Sixteen

Grey Smoke, Strange Stains, and Salty Faces

Junghan clutched onto Joshua as they left the hospital. "This is so great, isn't it? All three of us; soulmates! It's fantastic that Cheollie found us while we're still in the early stages of our relationship!"

"Doesn't stop him looking nervous," Joshua pointed out. Seungcheol looked almost green and Joshua felt a little sorry for him. It couldn't be easy, meeting your soulmates and seeing they looked as happy as he and Junghan did.

Junghan turned to Seungcheol. "Oh, Cheollie, don't be nervous! You'll fit in fine -- we're all soulmates for a reason."

Seungcheol nodded. "That's what I keep telling myself."

Junghan elbowed Seungcheol playfully. "Relax. We can all head back to mine and get to know each other," he suggested.

Joshua watched Seungcheol's reaction. The man's eyes widened ever so slightly for a split second before he swallowed and nodded. "Yeah, sure. Why not? It'll be fun." His pace seemed to quicken slightly.

"Fun?" Junghan scoffed. "It'll be more than fun. Trust me, being touched by your soulmate is beyond anything else."

"Junghan, do really have to talk so casually about that sort of stuff in public?" Joshua asked as they reached Seungcheol's car and climbed in."Shouldn't this car be locked?" Junghan asked before he leaned forward from the backseat and grazed his lips against Joshua's cheek.

Seungcheol snorted as he started the engine. "Have you seen this car? Would you steal it?"

"Right, I understand. So, do you want directions to mine?"

"Or maybe we should get to know Seungcheol before we take him to your parents' apartment. Where it'll just be us. You know, in case he's a murderer or klepto or something," Joshua suggested.

"Those are nice stereotypes you've got there, Shua. 'Oh, he's got a beaten up car and obvious money troubles so he must be a criminal.'"

Seungcheol shifted in his seat as he made his way out of the car park.

"Junghan, even if he had a Lamborghini I'd want to get to know him better. He could be some kind of gangster to afford a car like that."

Junghan made a noise. "Shua, if he had a Lambo I'd be riding his right now, gangster or not."

Seungcheol cleared his throat. "Can somebody please just give me directions? I don't know where I'm supposed to be going and, as Junghan pointed out, obvious money troubles. Fuel is expensive."

Joshua called out the name of the street the Chois lived on.

"Shua, my place is closer. His fuel," Junghan whined.

Joshua couldn't help but smile. He turned in his seat. "Stop acting like you care about his fuel, you're impatient and ," he teased.

Junghan shrugged and sat back. "Can you blame me? Look at him."

"This all very nice but I don't know this part of the city. Can I please get some directions?" Seungcheol spoke up.

Joshua shot Junghan a pleading look, who rolled his eyes. "OK, but you owe me." Joshua nodded. Junghan leaned forward, rested an elbow on each the front seat shoulders, and started rattling off directions.

As they drove, Joshua took the opportunity to look at Seungcheol. He was a good looking guy, in his own way. He seemed fairly well built under his hoodie. He was well mannered enough. He definitely seemed more along the lines of what Joshua had always imagined his soulmates would be like -- if Joshua ignored the packet of cigarettes in Seungcheol's back pocket.

 

When Seungcheol pulled up, he let out a low breath. Joshua thought he heard Seungcheol mutter something about "fancy arse motherers" under his breath.

They got out the car and walked up the driveway. Joshua hoped Mrs Choi was home like she usually was -- he hadn't grabbed the spare key on his way out that morning. Mr Choi answered the door, a bit unusual because it was earlier than the time Mr Choi usually got home from work.

"Who's the new friend, Joshua?" Mr Choi asked.

"Our other soulmate," Joshua explained as the three stepped inside the house and took their shoes off.

Mr Choi nodded and closed the door behind them. "Then I'll just leave you boys to yourselves," he said before retreating to the loungeroom.

Joshua led his soulmates to his bedroom. He and Junghan watched and listened, slightly amused, as Seungcheol looked around, trying to take in everything at once.

"There aren't any pictures of you around," Seungcheol observed.

"I haven't been here long. Originally I'm from America, just staying with the Chois until I get used to Korea," Joshua explained.

Seungcheol nodded. "Oh, cool."

Junghan cleared his throat and opened Joshua's bedroom door. "Your room still looks so bare."

"It's called minimalism," Joshua retorted as he went over to sit on his bed.

Junghan scoffed, joining him at the end of Joshua's bed. "Two guitars is hardly minimalistic."

They managed to convince Seungcheol to sit in the space between them, then spent some of the afternoon getting to know him. Junghan injected a good number of innuendos into conversation, making Joshua and Seungcheol laugh.

After a while, Joshua stood up. "I've got to use the restroom," he announced. Seungcheol nodded and Junghan didn't even acknowledge Joshua had said something, just continued talking.

On his way back to his room, Joshua heard Vernon talking to his dad in the living room. Curious, Joshua crept closer to eavesdrop.

"Is there anyone you could tell the story to besides your mum?" Mr Choi asked Vernon.

"What story?" Joshua asked and stepped into the room. He couldn't help himself.

"You'll do." Vernon stood up from his place on the couch. The kid looked ready to unload the whole story right then, and that was not something Joshua wanted to sign himself up for -- not with Junghan on his bed alone with Seungcheol.

"I have company, can it wait?"

Vernon flopped down onto the couch, looking very overwhelmed by whatever the story was. "Fine, I'll wait for mum."

Only one topic had gotten Vernon so stressed out whenever it was brought up during their morning walks to the cafe -- Seungkwan. Joshua felt a little sorry for Vernon.

"If it's about Seungkwan we can chat now, it's just Junghan and a new... Friend."

"OK, but can we talk in my room?" Joshua nodded and followed Vernon to his bedroom.

"So, what's up?" Joshua asked, leaning against Vernon's desk.

"I don't know, my head's a mess."

It took a lot of effort on Joshua's part not to snort, Vernon looked so frazzled that his head being a mess sounded like an understatement.

"What new information did you learn today?" Joshua stripped everything right down.

Vernon started pacing. It was a couple seconds before he opened his mouth. "I think Seungkwan might be my soulmate?" tumbled out.

Joshua thought it was funny it had taken so long for Vernon to question it. "This is already too much drama, I have my own soulmates to get back to. So, bye." Joshua felt a little bad for bailing on the kid, but it seemed like something Vernon could sort out on his time. He just needed some time to process things.

"You're bailing on me? Vernon complained as Joshua headed for the door. Then he paused, and tone completely different, asked, "Wait, soulmates? Did you meet the other guy?"

"Mhm, we did. And got checked by a specialist. Please don't interrupt us because Junghan just wants us all to bang but I want to make sure this guy's not a murderer or something before we take him to Junghan's place."

"Have fun," Vernon called as Joshua left the room.

Joshua went back to his room to find a tangle of limbs on his bed. Junghan had a hand up Seungcheol's shirt and Junghan's hair had been pulled out of its ponytail. Joshua leaned against his doorway and pulled his phone out of his pocket to check the time -- they hadn't even known each other a full three hours.

"There's that Yoon family charm your dad talked about."

The two broke apart, Seungcheol's eyes wide. Junghan wiped spit off his lips and shrugged. "We got bored waiting for you to get back," Junghan said like he was reading out the weather forecast. Joshua snorted, what else was he really expecting from Junghan? He walked over and gave Junghan a kiss, then sat down on the end of his bed. He placed a hand on Seungcheol's knee.

"It's fine, Seungcheol, you can kiss Junghan. You're our soulmate, too."

Junghan pulled Seungcheol back in for a kiss before he could react.

 

***

 

19 Oct

8:34 pm
how bunny goin
got in ur pnts yet??


8:36 pm
No, Jun. He's still "getting to know" Seungcheol.

8:38 pm
where r u guys?
his?


8:41 pm
I'm at the Chois', I've got no idea where those two are.

8:41 pm
is poor josh jelus?


8:42 pm
What do I have to be jealous about?


8:43 pm
idk
tht bunnys off w sum1 u two dnt kno v well
makin out
nd not w u

8:45 pm
Jun, that's stupid. Seungcheol's our other soulmate, why would I be jealous? I just don't want to be roped into anything.


8:46 pm
ur so nobl
bunny'd be jelus if it wer u nd seungvheol


8:47 pm
u wnna come round mine?
iv got gud snax nd cheap wine
nd no minghao


8:48 pm
I've got things I should be doing, sorry.


8:49 pm
dnt apologise
weve all got thngs to do

 

***

 

19 Oct

10:42 pm
cheollie just left mine
dam hes a gud kissa
like
im ded


10:43 pm
That's good, Junghan.


10:44 pm
u ok?


10:45 pm
ur nt upset by it rite?
nd loosen up w ur texts
geez u rnt ritin an essay


10:47 pm
I'm fine, Junghan. just studying
Loose enough for u?


10:47 pm
wow u didnt capitalise a word after a period
nd u wrote u instad of you
so loose


10:48 pm
Let me live
Pls


10:48 pm
omg!1! a pls


10:49 pm
I'm just trying to study and I honestly feel so attacked run


10:50 pm
oh
u got autocorrect
dam
nyway
cheollies a gud kissa
like dam gud
u gotta make out w him sumtime


10:51 pm
Added it to my to do list


10:51 pm
dont b a smartass
soo...
how soon do u rekon is too soon to have w cheolloe
???


10:54 pm
I don't know, wait til he initiates something? Don't want to freak him out. Y coming on too string, you know?


10:55 pm
is tgt a coupl typos?
my precious nervous?
its ok
vheollie said hes bin w a guy bfor
well guide u thru it


10:56 pm
b gentl and

 

Joshua threw his phone to the other end of his bed. Junghan's "precious " was nervous. He didn't want to have , but their other soulmate was in the picture and he'd promised Junghan.

Maybe wouldn't be as gross as he'd always imagined, maybe he'd get used to it. The would be confined by a , and he could deal with sweat. It surely couldn't be as bad as he'd imagined it. Maybe he would even enjoy it?


Joshua realised he hadn't answered Junghan, which was never a good thing to not do, so he picked his phone back up to type out a quick goodnight. It was still a bit early for Junghan to believe Joshua was actually going to bed, but Junghan thankfully let it slide and texted a goodnight back.

 

***

 

Seungcheol's tiny apartment reeked of cigarettes. Joshua wrinkled up his nose as he stepped inside and toed off his shoes.

Seungcheol went over to his wardrobe and grabbed a can of deodorant off the top. "Sorry," he apologised as he sprayed it around the room. "I forgot. I'll try to air it out a bit next time I know you're coming around."

Junghan snorted as he went over to a foldout couch and crawled underneath the covers. "It's cold outside -- the apartment'll be freezing if you open the window."

"Joshua doesn't like the smell. It's not like I'll die, I own blankets and jumpers."

Joshua watched while they talked. He admired Junghan's ability to climb into what he assumed must be Seungcheol's bed -- there was one other door in the small apartment that presumably led to the bathroom, so the foldout couch had to be where Seungcheol slept.

Seungcheol noticed Joshua was idling at his front door. "You can sit on the bed like Junghan, or you can take a seat at the table." Seungcheol motioned to a small coffee table that was closer to Seungcheol's fridge than it was to his bed. Joshua made his way over to the low coffee table and sat down. He placed his backpack down next to him and pulled out a couple of his textbooks and his notebook.

"You study too much, Shua," Junghan scoffed. "Come join me and Cheollie -- you haven't kissed him yet. I promise it's an experience."

"Joshua probably just wants to graduate with a good grade," Seungcheol defended Joshua.

"Graduating is graduating, even if you only just make the cut. Besides, Shua's already studied all the stuff his classes are covering right now back in America, right?"

Joshua sighed, "I studied it all in English though. I don't now the Korean terms for all this stuff." He shuffled around to face Junghan better.

"Please, Shua? Just for a little bit. Cheollie hasn't kissed you yet either," Junghan pouted.

Joshua weighed up his options. He enjoyed kissing, and Seungcheol was apparently very good at it. But, there was a very real possibility it would lead to . Joshua stood up with a sigh that was put on more for show than anything else. There was no use worrying about something that wasn't certain yet, he'd enjoy just kissing while he could.

"If Joshua doesn't want to we shouldn't make him," Seungcheol spoke up.

"He's just being dramatic -- he doesn't do things he doesn't want to."

Seungcheol looked to Joshua, who by now was sitting on the edge of Seungcheol's bed. Joshua nodded and Seungcheol seemed reassured. He made his way over to the bed and settled by Junghan.

"So, how is this going to wor--"

Seungcheol found himself interrupted by Junghan at his neck.

Seungcheol glanced at Junghan, gave a fond sort of smile as he rolled his eyes like already knew to expect that from Junghan, and motioned for Joshua to move closer.

"Joshua's more of a romantic than that," Junghan said as he ghosted his mouth over Seungcheol's throat. "He likes to cuddle and make out while watching movies and . He has standards."

"I can't even count how many times I've been ambushed at the door when I've gone to visit you!"

Junghan smirked. "It's sweet, your soulmate missing you and being so enamoured with you that he can't help but to express it as soon as he can, or some ." Junghan's focus shifted to Seungcheol. "What I meant, is that Shua likes things mushy and romantic. We'll probably have to have candles and all that romcom goop when we take his ity."

Seungcheol pulled back from Junghan, his eyes wide. "Joshua's a ?"

Junghan nodded. "Yeah, its great, isn't it? We get to be the first people to touch him and find out what he likes and hear all his little noises."

Joshua squirmed as he listened to Junghan. "Is it really such a big deal, me being a ?"

Junghan nodded, "It definitely is. It's like... I can't explain, it's just fun and exciting."

"Or ing terrifying. You probably have expectations for and we have to live up to them," Seungcheol fretted.

Joshua leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Seungcheol's cheek. "It's fine. I don't need my first time to be special or anything."

Junghan placed a hand on Seungheol's thigh. "See? He's fine. Now can you two just make out already?"

Seungcheol gave Joshua a look, almost like he was reluctant to even kiss him now that he knew Joshua was a .

"I've kissed people before, Seungcheol," Joshua assured him.

Junghan smirked and whispered something into Seungcheol's ear before leaning towards Joshua and kissing him. Junghan nipped at his lip, so Joshua opened his mouth and let him in. When Junghan pulled away the two of them were panting.


Junghan pecked Seungcheol's temple and patted his back encouragingly. "See? Our Shua can handle himself."

Seungcheol nodded dumbly and leaned towards Joshua slowly, then grazed his lips against Joshua's. Josh placed a hand on Seungcheol's cheek, the other on the bed to support his weight, and swiped his tongue across Seungcheol's bottom lip. The other man opened his mouth and Joshua slipped his tongue into his mouth.

Joshua heard Junghan make a noise of delight, almost like a squeal.

Almost immediately Joshua pulled away, trying not to scrunch up his face too much.

"I can't kiss you while you taste like smoke."

Seungcheol shot up and bolted to his bathroom.

Junghan chuckled. "Must've been a long time since the last time he got laid. He's so eager."

Something dropped in the bottom of Joshua's stomach. "Are we gonna -- now?"

Junghan shook his head. "Unless you want to?"

Joshua took a deep breath through his nose, trying to hide his nervousness from Junghan.

"Don't worry, Shua. The first time is the worst but you've got your two experienced soulmates to help you out."

Seungcheol reappeared, his mouth minty fresh. "What are we talking about?"

"I'm telling Joshua not to be nervous about his first time because we both know what we're doing."

Seungcheol nodded and opened his mouth like he was going to say something. Joshua leaned forward and captured his lips with his own. Joshua preferred kissing much more than discussing .

Seungcheol was a good kisser. A very good kisser. Making out with him was different from making out with Junghan. Where Junghan was mostly teasing and playful, Seungcheol was warm and commanding.

"Oh my god, he's so ing receptive. He's so ing -- just. Imagine having  with him, Junghan." Seungcheol moaned when they pulled apart for breath.

"How else do you think I've gotten through not having since I met him?"

 

 

===========

A/N:

Guess who's back?

Back again?

I'm back

Back again.

 

(I know, I'm lame, I cringe at myself daily.)

 

I was gone for two months, which I really apologise for. I wish I had an excuse, but I just didn't realise how quickly time was passing. I'm aiming for weekly updates now, though. Hopefully I can pull through. Aah, anyone remember the AITS days when I updated multiple times a week?