Hidden Love - Youngjae and You

GOT7 Scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“how about we play two on two then??” Jackson pleaded, not accepting the fact I had torn him apart in the video game we were playing

“sorry Jackson, once a loser always a loser! Plus I have to go home now, it’s getting late” I laughed as I watched him go on his knees and beg for a rematch

The guys were watching us fight while relaxing and doing their own thing in the living room. It was a night dedicated to complete relaxation here at the Got7 dorm, and Youngjae had invited me over to hang out with the guys since it had been ages since I had seen him last.

Youngjae and I have been friends since 10th grade and now that he is a well known kpop star I barely get to see him. We used to do everything together, from playing video games, to eating out, to watching scary movies (that we’d regret later on) to just sitting under a tree and pretending the clouds looked like animals.
I would be lying if I said my heart didn’t skip a beat when I entered the dorm and saw him after so long. Youngjae had matured so much since the last time we met and it made my heart secretly flutter.

No one, and I mean no one, knew I sorta had a crush on him. I never bothered telling anyone because I knew he wanted to be an idol so I didn’t want to be a burden while he worked for his dreams. Plus, I didn’t want our friendship to become awkward if I broke that barrier between us. There was just too much to lose, as much as I wanted him to see me as a woman, I couldn’t get myself to own up to the title.

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts as Jackson began to shake my arm to get me to accept his match.

“Jackson I’m sorry I have to go” I began to laugh at how silly he looked, “how about you practice from now on and I’ll come visit again to see how good you’ve gotten?”

I tried my best to get him off of me but he refused to budge, he was a competitive fellow and it seemed that losing just wasn’t an option for him,

“NO! Youngjae! Help me here man! Tell your best friend to stay for just one last game! PLEASE!!!” he called out

“ya! Just let her go man! She said she has to go home” Youngjae amswered without looking at us while focusing on the video game he was playing on his phone.

I looked at him with an annoyed expression…. I hadn’t seen the kid for almost a year and this is how he ‘escorts’ me out, by ignoring me completely!?!
I decided one more match wouldn’t do too much harm, especially if it meant beating Youngjae.

“actually, I’ll stay for a bit longer but on one condition” I announced, “Youngjae has to play with us”

Jackson screamed out in happiness as he ran over to Youngjae and dragged him off the sofa. Even though Youngjae was literally being pulled off furniture and dragged on the ground, he didn’t dare take his eyes off the video game he was playing. Once Jackson brought him to where we were, I snatched the phone out of his hand to grab his attention.

“YA!!!! Y/N I WAS JUST ABOUT TO BEAT THE LEVEL!!” he whined as he watched me place the phone in my back pocket

“okay well you can try beating me in this level and if you do I’ll give you your phone back” I stated as I sat down beside him and handed him a remote

“you’re gunna lose for sure” his competitive side began to shine, something I’ve missed seeing in a very long time

Bambam decided to partner up with me, and the four of us sat in front of the TV screen waiting for the racing game to begin. The game was set up in a way where both partners needed to get to the finish line in order to be the winners, so even if you finished you still hadnt won unless your partner made it to the end as well.

The light of the TV screen shined in our faces as we watched the countdown begin. As soon as it said ‘GO’ all hands were on deck and we all began to race to get to the end of the map.

I have to admit, I had totally forgotten how good of a video gamer Youngjae was. I totally underestimated his techniques as we drove through the racetrack. Jackson and Bambam were far behind while Youngjae and I raced for first place. He would drop bombs and hidden weapons every chance he was in front of me so that I’d get attacked and slow down. I knew most of his tricks so no matter how hard he tried to get me to fall for one it didn’t happen. We were so close to the ending now, the ‘end’ flags became visible as Youngjae and I still tried to get the other to slow down. As soon as I could taste victory, the unthinkable happened. I became too cocky and fell for an unexpected bomb Youngjae planted as he drove off to the finish line. My car slowed down just before I was about to finish, letting Youngjae take the lead and finish before me.

“YAAAY!!! JACKSON C’MON, YOU CAN DO THIS!!! HIT BAMBAM WITH A BOMB!!!” Youngjae yelled in complete happiness as he began to instruct Jackson on how to win

It hurt my pride to know I had (once again) lost to Youngjae, but the game wasn’t over and I had to make sure Bambam beat Jackson (or else I’d have to walk around with a paper bag over my head to hide my shame, for the rest of my life).

“c’mon Bambam! You’re almost there! When I say go I want you to drop your final bomb ok??” I instructed Bambam as he moved his body with the motion of his character

Jackson was only a few seconds behind bambam as the finishing flags began to appear. I told Bambam to patiently wait before he released his final bomb. Jackson was screaming now as he looked at the finish line, it seemed to look like he thought he was going to win. I almost felt bad for crushing his dreams but I refused to completely lose to Youngjae.

“NOW!” I instructed. Bambam quickly pressed the ‘x’ button to release his final bomb. And just as I thought, Jackson didn’t see it coming. Youngjae screamed and yelled as he watched Jackson’s car flip over off the race track while Bambam’s car crossed the finish line.

“YAAAAY! WE DID IT!!” I screamed while hugging Bambam

Once the game ended, Jackson had a straight face on as he looked at the final score. He then looked at Youngjae who was holding his head in shame and then at Bambam and I.

“I cant take this, I’m never playing video games with you again Y/N” he stated as he threw his controller onto the sofa and got up.
“I want to forget this ever happened, let’s go grab some icecream” he instructed as he pulled everyone off the sofas and floor

“you guys go on ahead, I think I’ll stay here and wait for my cab to come pick me up” I said while the guys all put their jackets on and began to leave the dorm

“you sure? Do you want one of us to stay with you?” JB asked as he put on his shoes

“no it’s cool, I’ll be fine” I let him know

“I’ll stay with her”

I turned arou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter