Four

No Longer Holding You Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Seok

A few days had already passed since Yong Rim told me not to hang out around Kihyun. Did I listen, though? No, of course not. She can't tell me who I can and can't be around with.

Just for that, I hung out with Kihyun every single day before and after work or whenever I had free time.

"So your sister doesn't like me?" he asked as he tapped his fingers on the cup as we sat in a cafe that he found that happened to have a ramp. He had promised me to take me once he got off work and he had kept his promise.

"It's not that she doesn't like you, she's just being an overprotective sister. She'll like you once she meets you! Promise!" I tried giving him my best smile but that didn't seem to cheer him up.

He gave me a face and I reached over to grab his hand.

"Come on! She's my sister and I know she means well but don't think so hard about it," I tried reassuring him but he didn't seem convinced.

Sighing, I let go of his hand and rubbed my thighs because I couldn't help but feel like a little embarrassed.

"Alright," he smiled at me as his expression brightened. Smiling at him, I sipped on my iced coffee and we continued talking about our day.

"So what is it that you do?" I asked him. Even after all this time, he still hasn't told me his occupation and I was really starting to grab curious as to what he does.

"I'm a vocal teacher," he laughed as he looked at me. I looked him surprised because the last thing that I would have thought he would do was sing!

"You sing?" I whispered not wanting to offend him and he simply nodded at me.

"But I'm not going to let you listen," he teased.

"Why not?"

He shrugged as he stuck his tongue out at me. Laughing, he stood up and looked at me.

"Are you done?" he said gesturing to my cup. Finished the little that I had left and handed it to him before he went over to the trash bin to throw both cups away.

He came back and went behind me to grab the handles of my wheelchair.

"Ready?"

"Yup!" I chimed.

Chuckling he rolled me out of the cafe and towards the sidewalk. It was already dark as the street lamps were on and there was a slight breeze. It really nice to be out at night, especially with someone other than my sister.

 

"Where were you? Do you know how late it is?" Yong Rim questioned me as I rolled inside.

I didn't answer her as Kihyun walked inside shyly. I took off my shoes as Kihyun stood in the doorway not knowing what to do.

"Who is this?" Yong Rim questioned as she backed away to give me enough space to roll up the mini-ramp.

"Yong Rim this is Yoo Kihyun. My friend," I said glaring at her. She froze in her spot as she looked at me. Rolling my eyes, I turned back around to face Kihyun.

"Come on in," I said to him. Yong Rim must have given him a face because he nervously gulped and looked away.

"Don't be scared of her," I said as I went back towards him and pulled on his arm. Stumbling forward, he quickly took off his shoes and placed them neatly next to mine as he came in.

He bowed towards her. "Hello," he managed to say.

Yong Rim slightly bowed at him as she shot me a glance but I ignored her as I held onto his hand and dragged him towards my room. I closed the door behind me and breathed a sigh of relief.

"What was that all about? It felt like war was going to break out," he said as he sat on my bed.

"Don't mind her," I waved it off and went over to my desk. I opened my laptop and logged in.

"Are you sure?"

Spinning around, I glanced at him and nodded.

"There is nothing to worry about. Now... do you want to watch something?" I asked him as I turned back around to face my laptop.

 

 

As the movie came to an end, I laid back on my pillow as I yawned and stretched my arms. I looked over to Kihyun and he glanced over before yawning himself. He stretched out his arms as he leaned back stretching the rest of his body. Once he finished stretching, he reached over for his phone and his eyes bulged as he realized what time it was.

"It's already midnight!" he exclaimed as he jumped out of my bed. Before we had started watching movies, I had convinced him to get me out of my wheelchair and onto my bed. At first he protested and said it would be better if Yong Rim got me out of my wheelchair, but I obviously objected to that idea.

At that moment, I wasn't speaking to my sister so I convinced him that it would be better if he did it. It was obvious that he was nervous when he lifted me up, but nonetheless, he did and then he settled next to me. Just in case, I had placed a few pillows between us. 

"Yeah," I said shrugging.

"Your sister is going to kill me!" he said with a bewildered expression. Rolling my eyes I tried sitting up but it was pointless.

"No, she's not. Don't worry about her. Just go. I'll see you tomorrow," I yawned once more.

Sighing, he bid his farewell and left my room. I heard him open the front door and close it right behind him. I sunk back into my bed as my eyelids fluttered close when suddenly there was a knock on my door. I didn't do as much as open my eyes as Yong Rim came into the room.

"Eun Seok," I heard her say as she stood by the door but I didn't even bother. She really pissed me off this time, because how could she judge someone so quickly? She didn't know him. She didn't even try getting to know him.

"Eun Seok," she said once more but I paid no mind. I kept my eyes closed though the burning sensation of wanting to peek at her was there.

Sighing, she walked over and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Look, I'm sorry. I was wrong okay?" she muttered.

Opening my eyes I looked at her back as she bent her head forward.

"Are you sure?" I finally said. She whirled around and looked at me. Her eyes were watery and I knew she regretted what she had said.

"Of course. I realized that he really does mean well. I just... it's just... that-"

"You were just looking after me, but even so that was kind of harsh," I looked at her as she nodded along to my statement.

She wiped her tears away as she sniffled and crawled onto my bed next to me.

"I love you so much and I wouldn't know what to do if something were to ever happen to you," she said as she wrapped her arm around my waist and brought me to her embrace.

Looking at her, she sure had a way of making me not want to stay mad at her for so long. She knew the right buttons to push and get to me.

Deeply sighing, I let her hug me and even hugged her back because at least she realized her fault.

"So... are you going to let me hang out with Kihyun more often?" I asked hopeful.

She snorted as she pulled away from our hug.

"Like you haven't been already,"

Nodding my head in agreement, I laughed because of how childish we were acting because of a guy.

"How's work?" I asked he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter