One

No Longer Holding You Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yong Rim

I heave a huge sigh of relief as I fall back onto the couch and throw my hands up into the air. The fan is spinning above me but I still feel a little warm and just really exhausted. I grab the collar of my shirt and tug on it to get some air to my body but that's not really working so I frown and fall sideways onto the pillows beside me. 

It's completely quiet in the house. After putting most of the things in their place and getting rid of the boxes, I tried to clean up as much as I could but eventually gave up because the house wasn't that dirty to begin with. The previous owner who lived in the house had left an instruction manual to some of the things that were around and I should have been looking over that but my eyes were starting to become heavy the longer I laid here.

I guess just resting for a little bit wouldn't hurt...

 

Later On

"Yong Rim,"

...

"Unnie,"

...

"UNNIE!"

A hand smacks my sharply and I sit up with a yelp, the pillow falling to the floor and Eun Seok staring at me with wide eyes before she bursts out laughing, throwing her head back and clapping her hands as I look around confused. 

"Why--why did you wake me up? What's wrong?" I scratch my head. 

"N-Nothing," she shakes her head. "Nothing's wrong but I'm hungry so I ordered some food and it's almost here,"

I let out a huge yawn that has Eun Seok wrinkling her nose in distaste before I lean forward and hug her around her waist as she squirms and tries to push herself backwards away from me. 

"Yah get off of me, off, off,"

"But I love you," I smile into her shirt. "You ordered food because you thought of me and knew that I would probably be hungry when I woke up,"

"Uhh..." she coughs. "Did you just not hear me earlier? I said that I was hungry, not you. ME."

"That's basically the same thing," I murmur. 

"No it's not. Aish! Get off of me already," she knocks me head with her fist and I twist away from her with a frown as she smiles. 

"Finally,"

"Shut up,"

"Make me,"

"I will literally fill the bath tub up with water and push you into it. Let's see you get out of that one huh?"

Eun Seok spins her wheelchair in the opposite direction and pushes herself forward, rolling right over my feet and I scream as I fall down to the ground, clutching my feet and curling into myself on the carpet as Eun Seok laughs to herself. 

"That's what you get for making jokes!"

"I literally hate you Eun Seok-ah!"

I clutch my feet and rub them to try to get feeling back into my toes while muttering underneath my breath but before I can say anything else the doorbell rings and Eun Seok is already making her way to the door to answer it.

"Hello!"

"Hi, um one large pizza and wings with two colas?"

"Yeah that's right,"

"Okay,"

I try to get to my feet and I hobble over with a frown to see the delivery guy handing Eun Seok the bag so she can place it in her lap before giving him the cash and waving as he says thank you and turns to go back to his car.

"Where'd you get the cash from?" I say closing the door.

"Your bag," she says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

I shake my head and sigh and I'm surprised I don't roll my eyes even though the urge to is strong. "I should have known,"

I help put the stuff on the table and take the boxes out of the plastic while Eun Seok grabs two plates and some paper cups for us to use. The food is steaming when I open the boxes and I my lips in anticipation at everything before taking a seat and grabbing a plate from my sister. "Looks delicious," I smile.

"You say that about everything you eat," she giggles.

"So," I shrug. "It's true,"

I grab a slice for myself while Eun Seok does the same and I pour her something to drink which she thanks me quietly as we start to eat.

At first we don't talk, the only sound being our lips smacking together and the shuffling of boxes as we go for seconds and split some of the wings between the two of us.

"So do you like it?" I ask her after swallowing a piece.

"What the place?"

"Yeah, that and Busan in general. Is it okay?"

"Fine by me," she nods. "The house is very cozy and small- it's cute and the owner really left you a lot of stuff so we didn't even have to get much and that's nice. I can hear the beach from my window so it's not far, we should try going out to see it and whatever else is around,"

"Sounds good," I nodded. I reached for my cup and took a sip then set it back down. "After work tomorrow, I'll try to get home as soon as I can and then we can head out,"

"Alright," she smiled.

A little while later we finally finished eating and I cleared the table while Eun Seok threw the garbage in the trash and wiped down the table as best as she could. She volunteered to do the dishes but I rolled my eyes at her and told her that I had it under control and she should just rest.

"I'm not even tired though," she said with an exasperated sigh.

"It's late, you should try to sleep so you will be well rested for tomorrow."

"Don't want to go to sleep," she said and dramatically slumped down in her chair.

I filled the sink up with water and placed the few dishes that we had underneath while squirting some soap in before turning around to face her. "Just come on, you look tired anyways. We had a long day,"

She pouted at me and I smiled, walking over to turn her chair around and push her towards the bathroom in the back of the house. She pushed the door open for me and I switched the light on, maneuvering her wheelchair to the side so I could go in first and get the bath started for her. It took no more than a couple minutes and once the tub was half way filled, I shut the water off and waited for Eun Seok to undress so I could help her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter