Déjà Vu

Roles again... [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It didn’t take too long to find Sehun if you know his habit and personality. Chanyeol took a short breath before knocking Junmyeon’s shared hotel room. Within ten seconds, the door’s opened, revealing the maknae wearing a simple Tee. Chanyeol almost gawked on how tall he was, and he has to look up to see the other’s face. Sehun’s hair was messy, assuming he was in bed, fiddling with his smartphone. It was their break time, and there will be dinner in the next two hours. Junmyeon was nowhere been found in the room. He could be with the manager.

 

“Hey, hyung. Care to join?” Sehun drew a playful grin.

 

‘Of course, I would.’ Chanyeol was thinking of this, but he refrained from saying so. He had to keep in character when he’s in front of the youngest member. Sehun isn’t easy to be fooled with, even he’s a guy who loves company.

 

“I won’t be long.” Chanyeol smiled lightly, and earned a light pout by Sehun.

 

The maknae ushered him to sit on Junmyeon’s bed, and he grabbed his phone, lying down on his own bed. “About tonight’s dinner, I heard they actually serve red bean mix lemon soup. You want to try it this time?”

 

Chanyeol could see a smirk on Sehun’s face. “Yeah, it sounds delicious.”

 

There was a moment of silence when Sehun didn’t say anything, but looked up at Chanyeol. The smirk on his face dropped. “I thought you didn’t like it? You said their sweet and sour taste don’t blend well.”

 

The respond triggered Chanyeol. He didn’t know Sehun was ‘teasing’ him, but he took it as a fact Kyungsoo did accept all food. Crap, he should think before answering. Chanyeol cleared his throat, trying to answer back before it gets too awkward.

 

“I--It depends on who make the dish... I mean-- It can be taste good sometime, right?” Great. He stuttered. “ Anyway, I actually come here to ask you about the doll Chanyeol gave me.”

 

Chanyeol tried to avoid any conversation about food for now, and thankfully Sehun didn’t brag about it. “Are you still not over it? It’s a good doll, you know?”

 

“It is a good doll. I just want to know if you know anything about the doll like... the story behind it?” Chanyeol’s word was more like a question, and he could see Sehun was smiling.

 

“Fun fact. It’s a voodoo doll. You heard about it, right?”

 

Chanyeol frowned. “A doll that takes souls for revenge?”

 

“Close, but this is a different kind of voodoo. You gotta love the story.” Sehun sat up and told the same story he did to Kyungsoo, and somehow the story made Chanyeol’s eyes sparkle.

 

“That’s a cool myth. And Chanyeol bought it without thinking, didn’t he?”

 

“Yep. He was fascinated by the look of it, but when I told him the story this morning, he was nearly on edge.”

 

Now the maknae mentioned it. Kyungsoo was on the edge. He was furious when he asked Chanyeol about the doll. Now it was missing, Kyungsoo was devastated. Chanyeol was wondering if there’s some sort of reversing the curse.

 

“Do you have any idea how she died? I mean, I know you didn’t know how the story ended, but aren’t you curious?” Chanyeol tried to make the question not too obvious, but the maknae frowned at him.

 

“Why would I? Chanyeol-hyung even asked me the same. Why the doll is too special?”

 

Chanyeol blinked, as he quickly answered without thinking twice. “Who knows? One day the doll might possess Chanyeol, and turn out to be an old lady.

 

The laugh escaped from Sehun, made Chanyeol thought nothing but a relief. “That’s a good one.”

 

“It does sound funny to you. But in reality, the doll’s missing.”

 

Sehun almost jumped on his bed. His laugh stopped. “Are you freaking serious?”

 

That caught Sehun’s attention, and Chanyeol planned to play along as he shrugged. “It was missing since early in the morning. I don’t know where it was.”

 

“Have you asked Baekhyun-hyung?”

 

As the maknae mentioning Baekhyun’s name, Chanyeol’s mind clicked. Baekhyun is usually the prank one, and he pranked everyone, even the annoyed Kyungsoo. He wondered if Baekhyun hid the doll.

 

“I’ll keep that in mind.” Chanyeol watched Sehun playing with his phone, again.

 

As the time passed by, Junmyeon came in and told them to get changed for dinner. Chanyeol didn’t have to since he was convinced his outfit was well enough. Three of them went to their reserved table, and all of the members were there. The manager smiled when he saw the last group joined, told the others to enjoy the dinner. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo didn’t talk that night, but there’s a sign they eyed each other awkwardly while they’re eating, and Chanyeol was the first to get up from his seat and left without meeting Baekhyun after dinner. He was nearly forgotten he was now shared room with the vocalist, that can be done later. Instead, he asked his manager if the hotel has a reading room, and gladly they had one. Chanyeol entered the room, greeted by tons of books. This isn’t reading room, it’s a library!

 

He walked around the shelves, looking for a specific book. He only wanted to find that related to the voodoo doll. There was a bunch of tales and myth believes in the island. Chanyeol had to fiddle through uninterested myths, until he spotted the voodoo doll story. His eyes went wide. However, after reading the first few lines, it was just a common story. The smaller sighed before stood up, and looked for other books.

 

 

“Chanyeol-hyung, can we talk a bit? It w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter