The Swap Vacay

Roles again... [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week has passed, they were already arrived at Fiji Island. It was a result of their hard work on the successful album sales, the company decided to give them a reward, if they only agreed to choose a place. Hence, they wanted to go to the beach, and the manager knew where they could claim their privacy. Except, their ‘healing unicorn’ wanted to spend his quality time with his family, which is for the best. Furthermore, they knew their company always had their own things in their sleeves since they won’t just let them go for ‘free’. So they decided this vacation was also a work for them. Tons of photos in a book, that’s what their manager said. The members didn’t mind about it because they wanted to share with their fans. They always love their fans, and for once if they could show them that they are just a human too.

 

Human makes mistakes, and so was Chanyeol. He kept his words to impress Kyungsoo that he never sticks to him for a whole week, finally showed. Kyungsoo had been ignoring him since then. No one noticed the change, except for Jongin. They three were roommates, and he noticed how awkward it was when they were packing their belongings before the trip.

 

An awkward silence, and reactions. Kyungsoo once bumped into Chanyeol to reach his short pants in the drawer, but Chanyeol just nodded apologetically before walking away from the room. He only returned after Kyungsoo done with packing. Jongin had been eyeing to those two brothers, and he could grasp what was going on. But he knew one thing, it was started during that event, when Kyungsoo was surrounded in the dark, staring grimly at Chanyeol. While it looked normal as Chanyeol started to talk more with Baekhyun, Kyungsoo on the other hand seemed to be trying to start a conversation with Jongin.

 

It was the time where they had to pair for a room, the manager told them it was them to decide since it was their vacation. Kyungsoo didn’t hesitate to choose Baekhyun for his roommate. Everyone was surprised at first, but with Kyungsoo’s reason for Baekhyun sleeping habits, they let him take care of it.

 

Their room was expectedly luxury. They could tell their room had been cleaned regularly to keep it away from dust. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun didn’t really mind about hygiene so much since they’re going to mess up the room anyway. Baekhyun placed his luggage down, and the first thing he did was flopping down on the bed. The trip from the airplane to a boat ride was non-stop, he couldn’t get a proper rest. Kyungsoo sat on the bed beside him, smiling softly.

 

“You can have all the sleep if you want, but we have to go out for lunch in twenty minutes.” Kyungsoo said.

 

Baekhyun glanced at him disapprovingly before he turned to his watch. “I thought we ate our lunch.”

 

“That was dinner, you dummy. Time zone differences.”

 

Baekhyun frowned. “We literally skipped breakfast?”

 

“I think we did. I go shower first.” Kyungsoo stood up to take off his clothes, only the other pursed his lips before he spoke.

 

“Kyungsoo, I know this isn’t the right time to talk about this, but are you sure it’s going to be alright?”

 

“What is?” Kyungsoo went to his luggage to take out his other clothes.

 

Baekhyun sat up as he had no interest to lie down in bed anymore. “I’m talking about you and Chanyeol. You haven’t talked to him for a while.”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t show any sign to stop for searching the right outfit to wear, except he took out a shirt he bought few days ago. And it was the shirt that Chanyeol chose for him. “I know what I’m doing, so don’t worry about it. He hangs out with you lately, am I right? You should be happy for it.”

 

“But Soo...” Baekhyun whined as he shifted his sitting position. “What you did is wrong. This isn’t going to fix the problem, or rather you try to avoid him completely. I can see clearly in his eyes. He’s not what he used to be.”

 

“Then he deserved it.” Kyungsoo turned his head sharply at the older, his expression stayed grim. “All I did was to change him. Don’t you understand? Changes bring best for him. I can’t just let him slip by doing things as he pleases. He wants to control his friends? Then he has to control me first. He needs to know everyone has limits. And so you too.”

 

Baekhyun clicked his tongue. “Don’t you think this went too far? That you might break him?”

 

“No. That kind of guy won’t easily break. I trust him.” Kyungsoo grabbed his clothes, and went straight to the bathroom. He didn’t give a second thought for Baekhyun to say anything. He knew what he was doing. Only he was hoping, he did the right thing.

 

However, on the opposite room was a different story.

 

“Hyung.” Jongin stretched his legs as he sat on the bed. “Can I ask a serious question?”

 

“Shoot.” Chanyeol was fiddling with his phone, searching for any free wireless connection.

 

“Did you and Kyungsoo-hyung having a fight?”

 

Chanyeol sharply turned his head to his maknae. His big eyes showed that he was obviously surprised. “No? We’re doing just fine.”

 

Jongin’s shoulders slumped. “Seriously, hyung. Don’t lie. You always keep it for yourself. Why didn’t you tell me already?”

 

“Because there’s nothing to hide?” Chanyeol’s answer was more like a question, which made Jongin sighed.

 

“Hyung, I was there. You guys didn’t speak a word every time you bump into each other. We are roommates. Of course I could spot the differences! If Junmyeon-hyung knew about this, how should I tell him?”

 

Chanyeol looked down, pursed his lips downward before sitting next to Jongin. “It’s not that I’m trying  to avoid him, it’s just... I’m doing for his favor. Not talking to him for a week is really, really hard. If only there’s another way...”

 

Jongin crooked his eyebrow. “What started?”

 

“Misunderstanding.” Chanyeol rubbed his head. “He said I pick friends.”

 

And Jongin snorted. “That’s true.” He could sense Chanyeol was glaring at him, but he chose to ignore. “It sounds like it was nothing to you, but reality is, we noticed. Kyungsoo-hyung and you have been too close lately. Too close. I’ve been counting how many times you went out with him than the others.”

 

“Okay. If you say so, then try to prove me right.” Chanyeol crossed his arms.

 

Jongin looked up at the ceiling as he counted with his fingers. “Let’s say by two weeks ago... You guys went out for shopping... then guitar shop on the next day... and then the pool on that Thursday... One time with Sehun and... Ah! You went out with Kyungsoo-hyung nearly ten times in one week, three times with Sehun, one time with Baekhyun-hyung, and none with the others... including me.”

 

“Are you joking with me?” The older asked, and Jongin shook his head. Gosh, he really did ‘pick his friends’. He has to change the habit. Chanyeol sighed heavily, and mumbled. “I’m screwed. What should I do to fix this?”

 

Jongin hummed as he thought something to help his brother. Something that Kyungsoo would appreciate. “This won’t be the best idea, but... Kyungsoo-hyung never rejects any gifts, am I right?”

 

It took a moment before Chanyeol’s face lit up, and his mind clicked. He turned to the younger, and formed a wide smile. “That stubborn guy always tells everyone not to send anything to him, unless it is one of a kind. There should be a souvenir gift somewhere around here he never thought to buy one. Jonginnie, you’re genius!”

 

And then the latter earned a slap on the arm by the older. He yelped before rubbing on the sore spot, giving the older a dirty look. Chanyeol, however, laughed in his face before reaching for his phone to continue what he missed.

 

 

Choosing a gift is one of difficult times. Chanyeol dragged Sehun to the small shops in the island, as much the maknae nearly screaming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter