Righteous Wrong

Roles again... [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol’s plan was nearly screw up that day. His conversation with his best friend almost turned into an argument last night, until it is decided. Chanyeol can go to the shop with Kyungsoo, only when Baekhyun on their watch. It’s unfair to be honest. Why Baekhyun suddenly being so protective like a mother hen watching her chicks playing in a puddle of water? Chanyeol shook his head. This isn’t supposedly happening, because he wanted to bring Kyungsoo to a ‘surprise’ place according to his plan. If he didn’t get rid of Baekhyun, his plan will delay or probably will ruin.

 

He needs a distraction.

 

“No! I will not do it!” Exclaimed the pouty Sehun, as the maknae stomped his way to the kitchen.

 

“Sehunnie, pleaseee? Just one time!” Chanyeol timidly followed behind the younger.

 

Sehun looked around, knowing the others weren’t there to hear their conversation. “Uh-huh, sure. One time, and I begged you last week to go out with me like how many times? Ten times! You didn’t even look me, at all!” He emphasized the ‘at all’, making the taller flinched.

 

“Yes, I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to! I’m starting to get comfortable with Kyungsoo around me. He’s very distant from us and hyung is kinda appreciated with my job getting him out from the pod.”

 

Sehun watched him unamused and crossed his arms. “We did appreciate, but not when you stuck with him twenty-four seven.”

 

“I have no intention to keep sticking with him that long. At least for today.”

 

Sehun groaned lightly. “For today. Fine, just for today.”

 

The other drew his wide smile and took the maknae’s hand, giving a happily shake. “You’re the best, Sehunnie!”

 

And with Sehun’s help, everything went smoothly as he expected. It was after their morning schedule, and then they’re free to do anything. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were on their way to the store streets. They were chatting non-stop in their private vehicle, and Baekhyun seemed to be enjoying himself. Jongdae was right about joining them for at least once, he seemed to be able to talk freely. Meanwhile Kyungsoo was being himself as he heard them talking and laughing when necessary. While this seemed to be normal for them, but Chanyeol didn’t. He wanted Kyungsoo to open his mouth and talk. Talk, speak, anything possible to make him produce a sound.

 

“Isn’t this shorts suitable for you, Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol picked up hanged shorts nearby.

 

Kyungsoo eyed on the shorts, and pursed his lips. It’s clear he didn’t like the design of the shorts. Just before he could say anything...

 

“Nah. Kyungsoo wouldn’t wear that. He prefers black.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Ah, then I find something else.” Chanyeol agreed with Baekhyun, and he placed back the hanged shorts to where it was.

 

He knew Baekhyun will speak for Kyungsoo. Baekhyun always does, which is why he needed Sehun’s help, as soon as possible. He could only crossed fingers, hoping the plan will work. Chanyeol did appreciate Baekhyun to hang out with them. He was able to tell jokes or share their common sense as they kept talking. But no. Not this time, when he is on a mission to make the quiet member to reveal more.

 

Chanyeol tried again, this time when it’s close to lunch hour.

 

“So who want some Italian food~” Chanyeol provoked Kyungsoo as he knew spaghetti is always his favourite.

 

However, it got fired back when Baekhyun raised his hands, jumping up and down. “Oh! Oh! I’m up for chicken!”

 

Why Baekhyun trying to steal the attention here?

 

“I’m okay with anything.” Kyungsoo replied with a small smile.

 

The taller had no choice to follow his friend’s decision. ‘Italian food plan failed’, as he thought to himself. He looked around for a safe route to their lunch place, since he noticed their fans were looking, stalking, and taking pictures of them. They needed to act fast. The lunch took early as they thought, since the fans were getting out of control. They could see them surrounding the place and their faces plastered on the window glasses. Thankfully, the waiter helped them use the back door for an escape route. They resumed shopping with less stalking fans this time, with the help of their manager after they called him after lunch.

 

“Hey, Chanyeol. Why don’t you buy something for yourself?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“I would buy something, but I usually order online.” The taller answered without looking at him.

 

Baekhyun stopped and looked around. “Not everything you can find in online.”

 

Chanyeol turned to his friend, considering if he should buy something for himself since it wasn’t his plan on the first place. He wanted to go shopping because he wanted to shop with Kyungsoo, and also to execute his secret plan. When he was about to say anything, the smaller member beat him.

 

“He’s right, Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo stepped up. “Think it as a reward for yourself.”

 

Every time when Kyungsoo says a word, it is hardly to say no. He’s always been a supportive person. Chanyeol gave up and began to take what he wanted to buy. Although he didn’t need to buy a new outfit, the others will end up borrowing his anyway. But that just suddenly his mind clicked. He used to be a big fan of branded hoodie, so he should check them out. Baekhyun kept sticking beside him, tossing opinions and everything. It sounded more like he was the one wanting new clothes. From time to time, Chanyeol lifted his head to peek what Kyungsoo was doing, and the smaller did nothing by keeping quiet in the corner and window shopping. This isn’t how Chanyeol wanted to spend his whole day.

 

And soon, the time is almost here. Chanyeol has been waiting patiently for Sehun’s cue. When the clock strikes six, it begins.

 

‘Biccnaneun geosdeureun---’

 

“Oh, excuse me. I gotta pick up the call.” Baekhyun took out his phone, pursing his lips when he saw the caller’s name. He turned around and picked up the call.

 

Chanyeol’s gaze to his good friend and didn’t stop staring at him. He was eager to know who or what was going on in the line. Kyungsoo wasn’t there around them, too busy looking at the outfit design. After a minute, Baekhyun placed his phone back in his pocket, letting a small huff.

 

“Sorry, guys. But I gotta go.”

 

Chanyeol almost smirked in victory.

 

“That soon? Perhaps it’s time we get back to dorm anyway. We can tag along if you want to.” Kyungsoo suggested and Chanyeol’s face fell.

 

“Nahhh. You still don’t have the shirt you wanted. Chanyeol can help you with that, so I don’t think you need to tag along.” Baekhyun explained. “Hope you guys have fun, and oh! Be back before late night!” The vocalist waved and ran out of the store. Kyungsoo blinked as he went and Chanyeol smiled to his ears. Finally, some good quality time between them.

 

“Looks like just us! Did you find anything that suit your taste?” Chanyeol came to the smaller.

 

The other pursed his lips. “Why don’t you choose for me?”

 

Chanyeol nodded and within half an hour, they figured which outfit suitable for Kyungsoo.

 

 

That night, or more accurately, before midnight, Chanyeol brought him to somewhere he never been before. Up to the hills, where it took nearly two hours from their last visit. Kyungsoo sat quietly in the passenger’s seat, observing the road beside him. He was slowly getting nervous, and worry because Chanyeol drove to the road where they never took before. Yes, Chanyeol was driving. How in the world the tall member managed to convince their manager to let them alone going to an unknown place, Kyungsoo didn’t even know.

 

“What is this some sort of a kidnapping attempt, and ask Junmyeon-hyung for ransom?” Kyungsoo was clearly joking and Chanyeol chuckled as he kept changing glance between the GPS and the road.

 

“I’m taking you to a secret place where I found in the internet. Since tonight’s weather is perfect, I don’t think there will be another day.”

 

The smaller eyed at the driver. “Secret place? A haunted house?”

 

“What?! No! I wouldn’t even think of going there if I were you!” Chanyeol exclaimed, almost losing his grip on the steering wheel.

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and leaned back on the seat. “Hope it’s better be good.” He didn’t hear a response from Chanyeol, and he began to close his eyes. He could use some short nap.

 

He didn’t notice for how long, but the moment he heard the engine went off and a light shook from the taller, he blinked his eyes open.

 

“We’re here. Get your coat on.”

 

Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter