Just a friend

Roles again... [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once.

 

They were hanging out lately. Every time after they ended practice or schedule, they will attend to go somewhere else together with a reason. And once they went out, it took hours to wait them to come back. What’s odd, no one even mad at them. Because there’s no way they get mad with either the rapper or the vocalist.

 

“I’m taking Chanyeol to the grocery store. We’re planning to make Jajangmyeon for dinner.”

 

“Hyung! I’m borrowing Kyungsoo to the studio! I need him to test out a song!”

 

Basically, they’re talking about Chanyeol and Kyungsoo.

 

Twice.

 

They went out again at night, occasionally. Joonmyeon never complains. In fact, the leader preferred that way since they need to bond the ties between brothers. However, Joonmyeon is blind. He didn’t realize they bonded that close. Very close compared to other members.

 

“Chanyeol told me I should wear a simple printed on the black shirt. He ended up bought me one.”

 

“I’m not hungry anymore. Kyungsoo stopped by Baskin Robbins and treated me new flavor ice-cream. Can you believe that?”

 

Everyone knows Chanyeol loves to buy and present gifts to the members. However Kyungsoo needs an occurrence to buy for someone, and he never spoke a word about it. If he buys something, then it should be something special.

 

Thrice.

 

Excuses. They used excuses to get closer to each other, and those excuses worked on everyone. Just added the word ‘promise’, they will let it slide. Even the maknae’s adorable beg, both of them don’t give a damn about it. To them, it’s an old trick to get the attention.

 

“I can’t join you. This early morning I promised with Chanyeol to help him cleaning his scooter.”

 

“I’m really, really sorry, hyung! I have to crash at dad’s place after evening schedule, and I’m bringing Kyungsoo along!”

 

It’s so obvious, and yet, the members choose to ignore it. Their excuses becoming less reasonable, as they repeated the same reasons from yesterday, or two days ago. And no one talked about it. The excuses were easy to be forgotten. But one or two members remembered it well.

 

“Weren’t Chanyeol and Kyungsoo gone to the instrument shop three days ago to repair his guitar? The guitar wasn’t even broke. It’s perfectly fine!” Baekhyun scowled and leaned heavily on a couch.

 

Chen, or Jongdae watched his sulking friend, and drew a faint smile. To be honest, he was a little worried about Baekhyun. They didn’t have any schedule until evening, so Baekhyun and he rested up at the living room. However, today Baekhyun was bored. He usually talks the most, but this time he has no friend to talk to. Now that lately Chanyeol went out whenever he’s free, leaving his best friend behind, Baekhyun became restless. The moment he lay down on the marble floor, and started to sing out of the pitch. It hurts Jongdae ears, but what can he do? Plus, he noticed Baekhyun didn’t smile when Chanyeol or Kyungsoo weren’t around. Then it’s up to Jongdae, cheering him up.

 

“Maybe Chanyeol went to buy the guitar strings instead.” Jongdae warped one arm around his friend’s shoulders.

 

Baekhyun was reluctant at first, but eventually he rested his head on Jongdae’s shoulder. “With Kyungsoo?”

 

“Kyungsoo probably free that time. You should have followed them.”

 

Baekhyun shook his head lightly. “I don’t think they appreciate me going with them.”

 

“Who said so?!” Jongdae completely turn to his friend with wide eyes, backing up a bit. He was surprised if either Chanyeol or Kyungsoo telling Baekhyun that he’s just a bother. They are close friends after all. If Jongdae could catch those who said bad words about Baekhy--

 

“No one. I was saying if they might think me as a busy body guy. You know how loud I am.”
 

...Oh.

 

It’s just Baekhyun over thinking about it. What a relief. Jongdae huffed lightly before rubbing his friend’s arm. Leaving Baekhyun behind is similar to leaving the lost puppy. The puppy will get loud and grumpy, and so does Baekhyun.

 

“No. It’s not like that. Don’t think of that way. I’m sure they would be glad if you want to join them. Why don’t you ask them next time when they get back?” Jongdae made a mother like tone, and Baekhyun seemed to consider it.

 

“Do you think so?” He asked and Jongdae nodded. He made a thoughtful look before he drew a small smile. He should have asked them instead of observing. They might have gone together because they knew they don’t have schedule at that time. He had seen Kyungsoo went out with Joonmyeon since Chanyeol had to go for an interview. “I guess you’re right.” Baekhyun leaned back on Jongdae.

 

“Seriously, I hate you guys fighting over small things. We know Chanyeol being childish even he’s a matured guy. But he’s a trustworthy person who can relay with in any cost. Have you called him today?” Jongdae asked.

 

Baekhyun shook his head. “I haven’t.”

 

And that was Jongdae’s cue to get up from him. “Give him a call. He’ll appreciate it.”

 

Baekhyun looked at him as he walked away, leaving him alone on the couch. He hadn’t called Chanyeol for a real talk or anything except for emergencies. And now, Jongdae thought they’re fighting, which is not true. Lately, they became more distant since Chanyeol started to hang out with Kyungsoo. Perhaps Jongdae easily notice them since they’re the same age, and these same age friends tend to be the closest friends compared to other members.

 

Baekhyun looked down to his smartphone, scrolling down to find his friend’s name. And when he found it, he stopped right there for several minutes. He started to think if he called him at the wrong time, what will he say to him? Is he bothering their moment? What if Chanyeol picked up and asked?

 

Without thinking twice, Baekhyun pressed the call button and waited for an answer. He knew Chanyeol for long and it is obvious Chanyeol will pick up his call no matter what. But Baekhyun became so anxious and hoped that his friend didn’t pick up the call. He closed his eyes, ready to press the end call instead. He didn’t want to talk to Chanyeol . He didn’t want to ruin the moment.

 

However, instead of pressing end call, the ringing noise kept going. Baekhyun looked up to his smartphone and the call didn’t get through as a voice of a lady telling him they’re entering the voice message. For once, Baekhyun was glad Chanyeol didn’t pick it up...

 

But at the same time, he felt disappointed that Chanyeol didn’t answer his call. He stared at his smartphone for the longest time. Should he stop relying on him from now on?

 

 

“Chanyeol, your phone’s ringing.” The short man informed he heard his friend’s ringtone inside the backpack.

 

“Oh, leave it. It could be our manager. I told him to give a miss call if my guitar’s ready.” The taller man bends forward with his billiard stick, eyeing on the white ball to aim the target.

 

Their surroundings were half packed with guys, spending their time playing the pool. What makes them comfortable, there are no fans around except some of the people knew two of them are idols, but they treated them as friends. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were spending their time polishing their pool skills at Chanyeol’s father’s shop. Although his father was not there, he usually comes at random times to play the game. This time, Kyungsoo was interested in the game too, and ended up asking the taller if he can learn it. Chanyeol that it took years to master them, but he can teach him ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter