Birthday Wish (Kryber)/Part 2

Intertwined

Krystal woke up to no one beside her. Amber already left. Must be for a shooting again, she thought. Now she's all alone again, a feeling which she clearly doesn't fancy.

As she got to the kitchen to fix herself some breakfast, she was surprised to find two burnt french toasts on a plate and a separate cup of instant ramyeon with a note on top. 


Hey Princess,

Here's breakfast. I know, it , but it's better than nothing. Well... There's also that burnt french toast I made... Just so you have a choice for breakfast? Anyways, just eat. It's not good to skip breakfast. Have a nice day princess! ^^~


The note made Krystal smile. She decided to eat the french toast and save the ramyeon for later.

As the day passes, even though alone, Amber's gesture made her forget that, it made her mood better.

Suddenly her phone buzzes and greets her with a message from her boyfriend, asking her to meet him outside his office later. 

She should be elated, and even more happier because that is what she usually feels, but she's surprised as she feels nothing. Something that's a first for her, something that made her so confused. 

With the urgency to meet her boyfriend, she sets her thoughts aside and makes herself believe that it's all just because she has finally gotten used to how busy her boyfriend was.

Krystal arrived at her boyfriend's workplace a bit too early so she decides to stand outside the building  and wait for him until she heard that low yet soft familiar voice. 

"Krystal."

She turned around and saw her boyfriend standing behind her, and again, there was this confusion as she failed to feel happy and excited to see him. Yes it seems like her brain wants to, but her heart just can't.

"Rain."

The guy now walks in closer to her and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Let's go eat lunch. I'm starving."

"Yeah. Let's—let's do that."

Both arrived at a nearby restaurant and they started to order. While waiting for their food to arrive, Krystal pulls out a small box from her bag and gives it to Rain.

"What is this?" The latter asked confused.

"I was supposed to give it to you yesterday. Anniversary gift." Krystal tries to say with a smile.

Rain's still confused expression didn't go away, making it evident for Krystal to see how he really forgot what's the occasion yesterday. But her heart didn't even bothered to get angry nor sad, again she convinces herself that it's just because she's slowly getting used to her boyfriends flaws. "It's okay. I get it that you're busy and such. Good thing Amber accompanied me last ni—"

"Amber? Your dyke bestfriend?" Rain asked looking a bit annoyed.

Now, it's Krystal's turn to frown at her boyfriend. "Hey. Watch it."

"Whatever. I bet she benefits so much from being your 'best friend'." 

The girl's eyebrows now furrows even more. "What do you even mean? And I really don't get why you both dislike each other."

Rain just scoffs. "She's lesbian for godamn's sake Krystal. It's obvious that she likes you, and that's also why she hates me. She wants to be in my position right now, she wants to have you more than just a bestfriend. That erted dyke must've took advantage to hug you, hold ha—"

Krystal has heard enough. The girl now bursts. "You can stop now Rain. Amber isn't like that. And even if she really does like me, her mind doesn't work that way. She's a nice and respectful person." What she just said is true, considering how Amber tried her best to refuse with her offer to sleep on the same bed, and on how Amber didn't dare to even just slightly touch her that night.

"Hey, why does it sound like you're taking her side here?"

"I-I'm not taking sides, it's just that—" 

"Tsk. I'm your boyfriend here right? You really don't believe me do you?"

Does she believe in what her boyfriend is saying about her bestfriend? No. No she doesn't. She knows Amber, she trusts her. More than her boyfriend.

"You love me right?" 

The question surprised Krystal. Normally she should answer yes right away, but now, it made her think before even answering "Yes." with a halfhearted smile.

Rain grins with the response. "Let's just eat and forget all about that 'friend' of yours."

Both started to eat, when suddenly Rain's phone rang and the latter had to stand and take the call, leaving Krystal submerged in thoughts once again. 

Does Amber really like her?

If she does, then how should she react to it?

Lastly...

Why is the feeling so much different being with Rain now?

These are the questions that kept on running through her head since earlier, but everything was interrupted when Rain came back. "I'm needed at work." He monotonously informed the younger girl as he quickly reaches for his bag. "Here's the money for when you pay later. Just continue and finish your meal. I'll be going now."

With that, Rain was gone in a flash, and again, Krystal was left there alone, sadness and loneliness creeping in her. But even before she lets those things win over her again, she contacts someone who she knows can accompany her. 

"Yoboseo?"

---

"I'm so dead." Amber mumbles to herself as she speeds her way through the busy road on her motorcycle. Krystal would definitely  kill her if she takes long. Actually, she's already 30 minutes late due to traffic, and if this goes on, she needs to prepare herself for some beating from the younger girl. 

Only a few blocks away from where they were supposed to meet, Amber was caught on a red light. "Aish. That was a close call." 

As she waits for the green light to pop out, she sees a familiar figure from afar walking hand in hand with a girl. "Is that... Rain?" Due to her poor eyesight, Amber squints her eyes. "That's him for sure. Who's he with anyway? Isn't he supposed to be at work as Krystal said so?"

Amber's contemplation was suddenly interrupted with blasts of car horns. Turns out the the green light is already on. She quickly apologizes first before driving her motorcycle again.

When she got to their meeting place, she saw Krystal sitting on a bench, the latter's back turned to her. 

It's actually their special place. A park located up on a small hill where there is an overlooking of the city. The place where they became friends.

Amber nervously walks towards the younger girl and sits beside her. "Sorry I'm really really late. Please don't hit me." She automatically flinches with words.

To the latter's surprise. Krystal looks calm and she doesn't seem annoyed at all. "It's fine Stupid."

But what lacks most from Krystal right now is her enthusiasm. Well something's up. Amber thought. Maybe it's because of her boyfriend again.

That's when Amber suddenly remembers seeing Rain with a girl earlier. "Krys, you said Rain left you for work right?"

The younger girl just silently nods at her. "Why'd you ask?"

"It's just that..." Amber hesitates to answer. She wants Krystal to know what she saw, but if she does, then Krystal would be even more sad. And Amber doesn't want that. 

"...Nothing. He uhmm... H-he just seems to always leave for w-work." Is what she ended up saying. She's not even a 100% sure if it's Rain that she saw, which is why she just didn't pursue on the topic. Her eyes might just be failing her again, but what she didn't fail to see is her bestfriend's sad smile as she replied. "It's okay, I think I'm slowly getting used to it." The latter now scoots closer to her and rests her head on Amber's shoulder. "At least now you're here with me."

As much as Krystal hides it, she can't deny to herself how Amber's presence comforts her, how it makes her happy. She doesn't want to think anything of it, she just wants to keep it simple. Being with Amber brightens her mood. That's it, no explanations needed, because the more she thinks on why it's like that, the more complicated her feelings get for the older girl and for her boyfriend as well.

Amber now puts an arm around Krystal. "Wanna go to the fair?" She asks, hoping it would make the younger smile, and it did. Krystal's face brightened by the mention of the fair.

"Oh my god yes!" She replied excitedly while shaking Amber. 

The latter has always been amazed by how quickly Krystal's mood changes just by the mention of the things she loves, which is mainly food and sometimes 'kid like' stuff.

So, Amber stood up and dragged Krystal off, which the latter actually found quite charming.

When they got to where Amber parked, Krystal's face was full of amazement as she saw Amber's motorbike, because after she rode it once with Amber, the older girl refused to give her anymore rides with it and just always drove on her car.

"Chincha? You're letting me ride again with you this time?"

"Well... I have no choice. Since you were rushing me earlier, I didn't bother bringing the car, and I didn't anticipate that we will be going to the  fair so... Yes, I guess you'll be riding it with me again?" Amber explained.

Since her last ride with the younger girl, Amber was always nervous of the thought of giving her a ride again because of the danger they both might encounter. The older girl was always worried, yet here they are in this situation right now. That's why she mentally convinced herself that she would drop the fast and dangerous ride she's used to and would carefully ride with Krystal.

After putting on her helmet and helping Krystal put on hers, both set off to go to the fair with Amber driving carefully as she could which was not unnoticed by the younger. It actually made Krystal smile as to how Amber cares for her silently like this in her own way.

The inner child in Krystal took over when they arrived at the fair. The younger girl was constantly smiling in awe as she saw the countless game booths, rides and the food vendors in the place. She happily pranced ahead of Amber while the latter followed closely behind her with a bright smile also on her face. "Yah, faster stupid!" Krystal teased Amber while sprinting ahead of her. The older girl also runs, following the younger. The latter suddenly stops when she saw an ice cream vendor. She holds Amber's hand and drags her towards it. "Buy me an ice cream Am~" Suddenly an aegyo filled Krystal appears and pleads to Amber.


Amber can't help but to chuckle at her friend's cuteness. As far as she knows, Krystal only does aegyo when she's desperate for food, so Amber decides to . "Let's see you dance to Red Velvet's 'Ice Cream Cake' first." The latter says with a huge grin.

"Aaaaaah~" Krystal starts to cutely complain while stomping her feet and slightly shaking Amber. "Buy one for mee~"

Not being able to take the younger one's cute complaining anymore, Amber nods in defeat and buys Krystal a mint choco chip ice cream, the latter's favorite flavor.

After having bought the ice cream, both continue to roam around and have fun at the fair. They rode on rides, ate snacks, and played games, even competing with each other on some games and had bets, in most of it Amber lost. She even lost at the basketball shooting game after teaching Krystal how to properly do it, which resulted to her giving Krystal a piggyback ride for what seemed like 15 mins. The only thing she beat the younger girl in is that shooting game where Krystal failed to hit one target while she was able to hit all of them. Well at least it earned her a free tteokboki from Krystal.

It's completely evident that the latter had a great time with her bestfriend as that genuine smile on her face won't seem to fade, and Amber is just also happy that Krystal is now smiling brightly again.

Both tired with their fair 'escapade' they found a bench to sit on. "So..." Amber starts off. "Mind to have dinner with me?" She asks Krystal with a hoping smile.

The latter returned the smile. As she was to state the obvious answer, her phone suddenly rang. The girl didn't bother to see who was calling her and just answered the phone.

"Yoboseo?"

"Krystal, it's me Rain. My work is finished. Go to my place and cook dinner? Let's eat together."

Her boyfriend's words surprised her. Rain haven't slipped her mind since Amber arrived and accompanied her. To make matters worse, both are now offering her dinner. 

"R-rain I..."

By the mention of her bestfriend's boyfriend, Amber's head shot up and looked at Krystal. She saw how the latter looked completely flustered, so she just sighs and decides to do something that she knows will completely crush her heart but will make her friend happy in the process.

As Krystal looked at her, Amber quietly mouths with a forced smile. "It's okay. Go with him. He's your boyfriend after all."

The older girl can't comprehend what she saw on the younger girl's face but she was rest assured that she did the right thing when she saw a small smile coming from the latter.

Krystal slowly looked away from Amber's warm and assuring face as she sighs and says "Okay." To Rain on the phone.

"Good. I'll be seeing you later then."

With those last words, the call was cut off. Her boyfriend always does that anyways. Abruptly hanging up without even informing her or saying 'bye'. Well, Krystal wishes that it's the only thing that's bothering her, because right now, the truth is that she actually wanted to stay with Amber, so it kind of pains her that the latter is okay with her going with Rain. But what makes her heart sink more is that how Amber made her feel guilty when the llama stated how Rain is her boyfriend after all.

This mixed up emotions just makes Krystal want to burst, but instead, she deeply sighs.

"Yah. What's with that? One minute you're sending me a smile of gratitude for letting you go and now you're sighing? I might not let you go if you're like that." Amber jokes. She's actually curious and worried about her friend's actions but she doesn't want to create a heavy atmosphere co'z the whole point of bringing her to the fair was to cheer her up in the first place.

Little did Amber know that what she said quite sparked hope in the younger girl. Maybe it's okay if she tells Amber that she wants to stay. "Well... Can't I just spend ti—"

"LLAMA!!!"

A woman's sudden holler caused Krystal to stop talking and brusquely stand up looking for the stranger in annoyance. But what happened next was something she never expected.

Amber also stood up with a rather very delighted face and turned to where she heard the woman shout. Soon as she saw the girl, she waves at her while the stranger rushes to Amber's embrace.

The sight Krystal is seeing right now took her by surprise. She just stood there flabbergasted with a confused and what seems like an annoyed look. A lot of thoughts suddenly rushed through her head.

Who is this girl?

How does she know Amber?

Why do they seem so close?

And most importantly...

Why are they hugging like the world is going to end tomorrow?!


Krystal was awoken from her trance when the stranger suddenly spoke to her. "Oh gosh sorry for intruding on you guys." The girl said with an apologetic smile.

Before Krystal could even release a sarcastic reply, Amber cut her off with her bright smile. "No it's okay. You didn't intrude on anything."

Now Krystal is utterly annoyed. What the hell? The stranger clearly interrupted their conversation but Amber just brushed it off?! 

"Yah. Goldfish, when did you came back?"

"Yesterday."

"Why didn't you tell me then?"

"I was planning on surprising you at your apartment today, but here I am! I didn't expect to find you here at the fair with a gi—"

Before the stranger could even finish her sentence, Krystal cleared and forced a smile as to not be rude to the stranger. "Sorry to interrupt your little reunion there, but yeah. Hi I'm Krystal."

Grasping the situation, the stranger suddenly panics and starts to stutter under the stare of the younger girl but still manages to genuinely smile at her. "O-oh.. T-tha-that was so r-rude of me. I-I'm so sorry. My name is Ailee by the way." The latter says as she extended her hand for a handshake which Krystal hesitantly took.

Knowing of the younger girl's nature of interrogating people she doesn't know that is a part of her life, she immediately chimes in before Krystal could even start. "Yeah Krys, this is my childhood friend Ailee. And Ailee, meet my... Uh, bestfriend Krystal." 

Already knowing what are the questions running through her friend's head as she saw the latter's eyes that are full of questions, Amber starts explaining the situation to a bewildered Krystal. "Ailee and I have been friends since kindergarten," The older girl starts off as she puts an arm around Ailee and pulls her closer. "but then, when we both reached our first year in highschool, her whole family decided to migrate to New Jersey, so with her leaving, I was left alone here. That's why you haven't met her."

A half hearted "Oh..." left the younger girl's mouth as she still feels a little bit off by the fact that Amber never had told her anything about Ailee. And also seeing how close her bestfriend is to this girl, like literally their close proximity to each other right now, irks her to bits. She can't stand witnessing how Amber is too close to Ailee. 

Considering that the older girl is a total social butterfly, Krystal is actually used to seeing Amber being all close and a bit touchy to her friends, may it be guys or girls. She doesn't want to lie to herself on how on some occasions those kinds of things would suddenly churn a different feeling in her chest, but it was never as strong as what she feels now. It's her first time feeling like this so she doesn't know what it is or how to even describe the kind of painful yet envious feeling, or maybe she just doesn't want to admit to it.

"Anyways, I missed you so much Llama!"

Again with the nickname... Krystal thought to herself.

"Aaaaw... Me too Goldfish! I thought that you might've forgotten all about me though, since you have only a 3 second span of memory!"

"Yah! What the hell?! I just got back and you start teasing me again? Always remember that I'm older than you Liu."

"Using the unnie card huh?"

And again Krystal was completely forgotten at the background. The latter just sighs. Seeing how Amber looks so elated and happy with her old friend's company, Krystal felt that there's no more purpose for her to stay.

"I-uh... Sorry to interrupt again." The latter starts, her voice has now gone from a rough annoyed tone from earlier to a soft sad one. "I-I'll be going ahead now. There's somewhere I need to be." She said the last sentence looking directly at Amber, a look that the latter clearly didn't understand.

On the other hand, a more confused Ailee looked at Amber and Krystal back and forth, silence consuming the three of them, so Ailee decided to speak. "I-it's okay, but it's a bit of a bummer. I really would want for the three of us to hang out, so that we both could know more of each other."

Krystal gave Ailee a small smile. "Maybe next time unnie. You two have fun."

With that, Krystal walks away, one hand clenched to a fist, pounding her chest while talking to herself. "What was that Krys?"

--------------------------------------------

To be continued...

 

A/N : Wew that was long. XD So a certain someone requested me to end Birthday wish with a happy ending (Hi llamavan! :D). And as I have stated back then on Birthday Wish 1st chapter, it was posted on another website as a 3-shot (that became 4 T.T) and with a different title but I decided on posting it here as a one shot. Given llamavan's request, I will be now posting the remaining chapters of Birthday wish. I hope you guys enjoy. ;)

 

Your feedbacks and requests are highly appreciated! And huge thanks to everyone who subscribed to this! Love you guys!!! 

 

Author out!

Peace!