Birthday Wish (Kryber)/Part4

Intertwined

It was Amber that she always runs to. It was her she comes back to, her bestfriend that holds her dearly while she cries her eyes out, acting as a pillow to comfort her and a handkerchief to wipe her tears away.

But there was no more of the llama in her life now. 

It's been a week, and since that day,  she hadn't seen even a single hair strand of the boyish girl.

Wishing that she had the courage to believe her that time, so that the truth wouldn't have slapped her in the face so hard like it did now.

She trembled at the sight. Not with fear, but rather, with anger.

Jaw and fists clenched tight, the same with her heart.

Nothing had made her this angry before, to the point that she can now feel her nails digging on the her palms as she balled her hands into fists.

It made her hate herself, and of course, him.

"So Amber was right all along." Krystal said loud enough for them to hear.

The two figures parted from the heated kissing session that Krystal witnessed when she entered the office.

"Kry-Krystal." Rain uttered her name as if he saw a ghost, while the woman he's with started to panic as she tidies herself up.

Trying to keep calm, Krystal speaks. "You really are some kind of client aren't you, Taehee ssi?"

The woman was just speechless, too ashamed to look at her in the eye.

"Babe, this is all a misunderstanding, we're—"

But before Rain could finish, a thundering slap came to him, echoing throughout his private office.

"That'll be the last time you'll be using that excuse. And also, this'll be the last time you'll be seeing me." 

Krystal turned around and walked out as fast as she can, she didn't care even if she still heard Rain call her name. All she wants for now is to get out of that place and escape the hurting feeling inside her chest.

Riding a bus not really knowing where to go as of the moment while trying her best not to let tears escape from her now swelled up eyes. 

It hurts, and she can't deny it.

She felt played with, like a toy that he had at the palm of his hands, and she hates herself for letting him do so. She was like a fool who clung onto his promises and flowery words, making herself believe that he loves her and vice versa.

Amber was right. He is a jerk.

Her bestfriend was always right, but she ignored everything.

Even her own feelings for her.

She knew it from the start, but she ignored it. Even if she also started to notice Amber reciprocating the feeling, she still held on to Rain's supposed to be 'love' for her.

Like she always thinks of, it's much simpler and less complicated that way. 

Which didn't last for long.

Now, she's literally all alone. No more of Rain that she used to trust, and she fears that there was no more of Amber to go back to as well. 

So, preoccupied with these thoughts, she finds that her feet dragged her to her bestfriend's apartment.

Gathering all her courage to face Amber, she knocks at her front door. "A-Amber? It's me... Krystal."

Stuttering on her name as tears where threatening to fall once more, scared of the fact that Amber might be mad at her.

She can't deny that she had hurt the older girl so much and that's the very last thing she'd want to happen. 

Amber was the one who doesn't get mad at her even if she's annoying most of the time, she endures and accepts everything, just because it's her.

But it maybe different now. 

With no one opening the door for quite some time now, she starts to come to a conclusion that Amber doesn't want to see her anymore.

"A-Amber?" This time, her voice started to crack, tears started escaping her eyes as she bites her lip trying to suppress the surge of emotions she's feeling.

She has no one now. 

Just then, she hears the door knob being turned. Gaining her attention, she looks up to the person who opens up for her.

"Krystal?"

"A-Aliee u-unnie?"

---

"Sit down Krystal." Ailee comfortably motioned to the couch as if the apartment was hers. "I'll just get you some water okay?"

Krystal did as she was told and waited for the older girl who went to the kitchen. She was very embarassed that Ailee saw her in that  state. After all she only had met the older girl once and never had time to properly know her.

Meanwhile, Ailee came back with some water on one hand, smiling softly at Krystal. The latter immediately thanks her but before she drinks any of it, she turns to Ailee. "I'm really sorry that you had to see me like that earlier." She says forcing a light chuckle, trying to calm herself down. "You must've been shocked and confused huh?"

"Well I was caught a bit off guard, yes. But it's fine, don't worry too much." Ailee just looks at her, smile never faltering as she playfully shrugs. "We all have our moments." 

That kind of made Krystal smile a bit, but then she was reminded of what she really came for, hence the smile immediately went from sweet to bitter. "Uhm... I'm actually here for A-Amber. D-did she went out or something?"

Again, the younger one stuttered at her name.

"About that..."

The sudden change of tone, the long pause, and Ailee dropping the eye contact made Krystal nervous and worried all at the same time. Her tears that she had wiped just minutes ago swells back up to her eyes.

"Wha-what is it?"

"Amber left for L.A." Now, the older girl found Krystal's eyes. 

She felt sad for the girl who's obviously trying to hold back her tears.

Ailee sighs. She really doesn't know what actually happened between the two, but whatever it is, she knows that Amber shouldn't have left. 

She shouldn't have escaped.

Krystal was on the verge of breaking. She lowers her head as to not let the person in front of her see that, tries her best to not appear like a mess, before she looks back up and continues. "Did she say anything a-ab-about why she left? Will she be there f-for g-good?"

"I'm sorry Krystal I—..." Ailee releases a deep and heavy sigh. "I don't really know. She just trusted me with her apartment and Jackjack then left."

"N-no! Don't be s-sorry." The younger girl waves her hands in disagreement and tries to smile. As she succeeds in doing so, her eyes betrayed her when tears started falling from them. "If anyone is at fault for her leaving, it'd be me."

She bites on her lip hard in attempt to contain her emotions within it's supposed limit.

Not wanting Ailee to see anymore of her miserable self, Krystal abruptly stands up and bows hiding her face with her hair. "Thank you Ailee unnie. I-I'll be g-going now."

But then, as she was about to leave the apartment...

"Do you love her?"

It made Krystal froze on her tracks. 

"Co'z from what I know, she loves you so much, to the point of foolishness actually. I don't know what happened to you guys, but in my own perspective, I think it's stupid that you overlooked her feelings and I also think she's a coward for escaping from her feelings and reality in general. But you know what, from what I see, you love her... Is that why you need her?"

And again, Ailee repeats her question.

"... Do you love her?"

Having to face the reality about her relationship with Rain just mere hours ago, Krystal still has this mixed up emotions and feelings about everything that's happening right now so she's not sure if she can answer Ailee's question. But she knows one thing though.

"I need her unnie." The younger responded with a very vulnerable voice, still not turning around to look at the older. "I know it may sound selfish but I do. I still can't answer your question with confidence because I'm still unsure. But even if it's like this, I will not make her suffer, take advantage, nor will I hurt her again."

The words of the younger girl rendered Ailee speechless, not in awe, but in satisfaction of Krystal's answer.

"If that's all, then I'll get going now. Thanks unnie."

With that, Krystal walks out of the apartment, tears still running down her face as the thought of her ruined relationship with Amber cuts through her already bruised heart.

---

Locked up in her room, lying on bed, staring directly at the ceiling. 

She's actually used to this set-up since she's the kind of person who just likes rest and lay down, but the situation is different now.

It's a miracle that tears have stopped flowing from her now bloodshot eyes. Maybe it's all dried up inside. Well, she is dried up inside.

The sun is fast approaching and she's been like this since she came home from her apartment that night. Bawling and blaming herself for all that's happened, completely drowning in her own tears of self loathe, not even getting a wink of sleep. For a much more easier term, she's been an emotional wreck.

Her phone is on the far side of the room, lying on the floor. All calls and texts from people who doesn't matter at the moment, ignored.

The clock struck 6 in the morning and her alarm started to go off. 

She bitterly smiled, remembering how Amber first spent a night at her apartment. The older girl didn't bother waking her up, even turning the alarm off to let her sleep some more, and also made her breakfast.

Krystal suddenly felt her eyes get warm and cheeks get wet. She didn't notice that she's crying again. 

"It's all my fault..." She mumbled out in a cracking tone, burying her face in her hands as tears begun to ceaselessly descend from her eyes once more.

"I do love her...

... What the hell have you done Krystal?"

Her restrained cries can now be subtly heard throughout her room, making her even more aware of the lingering loneliness.

"... I deserve this, don't I?"

But just then, a ring from her doorbell suddenly pulled her out from submerging through a blackhole of melancholy.

It made her sat right up and dry her tears roughly with her sleeves. She looks at her bedroom's door, thinking who would want to see her this early.

Clearly she's not in the mood to entertain anyone right now. She just wants to be alone for a while and let herself sink into the temporary comfort her bed and pillows gives her. Thinking that she should just ignore it, the girl curls herself into a ball, hugging her knees and hiding her face in it.

But whoever is outside doesn't wanna give up as Krystal hears three succeeding doorbells and knocks.

This irritated her to bits. She abruptly stands up and stomped her way passing her living room to the front door. The petite girl brusquely slams her door open, but then her irritation turned into shock because of who is standing right there in front of her sporting a very worried face.

"Krystal—"

Without much more thinking, Krystal throws herself to hug the person tight, scared that this might all be a dream and the certain person might just leave her again and vanish without saying anything. 

For like the nth time since yesterday, tears escape from her eyes, weeping into the arms of the person she treasures so much. Nothing can really compare on how this person can comfort her with just her mere presence.

"I- I'm sorry for ev-e-everything A-Amber." Krystal managed to say in between sobs, hugging the older girl even tighter and burying her face onto the other's shoulder.

"Hey, stop. There's nothing to be sorr—"

"No you stop!" A stubborn Krystal interrupts Amber with a light hit on the shoulder. "Stupid. I have a reason to be sorry okay?"

This time, Amber lets Krystal speak.

"I knew you had feelings for me. I already felt it, but I ignored it and you suffered even more because of that.."

Slowly, the older girl breaks away from the hug, only to find the younger a crying mess in her arms. 

"Also... I've hurt you even more by not having faith in your words. Y-you were right a-ab-about him...

... I saw them, with my own eyes."

Yes, she's seen Krystal cry before, but not like this. Like a fragile little kid  that might cry even more if the wrong buttons are pushed. And more to how it breaks her to see her beloved in this state, she's also reminded of her resentment towards Rain. 

"That bastard." Amber strongly mumbled, which was heard by Krystal.

"I didn't listen to you.. I ignored the truth not because of my love for him, but because of not wanting to be left alone. It's my fault."

Wanting Krystal to not feel disappointed at herself, the older tries to hug her once more. "It's fine Princess. It's not your fau—" 

Krystal swats Amber's arms away, refusing the hug.

"No it's not fine!" Now it almost seems like she is throwing a tantrum. "How can you even say that after I-I've hurt your f-feelings? It's my fault! I've brought this upon myself! I brought this upon you! I saw how broken you were that day. You should be mad at me! I'd fully accept and understand if you are, bu-but this? I-I don't get this stupid!"

Even with the constant sniffling and stuttering, the younger girl accomplished to say whatever was her messed up emotions is trying to make her feel right now.

On the other hand, instead of getting upset or mad like how the younger expects or wants her to be, the truth is, Amber wasn't. That time, yes, she felt broken, but now, all she cares about is to comfort an emotional Krystal that was in front of her.

"Hey... We all hurt ourselves sometimes.. It's stupid, yes. But I know I do, and am stupid."

Amber smiles at her, the sweetest and most caring kind that the younger has ever seen on the stupid dork's face. The gesture took a toll on her and made her tear up even more lowering her head at the same time as to not let Amber see the added tears.

"Please don't smile like that. You should be disappointed at me, you should be mad. You shouldn't even want to see me! That's why you went back to L.A. right? So that you can start a new, without me, because I hurt you. But you're here..."

Amber lifts Krystal's head up to face her. She cups the younger's cheeks and wipes the latter's tears with her thumb. "I should. But I'm not, Krystal. I realized I can't. Specially when Ailee called yesterday saying you came to the apartment crying your eyes out in front of my door. I can't stand not being with you, not protecting you, not making you happy... So I came back, to you.."

Krystal looks at her intently this time. "Why? After all that's happened?"

"You already know the answer Princess...

... Because I love you."

Amber didn't hesitate to say those words again, even if she knows that there's still a very thin chance of Krystal reciprocating the feeling. 

But what she hears next proved her wrong.

"And I love you too, Stupid."

The perplexed Amber just stood frozen as a shyly smiling Krystal proceeds to hug her willingly and lovingly this time. Mumbling at the crook of her neck, she hugs the older even tighter.

"Also, I'm glad that I'm back to you."

-----------------

 

A/N: Happy ending! Yay? Hahahahahahaha! Anyways, this was too long. I hope you guys liked it tho! Since a lot of you wanted happy endings for Kryber. :D

I really actually (wut?) dunno why I mostly write sad Kryber fanfics. I just don't know... :|

 

Comments, feedbacks, and requests are highly appreciated guys!!!

 

See you next time!

Author out!

Peace! ;)