You Are My Euphoria (UmB)

Intertwined

The sound of the slate clapping, the loud cheer and applause from the staffs, and a continuous stream of "thank you's" and "good job's" echoed throughout the whole set and rang through SinB's ears as the filming for their music video came to a finish. 

 

For the young main dancer, it's a chaotic mixture of sounds that she is very familiar with. A mess of sounds that would harbor different emotions in her but would always make her smile nonetheless. 

 

And so she does smile. 

 

Taking in everything with a quick deep breath, SinB bows thereafter and  follows up with her own set of "thank you's" and "good job's" to the staff and film crew, when all of a sudden she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder.

 

"Good job today SinB-ah!" An all too giggly Seulgi greets SinB as she turned around. The much older girl had her arms wide open gearing for a hug, which the younger girl gladly accepted. "We should definitely have a collab again and hangout more! I bet it'll be tons of fun!"

 

Hearing the enthusiastic invitation made SinB's heart swell. "Thank you eonnie! You too! You did so great!" The younger muses, noticing the friendliness and warmth that the older exudes. 

 

After saying her thanks to the much older girl and promising her, Soyeon, and Chungha to definitely meet soon, SinB makes her leave. 

 

---

 

"Is your shoulder doing okay?" Their manager that has been with them ever since they were trainees,  asked SinB, who's still clad in her makeup from the music video shoot, as soon as the girl plopped into the van's backseat. With how her shoulder dislocated again a few weeks back when they had their concert overseas, SinB knows he's worried.

 

"It's fine oppa. I'm just a bit tired."

 

Yes her shoulder is doing fine. It may be slightly aching, but it's fine.

 

But being tired?

 

What a lie.

 

With the cheerful atmosphere from the tons of people from the filming set gone, weariness quickly embraced SinB.

 

To say that she is 'a bit tired' is an understatement. Exhausted is much more fitting, and SinB always thinks it . It isn't that she hates what she's doing. She loves dancing, singing, and just performing in general. She had fun shooting the music video and was feeling great to be able to be part of the collaboration and be friends with the people she worked with. But it'll be a lie to say that some processes aren't physically taxing. 

 

But she lies nonetheless. 

 

The girl knows that nothing will change if she voices out her exhaustion now. The collaboration is done, they all did their best, she's eternally grateful for the opportunity, and still, being an idol will continue to be a demanding but fun and fulfilling job.

 

"Don't look at me like that. It's weird." SinB says as she noticed their manager's concerned look through the rear view mirror. She's not really one to get all soft and mushy around him, but she appreciates the concern nonetheless. "I'm fine oppa. l'll just sleep this off." The girl lightly dismisses to stop her manager from worrying.

 

With an understanding nod, the manager leaves her be to rest.

 

In contradiction to her tiredness, SinB couldn't find it in herself to actually sleep throughout the ride home. She has gotten used to the uncomfortable backseat ride so she was at loss that she can't sleep, which wasn't normally an issue for her. It irritated SinB to say the least, yet as much as it did, the girl is already at the point where she's even too tired to get irritated. This made the her sigh. Looking at their van's ceiling, SinB wishes she was with at least one of their members. That way she thinks it wouldn't be this boring to be alone in their van.

 

At the thought of her members, she suddenly wishes to be with one particular girl. Her girlfriend Umji.

 

Even before they got together, for SinB, Umji is more than just her roommate or a same aged friend.

 

In their years of knowing each other, SinB could easily say that Umji is a person that she can't live without. The same aged girl completely gets her. From SinB's rugged affection up to her sometimes childish humor, Umji accepts it but also scolds her when needed.

 

"It would've been nice if Yewon was here." SinB suddenly voices her thoughts out loud. Clearly, she misses her girlfriend. 

 

"Call her then." Her manager suggests amidst driving.

 

"Wow you're a genius oppa." SinB sarcastically replies to him, in which the guy just laughs off, already used to the girl's personality. "You already know I would do that even if you didn't say so."

 

Without delay, SinB reaches for her phone, grinning and mockingly waving it first for her manager to see in the rear view mirror before she proceeds to unlock it. Yet as she did, her smile instantly turned into a pout and a huge sigh came out of her when she saw the time on her phone.

 

3:15 am.. Filming finished really late.

 

SinB didn't want to be a bother.

 

"What's the matter?"

 

"It's way past midnight. She might already be sleeping. Scratch that, all of them must be sleeping by now."

 

"Don't worry, we're almost at the dorm anyways."

 

The main dancer sighs once again even with her manager's attempt of comfort, so she just proceeds to close her eyes in hopes of actually getting even just a wink of sleep.

 

Still, she wasn't able to.

 

And again, it irritates her.

 

Soon enough, SinB felt the van come to a full stop. Sitting up straight, the main dancer stretches a bit before grabbing her stuff. She was quite startled when the van's door suddenly opened and on the other side was her manager looking blankly at her. "We're here."

 

"Aw c'mon! You scared me!"

 

The manager ignores the frown and pout sprawled on SinB's face and proceeds to ask her as the girl was coming out of the van. "You good going up on your own?"

 

"Yeah I'm good oppa." The girl assures him with a smile while holding up her bag in one hand and nonchalantly waving her manager off with the other. "You should go now. I'm going up." 

 

With a goodbye, SinB went on her way but not without aggressively shouting something that echoed through the parking lot and made her manager laugh. 

 

"BE CAREFUL ON YOUR WAY HOME!"

 

---

 

A big yawn escapes SinB's mouth as soon as she got into their dorm. The girl was so dead tired to the point that she's now actually considering to just sit there in front of their door and sleep, make up and all.

 

But the scene that welcomed her was more than enough to make her stay awake. 

 

It instantly made her smile and feel elated.

 

Umji, looking at her with that bright smile as she's sitting on their living room couch with the television on in the background. SinB swears that Umji's smile could just melt her then and there.

 

"Welcome home Eunbi!" Umji greets her happily while making her way towards her. "How was the– oh?"

 

SinB didn't even bother to let Umji finish her question. The slightly taller girl took a step closer and wordlessly rested her head on Umji's shoulder, hands wrapping around the latter's waist. "Tired?" Umji asks, hugging SinB back. The girl in question comfortably sighs inside the other's embrace. "Yes...

 

...But being with you like this dissolves my weariness away." SinB sincerely relays, looking at Umji this time. She always been kind of wary whenever it came to expressing her feelings, but she did improved a lot because of Umji and her members.

 

On the other hand, Umji blushes, yet doesn't dare look away from SinB. "Cheesy." She lightly slaps the taller's shoulders.

 

SinB just continues to smile. 

 

The smaller of the two pulls SinB even closer so that she can rest her hands on her nape. "You did a good job today Bi."

 

"I haven't even told you what went on during filming today. How can you say that?"

 

"I just know so. You always do your best."

 

The statement did more than just comfort the main dancer. The latter always felt that Umji really knows what she should say to make her feel better. And with the looks of things, Umji even stayed awake for her. 

 

"Did you stay up waiting for me?" 

 

"I did. I told you I'd help you take off these sparkling highlights on your hair remember?"

 

Hearing Umji say those things made her heart swell, knowing that the girl actually did wait for her because she remembered what she said during their conversation on the phone earlier during her filming. But it also kind of made SinB guilty, thinking that Umji might've been really sleepy but kept herself awake just for something like that. "You really didn't have to though."

 

"But I want to." Umji counters with a genuine smile. "I wanted to wait for you and sleep together with you."

 

There's that fluttering feeling again, but much more intense this time. It made SinB take a step back and look away from Umji, afraid that her feelings would burst, but Umji didn't let go and held her hand instead. "You should go wash up. The smaller girl suggest whilst caressing SinB's hair with her other free hand. "I'll help you with these things in your hair after." 

 

-----

 

After SinB had washed her makeup off, both girls found themselves inside their shared room. Umji sitting on the edge of her bed and in front of her is SinB with her back turned towards her, sitting on the floor.

 

The taller girl had been going on and telling the same aged girl how her filming went all while both of them struggle and occasionally laugh about SinB's sparkling hair highlights.

 

"It seems like you had a lot of fun filming with them." 

 

"I did!" SinB says, leaning her head backwards to look at Umji who's quite fixated on trying to take off that one last sparkling highlight on her hair. "I'll introduce you to them if we ever all run into each other!" 

 

"That'll be great!" An enthusiastic Umji replies, yet still focused on that one single strand that she can't seem to get off of SinB's hair. But then as soon as she succeeded, Umji sports a winning smile.

 

The latter found the sight too cute and endearing. With her free hand, she reaches up and gently cups Umji's face. The gesture got Umji's attention, but then, she couldn't help but laugh when she saw that is SinB making a funny face at her. "Way to ruin the moment Bi."

 

Seeing her girlfriend laugh wholeheartedly had always made SinB feel really warm and happy inside, and right now is no exception. She'd do anything just to be able to see Umji smile and laugh like that for a long time. She's someone very precious to SinB after all.

 

Umji became someone that SinB relied on. It scared the main dancer at first because it meant showing her vulnerability to the girl, with the thought of being too open to someone and just hurting her in the end. Yet she soon realized that Umji isn't like that. That Umji is not a person who would take advantage of that nor would she also ignore it. 

 

That alone made her feel how she's so lucky to have Umji.

 

"Not sorry." SinB says, not entirely apologetic. "Because I made you laugh." 

 

Umji cheerfully nods. "I guess I should say thank you then!"

 

But then SinB shakes her head in disagreement. Then and there, Umji notices the sudden shift in SinB's mood. It wasn't negative, as she can still SinB genuinely smiling at her, but she's sure how there's something much deeper in the girl's eyes that she can't quite comprehend.

 

Reaching for Umji's hands, SinB stares at her. "I should be thanking you."

 

SinB knows how their fans always saw their relationship as her being the protective one over Umji. How she's very kind to her and how she takes care of her. But if you ask SinB, it's the other way around. May it be simply just Umji humouring her when she's bored, letting her snuggle more into her hug, patting her head when she did a good job, smiling wholeheartedly at her, or just by simply always being there for her, SinB knows she can lean on Umji in this harsh world of the entertainment industry that she has been in since she was a kid. 

 

"What is it Bi?" Umji asks, eyes locked on SinB's.

 

Umji became her refuge. 

 

With a deep breath, SinB looks at their intertwined hands, then back at Umji's confused eyes. "Can I kiss you?" SinB seriously asked, making Umji even more confused, but she smiles nonetheless.

 

"Yes of course Bi. But why–"

 

SinB cut her sentence off with a soft pair of lips on top her own.

 

The gesture made her heart burst. Just like very beautiful, colorful fireworks gracing the night sky.

 

It's not like they haven't even kissed each other before, but right now, the way SinB is kissing her made her feel something more. What once were soft and somewhat shy kisses that they shared, now is becoming eager and much more passionate.

 

The world that seemed to came to a stop just a few seconds ago now seemed to go fast forward for SinB as her emotions started to overwhelm her with how Umji is now reciprocating her kisses with the same, if not more, amount of desire.

 

But she's not complaining. Getting drunk in love with Umji's kisses is something she's more than okay with, and SinB wants to treasure the feeling.

 

Yet it soon rendered both of them breathless, making SinB break the kiss and Umji pout.

 

"I love you Yewon-ah." SinB sincerely relays, displaying her vulnerable bare heart to Umji.

 

"Yes I know..." The latter smiles and proceeds to hold SinB close, protecting her heart. "... and I love you too Hwang Eunbi."

 

SinB could go on and on with thousands of things of what Umji is for her in her head, but she knows it only comes down to a simple set of words. 

 

Umji is her euphoria.

 

-------

 

Hey! It's UmB!!! ;)

 

Got inspired by Jungkook's Euphoria and that Wow Thing behind the scenes clip wherein SinB told Umji to wait up for her so that she could help her take off her sparkling hair highlights extensions thingy! 

 

So... yeah. This isn't the continuation of the TaengSic last chapter. Forgive me because I lost all my drafts on my phone again. :(

(I should really back up my stuff)

 

Hope you still enjoy this though! Thank you all for subscribing, commenting, and upvoting! I really appreciate every single one!! Lavyah guys! 

 

Author out!

Peace!

;)