ooo

He left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


flashback;


The beeping of my alarm was what awoke me, stretching from limbs to limbs like a possessed donkey before finally having the decency to flutter my eyes open. A groan escaped from my lips, a brief yawn as I squinted my eyes to adapt to the brightness of my room.

 

I remained on my bed, awoken but still unmoving, just like any teenagers would in the morning. The great smell of bacon from downstairs was what made me abruptly sit up and reach for my phone by my bedside table, supposedly to check for the time but it was long forgotten when a certain text from a certain person came to view.

 

Yah, kookie! I'm alone in school, wake up and come give me company, it read. It was nothing special but managed to put a huge grin to appear on my lips, my stomach fluttering and my cheeks flushed. I could only chuckle at the image of the ever early bird, park jimin, looking all bored and alone in school.

 

I dialled up his number and it didn't even take him another ring to pick up the call. "Where the are you?!" He whined, making me laugh.

 

"I just woke up, hyung." I could hear his groan and picture how adorable he just is with a scowl gracing his features. He mumbled some incoherent words about how a freshman like me should really take education seriously, earning yet another chuckle from me. "Jimin it's like six-thirty in the morning, classes isn't up til eight, what the are you even doing there this early?"

 

"I have a test in calculus and stupid me, I left my book and notes in my locker, and i kinda realised it just this morning so yeah," he said, sounding a bit embarassmed.

 

"Idiot." I laughed.

 

We talked for a while, making fun of each other and calling each other inappropriate names, before I heard my brother's familiar calling from downstairs. I excused myself almost immediately, afraid that if I wait even a second longer, seokjin would come barging in my door.

 

When I reached the kitchen, a sorrowful frown was already displayed across my brother's face. He had his head held down, keeping me away from seeing it as he slowly shoves me my breakfast. "Morning," he greeted, his voice somewhat breaking and a bit raspy.

 

"Hyung, are you okay?" I frowned, walking around the counter to go near him. He shook his head a bit too defensively, looking the other way as he shoves me away when I reached for his face. "Hyung what has gotten into you?"

 

It was then when I pinned him by the wall that he finally looked me in the eyes, a huge bruise forming on the side of his left cheek, a cut on his lip and on the bridge of his nose. I gasped, unable to form any words as I stood there with eyes wide open. "W-what happened?" I found myself whispering in thin air.

 

"Dad," was the one word he needed to say for me to lose my chill. I was about to turn around and head for the devil's room when a hand stopped me by the arm. Seokjin pulled me back into the kitchen and made me sit on a stool. "I cooked eggs and bacon and pancakes even. Don't put all my efforts into waste." He rolled his eyes playfully.

 

"—but hyung,"

 

"No buts, eat and after that get ready for school." He shoved a spoonfool of pancake when I opened my mouth to speak. "No Jungkook, you're going to school. Violence won't solve anything."

 

"But dad did!" I almost yelled, glaring at him.

 

"Exactly," he said a matter of factly. "You wouldn't want to be like him, would you?" and that was my cue to shut up and just eat breakfast, fighting to urge to go on rampage and kill that bastard whom we call as our father.

 

Namjoon's car was already parked outside when I finished prepari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter