Pokemon Go (MiNayeon)

The Rabbit, The Swan and The Smol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“GOT7 you guys are up next!!” Yelled a staff member. Another group of staff members and managers escorted Twice who had just finished performing. They were each offered bottles of water and towels to cool themselves down.

 

Chaeyoung who had emptied half her bottle of water asked, “When’s our next slot?”

 

Before any of the managers could check the schedule, the ever-responsible leader, Jihyo, answered the second maknae’s question. “Jeongyeon, Tzuyu and 2PM sunbaenim’s stage is 3 slots away. After that it will be Wonder Girls and DAY6.”

 

Mina sighs. She has about half an hour to spend backstage since her next slot was only later and even after that, she still had plenty of time before her Encore stage. Seeing as no one else is there to hang around with, Mina took out her phone.

 

Pokémon Go had recently been launched in South Korea and she has not had the chance to catch Pokémons besides the ones in their dorm and the JYP Entertainment building. Excited, she launched the game and was glad to see quite a number of Pokémons nearby.

 

“Oppa, I’m gonna have a walk around backstage.” Mina told her manager.

 

Her manager lifted his eyebrow, “What do you mean a walk around backstage? It’s not safe.”

“But I just wanna-” Mina pouted and showed her phone to her manager.

“Ahh Pokémon Go. Alright then. Don’t wander off too far, ok?”

“Will do!” With a huge grin on her face, she starts wandering the vast backstage of JYP Nation. Not that she minded in particular. Such a big space allowed for her to hatch her eggs or catch Pokémon. Even if it was the nth Pidgey or Ratata (as luck would have it for her).

However, her phone vibrates and she looks at the screen. "Oh? A squirtle!" She quietly exclaims to herself. She sees it but she's a bit too far from the pokemon she wants. She makes a quick dash in the general direction and taps the screen, the Pokemon Go signature capture screen coming up before her.

Now Myoui Mina was an avid gamer so when Pokemon Go utilised AR tech, she used it without fail. But this time, she brought her phone forward and from the camera of her phone, she noticed a girl facing off from the side, seemingly distracted by her own phone as well.

 

Mina’s face turned a soft shade of pink as she watched the girl through her phone. Im Nayeon. Not only one of the older members of Twice, but also her biggest crush to date. Mina admits that she used to have crush on Chaeyoung as well but never like she did on Nayeon.

 

Her face flushes ever so slightly as she distractedly tosses a pokeball to catch the pokemon on her phone screen. Incidentally, a Squirtle which was the same one that Nayeon had been referred to by their fans. The ball sort of curves and it hits the virtual monster, capturing the bipedal turtle within itself. But all Mina sees is Nayeon.

 

At this moment, Nayeon punches her first into the air as a sign of victory before she turns, noticing Mina. “Mina? If you’re here… Are you playing Pokemon Go?” she asks as she approaches the young girl.

Mina smiles a familiar smile and nods awkwardly. “Ohhh! What did you catch?” Nayeon asks excitedly as she looks at Mina’s phone as the ball clicks to confirm the capture.

Nayeon’s eyes widen as she gasps. “Woaaaah!? You caught a Squirtle?! Ugh! They’re so rare here in Seoul!” She complains in a manner of whining that Mina can’t help but adore. Something about it was just so cute to her.

 

“Well… If you hang around here just a bit more it might show up on your phone too.” She says. Nayeon gives her a skeptical look but just as she does, her phone vibrates and lo behold, a Squirtle appears on her phone.

 

“OH MY GOD! THANK YOU SO MUCH MINARI!” she semi-screams happily as she gives Mina a tight hug.

Mentally, Mina has melted into a puddle of warm and happy. Physically, she hugs Nayeon back firmly and then quietly watches as her favorite bunny princess shrink into a five year old as she attempts to catch the pokemon on screen.

“Why can’t I catch it??” Nayeon grumbled, annoyed that her pokeballs have not managed to hit the Squirtle. Mina took a quick peek at Nayeon’s phone and the poor girl nearly wanted to throw her head against the wall. The older girl was carelessly throwing the precious pokeballs at all sorts of angles.

 

Mina sighs and shakes her head in a manner that says ‘It can’t be helped’ before she swipes Nayeon’s phone from her. “Let me help.” she says firmly and gives her idiot crush a quick crash course.

 

“You need to first judge the distance. And if you want extra points, you can do this!” she explains as she spins the pokeball in p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter