Claw Machine (MiChaeng)

The Rabbit, The Swan and The Smol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unni, it’s not worth it.”

“It is! I have to win this for my girlfriend!” A very focus Myoui Mina who has a deep frown painted on her face, told her girlfriend without even looking at her.

“I swear we can just buy one over there.” Chaeyoung pointed to a shop across the street, where an elderly couple were selling the exact same stuffed toy her girlfriend has been trying to win.

Mina lets out a groan when the claw missed the tiger cub stuffed toy once again. She finally shifted her gaze from the stupid claw machine and looked at her girlfriend who had her arms crossed. “No, no. It’s different. It’s not special if it’s bought from a shop.” 

“You’ve spent $30 on this machine when the ahjussi across the street is selling the exact same thing for only $3!”

“I’ll win it the next round. Promise.” Mina offered a reassuring smile to her girlfriend who in return only rolled her eyes and huffed.

“You said that half an hour ago and we’ve been here for an hour.”

The older girl inserted a coin in the coin slot and the machine played a cheery song to indicate that it’s now working once again. She looked at her girlfriend again, “This time, I’ll win it. FIGHTING!!” She cheered but it sounded nothing more than a mere whisper to others.

Chaeyoung was left speechless. She knew it was a bad idea to bring her girlfriend to this alley because she was well aware of the arcade. However, the café that was home to the best and softest waffles in town was situated right next to the arcade and it was impossible for her girlfriend, an avid gamer, to not notice it. Chaeyoung had no one else to blame besides herself and her cravings. Her darn stupid cravings for waffles. Jeez.  

Mina was still focused on getting the tiger cub stuffed toy. She even had the slight tip of her tongue sticking out of mouth and if Chaeyoung weren’t so frustrated, she would have found the sight adorable. The younger girl then had an idea. She prayed hard it would work or else she might have to get Jihyo to drag Mina back to the dorm.

“I’m gonna walk around.” Chaeyoung said. Mina only nodded and hummed to acknowledge that she heard Chaeyoung. Then she quickly smacked the button for the claw to drop and pick up the toy. She let out a squeal when the claw had managed to grab one of the cubs and lifted it up. However, while moving to the collection slot, it dropped causing the gamer to let out a loud groan.

Chaeyoung huffed when she saw that Mina was still unable to get it. Before she left Mina’s side, the older girl grabbed her arm.

“Hey, where’s my goodbye kiss?” Asked Mina while pointing to her right cheek.

“I’ll be gone for less than 10 minutes.” The younger one reasoned out before continuing, “Besides, we’re in public.”

The gamer pouted. “Doesn’t mean you can’t kiss me and we’re wearing caps.”

“I-“ Chaeyoung’s sentence was cut mid-way when Mina placed a chaste kiss on her cheek.

“See, nothing wrong. Now kiss me.”

Sometimes Chaeyoung thinks she’s dating a 5 year old. However, not wanting to disappoint (and anger) her girlfriend, she quickly kissed the latter on her cheek, earning a wide grin.

“I love you and I’ll win this tiger cub before you get back. Promise.”

“We’ll see about that.” Chaeyoung muttered while offering her girlfriend a smile. She soon walked off, leaving her girlfriend who once again tried her luck on the claw machine.

Seeing as her girlfriend is now immersed in the game, Chaeyoung quickly crossed the street to get on the other side. The elderly couple that were selling the exact same tiger cub soft toy Mina was trying to win greeted her.

“Hello.” She bowed so low the elderly couple were afraid she might break her back.

The lady, whom Chae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter