Meeting Her Parents (MiNaChaeng)

The Rabbit, The Swan and The Smol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you nervous?” Nayeon asked the youngest, Chaeyoung.

“A little. Are you?” The nine girls were now in the dressing room backstage of KCON Japan. Chaeyoung and Nayeon were done fixing their makeup while the other girls were still getting some last minute touch-up done.

“Should I be nervous?” Chaeyoung glared at the older girl, causing the latter to chuckle. “I’m sorry. I’m nervous too. It’s worse than when we made our debut.”

Before Chaeyoung could say how much she agrees with Nayeon, a soft voice interrupted her. “What are my two favourite girls talking about hmm?”

Chaeyoung suddenly finds it hard to breathe when she saw Mina. Mina squeezed in between the two girls and draped her arms on their shoulders, pulling the two closer.

“I missed my favourite girls.” Mina said causing Nayeon to squeal while Chaeyoug the ever-cool one, to just smile.

“Don’t be silly. You weren’t gone for long.” The youngest of the three teased.

Mina gasped and she stared at Chaeyoung. “So you’re saying you don’t miss me?”

Chaeyoung playfully shook her head.

“Ok fine.” Mina let go of the youngest and quickly gave Nayeon a full hug. “I love Nayeon unni more now.”

“I was kidding! Mina unni! Nayeon unni!” Chaeyoung tugged on both their arms but the two older girls only further by not paying attention to her.

The smol rapper pouted, “YAH!! I cannot believe you two are like this.”

“Aigoooo, our favourite maknae is upset.” Nayeon pulled herself away from Mina and opened her arms wide enough for Chaeyoung. “Come here cutie.”

A few steps away from the trio were two girls, Sana and Momo.

“They’re weird.” Momo pointed out the three girls to Sana.

“Hirai Momo, that’s not nice!”

“But they’re weird.”

“They’re our group members and Mina is our closest friend!” Sana tried to defend her fellow Japanese friend.

Momo then turned around and made her way to the room, ready to put on her in-ear monitor. “Ok then I’m cutting ties with the three of them.”

“HIRAI MOMO, YOU DO THAT AND WE’RE BREAKING UP!”  

Hearing that, Momo quickly made her way back to Sana and with those irresistible puppy eyes pleaded, “You won’t do that, will you my precious Minatozaki?”

“We’ll see about that.”

 

*

 

The nine girls had just finished rehearsals for the live stage. With sweat still trickling down their faces they exited the stage and made their way to the backstage. The stylists were fussing about the messed up makeup and their managers were handing each of them a bottle of water to hydrate themselves. In a corner of the room, Mina, Chaeyoung and Nayeon were sitting and cooling themselves.

After taking a sip of water from her bottle, Mina spoke, “My parents are here.”  

“We know.” Her two girlfriends answered at the same time, causing Mina to chuckle. There was a moment of silence; none of them knew what to say after the revelation.

The Japanese girl cleared , suddenly finding it dry. “I think it’s time.”

They all knew what Mina was referring to but Nayeon had to ask, “Time for?”

“Time to meet my parents.” Mina offered the two girls a gummy smile. She could see the two of them start to pale a little. “Relax. I’m sure they will love my two girls.”

Not knowing how to respond in this situation, the remaining two could only offer forced smiles.

 

*

 

The girls and the J-line parents were finally done recording the interview segments for their reality show, Twice’s Elegant Private Life. Mina had met up with her parents before this to talk to them in her native language about her rehearsal. She was finally glad that she was able to hold her parents’ hands and hug them after being separated for so long.

“Mama, papa. Could you wait here for a little while?” Mina asked her parents after seeing that the crew for the reality show had already left the place. She had already told the managers that she would like to talk to her parents for a little while longer and seeing as she had pulled off the puppy eyed look pretty well, they allowed her to stay a little longer.

“Where are you going?” Mina’s mom asked, unwilling to let go of her daughter’s hand.

“I’ll be back in a bit. Please wait.” She quickly ran off to the other prep room to get her two girlfriends.

Mina burst into the room and announced, “Hi babies! My parents are ready to meet you girls! Come on!”

With hesitant steps, the two girls stood up and made their way to Mina. “Are you sure they’re fine with this?” Chaeyoung asked.

Mina could hear the tinge of worry in her voice. “You’ve met them before and they love you girls so there’s nothing to worry about.” She assured them and offered each of them a side hug.

“But back then we weren’t dating.” Nayeon pointed out.

“Well they know I like girls.” Mina offered a comforting smile.

Chaeyoung who had her eyebrows furrowed, said, “That doesn’t change the fact that you’re dating both of us at the same time.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll protect my girls at all cost.”

The walk to where Mina’s parents stood felt like the longest walk for Nayeon and Chaeyoung. Meanwhile for Mina, she could barely contain her excitement.

 

*

 

“Konnichiwa!” The two girls greeted Mina’s parents and they bowed so low that Mina thought their backs might snap. Mina was standing in between Nayeon and Chaeyoung (they forced her to do so) and was holding each of their hands.

“Ah Chaeyoung and Nayeon. Nice to meet you again!” Mina’s mother greeted them in her broken Korean while her father offered them a fatherly smile.

Mina’s father noticed how tightly the two girls were gripping his daughter’s hands and he could not help but to ask, “Mina, why are they gripping your hands so tightly?”

The poor girl looked down and true to her father’s words, the two girls were gripping her hands so tightly that it was starting to numb and she was sure they would leave some marks. “Ah they’re nervous.”

“Ehh? Nervous? How come? We’ve met before.” Mina’s mother suddenly switching to their native language.

“Ahh the thing is. Umm,” Mina looked at her 2 girlfriends. She then raised both their hands to show her parents the couple ring each of them have, “We’re dating.”

Both Chaeyoung and Nayeon stiffened. They had no idea what Mina had said but their best guess was that Mina had finally revealed that the three of them are in a relationship.

“CONGRATUALTIONS!! I knew you would get them both! That’s my girl!” Mina’s father cheered her on and offered her a fist bump. Mina could not help herself and fist bump her dad; that is after tugging her arms away from both girls.

Mina’s mother jokingly hit her husband’s shoulder. “I told you our girl was dating someone.”

“Well now we know she’s dating 2 of them.”

Mina offered them a gummy smile and she quickly pulled her parents in for a hug.

“Unni, any idea what’s going on?” Chaeyoung mumbled thru gritted teeth.

“I’m guessing she finally revealed that we’re dating?” Nayeon replied thru gritted teeth too.

“And her dad approves?”

Nayeon gave Chaeyoung a lig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter