Cat Café Craze (MiNayeon)

The Rabbit, The Swan and The Smol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

!!HAVE YET TO PROOF READ!!

 

“Hey Mina! Wait up!” Jihyo had yelled from the back of the classroom, where her table was located, when she saw her fellow classmate ready to leave the class.

Mina stopped in her tracks when she heard the booming voice. She looked at the time on her watch; she still had three hours before ballet practice starts. “What is it Jihyo?”

“There’s this new cat café just 10 minutes away from school. And I’ve read that spending time with cats can help reduce the risk of a heart attack, reduce blood pressure and also reduce stress level.”

“Umm, Jihyo, we’re healthy 19 year old students. I don’t think we’re at risk of getting a heart attack.”

“MYOUI MINA!!” Mina winced and quickly covered her ears because she knew Jihyo wasn’t going to stop yelling any time soon.

“HAVE YOU NOT HEARD OF MY NEIGHBOUR’S CHILD’S FRIEND’S MOM’S FRIEND’S NEIGHBOUR’S DAUGHTER WHO DIED OF A HEART ATTACK AT THE AGE OF 20?”

“Ok ok I get the point. Jeez.” Mina rubbed her ears.

“So wanna go with me? You seem stressed out lately. I know the ballet competition is coming up. Sana told me.”

“Ahhh I would love to but, “ Mina couldn’t finish her sentence because the sight in front of her was just too adorable. Jihyo was giving her those puppy eyes no one could ever say no to.

No. Mina has to be firm. She needs to win that competition. She needs to train harder. She needs to good lord is Jihyo really pouting now???

“Pweeeeeeeaaaaaasseeeeee” Jihyo blinked those puppy eyes and she still had that adorable pout that was too cute for anyone’s own good.

Mina could feel herself falter at the cute sight. She heaved out an exasperated sigh. “Jeez! Fine! Just 1 hour and no more!”

 

*

 

Jihyo was basically skipping her way to the cat café while Mina had a hard time keeping up with the bubbly girl that was probably filled with rainbows and unicorns.

“YAH PARK JIHYO!! SLOW DOWN!” Mina yelled, well, she thought she was yelling but truthfully to anyone else it sounded pretty much like a very timid yell.

Nonetheless her classmate heard her. Jihyo frowned when she saw that her friend was falling way behind.

“Come on!! I can’t wait to play with the kitties!!”

Mina groaned. She should have just went for practice, at least then she could work on her moves rather than waste time and money on this ridiculous trend of cat cafés.

“I’m coming! Hold up!” Mina yelled and jogged towards Jihyo. She could already see the tacky sign of the new cat café and the congratulatory messages and flowers that decorated the entrance.

“Meowzza Café? What kind of a name is that?” Mina thought to herself.

 

*

 

“Hello! Welcome to Meowzza Café!” Greeted a girl who seemed to be a little too young to be working but no doubt she was a total cutie. Mina couldn’t help the gummy smile from making its way to her face.

‘Name is still weird but hey at least she’s pretty.’ Mina thought to herself while trying to look for a nametag on the girl’s uniform. Sadly there was none.

“Hi!!” Jihyo greeted the cats that were on the other side of the glass door instead of the young worker. The worker could only chuckle, slightly used to being ignored by some customers.

“Can I help you?” The worker directed her question to the ballerina. She then flashed the most adorable bunny smile Mina had ever seen.

“Umm. Uhhhhh” Mina’s mind went blank, suddenly unable to comprehend what was asked.

“Are you here to visit our adorable kitties? We have a few packages. For an hour stay, it will be 14,000 won and it comes with a complimentary drink. Since it hasn’t been long since we’ve opened, we have a special deal. For 2 hours stay, it will be 24,000 won and it comes with a complimentary drink and snack. You can choose from the menu.” The kind worker explained to Mina who was still spaced out.

“So which will it be?” She asked again.

“We’ll take the 1 hour deal please.” Jihyo said, ready to pay the fees.

“No no!” Mina stopped Jihyo from handing over the cash. “Make it 2 hours.”

“Miguri? I thought you said you have to leave early?”

“Ah. Nonsense. You must have heard wrongly. I said that I don’t mind spending the whole day here. Ha.ha.ha.” Mina tried to brush it off.

Jihyo could only give her friend a questioning gaze but oh well, whatever. At least they get to spend more time with the cute kitties.

“Great!” The worker with the bunny smile handed them a menu while she keyed in the amount into the cashier. “Please choose your drinks and snack from this menu.”

Mina who was always shy around strangers, felt the urge to keep talking to the worker.

“What would you recommend?” Mina asked after Jihyo had placed her order of a cup of double chocolate frappe and a slice of red velvet cake.

“Well we’re called Meowzza for a reason you see. We’re different from other cat cafés because we allow visitors to chill with our cats while eating pizza. My personal favourite would be the Meatzza pizza. There’s like 6 types of meat on it. Just beef and chicken tho.”

“Well at least there isn’t cat meat on the pizza.” Mina joked, earning a puzzled look from the worker and a hard smack to her stomach from Jihyo.

“I’m so sorry for my friend.” Jihyo apologized and ordered for Mina a can of Coca-Cola to go with a slice of the Meatzza pizza.

When the girl gave them the receipt, Mina quickly snatched it out of Jihyo’s hands, curious to know the name of the worker with adorable bunny teeth. And she almost squealed when she found out the name of the worker, Nayeon.

Before entering the premise, they were instructed to sanitize their hand and were given a short briefing in regards to the rules and regulations of the café. It was pretty simple.

No carrying of the cats Do not feed the cats with human food Never pull a cat’s tail, whiskers, ears or fur Do not try to wake a sleeping cat unless you would like to unleash hell Talk softly or you might startle our little buddies You could be a paparazzi for today but less the flash please 

“Alright! You guys are ready to meet our little buddies! Have fun! I’ll bring your drinks and snacks over so no worries.”

 

*

 

Despite the fact that the place was pretty empty, the two friends decided to settle in a corner of the café. There weren’t really proper chairs to sit on except for cushions that were placed on the floor. Jihyo had purposely chose this spot because it was next to this small hut that had a sleeping cat in it.

“Miguri! Quick help me take a photo with this cutie!” Jihyo said in a hushed whisper while pointing to the sleeping cat.

Mina could only huff; she was happily staring at Nayeon who was busy preparing their drinks and snacks but of course her friend had to ruin it. Taking the phone from Jihyo’s hands, she quickly snaps a few photos of her friend with the cat.

When she turned around to focus o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter