~ XVIII ~

Internet Friends
Please log in to read the full chapter

A few months after the night at the café, Jo came to a halt when she got to her destination, peering up at the building she was about to enter. It wasn’t far from her apartment, but the implications of what she was about to do made it feel like she traveled for hours. After a few minutes of hesitation, she figured she had to walk through the front door of YG Entertainment eventually: she made it this far and she couldn’t turn back. So, she took a deep breath in and kept walking.

“Neh, anyeonghasaeyo,” she said to the security guard at the front doors, “Yang sajangnim-reul boh-shi-ryeo-myeon yeo-ki-reul-eem-nee-da.” Yes, hi, I’m here to see President Yang.

“Yak-seok ee-seum-nee-kka?” he asked, bored. Do you have an appointment?

“O-ob-seum-nee-da,” she stammered, “Hajiman iKON-ae B.I dae-han-hahm-nee-da.” I-I don’t, but it’s regarding iKON’s B.I.

The guard then gave her a pointed look and rolled his eyes, like he didn’t believe her, when someone approached them.

“Jo?”

“Ah, oppa, anyeong,” she said, breaking into a smile upon seeing Yunhyuk. Ah, bro, hi.

“Waen-neel-ee-ya?” he asked cheerily, “Cham-shi boh-ji moht-haes-seo, keu-deul-eun keu-ree-woh.” What’s up? We haven’t seen you for a while, the kids miss you.

“Oppa,” she started a little nervously, “Eerau-na-koh eet-neun-ji dhang-shin-ae-kae-ees-seo-yo?” Has anyone told you what’s been happening?

iKON’s manager shook his head. “Keun-deh nan-ee mool-kaun-eul deut-goh,” he replied, smiling towards her slightly, “Ja-sheen-eui manager.” But I hear things. I’m their manager.

“Of course,” she said, finding his answer humorous but true as she bowed her head in embarrassment.

“Wae-geu-rae?” he asked, now concerned. What’s wrong?

“A-ah-ni, ah-moo-keot-doh…” she said, “Keu-nyang Yang sajangnim yae-ki-ha-jo sheep-eo-yo…” N-no, nothing…I just want to talk to President Yang…

“Oo-wah,” Yunhyuk reacted, still smiling and seemingly not at all surprised.

“Yah!” she said, pushing his shoulder playfully as she figured he probably knew what she wanted to talk to the CEO about.

He chuckled. “Eo-seo-wah!” he said, spreading his arms and motioning for her to enter the building. Welcome!

Jo laughed, but then glanced over at the security guard to make sure it was okay. He just ignored her, going back to whatever he was doing before she disturbed him.

She smiled and allowed Yunhyuk to lead her in.

“Keu-rae-doh naun ham-kkae mau-mool soo eob-ta,” he said as soon as he passed through the doorway. I can’t stay with you though.

“Mwoh?” she exclaimed, wide-eyed. What?

“Manager meeting iss-seo,” he said a little guiltily, “Naun ahl-ah-nael-kau-ya, shwee-oon layout-een-dae anyeong!” he concluded quickly before waving and running to wha

Please log in to read the full chapter