~ XIII ~

Internet Friends
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yesterday 10:56 PM

          You guys get home okay?

Yeah…Just tired as all hell.

          Haha, well, that’s what you get for clubbing.
          Especially for your first time.

Oh, I forgot to thank you for the water.
Pretty sure we would’ve been completely hung over all day today if you didn’t keep sending it up.

          I know things ;)

LOL, sure you do.

          When it comes to clubbing, I do.
          Anyway, see you tomorrow?

Maybe. YG’s got us doing some things…

          Seriously? What?

Psh, like I could tell you even if I wanted to.

          Uh, yeah, you could.

왜? Why?

          Because you’re my friend and we don’t keep secrets from each other.

…Of course we don’t.

          …You keeping a secret from me???

Maayyybe.

          …Not cool Bobby.

Not my fault!
Someone else is supposed to tell you…

          See above.

You for real right now?

Yesterday 11:42 PM

…Jo?

Today 8:11 PM

Mi-ri-nae Josephine Kang??

          야, how dare you use my full name! Hey
          And I’m mad at you. Bye.

OH COME ON, don’t be like that.

          *sticking tongue out*

You’re acting like a child.

Fiine. I’ll see you later.

          Maayyybe.

You’re really asking for it.

          Teehee

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

A few hours later, Bobby was sitting in a café, fiddling with his phone as he waited.

“Guess who?” someone whispered into his ear as his world suddenly turned dark.

“Hm, I wonder,” he answered sarcastically but smiled.

Jo laughed, dropping her hands down from his eyes onto his shoulders and giving him a quick peck on the cheek before plopping down in the chair opposite him.

“You’re late,” he said.

“I’m mad at you, remember?” she said, fake pouting and crossing her arms.

He sighed. “I wanted to have some time with you to seriously talk about this, but now we don’t have any,” he explained as he took some earphones out of his pocket and plugged them into his phone.

“Talk about what?” she asked, sitting up as her eyebrows furrowed.

“Well, not talking anymore,” he said before offering her the earphones, “You need to listen to this.”

She took the listening devices hesitantly but inserted them into her ears. Bobby gave her a thumbs up to wonder if she was ready for the audio, and she nodded hesitantly.

When he pressed play, “Just Go” filled her head. Her eyes looked at him questioningly but she didn’t say anything. As the minutes passed, he saw various emotions cross her face, but mostly confusion. When the song ended, she sat like a statue in her chair, looking down at her hands in her lap. A little while later, she took the buds out of her ear and quietly put them on the table.

“What was that?” he barely heard her say.

“Have you heard it before?” he asked.

She shook her head, still unable to raise her head to meet his gaze.

Now he was confused. “You don’t look out for iKON’s stuff?”

He saw a peek of a smile. “I think I told you when we first hung out,” she said.

“Oh, right, right,” Bobby remembered.

“He wrote it by the way,” he continued, “All of it. And I’m talking about Hanbin.”

Jo looked up at her friend now, even more confused.

“It’s about you,” he fini

Please log in to read the full chapter