~ X ~

Internet Friends
Please log in to read the full chapter

A few days later, Jo was getting the bar ready at a somewhat busy Club Answer.

“Choong-boon-ee lime-eul jal-la-sseo?” Hyung-joon, the veteran bartender, teased. Cut enough limes?

“Mhm,” Jo nodded, filling up her fourth container of the lime wedges.

On this night, she was wearing a black tube top and black jeans, black Converse on her feet. Her long hair was down and straight but her bangs were in a French braid, bobby-pinned to the side. The only jewelry she was wearing were big silver hoop earrings dangling from her ears. Her makeup was on the lighter side this time, her cat eye eyeliner on point though.

“Ready for a good night?” Seong-oo asked, slapping his palms on the bar.

“Neh sajangnim!” Hyung-joon and Jo answered at the same time, standing at attention and saluting. Yes boss!

Seong-oo smirked good-naturedly and walked away. The two bartenders gave each other a smile as well and went back to work; their humor was in-between the seriousness of the bouncers and the cattiness of the waitresses, but they both enjoyed giving the club’s manager a hard time.

“How is tonight different from any other night?” Jo queried as she wiped her cutting board of lime juice and pulp.

“Apparently some celebs are coming in,” Hyung-joon shrugged, “Not that we don’t have popular people coming in every other night,” he mumbled.

Jo nodded, recalling Paula’s friends. “So what makes them so special?” Jo wondered.

“Seong-oo was told they haven’t been clubbing before,” the male bartender answered, re-filling the bucket of straws and napkins, “So I think he’s trying to make the best impression.”

“We’ll just do as we always do, yeah?” Jo said, putting her fist out, knowing they pulled their own whatever the occasion.

“Yeah,” Hyung-joon agreed, bumping his fist on hers and grinning.

He worked with a lot of

Please log in to read the full chapter