Eight - Like Being Hit By A Bullet

To be Heartless

Hello~! Thanks once again for reading and commenting on this story, i really appreciate each and everyone of y'all. I'm sorry this chapter is short but i'm already working on the next one, so hopefully i'll make it longer. It's such a struggle for me, i hope you all understand. Enjoy reading and don't forget to comment~! Heheheh

Until then, stay fab y'all :) 

 

Chapter 8 - Like Being Hit by a Bullet 

 

Wheein and Hwasa watched over as their leader unnie slept on the bed in the obseration ward. The doctor placed a drip into her hand and told the girls that Solar was overly exhausted both physically and mentally. He told them that she would need a few days off so she could regain enough energy to continue with her job. They didn't expect for things to prolong to a situation like this.

All the unnies ever did was play cat and mouse whenever it came to their feelings. They tried calling Moonbyul on her phone but there was no answer, of course she was probably busy with her shooting with Seulgi. Hwasa hated that they all to go through this and she hated that either of the maknaes could hardly do anything. If anything Hwasa was still highly frustrated at the both of them. 

 

"Any luck...?" asked Hwasa as Wheein rejoined her in the room where Solar was resting. 

 

"Nope....Hyelim unnie said to leave it be....She says Moonbyul shouldn't find out...." said Wheein. 

 

"What...? Is she serious...? Our leader is on that bed! She fainted!" Hwasa raised her voice. 

 

"I know that Hyejin ah...Don't you think i know that...?" said Wheein, trying to calm her down. "If Byulyi unnie knows....what'll happen then...?" 

 

"This is really pissing me off" said Hwasa, folding her arms. 

 

"But i think we shouldn't let her know...it'll only complicate things..." continued Wheein. 

 

"Jung Wheein are you being serious right now?" Hwasa looked to her best friend. 

 

"I seriously am!" argued Wheein. "Byulyi unnie comes here and then what...?!" 

 

"I'm going to see her" said Hwasa, already making up her mind. 

 

"Anh Hyejin....please don't make things worse than it is..." pleaded Wheein. 

 

The feisty maknae left either way with Wheein sighing in despair. She sat by Solar's bed, gently holding the leader's hand in hers. Feeling sorry for ther that this happened and for what is probably going to happen next. There was no stopping Hwasa, the girl is defiant even against the manager's words. 

It wasn't that hard to locate where Moonbyul was. All Hwasa had to do was search her name on the internet and news about her appearances would appear. She tracked the tweets that was streaming about Moonbyul and Seulgi and hailed a cab outside the hospital. While getting to her destination, Wheein called her, trying to convince her to come back to the hospital. Above all else, Hwasa hated being in an argument with Wheein. She didn't like doing anything that the girl would disapprove. Taking a deep breath, Hwasa told her the driver to turn back. 

Wheein paced around in the room, clutching her phone tightly in her hands, hoping that her best friend would listen to her plea. As much as she wanted to resolve the matter at hand, she didn't want to make matters worse for Moonbyul. The girl probably had enough to deal with on her plate. 

 

"You owe me chicken, big time" Hwasa's voice interrupted her thoughts. 

 

She smiled and swung her arms on her best friend's shoulders and hugged her tight. Hwasa felt her anger dissipate and melted against Wheein's embrace. 

 

"Thank you Hyejin ah" she said softly. 

 

"She'll find out either way you know" said Hwasa. 

 

"I know...but just...not now" said Wheein. 

 

 

Moonbyul and Seulgi were on their way to a nearby supermarket to get things for their temporary house and ingredients for their lunch. They discussed on what to cook and went the simplest Moonbyul could think of, the kimchi fried rice she cooked with Solar for their Recipe music video. Everything Moonbyul tried to do, she was reminded of the girl and she hated that she couldn't shake it off. Moonbyul didn't even have time to check on her phone even after she felt it constantly vibrating in her pocket. It was probably the company, she thought. Nothing serious. 

 

"Unnie!" Seulgi called out to her excitedly as they walked into the supermarket, already gathering attention. "We should probably get the trolley first" 

 

"Oh...yeah..." Moonbyul responded, following after the girl. 

 

They pushed the shopping trolley into the drinks isle first and Moonbyul grabbed a couple of mineral bottles and gas ones from the shelves. Seulgi went ahead and grabbed two bottles of Soju and waved it cheekily in front of the rapper. 

 

"Ya...Kang Seulgi..." said Moonbyul, rather surprised that the girl would be the one to pick up the alcohol. 

 

"It'll be a fun segment unnie....Let's call it Honesty Hour" said Seulgi, placing the drinks into the trolley. 

 

They grabbed the snacks next and Moonbyul was caught off guard by how much Seulgi liked to munch on food. Her girl friend has a huge appetite. They went for the kimchi next, taking the best ready made one from the shelves. Seulgi stood at the edge of the lower metal platform of the trolley while Moonbyul pushed it, her arms secured at the sides of the younger girl. Once they got everything they wanted, Moonbyul and Seulgi queued up, waiting to pay for their things. 

 

"Got everything you want girls?" the cashier greeted them with a smile, scanning their items slowly. 

 

"Yes...we did" Moonbyul smiled in return. "Unnie...please scan this one too, i'm buying her as well" 

 

"Unnie!" Seulgi playfully hit her shoulder. 

 

"You two look like you're on We Got Married" the cashier joked as she scanned the last item from their trolley. 

 

"Really...?" said Seulgi, somewhat happy with the comment. "PD nim can you put up the logo up on the screen then...? Moonbyul unnie's face and mine" 

 

Seulgi directed it to the camera man that followed them causing Moonbyul to laugh and shaking her head. They carried their things back to the car like a couple buying their weekly groceries for their house. Seulgi felt like they were preparing for a house warming party and the only thing left was to call for both groups to come over. She fantasized about how it would be if Moonbyul and her ever lived together, how they would curl at the couch together after a long day of work, how they would share the same bed. The thought itself caused her to blush and she slapped herself out from her day dream. 

 

"Moonbyul shi...?" the rapper heard a familiar voice calling out to her after she closed the car boot. 

 

Moonbyul turned around surprised to see Eric Nam, about to go into his van. He walked over to her, with a small smile plastered on his ever charming face as usual. She forced a smile on her face and greeted him back. He was after all her "brother in law" 

 

"Eric shi...what are you doing here...?" asked Moonbyul. 

 

"Oh...i was just out getting some things...i was supposed to do a shooting with Solar shi today but...they told me she's in the hospital" replied Eric. 

 

"What...?" said Moonbyul, dumbfounded. "What did you say...?" 

 

"Solar shi...is in the hospital....isn't she...? My manager got a call from your company" said Eric. 

 

Stricken with sudden fear, Moonbyul frantically dialed for Wheein's phone number as it was the first miss called notification she saw. Seulgi appeared next to her after hearing what Eric Nam said. 

 

"Wheein ah... where are you right now?" Moonbyul asked in a deadly tone. 

 

"Byulyi unnie...." Wheein tried to find words to respond to the older girl. 

 

"Where the hell are you right now!?" Moonbyul shouted at her. 

 

After hearing what the maknae had to say, Moonbyul got into the car and Seulgi quickly followed suit. She left without saying anything to the confused guy who watched as they drove off. 

 

"Seulgi ah...mian but can you call the PD for me? Tell him, we need to cut ther shooting short today...Yongsun's unnie in the hospital" said Moonbyul as pressed further into the pedal. 

 

"Okay...unnie...just slow down okay...?" said Seulgi, taking out her phone. 

 

Once they arrived at the hospital, Moonbyul dashed out from the car, leaving Seulgi behind and ran towards the observational ward where Solar was admitted. The younger girl had never seen Moonbyul like this before. She knew Solar and Moonbyul were close but to see the older girl reacting this way to the situation, she knew there was something more to them than meets the eye. 

Moonbyul stopped in front of the door, trying to catch her breath as she slowly slid the door open. Stepping inside, she saw Solar lying on the bed, unconscious with a drip inserted into her hand. The two maknaes were on the other side of the bed, looking at her as she walked further in. 

 

"What did the doctor say...?" asked Moonbyul. 

 

"She passed out from exhaustion. They said that her body was under a lot of stress so it got too overwhelming for her" answered Hwasa. 

 

"Why didn't you guys tell me...?" Moonbyul looked to the two. 

 

"We wanted to unnie... but we figured we'd tell you later...." said Wheein. 

 

"I had to find out from Eric Nam that Yongsun was admitted into the hospital..." said Moonbyul. 

 

"Honestly Byulyi unnie...we wanted to tell to you, that's why we called you a bunch of times and you didn't answer so...we thought we leave it alone first" said Hwasa. 

 

Moonbyul walked over to the bed and held Solar's hand gently. Tears escaped her eyes as she watched how peaceful the older girl slept. Everything was her fault, she told herself. 

 

"I'm so sorry Yongsun ah..." she whispered painfully. 

 

"We should probably let them be..." said Wheein, ushering Hwasa out of the room. 

 

Moonbyul tucked away a strand of hair from Solar's face and caressed her cheek. How pale the older girl looked and fragile too. The rapper sighed as she sat on the bed next to Solar, still holding onto her hand. 

 

"Yeba....how could you let yourself be like this....How do you think it will make me feel..." said Moonbyul. "You really are going to be the death of me" 

 

Moonbyul leaned down slowly to the girl and placed a kiss on her lips as if waking up a sleeping princess from a curse. What the rapper failed to realise what the other girl who stood at the entrance of the door, her heart now felt as if something pierced through it. 

 

"Unnie..." Seulgi called out her name weakly. 

 

"Seulgi ah...." said Moonbyul, looking up to the girl. 

 

The girl's eyes began to fill with tears as she laughed in disbelief. Moonbyul got up from the bed and headed over to her but the younger girl held her hand up, warning her not to come over. Seulgi shook her head before turning around to leave the room. Moonbyul went to chase after her but she felt a grip on her hand. Looking down, Solar had her hand wrapped tightly around her wrist. 

 

"Don't go..." she said weakly. 

 

"Yongsun ah..." said Moonbyul, looking down at the older girl. 

 

"Don't leave me Byul ah..." the older girl continued, tugging on her sleeve. 

 

She looked from the older girl to the door where Seulgi had just left. She didn't want the other girl to find out this way. Moonbyul sighed in defeat as she stood there, like she was rooted to the ground. Now she really wanted the earth to swallow her whole. 

 

"I...i have...to go after her...." said Moonbyul. 

 

"I know....but i need you to stay with me... just for a while..." said Solar. 

 

"I'm sorry...." said Moonbyul, holding Solar's hand tightly. "I'm sorry" 

 

"Why are you apologizing...?" Solar looked to her. 

 

"I'm sorry this had to happen Yongsun ah... i tried....I tried not to hurt anyone but all i've done is hurt people...." cried Moonbyul, crashing down next to the older girl. 

 

"It's my fault..." said Solar. "I did this...." 

 

Solar sat up slowly and had her arms wrapped around the girl's body. None of them deserved the pain especially Seulgi.