Six - Hold my hand

To be Heartless

First off,  i am so beyond thankful for your comments, i enjoyed reading them and applying them to what i needed to write. For some parts of the story, i didn't like where i was going with it but i'm glad the reception of it as a whole is liked by most of you. Thank you so much for reading and catching up with it. Oh and this update is short because *spoiler* storm's coming in the next chapter or the next. I'll be taking a longer time to update so until then y'all stay fab

- Effz 

 

The reaction from Moonbyul and Seulgi's V App video broke the internet the next few days. Fangirls from both fandoms rejoiced at how adorable the two were and their brief moment on Solar and Eric's We Got Married. From then on, Moonbyul and Seulgi's relationship became more established, at least to the people around them. It wasn't much of a secret that they were seeing each other. Seulgi was caught wearing Moonbyul's black Moon sweater multiple times like it was her favourite thing in the world. Moonbyul feared if she took a step further, things would just end in bad taste between the two of them. 

What seemed like a normal day at work suddenly became slightly frantic when Moonbyul was called in to see the CEO who had some news to tell her. The two maknaes stood idly by the door after working on new song lyrics for an impromptu studio jam. They pressed their ears and listened intently to the conversation that took part behind the closed doors. 


"Byulyi ah...I just received a call from one of the producers at MBC" the CEO started out. 


"What is it about?" she asked, sitting down in front of him. 


"Well...they're interested in filming a four part special episode regarding idols and the friendships they forged on stage....in which case...you and Seulgi because it's really popular with the fans right now" said CEO Kim. 


"They want to what....?" said Moonbyul in slight disbelief. 


"It's like your own variety show....well both you and Seulgi, like how you two are close besides being in different groups and such" said the CEO. 


"But...the other members...they're close with Red Velvet too" said Moonbyul. 


"I know they are kid. But right now, the spotlight's on the two of you" said CEO Kim. 


"But...I don't know...what do you think?" she said, looking back at him. 


"Well...i think it's a good idea" he replied. 


"You think about it first okay...? I still haven't got the details from them yet" he went on with an encouraging smile. 


The rapper of Mamamoo walked out of the office feeling slightly confused with everything. Was she supposed to be happy about it? Having a show of her own with Seulgi, what could be more perfect than that. Her attention then was turned to the two maknaes who looked to her for some sort of explanation just as she closed the door behind her. Moonbyul gave them a small smile and placed her arms around each of them. 


"Well...Unnie...what do you think about it?" asked Hwasa when the older girl broke the news to them. 


"I... don't know... i mean it seems too sudden for them suddenly wanting to make a show like that" said Moonbyul.


"Well....you are quite popular on the internet right now...." pointed out Wheein. 


"So are other people Wheein ah. Daepyeo-nim still hasn't said anything yet so...i'll just keep an ear out for it" said Moonbyul. 


"Unnie..." said Wheein, now sitting closer to Moonbyul. 


"Wae....?" the rapper looked to the younger girl. 


"Are....are...you and Seulgi serious...?" the younger girl couldn't help but ask. 


"Why do you ask?" said Moonbyul. 


"Are you...? Do you really like her?" asked Wheein once more. 


Now that it came down to it, Moonbyul doesn't really now how to answer the question. Sure she liked Seulgi, the girl was a joy to be with but does she really like her? That part she still doesn't know. Moonbyul has to now that they were officially seeing each other. 


"You don't...do you" said Hwasa. 


Moonbyul looked up to the other maknae, realising that she was right. All she was ever going to do was to hurt the poor girl's heart and that was something she couldn't live with. 


"I'm sorry you have to see your unnie turn out this way, the two of you. But what goes in my life, i'll take care of it okay?" said Moonbyul.


"You think we can live with that?" interrupted Hwasa. 


"Hyejin ah" Wheein called out her name and shook her head. 


"No, i'm sick of this" said Hwasa in a louder tone. "You, Yongsun unnie, i'm sick of the two of you chasing each other's tails! You like each other don't you, what are you so afraid of!?" 


"Ya Anh Hyejin!" Wheein nearly shouted at her friend when Moonbyul held her hand up. 


"It's not that simple Hyejin ah...I wish i could be upfront about this... But i can't. Not when Yongsun unnie is like that. I don't think i can be upfront about it when she's not. That's not something i can do" said Moonbyul calmly. 


"You don't think she's trying? Think about it Byulyi unnie. She's been trying and you've been doing is blowing her off! How could you go out with Seulgi" argued Hwasa. 


"You expect me to wait around while she goes off on to dates with that guy!" Moonbyul shouted back. 


"It's a virtual marriage for gods sake! Nothing ever comes off that show!" Hwasa literally spat at her face. 


"Nothing...? Then explain how Yongsun feels for him then" Moonbyul said in a defeated tone. 


"I didn't spend time cringing and making face at you two being greasy and loving just so you could tear each other like this. You two were meant to be together, i just....know it" said Hwasa. "Get your act together unnie, before it's too late" 


After Hwasa left, leaving the two of them behind, Wheein held Moonbyul's hand in hers and offered a small smile. Out of all of them, Wheein was the only person who controlled her emotions well. 


"She'll cool down. Hyejin's always talking about how frustrating the two of you are" said Wheein. 


"I didn't know she felt that way" said Moonbyul. 


"That and more...." mumbled Wheein. "But she's right unnie...I don't know how long you two can keep the charade up, it's tiring even for me to sit by and watch it go on like some soap opera" 


Wheein chased after her best friend as Moonbyul dragged her soulless body into one of the dancing studio rooms. She stood in the center, controlling her breathing, pressing her hands against the back of her neck. Moonbyul walked around in circles before finally laying down on the cold floor, staring up at the ceiling. For the longest of time, Moonbyul laid there, lost in her own thoughts and eventually fell asleep without no one noticing that she was there. 

Even with a busy schedule, Solar made it a point to come back to RBW Entertainment now and then just to rewind. She'd go to one of the vocal rooms, lock the door and sang her out till she felt somewhat fine. Walking pass the studios to get to the vocal rooms, she noticed one of the rooms had light in it. Curious, Solar walked pass it and peered inside only to find a sleeping Moonbyul laying on the floor. Solar entered the room as quietly as she could be without wanting to wake the sleeping girl up. 

She sat down next to her and smiled to herself. Moonbyul's sleeping face was one of the things she secretly liked to watch. Her finger instinctively outline the face of the girl, tracing from her eyes, nose then finally to her lips. Solar stared intently at it, the curve of Moonbyul's upper lip. The leader sat closer and leaned in slowly, till her face was inches away from Moonbyul. Holding her breath in, Solar placed her lips on top of Moonbyul's and held it there for a few seconds. 

Moonbyul's eyes fluttered open as she stared back at the ceiling. She hadn't realised she had been sleeping. She touched her lips, feeling someone kissed her. The lingering smell of a faint perfume dancing along her nostrils as she breathed it all in. Someone was here, but she was all alone. Shrugging it off, Moonbyul got up and checked her phone. There were a few texts from Seulgi to which she swiped her phone open to read them. 


S: I just finished my recording, i have some free time later at night, can i come over? 


Moonbyul sighed and placed her phone back into her pocket. She rubbed her aching neck and walked out of the room. She heard the sounds of piano being played away in one of the vocal rooms. Realising the familiar melody, Moonbyul walked towards the room and listened in from the door. Solar was playing the melody of BOA's Moon and Sunrise, the song where they got their nickname from. It pierced through Moonbyul's heart hearing Solar pouring every bit of emotion into the song. Not wanting to stay any longer, Moonbyul left, carrying away the pain with her yet again. 

Moonbyul walked along side Han River in a daze as she remembered the day Solar first sang that song to her. It didn't seem like it meant anything at first but now she just winces at the remembrance of it. She hated the way her chest felt, heavy and stuffy like there was something lodge inside it. She clutched onto her shirt and cursed under her breath. 


"Be normal for f* sake" she muttered to herself. 

 

"Solar shi?" he waved his hand in front of her. 


"Hmm?" she responded, shrugging her thoughts away, quickly placing a smile on her face. 


"Are you okay...? You've been kind of quiet" said Eric, looking a bit worried. 


"Oh...yeah...I'm fine" she lied through her perfect white teeth. 


"Well...we're about to start recording soon...so...you sure you're okay?" asked Eric. 


"Yeah... i'm perfectly fine" smiled Solar. 


Another round of shooting, another round of forced laughs and smiles. Solar was tired and she wanted to get through the day without feeling like total crap. They were taking a fifteen minute break before resuming the shoot as the camera man forgot to replace in new memory for the video camera. 


"Tell Moonbyul i said congrats" said Eric to which Solar gave him a puzzling look. 


"Didn't you know...? I heard from one the producers that Moonbyul might be getting her own variety show with Red Velvet's Seulgi" he continued. 


"W-what?" said Solar, dumbfounded. 


"Well...that's what i heard...." Eric tried to cover it up. 


Solar was clueless, she didn't know or heard anything about Moonbyul starring in a show with Seulgi. The fact that it was only with Seulgi made her uncomfortable. After the shooting for We Got Married ended, Solar told her manager to drop her off at Moonbyul's place. She prayed and hoped that the rapper would be at home and alone. She pressed the door bell and the younger girl opened. 


"Unnie...?" said Moonbyul, unaware of who it was. 


"You expecting someone else?" said Solar. 


"N-no..." stuttered Moonbyul. 


"Well then can i come in?" asked Solar. 


"S-sure...." said Moonbyul, letting the older girl in. 


Solar walked into the living room and waited for Moonbyul. She sat down as the taller girl went to her a drink. Moonbyul sat down next to her, wondering what else the leader wanted with her. 


"I heard that you're going to be on a show with Seulgi..." said Solar. 


"Oh...that?" said Moonbyul like it was nothing. "It's just talks...nothing's confirmed yet" 


"Really....?" said Solar somewhat relieved to hear it. 


"Is that why you've come here?" asked Moonbyul. 


"Yeah....because i heard it from Eric" said Solar. 


"Your husband is well informed" said Moonbyul, slightly turned off at the sound of his name. 


"Byulyi please...." said Solar. 


"The CEO told me to consider and Seulgi's already pestering me about it" continued the rapper. 


"Are you... considering it?" asked Solar in a hopeful voice. 


"Yeah... truthfully i am..." answered Moonbyul. 


"Don't do it" the older girl said immediately. 


"What...?" Moonbyul looked to her. 


"Don't do the show Byulyi ah" continued Solar. "I know it's selfish of me to ask you not to do this, but please don't. I feel like i'll lose myself if you do" 


"Unnie..." the rapper tried to speak when Solar placed her finger on Moonbyul's lips to silence her. 


"I....Just listen to me okay....For the longest of time, i've fought hard to be with what's comfortable for me, what's best for me. And spending all those time with you being trainees, i realised you were what comfortable meant and it scared the hell out of me...because well....it was too dangerous falling for another member. When they told me about We Got Married...i thought i could push away those feelings because Eric is such a nice guy and i like him for that. But then i realised it wasn't the same. He didn't look at me the way you do, understand me the way you do....he just wasn't you, and i tried so hard not to picture him as you and when i found out about you and Seulgi, it crushed me Byulyi ah. When she told me that denying one's feelings for another person is just self torture... i realised i couldn't live with it either. So now i'm taking a step forward hoping that you'll reach out your hand for me to hold" 


There was no response from the other girl and Solar was getting embarrassed by the minute. 


"I....i can't do this to her" said Moonbyul, referring to Seulgi. "It's unfair..."


"I...i know what you mean...." mumbled Solar. 


"Yongsun...I..." Moonbyul tried to speak but couldn't find the right words. 


"At least now you know how i truly feel about you...." said Solar, sadly. 


Solar got up to leave and Moonbyul followed her from the back. It tore Moonbyul inside that she has to send Solar away like this. Just as the older girl opened the door, Moonbyul slammed her hand against it, shutting it close. She backed Solar against the wall as the girl turned, their faces inches away. 


"Did you mean everything you said...?" whispered Moonbyul as she leaned her forehead against Solar's. 


"Every word" the older girl whispered back, her eyes fixed on Moonbyul's. 


"Will you stay with me...?" asked Moonbyul. 


"Yeah" replied Solar, her hand reaching out for Moonbyul's face. 


"You won't abandon me?" the taller girl continued. 


"If i do, you can kill me" said Solar, now caressing the girl's cheek. 


"I probably would" muttered Moonbyul, then leaning in closer. 


Solar was the first to capture the younger girl's lips. Moonbyul had her pinned against the door as they continued kissing. The rapper turned her head to the side as she deepened the kiss with Solar letting out a gasp as her arms wrapped around her waist. And that was one of the happiest moment in Moonbyul's life besides Mamamoo getting their first win. Little did she know that her phone was ringing on the kitchen table where Seulgi was calling for her. 


They laid in bed, side by side, Moonbyul played with the older girl's hair and Solar played with her hands, her fingers tracing her palm. Solar smiled as Moonbyul tucked away the strand of hair from her face. 


"Hey...can i ask you something cheesy?" said Solar, interlacing her fingers with Moonbyul's. 


"Hmmm?" Moonbyul hummed in reply. 


"Why did you fall for me?" asked Solar then covering her face with their intertwined hands. 


"Because you're pretty" answered Moonbyul simply. 


"Ya!" Solar let go of her hand and hit her in the shoulder. 


Moonbyul laughed and grabbed her hand. 


"Because when you sing, you shine the brightest like the sun, when you smile it takes my breath away like you wouldn't imagine. When you speak, your voice fills my ear and its the only thing i can hear. When you look at me, i feel like my heart would jump out my chest and when you call out my name in such a way, i only want to hear it coming from you. Every bit of you is perfect, it's flawed and i found myself loving you for being simply you" 


Solar's cheeks grew hot as Moonbyul gave her a rather cheeky smile. 


"Ya...." she said cutely, burying her face into Moonbyul's chest. The younger girl laughed. 


Moonbyul's thoughts wandered as she sat up, sighing on what to do next. Not only was she happy but she was still sad at the same time when she thought about Seulgi. 


"Unnie..." said Moonbyul, reaching for the older girl's hand. 


"What is it?" asked Solar, looking up at the girl from the bed. 


"About....Seulgi...I..." she trailed off. 


Solar got up and sat beside Moonbyul, leaning her head on her shoulder. 


"You have to give me time....I need time with her" said Moonbyul. 


"I know..." sighed Solar. 


They sat together for the next couple of minutes with Moonbyul knowing she was going to mess up even further with Seulgi.