One - Tried, Tired, I'm so done

To be Heartless

Moonbyul has never had trouble staying happy even when she was going through difficult times. She feigned smiles, laughed and kept her calm. No one would ever suspect for her to even feel a shred of sadness. Moonbyul had other talents besides rapping and casually singing and dancing, she was extremely talented in pretending. She lets out her stress by dancing for hours even, building up sweat till her muscles screamed for her to stop. And when she did, it was always accompanied by alcohol, a cigarette stick or two. She thought she would kick the habit after meeting her but it just made everything worse than before. 

No one knew that she knew. In front of them, she smiled and laughed as usual but inside she was slowly dying. Crushed and left at the curb of the street. It was bad enough she had to pretend to be happy when she found out that Solar got selected to be on We Got Married. The two maknaes were worried for her and constantly checked whether she was alright. Never would she expect to actually use her line and desperately begging for her heart to "be normal" 

There were times where she didn't even felt like being around them but for the sake of the group, Moonbyul pulled through, always with a smile and nothing more or less. 

"She likes him..."

"Are you sure...?"

"Remember that time when you and Byulyi unnie went out to get more chicken? I had a talk with Yongsun unnie..."

"And...?"

"She told me... I mean i didn't expect her to... but... she said it just happened"

"What now...?"

"We don't say a word to Byulyi unnie"

 

Moonbyul ran like she never did. Tears welled up in her eyes, her vision blurred. She didn't care where she was going as long as it took her far away from what she heard. She cried for hours till she eventually stopped and there was nothing more to cry about. She felt silly for even having the guts to like someone else, much less a girl and then she laughed. Her phone was bombarded with texts and miss calls from her manager and her members. She switched it off. She went home late that day, drunk and heart broken. When she reached her apartment, Moonbyul didn't make it to her bed. She laid on the couch in her living room, alone in the dim light and closed her eyes, hoping that whatever she heard was just a dream. 

The following day when she went to work as per normal, she noticed Wheein approaching her with a concerned look on her face. Acting naturally, she greeted the pup with a smile and a hug. The shorter girl asked where she had been and she lied about returning home because her mother needed her. After clearing things up with her manager, Moonbyul went into one of the dancing studios to start her usual routine of warming up. Alone in her sanctuary, she the music, the beat slow and seductive. Her body reacted naturally as she moved along not noticing that she gathered some attention at the doorway. 

 

"You know... you never cease to take my breath away"

 

Moonbyul turned at the sound of the familiar voice, her heart already shattering. Still she put on a smile, just for her. 

 

"Were you watching me...?

"Of course i was. Who wouldn't when you're dancing. It's art"

"Oho...you're acting weird today"

"What makes you say that...?"

"It's art" Moonbyul imitated her. "Such grease" 

 

Yongsun laughed and Moonbyul cringed inside. 

 

"Wheein said you had trouble at home... Is everything alright?" 

"Yeah... just some issues..."

"You do know i know when you're lying to me Byul"

 

Funny, thought Moonbyul. If she knew anything about her, she would know the feelings she tried to hard to suppress. Any idiot would know that Moonbyul has feelings for Yongsun. But yet agan, the rapper only gave her small smile. 

 

"Please tell me if there's anything wrong...You know i'll always be here for you..."

"Yeah..."

 

Yongsun left after answering a call from her phone. Moonbyul hung her head down defeatedly, a single tear dropped to the floor as she tried hard to suppress her emotions.