Seven - Broken Hearts

To be Heartless

Heyyy y'all, first and foremost, thank you for reading and commenting, as I've mentioned before, it means a lot to me.

Sorry the updating took a while, there were a lot of distractions and a few idea jumps here and there. I wrote this story based off from their performance on Immortal Songs - Love Story of A Girl, i guess you can say it's the theme song..?? Hahaha, anyways, i've been working on another story as well which i will post soon after i'm done with this one, so please do look forward to it. Without further a due, here's chapter 7. And until then, stay fab y'all. 

 

Chapter 7 - Broken hearts
 
The time they spent with each other was always simple, Seulgi would come over to Moonbyul's place when she had the time to spare and if Moonbyul wasn't too tired to welcome her. She was happy even though they weren't out in the city doing other things normal couples would do. Spending time with Moonbyul like this was enough. They were watching tv, Moonbyul sat leaning comfortably against her couch while Seulgi sat on the floor, leaning against Moonbyul.
 
 
"Unnie" said Seulgi, looking up at her.
 
 
"Hmm...?" the girl hummed in reply.
 
 
"Why is your face so pale...? Are you okay...?" asked Seulgi, reaching out for the rapper's face.
 
 
Moonbyul flustered at the touch of Seulgi's hands as the girl pulled her face closer to hers. The girl leaned up a bit and planted a kiss on her lips. Seulgi titled her head to the side leaving their kiss more exposed. Moonbyul returned the same gesture as much as she hated herself for doing so.
 
 
"Now it's red..." the girl commented happily.
 
Moonbyul tsk-ed at the girl, giving her a small smile. Her hand instinctively reached out for the girl's face and gently caressed it. She doesn't deserve this, thought Moonbyul. She doesn't deserve any cruelty, Seulgi was too good of a person, too kind of a person to receive such treatment.
 
Seulgi sat up and reached for her bag, rummaging through it before pulling out a brown paper bag. She handed it to Moonbyul who looked to her for some sort of explanation before peering inside.
 
"Go on...take it out" said Seulgi.
 
Moonbyul did as she was told and took out the black sweater out from the bag and laid it neatly on her lap. The sweater was the same material as the one Moonbyul gave to Seulgi but the only difference is that on the top left corner of it was an S emboldened in white. Moonbyul looked to Seulgi who did nothing else but smile. Now she felt like killing herself, she wished the earth would just swallow her whole.
 
 
"S...?" Moonbyul raised her eyebrow questioningly.
 
 
"S for Seulgi...hehe" the girl cheekily laughed.
 
 
"Seulgi ah..." she called the girl's name gently.
 
 
No, i can't do this to her, not now, not like this, Moonbyul thoughts raced. She shook her head and thanked the girl for the gift.
 
 
"Well....unnie gave me something personal of hers...i thought i should do the same...." said Seulgi.
 
 
"You didn't really have to...." said Moonbyul.
 
 
"I had to... i mean...we are going out with each other now" said Seulgi.
 
 
That's right, they were official, at least to each other and the people surrounding them. Moonbyul walked Seulgi to the door and watched the girl put on her shoes.
 
 
"Tell Irene...i said sorry for taking you away too much" said Moonbyul.
 
 
"It's okay...Irene unnie understands" said Seugi. "Because you're my girlfriend"
 
 
"You seem to like using that term" said Moonbyul, folding her arms and leaning against the wall.
 
 
"I really do" Seulgi smiled at her.
 
 
Moonbyul kept her eyes on the girl till she finally disappeared from her eyes. Once she shut the door behind her, she leaned against it, slowly crumbling down to her knees. Moonbyul never hated herself more.
 
 
Moonbyul came into work like a zombie the next day as she dragged her feet. Wheein saw her from the back and called out her unnie's name but the older girl didn't respond to her. She chased her unnie from the back and leaped onto Moonbyul, to which the older girl yelped in response.
 
"Ya...Jung Wheein...i can't breathe!" said Moonbyul, trying to regain balance.
 
 
"Oh good, you're alive" said Wheein sarcastically, before getting off her.
 
 
"Ya...were you trying to kill me?" said Moonbyul, lightly massaging her shoulder.
 
 
"I was checking whether you were alive under all that grey aura" said Wheein, her hands roaming all over Moonbyul's body.
 
 
"Where's Hyejin...?" asked Moonbyul, looking around for any sign of the other maknae.
 
 
"She'll be here soon...with chicken" said Wheein, smiling happily.
 
 
"You guys should really watch your diet, you're having way too many chicken" said Moonbyul.
 
 
"Unnie...there's no such thing as way too many chicken. You either have chicken or you don't, there's no in between" said Wheein as a matter of fact-ly.
 
 
"You kids..." laughed Moonbyul, ruffling the maknae's hair.
 
 
They walked into RBW Entertainment together, still engaged in a conversation. Once Moonbyul reached the office, the CEO called for her. Walking to his office with a heavy heart, she knew what he was probably going to talk about.
 
 
"So...have you thought about it...?" asked CEO Kim.
 
 
"I...have actually" answered Moonbyul. "I'll do it"
 
 
"You sure...? You know i don't like pressuring my kids into doing something they don't like" said CEO Kim.
 
 
"I'll do it....besides...Seulgi is already asking me about it" said Moonbyul.
 
 
"Of course she would....The other party already agreed to it" said CEO Kim.
 
 
"They have...?" she looked to him.
 
 
"Yeah...they did when MBC called SM first then us....I was surprised too" he replied her.
 
 
"I'll call the producer and let you know what's up soon okay...?" he continued.
 
 
She nodded and headed out his office, her heart somehow felt heavy. When Wheein saw her, the girl approached her slowly. Moonbyul gave her a faint smile and squeezed her hand gently. There she was, thought Wheein, Moon Byulyi, the girl who hardly shared what she was feeling or going through. Moonbyul walked pass her and all Wheein could do was watch her unnie walk aimlessly.
 
 
"Wheein ah" she heard Solar calling out for her.
 
 
"Oh...Yongsun unnie..." she responded.
 
 
"I just saw Byulyi unnie....where did went off to?" asked Solar.
 
 
"Oh...she just finished talking to daepyo-nim..." said Wheein.
 
 
"She...she did...what about...?" said Solar.
 
 
"I...Well..probably about that show with Seulgi..." muttered Wheein.
 
 
Solar went after Moonbyul with her heart beating fast against her chest. She found the girl in one of the vacant vocal rooms, casually playing the piano, pressing either keys. Solar went in quietly and closed the door behind her. The rapper turned and looked up at her, giving her a small smile. She patted the seat next to her, gesturing for Solar to take a seat. The leader did and Byulyi held the girl's hand in hers. She caressed it gently, Solar already not liking the atmosphere.
 
 
"She was over at my place yesterday...i wanted to tell her... but...i couldn't" Moonbyul started out.
 
 
"She likes me unnie....she really does...she gave me a sweater so we could match and it broke my heart. I told her i felt sorry to Irene and the rest of her members, that i was taking too much of her time but...she said it didn't matter because i was her girlfriend...and it didn't occur to me that i was indeed her girlfriend. So....for her sake..."
 
 
"Don't say it...please don't say it..." tears already welling up in Solar's eyes.
 
 
"I can't break things off with her like this....it's not fair to her. She'll hate me for it and that's not something i can live with. Seulgi is my good friend" continued Moonbyul as much as it pained her to say it.
 
 
"Byulyi....please..." Solar cried silently.
 
 
"I'm sorry this had to happen Yongsun ah... Maybe in another life...if we both weren't such cowards...we could be honest to each other without hurting other people" said Moonbyul.
 
 
Solar's face was already drenched with tears as Moonbyul took a deep breath trying not to break down as well. She got up to leave the room when the leader held on tight to her hand, not wanting to let go. It was going to be a difficult time ahead with the ridiculous amount of acting they have to put up with for the public.
 
 
"You do know that i love you right...?" said Moonbyul before she left.
 
 
The members of Red Velvet were sitting in a circle, discussing ideas on how to record their video for their dance practice. In the midst of talking, Seulgi felt her hand phone vibrating and answered it while the other members went on. After hearing the news from her manager, she screamed with joy, crushing into Joy so sat beside her. The members looked to her for some sort of explanation for her sudden burst of happiness.
 
 
"Seulgi...?" said Wendy, looking at her fellow member.
 
 
"Byulyi unnie just agreed to the show" Seulgi said happily.
 
 
"You must be feeling over the moon right now" commented Yeri.
 
 
"Oh you have no idea" said Seulgi.
 
 
"So...when's the first shooting...?" asked Irene.
 
 
"I don't know yet...the manager said they'll get back to us soon...I'm just so happy Byulyi unnie agreed!" said Seulgi ecstatically.
 
 
"Why didn't she in the first place....?" said Wendy.
 
 
"Oh....she had other plans lining up for her so she had to choose carefully" said Seulgi.
 
 
"What kind of variety show is it anyway...?" Yeri went on.
 
 
"I don't know probably like what Krystal sunbae did with Jessica unnie....maybe" said Seulgi.
 
 
"Ya...then that means you guys might live in a house together...just the two of you?" said Wendy. "It'll be like We Got Married already!"
 
 
Seulgi smiled at the thought of that and her members even further. She whipped out her phone and sent a text message to Moonbyul. The rapper received it and smiled sadly at the girl's excitement.
 
 
"That's right..." Moonbyul said to herself. "She's my girlfriend now"
 
 
Moonbyul joined the two maknaes who were eating their chicken happily. Hwasa offered a drumstick to her unnie and poured her a cup of soda. Moonbyul thanked her for it and ate like nothing else mattered, for now.
 
 
Solar went for her shooting as per usual, trying hard not to let her emotions seem to obvious as she wiped her tears away. She couldn't deal with it, not right now. She still had things she wanted to say to Moonbyul. There was no way she was agreeing to what Moonbyul had told her, she just couldn't accept the answer.
 
Their shooting went on as normal, the two of them talking about whatever came to mind and going out on dates. Eric held her hand in his and for a moment, she enjoyed the comfort he was giving to her. They were at Namsan tower, at the peak where it was over looking the city. Solar stood in front of Eric, her thoughts traveled Moonbyul and Seulgi. Without noticing what her on screen husband was doing, Eric hugged her from the back, his arms safely securing her from the cold of the wind. And she relaxed her body into his which gave him much joy.
 
Now she knew what Moonbyul felt like. She felt like a criminal, leaning onto someone else for the slightest bit of comfort they could provide, even just temporarily. If Moonbyul was going ahead with Seulgi, Solar contemplated for waiting around.
 
 
Moonbyul woke up early that day and continued packing the rest of her things. Hyelim, their manager told her that she'll be staying somewhere else temporarily for the show. She read her messages from the maknaes, wishing her luck and smiled. There was nothing from Solar and she expected much. The girl hadn't talk to her ever since that day and Moonbyul accepted the fact that she was going to react as such, she would have done the same thing too.
 
She was greeted at the door by the camera man and the PD in charge of the show. Moonbyul introduced herself to the both of them as the camera started rolling. The PD handed her a slip of paper and she read the message on it.
 
 
"We heard you recently got your driver's license....so we've prepared a car downstairs" said the PD.
 
"Oh...you actually did...?" said Moonbyul in slight disbelief. "It says here that i have to go fetch my partner at her dorm..?"
 
 
"Yes...you will need to go and fetch Seulgi shi at her dorm" said the PD.
 
 
"Ah...." Moonbyul nodded.
 
 
The PD handed her the keys to the car, a slick black and white mini cooper like the one they had in their WooHoo music video. Like a kid, Moonbyul waved to each and every camera installed the car. Before she drove, Moonbyul dialed for Seulgi's number and placed the call on speaker.
 
 
"Oh Byulyi unnie..." the girl answered.
 
 
"Morning" said Moonbyul with a smile in her voice. "Did you just wake up?"
 
 
"N-no..." answered Seulgi rather sleepily.
 
 
"Kang Seulgi...how many times do i have to tell you, i know when you're lying to me" said Moonbyul.
 
 
The girl gave out a weak laughter and hung up afterwards when Moonbyul told her that was on her way over to her dorm. Moonbyul took a deep breath before driving out. She took it nice and slow being extra cautious with her surroundings. Moonbyul knew the route to Seulgi's place as she's been there a couple of times along with the rest of Mamamoo. Once arrived, Moonbyul parked the car and the small crew followed her from behind as engaged them in a small conversation.
 
 
"You can't tell me where we're going next?" she playfully asked the PD.
 
 
"You'll have to find out with Seulgi shi yourself" he laughed back at her.
 
 
Moonbyul rang the door bell and she could hear excited squeals coming from inside the apartment. The person to open the door was none other than Wendy who welcomed Moonbyul in with a hug.
 
 
"Eyyy uri rapper chingu is here" cheered Wendy as she led Moonbyul in.
 
 
They crowded to her like a group of fangirls, all asking how she'd been and how the rest of Mamamoo are. Seulgi emerged from room where none other than the Moon sweater that Moonbyul gave her with a pair of ripped denims.
 
 
"Unnie...you haven't seen Seulgi bare faced before haven't you?" said Joy excitedly.
 
 
"Nope i haven't" the rapper played along.
 
 
Wendy removed the hands that covered Seulgi's bare face and they all shared a laughter. Noticing how embarrassed the girl was, Moonbyul went and stood next to her, helping her cover her face up.
 
 
"Eyy....she looks prettier without make up" commented Moonbyul.
 
 
"Bias! Bias!" Wendy shouted in English.
 
 
"Wait wait!" shouted Yeri and they all looked to her.
 
 
"Isn't that Seulgi's sweater?" pointed out the girl.
 
 
"You exchanged sweaters...? Ya Kang Seulgi, you cheesy girl!" called out Wendy.
 
 
Irene was the only person who wasn't there as she had an earlier pre-recording show to do on Music Bank. The members of Red Velvet wished them two well and success on their short variety show. Both of them bid them good bye and Moonbyul helped Seulgi out with her things.
 
 
"Okay now that the two of you are here, your first mission is to find out where you'll be staying for these couple of days" said the PD handing them a map.
 
 
"That's a very tiny circle PD-nim, how are we supposed to locate the place...?" said Seulgi, looking at the map.
 
 
"That's the challenge, you need to locate this manually, no GPS, no nothing" said the PD.
 
 
"Can you actually read off this thing...? It's so small!" complained Moonbyul, showing the map to the camera.
 
 
"Unnie... bring it here" said Seulgi, pulling her by the hand.
 
 
The two huddled close and looked over the map, squinting their eyes.
 
 
"I think i know where it is" said Seulgi.
 
 
"Really...? You do...?" said Moonbyul.
 
 
They got into the car, Moonbyul told Seulgi to wear her seat belt as she started the engine. She followed the directions the bear and gave her and got onto the main road. But as it was quite early in the morning, there was quite a jam.
 
 
"Seoul's usually busy during this hour isn't it" said Moonbyul.
 
 
"Yeah... i didn't notice how busy it was" said Seulgi, looking out onto the road. "Unnie...you didn't eat breakfast did you"
 
 
"I didn't have the time to" said Moonbyul, making a careful turn.
 
 
Seulgi reached to the back and grabbed a small lunch box amongst her other things. She placed it on her lap and opened it, the smell of kimbap filled the car.
 
 
"Daebak...uri Seulgi made that...?" said Moonbyul.
 
 
"The members helped" said Seulgi, offering one to Moonbyul.
 
 
Moonbyul accepted it wholeheartedly and munched happily. She glanced to the camera and thanked the members of Red Velvet. Following Seulgi's instructions, Moonbyul drive the car safely out from the bustling traffic. Seulgi connected her phone to the radio and started playing songs from her playlist. The first song to play was Mamamoo's Um Oh Ah Yeah and Seulgi began lip syncing to it causing Moonbyul to burst into laughter.
 
 
"Seulgi are you sure we're heading to the right place...?" asked Moonbyul.
 
 
"Positive unnie" said Seulgi.
 
 
They received a call from the PD telling them to take a right and drive into the alley. Considering the call that they got, Moonbyul assumed they were heading the right way. The alley that they drove into was none other than Bukchon's, where most of the traditional houses is located. The PD's van drove ahead and parked outside one of the traditional houses. Moonbyul parked perfectly behind it, then unbuckling her seat belt.
 
 
"No way" Moonbyul muttered as she and Seulgi stood in front of the wooden door where the PD was.
 
 
"Come on in girls" said the PD, ushering them in.
 
 
Seulgi followed the older girl from the back as Moonbyul headed in first. It wasn't that big inside but was enough. They had small courtyard with a wooden platform situated at the corner. Sliding the door open to their temporary house, the living room was located in front of them and the kitchen was just right around the corner. Their bedroom was at the far end from the living room. It wasn't much but it was cozy.
 
 
"This is such a cute setting!" commented Seulgi.
 
 
After they had settle things down, Moonbyul and Seulgi sat at the wooden platform in the courtyard. The first thing on their agenda was called Wooden Platform corner as corny as it sounded. The camera started rolling again and the PD began explaining to them what the corner was all about.
 
 
"Ah...you mean when our friendship started...?" said Moonbyul after hearing what the PD said.
 
 
"Well...i guess...you could say our close friendship started when we're on stage....after performing we'd greet each other and sometimes in backstage too...we'd talk to each and stuff...yeah"
 
 
"Actually i was really shy to approach Moonbyul unnie because she had such a comfortable ambience to her. She can easily talk to people without feeling awkward and shy and that's something i adore about unnie because she tries to make people feel less awkward and things like that" continued Seulgi.
 
 
"Seulgi was practically like a baby when i first talked to her. I didn't expect her to have this very cutesy respond towards me" laughed Moonbyul.
 
 
"Fascinatingly, unnie gets that kind of respond from any girls that she talked to. Especially with Wendy unnie....it's like a switch and they like to role play a lot when both our groups get a bit of time off" Seulgi continued on, ending it with a laugh.
 
 
"Red Velvet members always welcome us like we're apart of their group and i'm super thankful that we get to talk to each other as often like we to" said Moonbyul.
 
 
After their talking corner had ended, the PD told them that were required to cook their own lunch, as a test to see how well they work and communicate with each other. Moonbyul was a decent cook while Seulgi needed more help.
 
 
 
"How long has she been at it...?"
 
 
"Nearly an hour...she's exhausting herself"
 
 
"I know this was going to happen"
 
 
Hwasa and Wheein exchange looks with each other as Solar continued dancing her off to an upbeat song. No one dared to go inside to stop her but seeing her exhaust herself like that was beginning to worry them. Ever since Moonbyul told her that they had to go separate ways, Solar hardly ate and hardly drink anything. Her tears kept coming no matter how hard she tried to suppress them.
 
Her vision began to blur as her heart hammered against her chest. Solar supported herself by placing her hands on her knees, trying to regain her breathing but as she did, she felt her body giving way. Within the next second, Solar's mind blanked out.
 
The maknaes rushed into the studio room, Wheein quickly supporting her unnie as Hwasa called for help. The last thing that the leader muttered was Moon Byulyi's name.