His Presence...

My Heart, Opened Up

Jiyeon's POV

Dreaming...dreaming...sparkling.

I see my necklace, hanging in the air from the clean hands of the one who gave it to me, years and years ago...

I see the comfortable smile, the bright sun, the mellow happiness of that scene.

Nothing can be wrong, I thought, happily, as I leaned into kiss him -

"KYAHH!" I screamed out, in terror, as my beautiful grassy footing suddenly turned into bloody, cold ice that was so thin that already, from my heavy, wedged brown fur boots [why these?!] the ice was starting to crack. Before I knew it, the realm of the cold underneath me grabbed me and seeped me in, sinking me further and further into death. I thought I saw someone hovering just above the depths of the cold water, but their voice was different...as if...as if, two people were combined into one, so close yet so out of reach.

Like a tattoo, you somehow cave in deeper as I try to escape you...

But you know what? That sounds so damn familiar...

And so was this accident; I did in fact drown and almost die when I was seven years old...

Why is this playing over again? Why am I dying again? Unable to breathe, see, feel, or even think? Is this a new start for me or a brand new end?

Or...am I gonna do what I dread most - start all over?

Like a fresh red rose, you pricked me with your thorn-like words...

Drowning, drowning, drowning...

Just who in the world is going to save me?

~*

"Noona nomu yaepo~~  Geunyuleul bomyeon na-neun michuh~~ Replay, replay, replay~"

My alarm clock sang its daily song by Jonghyun, whom I've missed more than anybody else. Well, maybe a bit less than Sohee unnie, but still, he's pretty close.

Opening up my eyes and responding to the tickle of sunlight coming from the window, I sat up with a soft groan and brushed a hand through my hair, feeling the familiar scabs from Sooyoung hardening upon my scalp. Luckily I was used to it; well by now at least.

Shutting off the alarm - and Jonghyun's sweet sing-song voice - I got up and briefly washed myself up, before making it back to my bed and hesitantly holding up a brand new dress unnie bought for me to wear today. I never got to wear a proper dress before, unless they were hand-me-downs from my stick-skinny sister Soo, which unfortunately never really fit me because of her urban chic and casual style. Thankfully, Joo-Hyun unnie still remembered the occasional times I dreamt of being a bit more stylish, and got me an expensive sleeveless peach-colored dress from a brand in Taiwan! Cinched at the waist, with a cute, laid-back ribbon on the chest that reached the waistline, along with two borderlines of black at the bottom, it was simple but elegant, and totally sweet.

I smiled in awe as my fingers swam across the soft peach, its tips rejoicing from the thick, soft fabric. Wishing I could've at least worn this back when Kikwang oppa and I went to the same church, I gently but expertly changed. Out of habit [and because my sister never did this herself] I folded my pajamas tossed on the bed neatly before grabbing my normal black jean handbag and arriving to the kitchen. Sadly Joo-Hyun unnie already left, but at least I got to eat a real meal of warm cheese omelets, sweet potatoes, and toast-with-jam rather than just cereal.

When I got up to put the plate and utensils away though, a piece of paper slowly flew down towards the floor, grabbing my attention. Reading it, though, answered a lingering question in my head ever since this morning -

Jiyeon!

Hope u like the dress~ ^-^

Your new school's pretty close, so fifteen mins. beforehand, someone's gonna carpool u!

Good luck @ school sweetie; it's nothing like CVHS >_<

~Yongseo <3~

Apparently Yonghwa was here while I was sleeping, I thought, giggling.

Thank goodness I have a car ride though...at least I won't have to get lost walking around this big neighborhood...

But...who in the world is gonna be the one taking me there anyway? I wondered, feeling a bit anxious. 'Cause it really could've been anyone - Kikwang oppa, Sohee unnie [which won't be too bad, but the guilt will eventually eat me up], or...if I was lucky, Jonghyun oppa.

And if I was unlucky, then it would be my potential murderer, Sooyoung.

The answer, though, I only got to find out ten seconds later once a shiny black car pulled up in front of the house, headlights on for the signal. Wanting to make a good impression, I quickly put on my ruby key necklace, hastily pulled on some black tights, and jammed my feet into some shiny [and slightly big] white heeled sandals before I stumbled out of the big, warm house...

...and came across someone in the expensive black car whom I never, ever thought I would see again. Out of all people...

The tears, the screaming, the hard grips...red welts...

You told me to keep living, but how could I after what even you did to me?

Suddenly, I didn't feel the bitter cold of an early fall morning biting at my exposed arms anymore. Suddenly, I didn't notice the colorful leaves skittering across the roughly-paved sidewalk, scurrying away at the sight of us two together. Suddenly, I didn't notice the heavy white cotton-clouds slightly inching forward in front of the sun that held back like that time, bringing memories that I tried too hard to burn away. As always, when I hated it the most, time slowed down so I could painfully take everything in, leaving my heart to rot from all the mold of the previous dark momentums...

And just like that, my brief flicker of happiness died down and away, leaving me to fend for myself once more. Why can't happiness ever last longer than a moment?

Baby can't you see the look in my eyes?

Look at these two eyes that fell into sadness...

Instincively, despite my heavy bag, my shaking right hand curled around my small ruby key necklace, while my eyes stared at not only his slightly sad expression...but also his ruby lock necklace, placed snugly around his neck just like my arms were, not too long ago...

The person whom you loved more heatedly than the bright red sun...Don't make her cry...

Don't make me cry...again.

 ~*

[A/N: Did anyone notice the 'Cry Cry' lyrics embedded in there? ^^]