2 Such Different Worlds Are We...

My Heart, Opened Up

Seung-Ho's POV

"Oppa, is she really your girlfriend?"

"How come she's suddenly coming to our school?"

"Did something happen?"

"Dude, she's so damn cute! How'd you find her?"

Why are they making such a big deal out of this...? Is it really that surprising?

And why did Jiyeon seem so...annoyed?

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...But, thinking back to the time in the car, when she looked away and said those two words, 'Can't say,' I just...I don't know. I couldn't take things anymore. Maybe I just called her my girlfriend for my own wellbeing and happiness, so that at least I would know with my heart  that she was there.

But you know what? Those were the exact kinds of people Jiyeon ultimately hated, and I knew that...Or at least I thought I did...

Just how did I change so much?

Left and right, despite how the warning charm rang, people kept bombarding me with questions about Jiyeon being my girlfriend, I didn't even notice she was gone until I heard someone fall in the lobby, about ten feet ahead. That was when people finally stopped to look around and see what happened, which gave me a chance to finally search for her as well.

Surprisingly enough, though, she already got into the hands of the school's most popular kkang-pae girls, Soyeon and Hyomin Park.

tara+hyomin+soyeon+(1).jpg

Besides me, HyunA noona let out a small gasp as she mumbled, "Damn, oppa; your girlfriend's gonna get it..."

"Or not," Joon hyung commented, noticing how, rather than beating Jiyeon up, they actually helped her up. And, before I could go to her, they took her away with themselves...and not once did she look back.

I let out a sigh and quickly walked away  from the gang of friends towards my own walk-in locker, wondering painfully whether we'll ever be right after what happened just a year ago...

 

~* 

 

Jiyeon's POV

"Hey there, pretty girl~ You okay?" someone hovering above me cooed, as I painfully fell on the gold with my .

Pretty girl? Me? I wondered, before I opened my eyes up to two...unique-looking girls I should say. One of them had on a silky, ruffled black dress that was sleeveless yet complimented her milky skin perfectly. Below that she wore black leggings and the best stillettos I've ever seen, making me wonder how she could've called me pretty. Her eyes were so doe-like and sparkling, too, while her hair was long and curled.

"Yah, are we that scary?" a tomboy-ish girl besides her asked, grinning. Unlike Doe Eyes, this girl had short, brown hair cropped up to her neck, and wore a shabby leather jacket, ripped acid blue jeans, and a light white tee. Her shoes were black, furry ankle BCBG boots, which complimented her sharp, black eyes.

"U-Um, no..." I stupidly stammered, casting my eyes down from them...and wondering why oppa Seung-Ho wasn't coming, again.

Doe-Eyes giggled and held out her perfect hand, helping me up. I smiled and accepted it, getting up, and - with a slight shock - followed them as they pulled me through a dim hall, not giving me a chance to look back. Well, not like I wanted to, anyways.

"You're Yoo Seung-Ho's girlfriend, yeah?" Tom-boy asked, smirking with her hands in her pockets. I sighed and shook my head, hating how this was how people knew me.

But hey, I didn't even know myself yet...

"No? But he looked pretty sad seeing you ditch him, girl," Doe-Eyes chirped, looking amused.

"I ditched him for a reason," I spat out, before I could think. My eyes widened as they look at each other, amazed.

"Damn, you're tougher than I thought," tomboy commented, before we stopped at the biggest set of silver lockers I have ever seen...If they could even be counted as lockers, I mean. They looked more like doors to a mini closet!

"This one, next to Soyeon's is empty so you can use that," tomboy explained, pointing at the locker on the far right. I mutely nodded, and then followed them throughout the entire golden stadium as they gave me my schedule, stored my heavy books in my locker for me, and even walked me to my first class!

For two kkang-pae girls, they sure are nice...

"Here's your first class, pretty girl; Art 101~," Soyeon sang, her eyes sparkling in laughter. I slightly gaped at the huge, marble-walled estate classroom before I looked back at them and smiled, suddenly feeling so comfortable with those two. I never felt this comfortable around such pretty, popular strangers, except with Seung-Ho back in Crescenta Valley...

"Eat lunch with us, too, yeah? Unless that popular reclaims you back," tomboy smiled. "Just take the elevator at the end of this hall to the third Floor, and you'll see us there."

Elevator!? "Okay, thank you! Soyeon, and...?"

"Hyomin Park; but even if we all have the same last name, we're not related," she explained. "And you?"

"Park Jiyeon..."

"Ooh, a third Park~" Soyeon sang, looking even happier. "Geez, Qri's gonna be a bit pissed, but oh well." Q-Qri!? Lee T-Taemin's girlfriend...?

No way...How come I'm always facing the high-rated, popular people that I always shrunk away from now? And why are the people who unknowingly broke my heart haunting me all over again? I thought this was a new time for change?!

Before I could talk anymore, though, the bell sang its twinkling song, leaving me alone as Hyomin and Soyeon Park waved and walked off, blowing huge bubbles of pink gum on the way. I waved while grinning, desperately hoping that at least this new friendship would last...and dreading the time I would have to face Lee Qri, even if she doesnt know me herself.

As other very rich, pretty cliques came over to wait until the teacher came, I felt myself becoming self-conscious and hot again, just like always. Everyone had company, and everyone looked so careless and free. I wished I had Sohee there with me to at least not look like a loner, when -

"Omo, look who's coming!" people chorused, as of course, none other than popular Seung-Ho caught up to me, immediately grabbing a hold of my hand for all to see.

"What are you doing here?"

"I have the same class you, Yeon-ah," he repied quietly, thankfully blocking others' view from me.

I sighed as he then asked, "What's your whole schedule?" Wordlessly I showed him the pretty, glittery paper, while mentally begging for the teacher to hurry up and come.

Much to my dismay, though, oppa said, "Yeon-ah, you have this class, and period 5 and 6 with me...That's great, right?"

"I guess..." He sighed and instead wrapped his arm around my waist, making me stumble from the sudden movement. "Oppa!" I hissed, blushing. Sadly, though, he still must've not realized why I'm keeping my distance from him, as the teacher finally came and led us into the huge room...even seating us together, as if nobody on this whole earth understood my feelings.

People were happy for us, not knowing all the damage that happened. Seung-Ho kept putitng on a happy front as if he too just forgot everything. Everybody's just so damn similar...Soyeon and Hyomin really were the only different ones, but even they know Qri...

Two such different worlds are we...

When will anyone ever fully understand me?

~*

[A/N: Thanks so much for the support, subbies and commenters!! ^_^ Even the silent readers, thanks so much!~ Sorry if all of this seems so draggy so far, but there's more action promised, don't worry ;) A lot's planned out for the reflection of me that is Park Jiyeon...<3]