Chapter 7: Broken Trust part 3

Antebellum

((Before this chapter starts, I’d like to give a warning that this chapter is harsher than the previous ones. It’s gory and contains . If you don’t want to read those, please be warned. I will give a summary of what happened by the end of the chapter if you wish to skip.))



Chapter 7: Broken Trust part 3



“Seokjin.” Jungkook whispered, his voice raspy. His throat was parched and sore, the rest of his body ached in agony. The raven was feeling lightheaded and felt cold. But he couldn’t help but feel worried about the other who was in an equally weak state.

Seokjin was barely breathing, barely alive. He was cold and pale, and wouldn’t stop shivering even if Jungkook held him in his embrace. It took a lot of effort for the older to look up in response to Jungkook’s call. He could barely speak, could barely keep his eyes open.

They needed food. They needed water. They needed medical attention.

Jungkook gritted his teeth at the abuse they were subjected to. It’s been how many days, Jungkook wondered, since the last time they’ve seen the sun. They have no food and water and live off only from the mysterious drug his father regularly injected into their system.

“To keep you two alive”, his father had said every time he pricked their skin with his needles. “But weak enough so you can’t fight back.” There were many scars on their arms and wrists where his father would inject them. Aside from that, his father has been taking blood samples off of him and Seokjin once again. This time it was clear to Jungkook where those samples go.

He wondered if his father had abducted more people while he kept them hidden. How many days have passed? Has the school noticed they were missing for days? Has anyone noticed? Have Seokjin’s parents been looking for him?

Junngkook’s thoughts were cut off when his father entered the room, holding his tools with him. He held Seokjin closer to him, albeit weakly. He wanted to keep the other away from his father, away from this monster, and protect him. He can’t help but think that this was all his fault. He could’ve done something to avoid this. Seokjin didn’t deserve this torture. None of them did.

A smirk graced across his father’s features, madness shone in his eyes as he bent down, speaking in a sing-song manner, “Time to take your blood~”

Instinctively, Jungkook pulled Seokjin closer to him and the other weakly did the same in response. Noticing their gesture, his father clicked his tongue in annoyance before harshly yanking Jungkook away. Seokjin let out a panicked and broken cry at the loss of contact. He tearfully watched as Jungkook’s father mercilessly slashed across his son’s wrist, squeezing blood out of it and deliberately pouring it out onto a cylinder glass.

His father used to take their blood properly like how it was taken during lab tests. But after the many times Jungkook fought back, he lost his patience and has been doing this ever since.

Not even bothering to patch up the wound he opened, he left Jungkook’s hand to continue bleeding. He had learned several weeks ago that Jungkook healed at a faster pace compared to other humans and has been taking advantage of that. However, Seokjin had noticed that as they grew weaker, Jungkook’s healing process has slowed down as well.

His father was not only unorthodox but also unsanitary and careless as he slashed Seokjin’s wrist open with the same blade he used for Jungkook. Doing the same as he squeezed and poured it into a separate glass. As soon as he got what he wanted, he left them where they lay.

“Jungkook,” Seokjin called softly as he tried to reach out to the other, “Hold me.”

Hearing those words, Jungkook dragged himself across the cold hard concrete, uncaring that the rough texture was grazing against his skin. He reached to where Seokjin was and complied with the elder’s request. He could feel Seokjin’s tears as the silence enveloped them. There was a question left unasked, but it needn’t be stated. Both knowing that they don’t have the answer.

Are we ever going to make out of this alive?

A question that settled in their minds. They hope—they could only hope—that they won’t be damned to eternally suffering like this. The question continued to dance in their heads for the days and nights that passed, as they went in and out of consciousness.

A few weeks later, at last, the time came, when the answer finally arrived.

His father spared them from the torture for reasons they do not know. Jungkook squinted at the blinding light he hasn’t seen for days. Even the fluorescent light has become unbearable to his eyes that grew accustomed to the dark since they were imprisoned and abused by the man he once respected. The food that was fed to them was bland but their hungry stomachs accepted anything that was fed to them.

Even if they ended up vomiting everything they ate.

It took days of recovery and it surprised Jungkook that his father actually took his time to help them heal. Actually took care of them properly and treated them as patients rather than prisoners.

Jungkook has yet to leave the room where he and Seokjin were nursed in. He was recovering at a fast pace as opposed to Seokjin who was still struggling. What was supposed to be weeks to heal was only a few days for Jungkook.

A few days and here he was once again. Pinning his father against the wall with an invisible force and demanding answers from him. Jungkook was not a fool. He knew that his father still needed to take blood from him and Seokjin, and the previous state they both were in was convenient for the man. So why did he change his mind? Why did he suddenly help them? He’s obviously not concerned about whether they were dying or not, seeing that he relied on the drugs he injected into them to keep them alive.

He obviously needed something from them if he suddenly altered from his cruel ways and took care of them right now. And so, Jungkook demanded answers from the man who was nobody but a monster in his eyes. “What do you want from us?” he growled—expecting answers but to his surprise, the crazed man only chuckled in response. As if what Jungkook was doing was something so hilarious to him. As if everything was a joke. As if Jungkook and Seokjin’s lives were merely toys. The thought angered Jungkook as he threw the madman around the room until he heard a pained cry.

And Jungkook found it hard to deny that hearing that sound satisfied him.

Levitating the man off of the ground, Jungkook stood up and walked toward his lifted form. The madman felt shivers when he saw the deadliest look he had ever seen from his own son. If he had been sane, he would have dreaded for his life right then and there and begged for mercy and forgiveness. But sanity was lost in this man as he laughed at Jungkook’s rage.

And continued to laugh as Jungkook attacked him to the ground and kept pounding his fists into his face like a rabid animal. Screaming profanities as he decorated the white marble floors with the color of his father’s blood. Jungkook was going to kill this man. Screw the fact that this man was his flesh and blood. Jungkook resented the reality that this man’s blood flowed in his veins just as his flowed into the man’s tainted existence.

Jungkook wanted to kill him. He wanted to crush his bones and make him suffer in agony just as he made them suffer. He wanted to carve out his organs and let the rain pour into his mangled remains. This man won’t be cremated nor would he be buried. Jungkook won’t let him have that honor. He will let the crows feast on his corpse and let the maggots devour whatever scraps are left behind. Jungkook wanted him to suffer even after he was dead.

Jungkook wanted him dead. But before he could grant that wish, he heard a pained cry from behind. This alerted the raven back to the present as he woke up from the mindless rage he was in. He immediately looked back to where Seokjin lay on the bed, rushing towards him to check if he was hurt.

Jungkook was hesitant to touch Seokjin with his bloodstained and bruised hands. But he was surprised to see blood trickling down from the unconscious man’s nose. It continued to drip and Jungkook was at a loss as he gathered tissues to wipe off the blood as it continued to bleed. In his state of panic, he heard his father let out a chuckle followed by a pained cough as he spat out blood.

“What are you laughing at?” Jungkook growled as he let his powers slam his father against the wall without pausing from his attempts to stop Seokjin’s bleeding nose, “What did you do to him?”

“It’s not about what I did.” The crazed man laughed, unfazed by the fact that he was beaten up and pinned against the wall by invisible forces. “It’s about what you did.”

At that, Jungkook stopped from his failing attempts and fully turned to the man, eyes wide and hands clenched so hard his nails made his palms bleed. “What do you mean?” he received nothing but another bout of laughter. “Stop ing with me!” Jungkook growled as he ran to grab the man’s collar and brought him face to face, “What the did you do?”

“You hurt me.” The mad scientist said, his words coming out slurred but with a hint of amusement in them, “You hurt him.”

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, trying to decipher his words. At the sight of his confusion, his father’s crazy grin widened, “To control you. I had to control him.” He chuckled, “I needed you to do some things for me. But I figured that you would try to fight back. So I had to make sure you’d obey me. I had to make sure that I had you where you can’t say no.”

His father paused to take heavy breaths, his blood dripping down and staining Jungkook’s already bloodied hands, and slowly tainted his collars. The raven waited in suffocating silence as the man spoke his next words. Words that crushed away all the hope in Jungkook. Hope to live a normal life from here on.

“I would’ve opted to let you stay in the weak position you were in. After all, I’ve already had a group of successful experiments after I finally found the missing piece that is Seokjin.” He paused to take a few heavy breaths, still keeping the smirk despite the state he was in. That smirk that looked so victorious, Jungkook felt that he lost in some sort of wicked game he never knew he participated in. “But it’s not enough. If I want to change the world, the current progress I’ve made is not enough. And the only one who can help me speed up the process is you. I realized that I needed you. But before I could use you, I had to tame you. And so, while both of you were healing, I did a little experiment on Seokjin.”

Jungkook’s eyes widened, he had a feeling that he knew what his father would say next. His grip loosened as he waited for the man to finish his words.

Letting out another laugh, his father stared straight into his eyes, eyes that were filled with malice but also with fear and anguish, “Seokjin’s senses are one with mine. I get hurt, he gets hurt. But the best thing about this is that it’s one-way. I don’t get affected by his pain.” He said with glee, “Aren’t you happy, Jungkook? Your blood flows in mine, and I’m one with the person you adore. Aren’t we one big happy family interconnected with each other?”

“How dare you.” Jungkook trembled as his grip on the man’s collar tightened. He wanted to screw this man so badly, he wanted to make him pay, make him suffer, make him regret everything he had done—but he can’t, couldn’t. It’s so frustrating, Jungkook thought. How someone you wanted to hurt so badly would make you hurt someone you wanted to protect all your life. Resigned to his cruel fate, Jungkook released his hold on the man.

As crazy laughter echoed in this hellish place, echoed in Jungkook’s brain, he let the tears fall. So many droplets, Jungkook couldn’t wipe them all away. As he tried to make them stop, the blood tainted his cheeks and the stench reminded him of the hell he was forever trapped into once again.

Innocence, if Jungkook had any left, to begin with, was gone. Completely washed away, drowned and tainted with the madness that was this hell his father created.

And what was most painful was the fact that Jungkook had to share this hell with the purest angel he has met. The guilt made Jungkook suffocate. He wished he suffered alone rather than to suffer from Seokjin. He would sacrifice himself for the other’s happiness. It took him all of this to finally acknowledge that he may have loved the elder over the past few months he spent with him.

Upon this realization and the sinking feeling of having succumbed to his eternal damnation, Jungkook’s frustrated and painful cries overlapped his father’s insane laughter. Along with the soft beep of the machines attached to Seokjin, it was the sound of hell.

This, Jungkook decided, is Hell.


But Hell was worse than Jungkook thought.

Hell is this. Hell is following the orders of the devil, like a slave without a choice. Doing things he didn’t wish to do—like committing a crime. Like using his powers to break into organizations and steal from them vital information, and so-called secret weapons. All for his father to use, as he stated: “to create a better world.”

Jungkook was now a criminal. The world was a mess, and no one would’ve guessed that the one behind everything was a teenager with strange powers. Maybe his mother had been right to leave him behind. Right now, he was nothing less than a monster—no, he was in fact, worse than a monster. He was a demon. A demon like his father’s.

A demon with his hands stained with blood as he has killed another person once again, at his father’s command. There was no turning back. Jungkook was tainted in sin. There will be no salvation for him. But despite all the crime he has committed, Jungkook can’t help but think that his biggest crime would be what he was doing at the moment.

Holding Seokjin in his sinful arms. Tainting the purest angel with his sinful existence. The very fact that an abomination like him was in the presence of this seraph was Jungkook’s biggest sin. He felt that every time he would touch the elder, his hands would burn—condemn him for his wrongdoings. Yet Seokjin was his solace at the same time.

He was the only light left in this dark, cruel world. And Jungkook can’t help himself from being selfish as he held onto that. Seokjin was his guiding light, Seokjin was his guardian angel. And he was going to protect that.

He kept Seokjin ignorant. The other was slowly healing and Jungkook was relieved at the same time anxious with his recovery. Relieved because he wanted the other to not feel pain—never in his life if possible. Anxious because Seokjin will leave his bed and will start latching onto Jungkook, asking where he will be and wanting to come with him, and maybe he’ll see what Jungkook has been doing now. Maybe, he’ll resent Jungkook.  Maybe, he’ll condemn him.

And Jungkook can’t have that. Seokjin was his only anchor. Without Seokjin, he would’ve gone insane. Seokjin was Jungkook’s savior. Seokjin was Jungkook’s sanity. Without him, he would lose everything—mind, heart, and body.

He would become insane. He would be crushed. He would die.

So, Jungkook kept Seokjin in the dark, as much as he could. He made sure to keep him ignorant. Ignorant of what Jungkook was doing. Ignorant of the fact that the outside world was tearing apart. Ignorant of the fact that countries were brewing anger and there was a potential world war. Ignorant of the fact that Luhan, his cousin, had lost control as his father predicted and the town they lived in was now lifeless. Ignorant that his parents are dead by the hands of Luhan and that the survivors became part of his father’s experiment.

Ignorance is bliss. Bliss is what Jungkook wanted to give to Seokjin. Bliss is what Seokjin has until his father tore everything down. Shot down the lies that Jungkook told, broke down the walls that Jungkook built to defend Seokjin, to keep him protected.

A few weeks later, Seokjin was suicidal. And Jungkook cried, begged, wished, prayed to stop all of his attempts. He apologized repeatedly like a mantra—a mantra that haunted Seokjin as he thrashed in his position. Seokjin’s white feathers were falling apart, one by one, he was losing his wings. Jungkook wanted to catch those feathers and glue them back together. He wanted his angel to remain an angel.

But Seokjin was ruined in front of him. Seokjin has fallen from Heaven. Seokjin fell down, passed Earth and went straight to Hell where he suffered with Jungkook. The raven realized how much he hated himself for that. He could’ve cushioned that fall, made sure it was less painful. But right now, in front of him, was his broken fallen angel weeping as he was locked out of heaven, banished to eternal damnation.

And here, Jungkook was, picking up the tattered feathers with remorse. Remorse that manifested into anger. Red, blazing anger.

There was solely rage inside Jungkook as he faced the cause of all this mess. He attacked his father, pinned him to the ground and brought his fist up to hit him, but only stopping his attack when the man’s words flashed across his wrathful mind. He was once again reminded as to why this hell had started in the first place.

If he hurts this demon, he hurts his angel. His now fallen angel.

And Jungkook only watched as his tears fell into the demon. Tears that left the demon overjoyed. Overjoyed by the broken expression on Jungkook’s face.

Jungkook was broken.

But broken was better. Broken can be fixed. It may be shards of pieces but these pieces can be put back together. Broken was alright. Broken can be fixed. Because broken was how Jungkook found himself in Seokjin’s loving arms. Seokjin was also broken, but he was broken with Jungkook and they patched each other. They tried to fix each other in their broken state.

Seokjin—ever-loving and forgiving Seokjin—accepted him after a few weeks. “We only have each other left,” Seokjin told him, “So we need to look out for each other.”

Jungkook, for the first time in his life since his mother left, cried like a baby. Clung onto Seokjin like the child who lost everything, like the child he thought had left with his mother, like the child he never got to be. For the first time, Jungkook allowed himself to be weak in front of someone else. Jungkook laid it all out—laid everything out. He laid himself and bare for Seokjin to see his flaws and imperfections. And Seokjin kissed them all along with the pains and heartbreaks away.

That night, they became one. One to comfort each other in this hell they found. One to hold each other through thick and thin, through sickness and in health. Through life and death. Almost like a vow, they became one. And that is how Jungkook saw Seokjin. Seokjin was no longer his angel—his fallen angel. Seokjin was his Heaven. His Heaven in this Hell.

But his father didn’t seem to like that. “You’re losing focus ever since he got better,” his father had said, “You’re working so slow and inefficient.” He judged, and in his mind was a cruel plan Jungkook never anticipated.

Two weeks later, Jungkook was sent on a cruel and questionable mission. But as Jungkook has learned, the hard way, that he mustn’t ask—all he had to do was follow. And follow was what he did. What he did was drive him and Seokjin deeper into the depths of hell.

Hell was this situation he was in. Where he was locked in a room his father had set as a trap. The mission was faux. His father had tricked him. This room, his father told him through the speakers, would nullify his powers. It seemed that as time passed, his father grew more and more knowledgeable and has become better at controlling Jungkook.

“Why?” Jungkook had asked, “What do you plan to achieve with locking me in here?”

“A lesson.” His father had said, “A lesson to remind you that you’re not supposed to be happy. You’re supposed to follow everything that I say without qualms. But it seems that ever since Seokjin woke up, you’ve been occupied. You’re no longer focused on your tasks. So I will remind you once again who you should obey.”

Jungkook’s eyes widened at his words, feeling the anger rush in him. Seeing the expression on his face, his father smirked as he achieved what he had wanted. Pushing a button, several doors opened in the room where Jungkook was in. to his surprise, there were about six people who entered his room.

“Those are one of my experiments. They failed my tests, but they had a few side-effects. Take that one for example,” Jungkook turned to the girl with a greenish complexion, “She doesn’t heal fast like you and other successful test subjects. She had weird side-effects such as the way she looks, but aside from that, she has superhuman strength.”

The raven tried to process his words in his brain as he thought hard what his father was trying to achieve. But he needn’t think more as his father complied to give him his ideas, “But they all still have common sense. And like any other human, they wished to be freed from this. So I told them that I’d free them in one condition.” His father paused, wanting to make Jungkook feel the suspense as if this was all entertaining for him, “And that is if they beat you. But of course, as you are the main source of their power and they’re basically failed experiments then they’re at a huge disadvantage. That’s why I have you here, powers nullified while you fight people who are now presumably more powerful than you.”

Jungkook clenched his hands, eyes steeled as he became alert. If that was the case, anyone of these people would try and attack him, kill him even. The raven wondered what his father was trying to achieve from this. If he wanted to teach Jungkook a lesson, he would have to do better.

Perhaps this scenario would’ve frightened him back then. But Jungkook was changed. He has committed several crimes and has killed. The blood in his hands was hard to wash away no matter how many times he bathed. The blood in his hands became proof of what kind of monster he came to be.

Powers or not, Jungkook will kill others in cold blood. From now on, Jungkook fears nothing. Nothing will ever make him afraid. Except for one thing.

Seokjin.

And maybe Jungkook has underestimated his father for that. Because then, a light came out from a projector and what came with it was an image—no, a video. In the video was a group of standing men Jungkook didn’t know, and they towered over a figure that the raven would always recognize wherever he was.

“Seokjin!” Jungkook yelled, growling at the screen as he took in the sight of the man tied, gagged and blindfolded. His vulnerable state making Jungkook nervous and angry at the same time. At the sound of his voice, Seokjin seemed to have jerked and struggled in his position on the ground. “What do you plan to do with him?”

“I decided to play a game.” His father's reply echoed through the speaker. “Since I betted those failed test subjects their freedom, I had to make sure that I had something for you to wager on too. So if you win, I’ll give you a reward. And that is to ensure Seokjin’s safety.”

“You bastard!” Jungkook yelled back, his eyes wide and hands clenched tight, blood almost dripped. “Leave him out of your stupid little games! He’s not someone for you to toy with!”

“Also, you reward is time-limited.” His father continued as if he hadn’t spoken a word, “The longer it takes for you to finish that fight, the more these men would peel clothes off of your precious Seokjin. And when all the clothes come off, I wonder what happens, hm? I’m sure you know. After all, you already had your way with him, didn’t you?”

Jungkook froze as the words were uttered. Then followed the feeling of dread, fear, and anger that swallowed his heart whole. Before he knew it, he was going ballistic as he screamed profanities and cursed the cruel scientist whose laugh echoed through the speakers, taunting him.

“Jungkook,” the man said in between laughter, “Time starts now.”

As soon as those words were uttered, Hell released its hounds. Jungkook fought off his offenders who were truly stronger than him. The raven was getting thrown around and beaten up. He was blinded in his rage and he couldn’t think well, more than the pain from the hits he received, his heart ached every time he heard the sound of clothes ripping and the muffled cries through the speaker.

Through every rip, Jungkook lost his mind. Through every muffled cry, Jungkook started thrashing around, fighting off his enemies like a rabid dog. Punching, kicking, and fighting like a madman. By the time Jungkook has killed the last of the six, he abruptly turned to the screen to see Seokjin topless, ripped fabric from his hoodie and shirt laid haphazardly around him. He sighed in relief, at how he had avoided the worst. But he thought too soon.

The doors opened once again and in came more of the test subjects. Then his father’s voice came in once again, “You thought I only had six failed experiments? I had more failure than success. And every one of them wanted out of this place. Have fun!”

It was pure torture. The night was merciless as every fiber of Jungkook’s being ached the more he received blows, his knuckles bruised, his legs hurting more. But what hurt the most was his heart, getting stabbed repeatedly by the sounds he’s been hearing. He’s killed many—if the corpses that were starting to form mountains were any indication. But they were endless as they kept coming at him. The raven thought he might go deaf by the loud screaming in his mind telling him to be faster, stronger so he could save Seokjin. He wanted to silence the torturous sounds of the fabric getting ripped apart, he wanted to silence the laughter he heard from his father—he wanted to silence Seokjin’s muffled cries with a comforting kiss, telling him everything would be alright.

But before he could do it, a piercing scream erupted from the speakers. Turning to the screen, Jungkook saw a sight he never wanted to see. It was a sight that made Jungkook want to claw his eyes out. He wanted to jump from the top of a building or kill himself right then and there. Or better yet kill his father. Kill the crazy man.

The sight was killing him. It was killing his heart, mind, and body.

He felt like he was going insane watching the push and pull action through the screen. Seokjin was crying, his tears falling one by one. Jungkook wanted to wipe those tears away. He was trembling and thrashing around against his restraints. Jungkook wanted to hold him and tell him everything was okay. Seokjin was bleeding, bleeding where Jungkook had taken him a few nights ago. Bleeding where he and Jungkook became one.

Seokjin was getting and Jungkook watched. He watched agonizingly. He watched as he started seeing red and his mind went blank.

Jungkook went insane.


The crazed man watched in astonishment as his son—no, not his son anymore. His favorite test subject—broke through the nullification he made the room for and summoned his prowess in his fit of rage. All the failures who attempted to kill him were blown away by an invisible force, their brains splattered across the rooms and red tainting the once white walls.

He watched as his favorite experiment tore through the hallways, broken down every door to every room in search of his lover. When he found him, he tore apart the men that touched his loved one. He tore them apart, limb by limb and relished their agonizing moments.

He bared his fangs and claws at them, showing them how much of a demon he was. Before he turned into the puppy he was when he was in front of that wretched Seokjin. His father never really liked Seokjin. At first, he had been used for his experiment.

But over time, the guy became a nuisance. His father he wanted Jungkook to become a cold killing machine. But Seokjin always made Jungkook feel human. Being human was a weakness on Jungkook’s part, from what he sees. Being in love with Seokjin made Jungkook less productive.

But his father was glad now. Seokjin was broken. Jungkook was broken. Now they would follow him. His father was satisfied as he watched Jungkook cry in front of his lover’s wrecked form, looking unsure what to do.

He was satisfied. Surely now, Jungkook learned his lesson.


Jungkook used to be broken.

Broken was better. Broken can be fixed. It may be shards of pieces but these pieces can be put back together. Broken was alright. Broken can be fixed.

But right now, Jungkook was shattered.

Shattered was worse. It was beyond repair. Broken can be fixed back, albeit not perfectly but still patched. Shattered was irreparable. Broken was shards. Shattered was broken shards—smaller than shards. A thousand pieces, almost like dust, hard to put back together.

Shattered was Jungkook. Shattered was Seokjin. Shattered were both of them.

Seokjin who laid unmoving as his whole body burned in pain, his whole being in disgust. Jungkook who could do nothing but cry and blame himself. Because he couldn’t save him on time. Because he didn’t know how to fix this, what to do. He didn’t know how to approach Seokjin without the other flinching from his touch.

Shattered were both of them. Both of them were shattered.

 Either way, they were all sad. And the only one satisfied was none other than the demon himself—Jungkook’s father.


This was cruel. I know. You may throw stones at me, I confess my sins and am ready to atone for them. This is the end of the flashback but it’s not the full story of the past yet. The other part of the past will be revealed in Seokjin’s point of view. Which is not coming so soon.

Summary

JinKook were imprisoned by Jungkook’s father as he kept experimenting them. He regularly takes blood samples from the two of them and has expanded his experimentation. Apparently, true to his prediction last chapter, Luhan wiped out the entire population of the town and the survivors were used for this experiment.

A few vague weeks later, he suddenly changes his treatment to JinKook and nurses them back to health. Jungkook immediately catches that the man wants something from them so he tries to force him to confess and beating him up in the process. However he stopped when Seokjin’s nose suddenly bled. It was then revealed that Jungkook’s father experimented on Seokjin so that their senses were one and if Jungkook’s father got hurt, Seokjin would get hurt as well. But it was only one way as Seokjin getting hurt won’t affect his father.

Because of that, Jungkook was forced to follow his father’s commands if he wanted Seokjin safe (makes you understand why he was extremely pissed in the previous chapters that Seokjin’s life was once again used to make him obey). He started doing crimes under his father’s orders and this made him think he was a demon and feared for Seokjin’s rejection.

Eventually Seokjin learned about his deeds and at first, he rejected Jungkook. But eventually, he came to forgive him and they comforted each other. (Insert me trying to fast progress the story with flowery words and basically I hint that they had )

JK’s father thinks that Jungkook became less productive after that as he always gives his time to Seokjin so he decided to punish them by trapping Jungkook in a room where he had to fight other people to the death at the same time a video is being played live where Seokjin is slowly getting .

In the end, I broke them.

Sorry for the log summary I at it.

Author’s Note

By next chapter, we’re back to where we left off from the present. At least this chapter gives a background to Jungkook’s character. Why he’s so protective and all that. But there’s more to it once the whole history is revealed.

Thank you for reading! And if you want to burn me at the stake, let me know. I’ll light the fire for you.

—Chrysallion