Chapter 4

Miracle

A/N: I was slightly sad that the previous chapter didn't get that many comments/views:( Hopefully, this one will get some! 

“So when are you guys going to get an ultrasound for the baby? I want to know what color clothes to get for it.” Zhoumi had said one day, eager as ever for any reason to go out shopping.

“Hyungggg!!! DID YOU JUST CALL MY BABY AN “IT”?!” The usually sweet eternal maknae had screeched. A pregnant Ryeowook was certainly a force to be reckoned with. In the past few weeks alone, he had often gone from being all sunshines and smiles one minute, to having an expression as bad as a thunderstorm the next.

Sensing that his lover would be turning on the waterworks any moment soon, Kyuhyun immediately intervened. “Who cares about what Zhoumi says. Let’s go get ready now ok Ryeong. Don’t you want to see aegi soon?” Their appointment was actually that day in the afternoon, but Kyuhyun had deemed it fit to bring Ryeowook out of the dorms earlier to avoid any potential meltdowns.

“Give me a moment. I’ll be ready soon”. He walked off, leaving Kyuhyun and Zhoumi in the living room.  “Sorry about just now Hyung. Wookie has been quite emotional recently.” “Aniyo, it’s fine. He’s always been so sweet and nice to all of us. This is a change for us all. Just get us pictures of the little miracle ok.”

Ryeowook then came out of their room, dressed in a baggy shirt to hide his tummy, even though it wasn’t exactly all that visible yet. The company had outright stated that he was to hide the pregnancy. They didn't want the media to find out and make a fuss over it, which could end up affecting the sales of the group and their activities. It wasn’t something that Kyuhyun agreed with. Ryeowook carrying his child was one of the happiest moments in his life. Why did he have to be subject to the views of the public? After all, the true fans would always support them, no matter what happened.

SUJU~SUJU~SUJU

Lying on the examination bed, the couple waited with bated breath. “It may be slightly cold”. Yet, Ryeowook took no heed of it. He was waiting anxiously to see the baby. Dr Jung had begun the examination and was rolling the transducer over Ryeowook’s tummy. “Over there, you can see the baby.” Looking towards the screen, Ryeowook teared up. “Anyeong aegi ah” He waved, while tears of joy rolled down his cheeks. Kyuhyun wiped his silly lover’s tears off, and held his free hand. Their moment was briefly interrupted by Dr Jung’s question of whether they wanted to find out the baby’s gender. “Aniyo, we want it to be a surprise. Either way, aegi is a blessing for us from God”. The answer was quick and firm. They had already decided on this the previous night.

“Dr Jung, is it possible for us to have some photos of aegi?” Kyuhyun had immediately asked, wanting to share the joy with the other members.

“Of course, I’ll print some off for you guys. In the meantime, Ryeowook-ssi can clean up.”

Passing the photos over, Dr Jung has also advised them of the do’s and don’ts for the next few months. “And if you have any questions, just drop me a call!” He had helpfully called out, as they left the office.

SUJU~SUJU~SUJU

Heading back to the dorms, Kyuhyun had no choice but to make a detour. Just less than 5 minutes ago, he had been cutely accosted by Ryeowook. He had insisted that aegi had wanted ice-cream, and then proceeded to do aegyo until Kyuhyun had agreed to it. “Two scoops please!” the smaller had quickly said when it was their turn to order. Well, he was eating for two! Kyuhyun merely shoke his head at the cuteness of it all, completely forgetting to place his own order, and then insisting on sharing Ryeowook’s. The two ended up sharing a sweet afternoon.

A/N: Sooo, what gender do you guys want the baby to be? Nothing is fixed in stone yet so comments can affect this:) And baby names too!