Chapter 1

Miracle

It wasn’t often that the Super Junior members were gathered for a meal. Heck that, it was rare for them to even be gathered in the dorms as each was busy with their schedules. It was only for special occasions that they gathered nowadays. Today was one of those special occasions.

 

For the whole afternoon, Ryeowook had been bustling around in the kitchen, much to the chagrin of his bandmate and boyfriend. He had prepared the hyungs’ favourite dishes to distract them from the very purpose that they were gathered for- to hear the news that he and Kyuyun were about to announce.

“Really Ryeong, stop worrying. I’m sure they’ll take it well. You really shouldn’t be tiring yourself out. Especially now.” Kyuhyun had repeated himself for the umpteenth time that day, while he looked at his tiny boyfriend.

 

Ryewook merely ignored his whining.

 

Later that evening, the two were just setting the table when Ryeowook remembered the wine. ‘Kyu, go get the wine out.” It was to serve as a distraction, in hopes that the rest would be too drunk to actually take notice of what they were about to announce. “Fine, but you’re not to drink any alright.” With that, they finished the dinner preparations and settled down to wait for their guests.

 

Less than 10 minutes later, the doorbell had already rung, heralding the arrival of the other members. “Looking good there maknaes.” “Get in already!” It was chaos as usual when they were all gathered back in the dorms. Everyone was spread out, with Kyu starting to pass out the wine and ushering them all to the dining table.

 

Halfway throught the meal, Leeteuk had clapped for silence. “Well, since all of us are already gathered here, I’ll just make the announcement now. We will be preparing for our next concert starting next week. All you schedules have already been cleared so here’s to a good concert and practices ahead!” He ended off by proposing a toast. Wine glasses were lifted, while Ryeowook hastily shot Kyuhyun helpless glances. Kyuhyun merely motioned for him to lift up his water glass instead.

 

“Yah, Ryeowook ah, is this how you toast? Where’s your wine?” Heechul had spotted the switcheroo at once. It was unusual for Ryeowook not to toast, since he was the group’s 4th strongest drinker. “I.. I” Before he could go any further, he felt Kyuhyun’s hand taking his. “Actually, Ryeong and I have an announcement to make too.” His boyfriend had interjected, sensing his distress. “He won’t be drinking now, or anytime in the near future. Ryeonggu is pregnant!” The announcement was hastily made by Kyuhyun.

Words of congratulations flowed all round, with applause and cheers being heard. “Looks like you really scored this time huh maknae?” Eunhyuk had teased. On the other hand, Leeteuk was seen with teary eyes. “My babies are gonna have a baby now…”

 

As the news sunk in, the realisation also hit Leeteuk. “Everybody, you all must be more careful around Ryeowook now ok. We don’t want to accidently end up hurting him and the baby. That means no more fooling around in the dorms, no more water pranks, and most importantly, stop asking Wookie to do all the cooking and household chores!”

 

Looks like it was going to be a long 9 months ahead indeed.