The past

Trust

It's weekend and will be a busy day for Angel Floriography. Jung Hyuk like being busy. He really like to meet customer. He even do the delivery himself. After he made the deliveries, he bump into someone.

"Aish! Are you blind? Where do you put your eyes huh?" he yelled.

Jung Hyuk look at him and he saw a women next of him. He know her and she take off her sunglasses.

"What a surprise seeing you Jung Hyuk. It's been a long time. Ah darling, meet my ex-boyfriend Phoenix. You heard that name before right?" said Ha Na.

Phoenix. It's been long time he didn't heard someone calling him that. 

"Phoenix? You mean.. Ah, it's an honor to meet you. Please apologize for my rudeness." He immediately bow in front of Jung Hyuk. 

"He no longer in gang, so darling you don't need to respect him. So how is your normal life? Are you still doing that flower thing?" Ha Na asked with sarcastic tone. 

Jung Hyuk don't mind it since he know Ha Na very well. Jung Hyuk just smile at her. 

"I'm enjoying selling flowers. I don't regret it. Good to see you Ha Na. I need to go. I have another delivery to do. I'll see you." Jung Hyuk bid farewell and just walked without turning back. 

"Why should we meet again? I don't even want to see your face again." Ha Na shouting and make people looking at them

She still the same. He thought she had change but it seem she won't. He never expected to meet her. It's been 13 years. She made him remember their past.

"Jung Hyuk, stay focused." said Jung Hyuk to himself. 

He continued to do the deliveries. It's past lunch hour. He started to feel hungry. He stop by at a famous noodle restaurant. It's recommended by Philip. He ordered a naengmyeon(cold noodles). After ordering, he checks his phone. There were a message from Jae Hyeon. 

"This is my lunch menu today. How about you? What do you having for lunch?" 

She having jjamppong(spicy noodle soup) and he having naengmyeon. What a coincidence that both of them having noodle for lunch. He waited for his naengmyeon to show her. 

"This is my lunch. I'll bring you here since this place is so famous of their noodles. It's their speciality."

Jae Hyeon on her phone and it's a message from Jung Hyuk. She gulp her saliva seeing the picture that Jung Hyun send. She replied his message.

"Stop copying my menu." 

Jung Hyuk smiled. He didn't expect she will response that. He texting her.  

"Stop delusion. It's just a coincidence. One of my man introduce me this restaurant. So I stopped by before continuing the delivery." 

"Fine. Enjoy your late lunch. Don't choke."

"I need someone to accompany me tonight. Would you mind to join me?"

"Sure. Where?"

"At our first meeting."

He waiting for her response for 5 minutes. Probably she don't want to go there. He about to text her, suddenly she called him. 

"Hello." 

"I'll meet you at Vortex River's parking lot. There must be a good reason why you want me to be with you. I'll see you tonight." said Jae Hyeon.

"Thanks. Meet me at 10:30 p.m. I'll be done working at 10:00 p.m." Jung Hyuk gave her the time. 

"Only 30 minutes to reach at Vortex? Don't you need to change and bring your fishing tools? I'm sure you going there for fishing." she can't believe he manage to do that. He is not a superhero that have superpower. 

"I can change at my shop. I always kept my fishing tool at my shop. My shop it's like my second house." said Jung Hyuk. 

"Fine. I'll see you tonight." 

He surprise that she agree to come. Especially that place will remind her about what she did. He is not being himself after meeting Ha Na. He need someone to talk with after work. He continued working. 

After arriving home, Jae Hyeon looking for a clothes to wear for tonight. She need to bring mosquito repellent, a head lamp, a fold chair and a book. She need to prepare some foods. Kimbap is an easy food to eat and bring.

It's 10:00 p.m., Jung Hyuk closed his shop. He take a shower and put his fishing tools inside his vehicle. Her house to Vortex River it takes 15 minutes. He remembers that. He shouldn't be late. 

"Lots of car tonight since it's weekend. I wondered if his spot is available. Talk about his spot, that night I'm sure I don't see anyone." Jae Hyeon talking to herself. She look at her watch, it's 10:30 p.m. Will he be late? 

Knock. Knock. She startles. She put her hand at her chest. She opened her door and try to kick him but Jung Hyuk have a good reflex and he managed to nudge. 

"Yah! You scared me to death." 

"What? It's just a small knocking. You are the one that easy to get surprise." said Jung Hyuk. 

"Ugh. It's feel like having a heart attack."

"Ha ha ha. Stop the drama. Let's go." Jung Hyun walk ahead. 

"Yah, Jung Hyuk. Hold on. I need to take my bags." 

"Hurry up." he stand still and wait for her. He look at her and she did came prepared.

After 2 minutes walking, they reaches his spot. She looked at him and she look around. No wonder he can see her but she can't see him. It's hideous. 

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" asked Jung Hyuk. 

"I understand why that night I can't see you. I did check before walk in the river." said Jae Hyeon. 

"Don't talk about it. I bring an extra chair but you already had one." Jung Hyuk tried to change subject. 

"I used to follow my uncle for fishing. He use to fishing there. So I know what to prepare. While you fishing, I'll read a book. I bring kimbap and juices. I'm sure you bring your own coffee."

"Yes I did." Jung Hyuk smile.

He prepared to fishing. Jae Hyeon take out her book from her bag and her head lamp. She starts reading.

"I always come here to clear out my mind. To think. Sometimes for fun. Tonight I need someone to talk. I can't bring Chae Yeong because she will nagging. That's not good when you are fishing." said Jung Hyuk.

"Go on. I'm listening." 

"Today I meet my ex-girlfriend, Ha Na. My first girlfriend after 13 years I didn't see her. I remembered she approached me and boldly want me to be her boyfriend. Her brother is a loan shark and offered me a job. I just need to scared people and beat them up if they don't paid on time. She gave me a nickname, Phoenix. Until now I don't know why she chose that. I'm not proud of my past but at that time I'm enjoying doing my job since I'm good in fights. I even move out from home so my parents won't know about my job. One day, I been beaten alone. I was unconscious. A homeless man, his name Min Gyu. He take care of me. Can you believe that, he don't have enough money but he treated my wounds. I hardly to move. My phone and wallet been stolen. So I stay with him for 3 days. Be with him, I can see that they shared foods with each other. I learn to be humble because of them. I told him I need to go home and he agreed since I'm getting better. I call my parents to fetch me. My parents was shocked seeing my condition. I get a proper treatment and told them everything. After heals, my father offered a job to Min Gyu hyung and some of his friends that help me. Then I when to meet Ha Na's brother and I told him what happened. I even told him I want to get out from the gang. He said I need to paid him. He gave me the amount and I told my father about it. I never thought he would paid full. I got out from the gang and I need to repaid my father back so he ask me to work with his friend. He is the owner of Brand New Florist Nursery. That's when I started to love flowers and open my own business." explained Jung Hyuk. 

"You should write a book about your life." Jae Hyeon joking. 

"I need to meet a good writer to do that." Jung Hyuk play along with her jokes.

"I'm sure they won't do it even for free. So from your experience, you want to help others. It's alright if you want to help them but it's like you take it personally and make it like it was your responsibility. I know this because you do that until now toward me." said Jae Hyeon.

Jung Hyuk believes it's like a habit of him. Both of them suddenly quite. Jae Hyeon continue reading her books and let Jung Hyuk thinking and fishing. Jung Hyuk manage to catch crucian carp and coreoleuciscus splendidus. He check his watch. It's past 11:30 p.m. He can't make she stay out late. He looking at her and she still reading. He realises he likes her been around him. He feel so close with her. Jae Hyeon can sense that Jung Hyuk looking at her. She looked at him.

"What?" Jae Hyeon asked him with uneasy tone.