Passed out

Spring Love

“You’re living in the surgery room or what?” Sehun asks Jiyoung who just entered the on-call room, she has two surgeries already that day.

“Yeah, literally, you know me.” Jiyoung lays down on the sofa, “You should have just leave it to Baekhyun, he got it.” Sehun says again. “What about you then, Ohsen? You should stop criticizing me when you’re literally a nocturnal surgeon who do the surgeries after the sun’s down?” they both mocking at each other.

It’s been two months since Sehun joins Jiyoung and Baekhyun in that hospital. They’re a great friends and have been hanging around a lot.

“Come on, let’s go outside and eat.” Seun pulls her shirt and she follows him to the staffs’ cafeteria. “You and your big stomach.” she mutters as both of them laugh together.

While they’re eating in the dining area, Baekhyun comes in a hurry. “Guys,” he finally sits right next to Jiyoung. “What?” Sehun and Jiyoung ask him at the same time, “One of you should cover me today, pleaseeee …..” Baekhyun begs them and Sehun just shakes his head. “Come on, you don’t want to find my remains right next to the big dumpster in this hospital.” Baekhyun says again, “What happens?” Jiyoung casually asks him while keep eating.

“My wife is pregnant now, so you do realize things are different, right?” Baekhyun asks and the other two just shakes their head, “Come onnnnnn, I need to come home fast now. She’s going to kick me out of the bedroom if I don’t coming home, bring a big bowl of jajjangmyeon and boxes of ice creams in thirty minutes.” Sehun and Jiyoung are laughing at him. “Okay, okay, but you owe me a dinner.” Jiyoung finally nods and Baekhyun squels happily.

“I love you Kim Jiyoung~ See you guys!” Baekhyun runs to the parking lot.

---

“Okay, let’s start now.” Jiyoung says, “What happen to this patient, Dr.Min?” Jiyoung asks one of her intern. “He has an aortic aneurysm. So ….” the intern tells the procedure that they’re going to do, “Okay, give me the scalpel ….” Jiyoung says and the surgery starts.

Sehun enters a glass room that could look over the surgery room and eyeing the process. He watches the surgery through the monitor.

“Okay, then ….We have to open up the …” suddenly the machine starts beeping, “Doctor! There’s a bleeding!” an intern says and Jiyoung can see the blood flooding out. “Doctor!” an intern says to her and she tries to stops the bleeding but her left wrist didn’t helping much, “Are you okay, doc?” a nurse asks her and she just nods. “The blood is flooding now, doc.” Jiyoung looks around and the patient starts losing his blood pressure. She remembers something, “Wait, give me the CT scan again please.” Jiyoung says and she widens her eyes.

“Porcelain aorta ….” Sehun mutters. He stands up and looks at Jiyoung worriedly. Jiyoung then realize his presence, “I’m going to be okay. You just sit and watch,” Jiyoung says while pointing him with her scalpel. Sehun sighs, he already knows how big her ego is so he let her to do her own thing and back to sits again.

“Now, I need to open the left chest and we’ll find the aorta right under the chest,”  Jiyoung says, “Doesn’t opening the left chest will cause a heart-attack, doc?” an intern asks her. “Trust me, “ Jiyoung  says, “Ouch!” she threw a clamp to the floor much shock to everyone.

“Doctor?” everyone getting worried about her left wrist, “I’m okay, now, help me to open the left chest and stops the bleeding.” Jiyoung says although she’s in pain.

They successfully opened the left chest and stops the bleeding, “Now, the only problem is the size of the artery in the kidney and the artificial blood vessel aren’t match so we have no other choice other than make an artificial artery.” Jiyoung says, the interns all nodding in understanding manner. “Done, perfect. Now let’s close up and go home,” Jiyoung takes a glance to Sehun upstairs before continues the surgery.

---

“The surgery went well, we’ll see his recovery when he wakes up.” Jiyoung says to the family of the patient, “Thank you, Dr.Kim.” they say and she just smiles and bows to excuse herself.

“That was amazing,” Sehun comes out of nowhere says and she just laughs, “Thank you, for worrying about me, I think.” Jiyoung says as they are walking to the on-call room to take a rest. “But what happened with your left wri—yah!” Sehun becomes panic when she suddenly passed out right in front of him.

---

Jiyoung wakes up in the on-call room’s sofa. She looks around and doesn’t really remember anything about why she faints.

“You’re holding your pains too hard, you should take a rest.” Sehun enters the room with a medicine and a glass of water. Jiyoung just staring at him, Sehun takes a seat right next to her. “Here, your painkiller.” Sehun says, Jiyoung takes it and drinks it. “Thanks,” she says and looks at her left wrist, Sehun put the glass away and grab her wrist. She winches a bit, “You had a wrist fracture before?” he asks and she nods. “Smith’s fracture, falling onto flexed wrist.” Jiyoung explains, “Woah, what happened?” he asks. She stayed silent a couple minutes, “I had a car accident, a fatal one.” she answers.

---