What?

Spring Love

Jiyoung comes to the hospital, she spends her night at home and comes back to the hospital next morning. “Times for the VIP ward, baby.” Baekhyun says as he takes the charts from the nurse station. “Okay, let’s go, kids.” Jiyoung says to her interns, “Your first time in VIPs wards?” Jiyoung then asks Sehun who also joins them. “Yeah,” Sehun answers her, “Keep calm, you’re gonna love it here.” Baekhyun laughs as they are walking to the VIP wards on 15th floor.

---

“So am I going to be okay?” Jiyoung nods, “You’re going to be okay, Mr.Lee. Don’t worry, you can take your child to the zoo next week.” she says while smiling. “So the surgery success?” Mrs. Lee asks her, “Yes, you don’t have to worry, Mrs.Lee.” Jiyoung says again. “I see that Mr.Lee’s recovery is fast as he’s a fighter, you’ll be alright soon.” Jiyoung says and check the patient’s chart.

“I love taking my son to the zoo too before,” Jiyoung says and Baekhyun quickly takes a glance at her, “He asks me to allow him having a lion as a pet after watching The Lion King.” Jiyoung says again while smiling. “Really? Ours too, I told him a couple of times that he’s being ignorant about how dangerous lion could be. All he knows is just the lion in the movie.” Mr.Lee says while laughing.

“So, how old is your son now?” Mrs.Lee asks Jiyoung and she stops smiling. “Excuse me, is there anything wrong?” Mrs.Lee asks her worriedly. Jiyoung comes back to reality, “Ah, yeah. Everything is fine. Well then, you can discharge this week, Mr.Lee. We’ll see you later, excuse me.” Jiyoung says and excuse them.

“Why did you do that?” Baekhyun asks her as soon as they stepped out of the last room in VIP wards.

“You guys can get back to your own thing, Dr.Byun, come with me.” Jiyoung says and Sehun looks at the two of them who entered her room.

“What happened with Dr.Kim?” one of the interns asks curiously, “You don’t know? Dr.Kim had a husband and a five years old son who died in a car accident back in States.  She’s the only survivor in the accident.” one of the interns says and Sehun overhears it.

‘What?’

---

“I’m sorry … I—I just ….” Jiyoung can’t say anything and feels like she’s going to cry. “You can’t keep blaming yourself, okay? You can’t let it haunting you down, we’ve been through this together and you promise to not letting your guards down.” Baekhyun holds her shoulders and she starts to cry.

“Calm down, breathe. You can through this,” Baekhyun says and she tries to composes herself, “You can do this,” she nods. “I’m sorry ….” she says as she feels better.

“You know you can’t live without me, right?” Baekhyun jokes and she just laughs, “Okay, you and your beagle-ness.” Jiyoung says as they walks out from her room.

---