After All This Time

Smoke

- THIS IS BREAKING NEWS Girl Group F(x) members decides no to re-new their contract SM Entertainment and throught their personal accounts they publicly announce their 
disbandment-

"I'd like to raise a toast." All of the people who attended stood up and raised their glasses. "Thank you for every one who attended this very special event. As you may have heard on the news, our girls-" Manager Bear looked at the 4 familiar figures standing by to each other. "Have mutually decided that it's best for their group if they would go on  their separate ways." He says. "I know that some of us may disagree of their decision but I think it'll be best if we all support them, just how we have supported them when they were assign to us."

"Oppa..." A stylist unnie tried to stop her tears.

"Girls, thank you for the a beautiful decade with us. I will never forget all the things we did, and being with you guys will always be with us. No matter where life takes you." He stops the tears threatning to fall from his eyes. "Cheers to you girls."

"Cheers!"


Manager bear was enveloped with a hug by the 4 girls whom he watched them grow. Suddenly another pair of arms joined the group hug and they all turned around to see Sulli with the fruity smile just like how she did before. The other staffs also hugged and wished them well for their future endeavors. 

After a few photo ops, the entire F(x) family went on with the Karaoke together with Luna, Sulli and Victoria who were clearly drunk after drinking everything they could possibly lay their hands on. Good thing that they weren't the only ones, the staff and their managers had the same mood as well.

While everyone was busy enjoying the party. Amber stood there with a beer can in her hand as she happily laughs along together with her friends' antics and their way of drunk singing to trot songs. She shakes her head and finishes her drink and looked up in the sky and thought that it was a wonderful night. She decides to bid good bye to her colleagues and secretly went up to the establishment's rooftop where she saw a very familiar figure with her back facing her.

She approaches the figure and stood beside her. The other one noticed Amber's existence yet she chose to answer it with silence. Both of them preferred not to say anything for a few minutes and just let the noise of their surrounding fill the silence between them.


"Do we always need to meet up like this?"

"Huh?"

Amber takes a look at her before shaking her head. "Never mind."

"Why are you here?" Krystal asks. "I thought you were enjoying the party downstairs."

"I did." She nods her head. "I just figured it was nice to look at the sky with you for the last time."

What Amber just said caught her off guard. "Y-y-you knew I was here?"

"I didn't, I just tried my luck." Amber still looks at the view. "It's kind of funny actually, I thought I'd open the door and find that you'd be smoking."

"Too bad, I just threw out the stick." Krystal giggles and takes a look at Amber only to find out she wasn't happy. "I was just kidding! I'm trying to stop smoking. I'm even seeing a doctor about it."

"That's good. It's better if you have some outlet." Amber says. "So how is it going?"

"Hmmm. It was so hard at first, I even cheated and still went on with smoking but-"

"But what?"

"Anni, it's embarassing."

"Eyyy, why are you being shy now?" She says. "I never judged you then why would I judge you now? C'mon tell me, why did you continued smoking?"

"It somehow reminded me of us." Amber wad dumbfounded. "Every hit I take, every puff I release, every smoke I inhaled, I remember the old us." She answers. "The old us who didn't end up who we are right now."

"O-oh."

"But it's also the reason why I had to stop smoking." She looks down on her shoes. "I don't want myself to be reminded me of us."

"Krys, we both made our decisions." Amber says. "Don't act like I didn't fight for you."

"I know, I know... That's why I am standing by my decision, that's why I am getting better, that's why I want to stop smoking Am."

Amber sighs. "I guess this is really the last time that we could stop the time together huh."

"I guess it really is." She was unsure, but she somehow heard the sadness in Krystal's voice.


The two of them were again finding themselves trapped in the moment. Both of them looked up, and they watched as the stars in the sky seemed like they stopped shining, the noise from their surrounding slowly faded away and just like how things were before, she felt the time stopped. She takes a look at Krystal, the one she fell in love with for the very first time, the person who she has been with for the past years of her life. She watched as she fixes her hair, closes her eyes and inhaled the deepest that she could possibly do and release it all at once.

Krystal opened her eyes and turned around to meet with a pair of black eyes. She watches Amber, with her blonde hair and her masculine charisma. How she would look back at her and how it would feel like they were talking to one another. She watched as the latter places her hands inside her pockets, a habit that she noticed whenever the tomboy would feel nervous or disappointed. She looked up once again to meet her eyes, but now Amber adds it with a smile on her face. To Krystal, it felt like she was disappointed that things had to end, but she just decided to smile and let it all go and respect her decision.

It kind of makes sense to Krystal since she knew Amber was always like this. She would always give way to her likes, cravings, choices and decisions. She never heard any objection from Amber, even when she told her that she was going to marry Kai.

 


"M-marry?" Amber blinked. "You're going to marry that man?"

"He proposed to me yesterday, it was an intimate event. We were having a family dinner."

"A family dinner? With both of your families there?"

"Y-yes."

"So your parents finally decided to accept him huh." She says. "It must've been wonderful Krystal, I bet you were in tears and he was too the moment you said yes. In fact, let's add everyone in the picture! Your family cried, his did the same thing and even Tyler! That man probably showed his crocodile tears huh?" She said with much sarcasm.

"I'm sorry..." She managed to say.

"Here I am fighting and risking everything I have for you and you just had to drop another bomb at me huh." Amber shakes her head. "You should've told everyone you were engaged to him earlier. After all, you were being clingy to him to make him jealous right?" Krystal didn't managed to say a thing. "This is all ed up."

"I'm sorry." She says again. "But choosing him, staying by his side forever is for the best for all of us."

She didn't heard a thing from Amber for a while. "Okay, since it feels like you have really decided that you want to marry that guy instead of me, I'd respect that." She utters. "If this is what you want, if this is what you really want to do and it's your decision, I'll go by it."

Hearing Amber agree with her decision broke her heart and some tears even fell from her eye. "T-thank you."

"I'm going to try to be unselfish too and try my best to focus with Soyeon. Who knows, I may end up marrying her right?" They looked at one another. "Good night Krys. I'll see you at practice."


 

Her phone started buzzing and it stopped her from reminiscing. "Hello?"

"Where are you? Are you still there at the party?" It was Kai.

"Yeah I'm still here."

"Are you with them?"

"I took a breather here at the rooftop. You know how my head aches whenever it's too noisy."

"I just finished practice. I'm going to head down there and pick you up would you like that?" He asks. "Or I could just head home and see you tomorrow."

"N-no, you can head down and pick me up. The party's almost finished anyways."

"Okay, I'll see you in a minute."

"See you." She ends the call and looks at Amber. "It looks like-"

"Hey baby wassup?" Amber was on the phone too. "Party's good, I just stepped out because you called." She answers. "Yeah sure, of course. Right, I'll go grab it... No, no, no. I'm going to get it now." Amber looks at Krystal. "I'm coming home anyways... Alright bye."

Krystal was the first one to look away. "W-was it Soyeon?"

"Yes, she told me to buy some kimchi when I get home because unfortunately Henry ate all of it." She chuckles.

"You seem happy."

"I am." She smiles. "I guess it's true what they say... You get happier when you're not selfish."

"I guess so too." She smiles timidly.

"I should head down, gonna say good bye to the girls and leave." She says. "Want to leave together?"

"It's okay, you should head out first."

"Okay, good night Krys. I uh- I'll see you around?" She scratches the back of her neck.

"Good night Am, I'll see you around."


Amber nervously chuckles and leaves the place. When the door closed, Krystal was then reminded of the way how Amber left her all alone in the fire exit. She turned around looking at the view and thought about what Amber had said if choosing to be unselfish really makes you happier... She only came up with one answer.

"No Amber, you don't feel happier when you become unselfish." She says. "You feel like ."


 

"Aigoo, it's been a while unnie."

"It really has been a while Amber." She smiles. "Order what you want it's on unnie."

"Oh, seems to me like it's very familiar with me." She chuckles and tells the waitress her order.

"Yah, when was the last time we talked?"

"2 to 3 years ago? Right before you left the country and after your group disbanded."

"And now we meet again when your group has disbanded."

"Ahhh, so you saw the news as well?"

"Well everybody in the world knows it now."

"I know, I've shut down my phone after talking to you."

"Amber tell me what exactly happened?"

"The management treated us like experiments and now the research has concluded."

"Don't say that."

"It's the reality unnie."

"You guys are one of the best girl groups out there and you're genre is so unique that I love and I'd always be curious as to what you guys were gonna show up. Your album track can all be title tracks, fashion on point, aesthetic on point and every shoot of your music videos can be considered as art. You guys never fail to suprise your colleagues and your fans."

Amber blushes at the compliments. 

"T-thank you unnie."

"Well it's just the truth."

"It's also the truth that our group has reached the limit. We've done what we needed and now it's time for the younger generation to take over the industry and steal the fans' hearts. Plus, the disbanding was a mutual decision for the four of us so no hard feelings and we promised to remain contact." She smiles. "Last night we even got a get together for all of our staffs and managers. Sulli was there too, including our parents and everybody. It was like our debut performance and just like that day, yesterday was a day to remember as well. My idol days may be over but my passion for music will never end."

"Here's your order."

"Oh thank you." She smiles.

"So what are your plans now?"

"I'm gonna make my own recording company."

Yuri's eyes widen. 

"WHAT? A recording label like SM?"

"That's my benchmark, but of course, it'd be nice to surpass them." She smiles. "I've been going to school and studying what I need to and I've also gome some savings and my trust fund remained untouched so it'll probably help me purchase a land somewhere downtown. Along with some of my investments, I'd really put up a building real soon."

"You don't need to rush, you know a lot of people here and I think you're going to do an excellent job CEO Liu." Yuri wiggles her eyebrows up and down.

"Eyyy unnie! Don't jinx the plan." Both of them chuckled.

"So how are things between you and Krystal?" She sips her drink. "I hope you guys are going to be married soon."

"Unnie... You're really behind the gossips here."

"Why? Are you guys already married? Because I'd really be pissed."

"She's getting married but not to me, to Kai."

"MWO!?" That caught the attention of the entire coffees house so she stands up and bows down before taking her seat again.

 "I'm sorry what?!"

"Haish unnie." She ruffles her hair. "Alright, alright. I'll tell you the story."

 

So Amber narrates the story of how they had broken up because Amber was too focused on her own career and while Krystal was seeking for attention, she found it in another's company and how they tried to be professional around one another but they'd still messed up everything.

 

"When I finally told her that she's still the one I love and I was ready to leave everything behind for her she tells me that it was going to be her turn to be a bigger person by giving me the happiness I deserve."

"And she does that by marrying Kai?"

"Only because she didn't want to hurt them... And she told me that she saw me really happy with her so I should just focus on it and forget about everything we've been through and just remember that this was for the best."

"And are you still with your girlfriend?"

"Yup but things are getting shaky."

"So why don't you tell Krystal? Why don't you fight for her?"

"Because I didn't want to bother her anymore. It was her decision not to be with me, and I am done forcing things. What's bound to happen will eventually happen. I'm done fighting against the current so I am just gonna go along with it." She looks at Yuri. "Even you got tired of fighting unnie. That's why you're here right?"

"M-mine's totally a different one." She looks away.

"Either way they both made their decisions and it's time to make our own."

"Guess... I guess you're right about that one."

"But you know what I said to Krystal unnie? The last time we talked?" Yuri looks at her and encourages her to continue. "That she'll always be my smoke."


The four girls started making their own marks in the country. Victoria decided that it would be best-fitting if she goes back home and start her career there as an actress which she did and fortunately the China market has welcomed her with open arms. Luna on the other hand started making more musicals and collaborations as many entertainment agency are lined up for hers to take but she decides that she'll choose one later on. Krystal has practically been all over the world doing photoshoots, campaign ads and only comes back home whenever she's doing a drama. Amber, decided to make things a reality and has been working hard to make her own entertainment company work.

Krystal and Amber never spoke ever since that farewell night because ever since that night, Krystal flew miles away to go back to the States and do some soul-searching there for a few months before coming back to Seoul and finish her long list of endorsements. Amber on the other hand has been focused non-stop to achieve her dream and to prove that she could do it on her own. The two of them tried to contact one another, Amber would sometimes open her messages and she would see Krystal being online a few times. She would click on the latter's icon and would type a "Hi." or "Wassup" but ended up cancelling it and messing her hair up in frustration.

Krystal actually does the same. She even would be more stupid because she'd accidentally like Amber's instagram post or she would comment on it without her mind working properly and when she eventually regain her consciousness, she would let out a scream that would surprise her friends, sister or even staff.

 

"Yah! Why did you scream?!" Jessica asked after rushing to her sister's room.

"N-n-nothing. I just did something stupid."

Jessica shakes her head. "So what is it this time? A like or a comment?"

"Oooh! Did auntie became stupid again?" Little Yuri also enters the room.

"YAH!" Krystal glares at Jessica's daughter. "Where did you learn to say those words?"

"Well duh? You practically mention it from time to time whenever I am here." The kid rolls her eyes. 

"Where did your daughter learned to be sassy?"

"She's a Jung. You two should've figured it out already."

"Appa!"

"Come here you." Yuri engulfs the little kid around her arms. "Hey babe."

"Hey you." Jessica kisses her. "How was gym?"

"Hectic, but it was worth it."

"EXCUSE ME LOVE BIRDS I AM STILL HERE!"

"Aigoo, does our little princess wants kisses too?" Yuri cooed.

"Shall we give them to you princess?" And they started mooching kisses on their child's face.

"EWWWWWW!"

"Come on princess, you too are sweaty, let's take a bath together!"

"Hey count me in!"

Yuri smiles lovingly at Jessica. "Then it's a family bath then!"

Krystal looked at them so enviously. "Soojung-ah?"

"D-dae?"

"Call Tiffany, she said she wants to talk to you about something."

"Oh okay." Jessica leaves and Krystal calls her sister's bestfriend. "Hello? Unnie?"

"KRYSSSS!" Krystal distances herself from the phone. "How are you sweetie."

"Good, I just dodged getting my eardrum destroyed."

The latter giggles. "Hey listen, drop by our house real quick your invitation's waiting here."

"Invitation?" She was curious. "What invitation?"

"For Jessica and Yuri's engagement party."

"Really?"

"Yes! Tonight!" She smiles. "Now drop by our house and have a little snack. Taeyeon's bakin' some cookies."

"And I'll be getting some cake for tonight!" Taeyeon screams and laughs in a grandmother way.

Krystal shakes her head. "Alright, got no stuff to do anyways."

"And Soojunggie~"

"Yes?"

"Give Amber her invitation too."


 

"Here's your invitation." Tiffany says.

"Why do you need some invitation? You could've just called everyone."

"I would do that, but this isn't my engagement party. This is for your sister, who is very traditional with all the invitation letters of all sort." Tiffany rolls her eyes. "That's for you and this one is for Amber."

"Why can't you give Amber hers? Or maybe let her drop by to your house just like what you did to me."

"She has some errands to do with me." Taeyeon says as she wiggles her brows in a very disturbing manner.

"First of all, ew. And second, I am only doing this for my sister's successful surprise engagement party."

"Okay, whatever. Now go."

 

 

"I hate myself." She mumbles as she closes the door.


Krystal dropped by the address that Taeyeon gave to her which in all honesty she didn't really need it. She already knew the address was, it was the abandoned building in one of downtown neighborhood in Seoul which the latter has been eyeing even when they were still idols.

She parked her car outside of the building and took a minute to look how much it changed. The exterior was pretty much blending in with the neighborhood, unlike the entertainment companies where they made sure that they would stand out. She remembered vividly when Amber told her that she would like her entertainment building to be very much normal. She didn't want it to stand out because if it would, then it would mean her artists can possibly be harassed or watched over. She knew how much an idol would have to sacrifice, including their privacy just to please the fans.

She enters the building and smiled a little when her little hunch was right. She looked at the interior and saw that everything was modern rustic. It was a beautiful mixture and it was unlike any other recording companies would have. An artist or a person, even an employee wouldn't get intimidated whenever they would enter the establishment, just like how Amber would have wanted.

 

"Hey!" Krystal snapped her head upwards and saw Amber leaning on the railing. "Sorry, did I surprised you?"

"No, why would I be surprised with that Llama face of yours?" She says.

Amber smiles. "Taeyeon unnie told me you were coming, while we're at it- wanna have a tour?"


 

"So down below is the reception area, and this side right here will be my coffee shop or a tea shop I don't know... And on this side, this will be somewhat be like a souvenir shop. Signed CD's, merchandises, everything you can get it there. Of course, they'd have to have some passes, not everyone can come here."

"Maybe you could give some space in front for the shop you're talking about. In that way, any fan can purchase and also, you would have a bigger lounge."

"I'm worrying about the parking area?"

"This building has a basement parking right? You can use that."

Amber looked at her with surprised. "How did you know that this building has an underground parking space?"

Krystal was surprised too. "Well... You see, these buildings in this neighborhood usually have one. Plus the one you bought is a commercial building. Clearly it had some parking space underneath it otherwise why would you purchase this building in the first place."

"Oh, right you're correct." Amber scratches the back of her neck. "So, shall we continue with the tour?"

Krystal internally sighed in relief. "Sure."


So Amber continued on giving Krystal the tour with Krystal giving suggestions and comments that Amber would surely take into consideration. While Amber is still the innocent Amber before, she didn't noticed how many times Krystal accidentally slipped. Because unknown to Amber, Krystal was actually updated with her life. Whether it was from their circle group of friends, from their fans or from the internet, even from Amber's Youtube account. For the first time in a long time, Krystal was actually thankful for that.

 

"So this is it. I know it's pretty rough draft but it's an on-going process. Atleast I have everything wired in. All I need now is the staff and my artists." Amber smiled to herself and looks at Krystal. "What do you think?"

"As long as you take into consideration everything I said, you would succeed."

Amber chuckles. "You know I'd take into consideration everything you say."

The two of them looked at one another. "W-w-excuse me?"

"B-b-because I know you're correct most of the times, you know me better than anyone else." Amber was surprised when she also slipped. "I mean-"

"Don't worry. I get what you mean stupid." 

"Ah, right of course." She nervously says.

"By the way, here you go."She hands the invitation. "Your attendance is a must, or else."

"Hahaha, that's Tiffany alright." She says. "Thank you for dropping this by, although I could've gotten it myself."

"Trust me, I told her the same, she argued the other way." Krystal says. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Actually, can I ask you one more favor?" Krystal raised her eyebrow and Amber showed her to the recording studio.

"Amber, what are we doing here?"

"You see, I've been active on the internet lately giving fans once in a while covers right?"

"Hmmm, I may have been tagged once or twice on my SNS." She says chicly.

Amber nods her head. "Well can you do it with me?"

"Huh?"

"Do a cover with me." She says.

"E-eh? But why would I do that?"

"For the fans... Don't you want them to be happy?"

"I do."

"Then do it with me, what one cover could do harm right? It's just us singing together."

"Oh Amber, I don't know..." She says hesitantly. "Singing is not my thing anymore."

"Are you kidding me?" She says. "Singing will always be your thing. Come on, let this cover decide whether singing is still your thing or not."

Krystal contemplated for a while. "F-f-fine. But! Just this once I will agree with you."

The latter jumped in the air. "Yes! Thank you."

 

Amber started setting up for their recording while Krystal just stood there silently fidgeting and getting nervous for various reasons. First, she haven't sung in a very very long time. Second, she's nervous about what the public would think and lastly, she's doing it with Amber. It was making her happy and nervous at the same time.

 

"Hey Krys c'mere." She taps the seat beside her.

"Okay."

The tomboy started tuning her guitar."So shall we?"

"Amber wait." She says. "I'm nervous."

"Nervous about what?"

"About this!This is so abrupt and I wasn't prepared... I also haven't sung in a very long time f.y.i."

"Krystal." Amber taps on her shoulder. "You're going to be fine. I know you're gonna do great and don't worry about not being able to sing in a very long time, I'll adjust to you okay?"

And just like before, Amber was able to calm Krystal down. "Okay. I can do this."

"Now that's more like it." She chuckles. "By the way- we're singing to Mine."

 

Amber clicked the live button and just after a few minutes. She started introducing herself and where's her current location and what's she's been up to lately together with updating the fans what's going on with the members and reading the comments. When she introduced Krystal as her guest for today's video, the view sky-rocketed up to the hundreds. Krystal did her greeting and they had some small talk before Amber letting them know what's the reason behind all of this.

 

"So everyone, I know you're wondering what is Krystal doing here so let me give Krystal the honors." She bowed down like Krystal was the princess.

The action made Krystal shy and chuckled. "Amber forced me to do a cover."

Amber on the other hand acted offended. "What?"

"You did earlier."

"Arra, arra... I really did. Only because I missed singing together with my band mates. Krystal just happened to be at the right time and the right place." She takes a look at the person beside her. "Right?"

Krystal just rolled her eyes. "Stupid." She says before pushing her playful. 

"With that, shall we start?"

"Okay." Krystal smiles. "We can start."


You so in' precious when you smile
Hit it from the back and drive you wild
Girl, I lose myself up in those eyes
I just had to let you know you're mine

Hands on your body, I don't wanna waste no time
Feels like forever even if forever's tonight
Just lay with me, waste this night away with me
You're mine, I can't look away, I just gotta say 

I'm so ing happy you're alive
Swear to God, I'm down if you're down all you gotta say is right
Girl anything I can do just to make you feel alright
Oh, I just had to let you know you're fine
Running circles 'round my mind
Even when it's rainy all you ever do is shine

You on fire, you a star just like Mariah
Man this feel incredible, I'll turn you into a bride, you're mine
Hands on your body, I don't wanna waste no time
Feels like forever even if forever's tonight
Just lay with me, waste this night away with me
You're mine, I can't look away, I just gotta say


And with the last word uttered, the last strum from Amber's guitar is slowly fading and with the stare that Krystal and Amber shared, time felt like it stopped. Although it felt like a really long time, it was actually not more than 5 seconds for Krystal was the one to first to look away and both of them acted casually until the entire live ended.


"So..."

"Um..."

"I... I have to go."

"Krystal wait." The latter was able to hold onto Krystal's hand. 

"Amber please."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have forced you. This was on me."

"No." She turned around and had this timid smile on her lips. "We both know we want this." She looks at Krystal. "Thank you Am, thanks to you, I was able to know that singing is still my thing."

It took her to get a response but Amber managed somehow, putting a smile on her lips and chuckled. "Told ya."

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Sure Krys. See you tomorrow."

 

While they thought that it was just a normal live video, the public and the media took it in a very different way. The video went viral in no time and before the day ended, the video could be seen from every different website and even had a 30-second appearance from their National News.

While some shared the positive comments about their friendship and reunion about the two ex-idols, some fans on the other hand, was able to see beyond the "friendship" and noticed the way that they looked at one another, that specific way that they looked to one another. Too bad, it wasn't the fans who noticed that.

 

 

"Soyeon I'm home." Amber says as she locks the door.

"Woof!"

"Hey Jackjack! Who's the good little baby huh?" She carried the dog while their cat walked back and forth in between her legs. "Omo, does Tuna wanted to be pet too?" She did the same thing as she looked at the dim-light condo. "Soyeon?"

 

She looked around the living area, as well as the kitchen but Soyeon couldn't be found. She scratched her head remembering that her partner didn't have much schedule today, just a few photoshoots and she would head home. She checked her phone if there were any messages coming from the latter but the most recent she received was the one who she got a few hours ago.

She just shrugged and entered their bedroom when she noticed that their balcony door was open. Amber placed her bag down and went outside to see her girlfriend sitting on the porch with her head leaning on top of her knees. The tomboy looked at her and studied her physical features and saw the her eyes were red, her shoulders would lift up every now and then and she didn't looked at her, even when she knew Amber was already home.

Amber slowly took a seat beside Soyeon and started to wonder if she had done anything wrong. She had to admit, ever since the confrontation with Krystal on the fire exit, her relationship with Soyeon hadn't been so healthy as it used to be. Soyeon would always doubt her actions and words. Whenever she would come home late, she would barge with a million of answers. Whenever Amber wouldn't answer her calls or texts, they would always end up in a fight. Tonight she felt different though, there were no calls, no doubts, no threats or a million questions, just Soyeon and the silence of the evening.

 

"I thought you weren't home, you weren't answering."

"Sorry, I just want to be alone."

"Oh." Amber says. "Should I leave you alone?" Soyeon shakes her head. 

"Remember the first time when you told me you love me?"

Amber tried recalling that memory. "We were on a restaurant that time right?"

"No, we were watching a movie. A suspense one and you told me that out of the blue." She says. "How about the time when you asked me to be your girlfriend, do you remember that too?"

"I just asked you simply."

"We were walking on a beach, talking about the normal life and you told me that your normal life would include having me as your girlfriend." She looked at Amber. "You didn't asked me, you told me you wanted to and I just agreed immediately."

"I'm sorry."

"I remembered the day when you told me that you chose me over her..." She trails off. "I felt relieved seeing you there waiting for me to finish my shoot and then we'd go to our favorite Japanese restaurant. When you chose me that night, I thought it was going to be like that for rest of the days to follow and believe me it did. We were in love in our own kind of way but when you found out that she was smoking, you were so concerned and that made me scared."

"Friends can care for one another."

"That was the problem Am, you wanted to save her like she wasn't your friend."

"I only acted that way because I felt I was responsible for her actions. If I didn't smoked around her earlier in our relationship, she wouldn't have gotten any clue."

"She can be old enough to be held responsible for her actions. It was her choice to put that stick in between , it was her choice to love him instead of you, it was her choice to leave you behind! Like she never loved you in the first place!" She says. "It was her all along to blame but why do you still feel like whatever she does, whatever she says, whatever she chooses it's comes back to you?"

"Because I'm the root of all of this." Amber answers. "If I only didn't make her feel that she was all alone in handling all of her burdens, if only I gave her a little bit more of my time instead of focusing on me, I would've been able to save her, to save us... All of us." She stands up. "If I only told Krystal that I was there, I would've been able to save Kai and you."

"But don't you get it Am? Not everything is about you. When Krystal chose to leave you for someone else, that was her own choice. When Kai chose to love Krystal that way you asked him to, that was his own choice. When I chose to love you! Even if-" Tears were falling from her eyes. "Even if I know it was a huge risk for me, I took that risk and it was my choice. People make their choices everyday and you have to let yourself go of this burden, of this feeling that you are accountable for other people's regrets!" She screams in frustration and faces the tomboy. "Let me be responsible for my choice, let Kai be responsible for his, Krystal for hers and yours for you."

"I'm sorry." She mumbles. "I'm sorry that I'm sorry is all I could ever say to you."

"People may saw the reunion of your friendship on that video but I saw something else... I saw nothing but regrets on that clip." Soyeon says. "I saw how you regretted on letting her go, on how she looks at you the same way she has always been looking at you. You didn't fool the world Am, you fooled nothing but yourselves, making yourself believe that being with me, and Krystal being with him is the right thing to choose."

"It was her choice, and I've fought hard enough for her that night." Amber says. "Besides, she plans on getting married to him I have no more fight on that."

"Until she's still Jung Soojung, you can still fight for her."

Amber looks at her. "How would I do that?"

Soyeon smiles. "Let's start by breaking up."


 


"Sorry I was late, we had a lot of errands and schedules to fix." Krystal says as she enters Kai's car. "Did you wait for long?"

"Nope." He said while poppping the 'p'.

"Where do we go now? Any plans?"

"I'd like to drive by the overview we saw the very first time we went out." He looks at her. "Can we do that?"

"Sure." She smiles and looks back at him. "The overview it is."

 

The drove from the building towards a drive-thru counter, letting Krystal order everything she wanted before driving off onto the night. The entire drive wasn't awkward because they talked about a lot of things. Unlike Amber and Soyeon's downfall with their relationship, Krystal really did focused herself on rebuilding her relationship with her soon-to-be husband Kai. Ever since that confrontation with Amber on the fire exit, she went back and cuddled onto his arms until the morning and faked everything until she actually made it.

Still she admits to herself that there are times where she'd wake up in the middle of the night, and she'd scroll through one person's feed, look at the latest news involving them and gathering some informations from the fans. She sometimes find herself wondering what the other one is doing as of the moment, is she doing well, does she still eats on time, calms down with all the stress and burdens that she's carrying at the moment, how many sleepless night does she experience, and all the worrying she would normally do. But then reality hits her the moment her eyes fall down on a beautiful ring placed on her middle finger, shining through the dimmed room. Sometimes, she would hold onto the ring with tears falling down from her eyes.

 

"Thank you for meeting me despite your busy schedule."

"If there's someone who need to say thanks, that would be me." Krystal says. "Thank you for meeting me even though you just got home from the concert."

"I was so tired, but just like before-" He looks at her. "Seeing you gets all of my battery get recharged again."

"Stop... Being cheesy doesn't suits you." She giggles. 

"I wasn't being cheesy, I was telling the truth."

"Whatever." She rolls her eyes. "But! Now that you're back, when can we proceed to the wedding preparations now?"

Instead of answering he just smiled. "You look beautiful today."

Krystal furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Kai, why aren't you answering my question?"

"Ahhhh, this beer is so refreshing. Korean beer is the best."

She takes away the can from his hand. "Answer me."

"Give it back."

"No, answer me first."

"Krystal give it back. I need it."

"Need it for what?"

"To give me courage."

"Courage? For what Kai?"

"TO TELL YOU I'M HURTING!" Krystal was surprised so Kai took the moment to grab the beer and drink it all in one go.

"H-hurting?"

In his frustration he threw the can away. "Pathetic... I'm so pathetic."

"Kai, tell me what's wrong." She places her hand on his arm but he pulled away. "Kai you're starting to worry me."

"Why did you say yes to my proposal? Tell me in all honesty, I will accept your answer."

"Because I love you."

He shakes his head. "In all honesty, tell me please."

"Because..." She trails off. "Because this is the best for all of us."

"The best?"

"Being with Amber for the past years, it taught me to be selfish, to be irresponsible and be carefree with every decision I made." She says. "When I lost her, I learned to be held accountable for every action, every decision I made in my life. When I chose you instead of her, I had to be responsible for that... I had to made sure that no matter what happens, I have to be the bigger person now and let everyone- including Amber to be happy."

"So you were willing to lose the only person you have ever love, the person who still owns your heart, just to make others happy? Just to make sure- that no matter what happens, Amber, Soyeon and I will be happy. Is that the reason, the real reason why you're marrying me?" He scoffs. "Krystal, do you know how much pain you've put me through, you've put Soyeon through, you've put Amber through- YOU'VE PUT YOURSELF THROUGH! Thinking that by marrying me, it'll be all happy ending for all of us?! Reality check! No one is happy! No one will ever be if you keep on putting this act that marrying me is something that you want!"

"So what do I do then!? Should I grabbed onto Amber and leave the two of you alone? Should I disregard the love, the effort, the patience you two have placed on us for a very long time just because we confirmed that after all this time, it's still her that I want? That I love?!" Krystal screamed as well. "Kai, there are people in your life that no matter how badly you wanted it to be them, sometimes they couldn't be those people."

"You could still do it Krys you know." He says. "I saw the video, and only fools would believe that the love you have for one another can be disclosed as friends."

"She loves Soyeon... I could see it everytime she posts something about them, everytime she would talk about their relationship to the public." Krystal's tears were threatning to fall. "I know it so well because I used to be in her position."

"And you still could be." Kai said, his voice soft and comforting. "You need to fight for her, the way that you always have been. This is the reality, no matter how long you deny it, how many times you try to avoid it, it's still Amber that you want to be that one person."

Unable to find her words, Krystal chose to hug Kai tightly. "I am so sorry... I thought I was doing the right thing for all of us."

"Forcing myself to believe your lie made me think I was doing the right thing for all of us too." He hugged her back. "And I'm sorry for that."

"I'm sorry for hurting you, you don't deserve me nor this pain..."

"When we love someone whole-heartedly, we tend to believe that they're worth the pain." He wiped her tears. "Before we break up officially, can I ask you one more thing?"

"Anything." She sniffs.

"Tomorrow on your sister's engagement party, let us go back to the way we used to be." He says. "To the time where you actually loved me, even if it was for a short amount of time. Can you do that?"

Krystal smiles and pecks Kai. "Sure thing, arrogant bastard."

Kai smirks. "Annoying er."

 

The surprise engagement party was a success as Jessica and Yuri was clearly dumb-founded when the arrived on the venue. As they were busy greeting the guests, Krystal and Kai arrived at the venue and the first person that Krystal was eyeing is anyone who is 5 foot and 8 inches tall woman, with charming aura, striking fashion and blonde-dyed hair. Her eyes has fully searched the venue but to her dismay, there was no one that matched to her description.

 

"What's wrong?" Kai asks him with two cups in his hand.

"She's not here."

"Eyyy, don't worry. I'm pretty sure that she's just running late." He hands her a cup. "While we're waiting for her, let us enjoy the night okay?"

Krystal smiles at him. "Okay."


All of the girls shireked as they surround Mr. Lee in one of their tightest group hug before they start rambling to themselves all the places they are planning to go. Suddenly, Yuri feels her phone vibrate so she excuses herself from the group to answer the call.


"Hey Yul, congrats on the engagement party."

"Amber! Why are you not here? You need to be here."

"As much as I'd like to go there myself I can't. I have tons of meetings with huge people in the industry and they could be my potential investors." She chuckles. "The anniversary concert was a huge help."

Yuri then eyes a specific person on the other side of the balcony. "Is that really the reason? Or are you just avoiding someone in particular?" The other line was silent. "Okay, I am taking that as a yes."

"How is she Yuri? Can you describe her for me?"


Just as when Yuri was about to describe Krystal's outfit, Kai suddenly appears in the picture and wraps his arms around Krystal's waist. They both smiled at one another and shared a quick kiss while they started a conversation with Jessica.


"Unnie? Are you still there?"

"Y-yeah sorry, I had to analyze it first."

"So? How is she?"

Yuri looks at Krystal who was laughing her heart out while leaning on his shoulder. "She's happy Am."

There was a loud sigh. "Good, that means we both made the right decision."

"Amber you know that's not true."

"All I want is for her to be happy. I'm glad he can give her that." She bitterly chuckles. "Anyways, you should go back to the party. Congratulations again unnie."


"I'll see you at the wedding?"

"See you at the wedding." And the call ended.

"So? What did Yuri say?" Soyeon asks curiously.

Amber sighs. "She said she's happy."

"M-maybe that was just for show." She tries to brighten up the mood. "Don't worry, it can change once you get there. C'mon let's get you dressed."

"I don't know So... Suddenly I'm not in the mood for dressing up, or for fighting for Krystal Jung." She layed down on the bed.

"Amber, now is not the time to lose hope! C'mon get up!"

"No."

"Okay fine, but let's make sure that you'll get Krystal on Yuri's wedding day okay? I'll make sure to not attend, let's just hope Kai won't attend too so that you could be partners with her. Then, make sure you grab your chance okay?"

"I'm tired, I'll sleep now. Good night." She turns around and covers herself in the blanket.

 


"Unnie annyeong." Krystal pecks her cheek. "Congratulations on the engagement, I am happy for the two of you."

Yuri smiles at her. "Thanks."

"Noona congrats." Yuri just smiles at him in return.

"Babe who were you talking to at the phone?"

"It was Amber." Yuri notices the disappearance of Krystal's smile. 

"Oh! Is she on her way?"

"She couldn't come, she was busy talking with her possible investors."

"Investors?" Kai asks.

"Ah yeah, Amber plans to have her own recording label."

"Like SM?" Yuri nods and he laughs. "Isn't she a little too ambitious?"

"If she could pull off having us at the Tokyo Dome all by herself and her connection I think she can pull off that company she wants too." She sassily says.

"Tokyo Dome? She was the one who handled it?" Krystal asks curiously.

"Amber was the one who suggested we had the anniversary concert. She gathered all the people, booked the place by herself."

"Wow." Krystal says. "That explains she was so busy the past months and couldn't come to our group dinners."

"She's such an amazing person. Jjang indeed!" Jessica comments.

"That's why Soyeon's marrying her." That suprised Krystal. "I think they're going to be married earlier than us babe."

"Well that's good for them Krystal and I are also marrying soon." Kai says proudly.

"That's good news Kai." Yuri and Krystal eyed one another. "I guess you two made the right decision."

"E-excuse me for a moment." Krystal abruptly leaves with Kai immediately following her.

"Krystal! Krystal wait!" Kai finally catches up to her. "Hey, hey calm down first what's wrong?"

"I think I'm too late Kai. You heard Yuri unnie! Amber's planning to propose to Soyeon!" She says. "What if I am already late and she already proposed to her?"

"Krystal."

"This is all my fault, I should've been selfish one last time just like Amber said. Stupid me!"

"Krys! Calm down!" He says while holding both of her shoulders. "Maybe Yuri just said that to piss you off and to actually do something and stop Amber from making that proposal."

Krystal eyes him. "Y-you think so?"

"I am not sure, but I am betting on it. C'mon we can do this okay? You just need to relax, and not worry about a thing, you'll get Amber in your hands arrasso?"

She manages to smile at his encouragement. "Okay, I can do this."

"Atta girl!" He chuckles. "You have to admit, I did unleash the arrogant bastard, Yuri noona was so pissed."

"Pabo yah!"

"Don't worry, at the wedding, I will not attend and let's hope that Soyeon won't attend. When everything goes into plan, grab the opportunity okay?"

"Okay." She smiles. "I will take note of that."
 


 

To say that the entire entourage and guests were surprised by the sudden changes of the Yulsic couple was an understatement. Everybody was panicking, from the guests, to the entourage to the catering down to the staffs that were hired for that event. Nevertheless, all of them were able to make some time for the union of two beautiful creatures on such a fine day at the beach.

The staffs were going crazy because they were busy arranging the bridesmaid and the bridesmen. The other staffs were going crazy to preparing the venue in time for the prestegious event and the musicians did some very hectic last-minute rehearsals. When everything was settled and all of the attendees were there, the wedding proper finally started. The entourage started with the kids carrying all the materials needed for the wedding followed by the bridesmaid with their respective partners. One couple passed by from one to another with each individual walking from different corners of the venue, meeting at the center aisle and walking together.

Krystal and Amber were both not in their minds at that day. Amber just woke up from a very heavy sleep and wanted to stay inside her home the entire day so she was a little annoyed by her friends' impulsiveness and audacity to change the date of their wedding date. She even thought of not showing up and just sending them an apology letter with an attached wedding gift but Yuri would probably kill her and Jessica would skin her and have her meat as her meal for the wedding. Soyeon wouldn't let her not attend because she kept on reminding the tomboy about the chance that she needs to take that day. Krystal too, hated the fact of the sudden change of the wedding and scolded her older sister on the phone while she was busy getting ready for the day. She thought about ditching the wedding but she would probably be disowned plus, she was reminded of the fact that maybe she can meet Amber today and grab the opportunity Kai has been encouraging her about.


"Krystal? Where's your partner?" The wedding coordinator asked.

"Oh Kai couldn't come, he had prior commitments plus you know SM." She answered casually.

"Omo, well then are you okay with walking alone?"

With what she said, Krystal immediately thought that Soyeon was here. "That's okay, I don't have much of a choice do I?"

Suddenly, the phone rings. "Hello? Really? That's great, Krystal doesn't have a partner. Okay, bye." The coordinator looks at her. "Looks like, fate found you a partner after all." She smiles. "Go, you'll meet your partner at the center aisle."


Krystal nods her head disinterestedly believing that her plan really failed that day. She also wanted to ditch her sister's wedding but then again, it's her sister's wedding. Jessica Jung would slit a hundred times if she finds out she left. She also thought about leaving earlier than what she had planned, but all of that changed when Krystal looks up, and finding Amber on the other side of the door.

Even though when they're both surprised, the ex-couple managed to give one another a smile. Both of them walked on the aisle and some of the guests were surprised as well when they saw Krystal and Amber walking down together before separating and going to their respective seats. While the event was going on, Amber and Krystal would sometimes take turns in looking at one another. Yoona would sometimes nudge Amber because she has been staring at her for too long or Hyoyeon would cough just to get Krystal's attention, to also stop her for staring more than she planned to look.

At the reception, Amber and Krystal were assigned to be at one table together with the other guests. They would laugh along with the parlor games or when it was Hyoyeon who received the flowers and she kept on joking around that she needs someone ASAP, regardless of the gender, she would marry them right away or she'd suffer 7 years of bad luck, to which everyone laughed. The emcee requested the newly-wed couple to be at the center to have their first dance as a married couple and while everyone's focused on the couple, Amber took this time to speak with Krystal.

 

"They still look like the couple we used to witness of SM's rooftop." She starts the conversation. 

"Yeah they do. My sister has been giving this cringy heart eyes to Yuri unnie and it's giving me goosebumps and now it's starting to annoy me." Amber chuckles. "But okay, I'm gonna give it to her only because she deserves this moment." She says as she keeps her eye on the couple."They both deserve this after all."

"They do."

Krystal now turns her focus to Amber. "You're still the same Llama."

"What?"

"You still can't keep your hair in shape." Krystal leans in to fix her hair. "Good thing I am your date otherwise, you'd look like an uninvited guest."

"You're my date?" Krystal stopped in her tracks. 

"O-o-t-that's not what I meant."

Amber smirks. "Sure jan." That earned a playful punch from the latter. "Ow!"

"That's what you get for teasing me. Why? Don't you like me as your date for this event?"

"Krystal Jung, you didn't know? Being your date for this wedding has always been my dream." She starts to act. "Glad to know that Kai agreed with my plan, otherwise, I would've looked like a fool."

The latter showed her genuine smile before letting out a giggle. "Stupid."

Amber starts to chuckle too. "Yeah, stupid."

Suddenly a flash of camera caught their attention and they both turned to the wedding photographer. "Your laughs were so genuine, I just couldn't let it fade away. Now, that happiness is stuck in a photo."


Before one of them could speak, the emcee started to talk. "And now, may we welcome the sister of the bride, Krystal Jung- to say something about the newly-wed couple."

 

Krystal stood up awkwardly and started walking towards the microphone while the guests applauded her. She was surprised that she was on the list of the speakers for tonight because she specifically reminded that she wouldn't want to speak tonight but she takes a good look at her sister who was already smirking and from right there she wanted to strangle her because she knew who was the mastermind behind all of this. She inhaled and held her breath, nervousness started to crawl onto her system and her mind was blank. She was about to panic but her eyes landed on Amber's comforting eyes and somehow that eased the nervousness. With one nod from the blonde, Krystal exhaled and smiled at the crowd.

 

"Last time I checked, I shouldn't be here but I think my sister's a little bit thick-skulled and was unable to understand what I wanted." The crowd laughed. "I remember the very first time my sister told me that she had a crush. She was a trainee and I just came home from school that time and I saw her laying like a tree on her bed. I asked her what happened and she just smiled and told me- 'Soojung-ah, unnie's been strucked by Cupid.'" She shares, mimicking Jessica's giggly voice.

"Yah! That was not my tone when I told you that."

"This is why I told you not to let me speak in front." Once again, Krystal's sassy comment made the crowd laugh. "Young as I am I didn't understood what that meant, and I really didn't grasped the idea of my sister dating someone who has the same body composition as hers. The only thing that was instilled in me was if my sister's happy, then I can be comfortable with whoever she's dating. And Yuri unnie wasn't so hard to love, charming as she already is, her pure heart got my approval with her dating one of the dearest person in my life." She says. "When I saw them together after a very long time, I only concluded one thing..." She stops and looks at the couple. "That Yuri will be the only one that can make my sister truly happy in this lifetime." Some of the crowd gushed at her comment. "Let's admit, their relationship was never easy, it was never free-flowing nor a walk in the park. We, as guests witnessed what type of relationship these two have, we all know that it was rocky mountains, high-tide storms and tidal waves filled with tears, pain and sadness... But despite all of that, the two of them were never tired on continuously choosing one another and that amazes me up to this very day... When all things would fail them, when everything was hard and seemed impossible, they had one another to lean on, their love to trust and that kept them going. In a world full of temporaries, they were each others' constants and I think that's lovely." Tears were also threatning to fall from her eyes. "To the Yulsic couple, the living proof that love does indeed knows no boundaries. I hope you two would live a very long, happy and healthy life, together with my beautiful niece. I love you both."

 

The couple hugged Krystal who were also in tears because of the love they felt from the latter. And while the party was going on, Krystal manages to escape the public eye and walked towards the botany garden near the reception. On a little bridge is where she decided to settle herself, seating and leaning on it for support while dangling her feet, letting herself get lost in her thoughts.

Suddenly, she feels a fabric fall on her shoulders. She turned her head and she saw Amber without her coat as she settles beside her. Just like the old times, neither of them would voice out for a few minutes and just enjoy the voice of the night enveloping them.

 

"Well this isn't our usual meeting spot but it's nice to meet you in somewhere new."

"No balcony or rooftops."

Amber nods her head. "The stars look beautiful tonight."

"Yeah they do."

"I remember the time where we promised to be at the rooftop at every country we'd be in and whenever there would be millions of stars in the sky, we'd act like normal people." She looks at Krystal. "When I heard your speech, it reminded me of that memory... For the very first time, I looked at you and you weren't Krystal Jung, just Soojung."

"Soojung... It's been a long time since you called me that."

"We haven't really talked for a long time."

"We were both busy with our lives."

"But that doesn't mean I don't check up on you." 

"What do you mean by that?"

"I actually asked others about you." She confesses. "What you're currently doing, where are you as of the moment, which brand are you endorsing, you new hobbies or new favorite cuisine... Do you sleep on time, wake up on time, have rest days, vacations, which country would you like to visit." She pauses. "I hope it doesn't come out weird or creepy."

"It doesn't. Just... Surprising." Krystal answers. "W-why would you do that?"

"I respected your decision that night." Both of them looked at one another. "But that doesn't mean I agreed with it."

"Amber..."

"Krystal I need to tell you some-"

 

Before Amber could continue with her sentence, Krystal's phone started ringing and in the darkness of the area that they were in, Amber was able to see the ID caller, it was no other than Kai, with his Id named 'Yeobo' with an alien emoji. Krystal immediately excused herself and while Krystal was busy with her call, Amber just sat there and suddenly she feels stupid and relieved at the same time. When Krystal ended the call and was about to continue her talk with Amber, it was Amber's phone who started ringing having Soyeon's Id name on it with all the eomji hearts. Amber immediately ends the call, the two of them looked at one another and once again they were enveloped by silence.


"I-"

"Um-"

"You should get going." Krystal says as she removes the coat from her body. "You know how worried Soyeon can be."

Amber wanted to protest and tell her the truth but she was reminded of her relationship with Kai. "Yeah, she can be a little too much to handle sometimes."

Krystal answers with a small smile. "Here."

"See you around Krys." And with that, Amber leaves her along with the pain in her heart.



"Sorry! I didn't know I was destroying the mood!"

"You know you can be really annoying sometimes!" Krystal says as she was still face-timing Kai.

"I thought you guys might have reconciled already or maybe you were running out of plan to get her back! I thought I was doing a good job as your wingman."

Krystal groans. "She probably thinks that we're still together."

"Well with that caller id, I would also think the same."

 

 

"You're not helping me."

"You really called me in a very wrong time."

"I didn't know excuse me I don't have supernatural powers." Soyeon says over the phone. "Plus! I think I just came in time, otherwise, you would've looked like a desperate ex trying to get her back, even though she's about to get married."

"But I am a desperate ex trying to get her back even though she's about to get married to someone else."

"Oh." She chuckles nervously. "Right, sorry."

Amber lays down on her bed. "Now what?"

"Well there's nothing you could really do Am, you need to focus on your entertainment agency otherwise, all of your efforts would go to waste."

"What about Krystal? What if she does ends up marrying Kai?" She says. "What if she thinks that I am not fighting for her?"

"Amber you were too obvious earlier and I would be disappointed in her if she wouldn't get the message." Amber sighs. "And just like what I said to you, let Krystal be responsible for her actions."

 

 

"Now what do I do Kai? I leave for Milan tomorrow and my schedule is unknown, I don't even know when I'll be back in Seoul."

"Well you just can't leave your career behind right? That would make you look irresponsible. Plus, Amber has to focus on her entertainment agency as well."

"We were so close on getting back with one another tonight." She lays down on her bed.

"Just take this as a positive one."

"And how would I view it like that?"

"Maybe you guys weren't bound to get back together because you still have some personal issues to fix all by yourselves so that when you do become a couple again, nothing would ever hold you back."


Amber and Krystal did went on their separate ways and they have never spoken to one another ever since that night. Krystal was busy with boosting her career doing various endorsements and drama shooting while Amber on the other hand focused on building her recording company, she probably made her office her home for the past months and she had detached herself on the media to focus solely on her latest dream.

While temptation was at its finest, Krystal didn't bother to check up on Amber on the web as well. She figured that Amber needed some space for her own and as for now, she considered her as a distraction to Amber and she wouldn't want to hinder the latter on acheiving the dream that she so longed for and in return, she also considered the tomboy as a distraction to her life, someone that she would rather entertain later because just like what Kai told her, they needed to do things on their own so that when the time comes, there wouldn't be more setbacks. But that didn't mean that she would stop supporting Amber, because little did the newest CEO know, Krystal buys a lot of tickets whenever Amber's artists would held concert wherever it may be.

Unknown to the both of them, night turned to days turned into months and now it has been 2 years since they both saw one another. 2 years and Amber's business has been successful and even became a threat to other entertainment agencies as her artists solo or albums are always found on the top charts with for a long time. Krystal was finally done with her long list of endorsements and contracts and now she was released for a short break so she decided to head back home to Seoul.

 

"Where's my favorite niece in the world?" Krystal beams as she comes out of her bedroom.

"Duh? Isn't it obvious? I'm your only niece." Little Yuri says while crossing her arms.

"Good morning brat."

"Good morning immature model."

"Yah, you two stop it." Mrs. Jung says. "Now stop the teasing, Krystal you're being in charge of Yuri today."

"I came home to sleep not to babysit my sister's child."

"Krystal stop saying that. It's just for one day and you'd be on your normal sleeping routine now."

Krystal meronged at the kid who did the same act to her. "What about you guys?"

"Oh, we're going to take a day-off on baby-sitting." Her mom smiles while leaving the two of them alone.

"So kid, where do you wanna go?"

"You're the adult you decide."

She thinks about it for a while before looking at her. "How does Everland sound?"



"Unnie! How did my acting go earlier?" The kid says as she clings on Krystal's arm.

"It was a little aggressive, but it was good. Mom was annoyed after all."

Yuri giggled. "It was a good prank on grandma."

"It was." Krystal manages to smile. "So wanna take a little break? We could eat some corndogs."

"Yay corndogs!"

 

Krystal and Yuri hand in hand walked together and bought some corndogs and milkshakes before settling themselves in one of the benches while just enjoying the beautiful breeze.

 

"So how are your parents?"

"Still the same as they were back then." The kid answers. "But you know, the Juran issue is still alive and kicking."

"Aigoo, Yuri unnie is the most insensitive person ever."

"Tell me about it. I would sometimes catch mommy crying but I just let them handle it on their own."

"That's a good choice Yuri. Let your appa notice her short-comings on their marriage and hopefully everything will be okay."

The latter nods. "So unnie, how are you feeling after travelling around the world?"

"It was nice. Waking up and sleeping in different places." She says. 

"Don't you get lonely?"

"There are times."

"Do you smoke during those times?"

"No, no, no. I don't smoke anymore." She pauses. "I promised Amber that I wouldn't."

"Speaking of Amber." The kid's tone was already teasing. "How are you guys?"

"We're fine."

"Individually or as a couple?"

"Yuri." Her niece giggled. "We're INDIVIDUALLY fine."

"When are you guys getting back together?" Krystal was shocked at her bluntness. "C'mon unnie, I think it's about time that you take a break on your career and give love a chance don't you think?"

"I don't know Yul... Plus I don't even know she's single or not. Last time I remember, Soyeon's name was filled with heart emojis." Krystal rolls her eyes at the memory.

"But that was 2 years ago, who knows, maybe she already removed those emojis and their relationship status."

"It's been so long, I don't even know if she still feels the same way as I do now."

"You will never know unless you ask her."

"But what if we end up messing everything up again?" She asks worriedly. "What if after all the things we've been through, all the things we've sacrificed and left behind, and after all this time, we'd eventually end in break-up? I can't risk that... That would be too much."

"Auntie, you have to stop overly analyzing things."

"I don't know kid, she deserves someone better."

Little Yuri groaned. "See, this is why I hate growing up. You adults always complicate the most simple things in life! And yet, you guys always complain when things don't go your way!" 

"Excuse me?" The older one said confusingly.

The child stands up in front of her. "Unnie, you said that you guys can't be together because she deserves someone better than you correct?"

"Uhh... Yes."

"Why though?" She asks. "Can't you be that 'someone better' you're talking about?"

"Umm..."

"Don't you want to be that person who's better for her?"

"Of course I would want that. You know how much I love Amber."

"Then why don't you woman up and be the better person for the one who loves you?" Krystal was silenced. "Everyone can be a better person if they choose to. You can be a better person for Amber if you choose to and if you really love Amber you would choose to do it." She says. "Stop saying that because it'll just sound as an excuse. I think it's better to say to her that you can no longer be the person that she wants you to be because you can't do it anymore, rather than wrapping it in a one sentence line that everybody so ruggedly use."

 

To say that Krystal was surprised was an understatement. She may have heard that Jessica's daughter was a wizard in giving advices but she never thought that she would actually received an advice from the wizard herself. Truth to be told, Yuri had a lot of sense during her advice earlier. She was right.

 

"I have invited Amber unnie to my birthday party the day after tomorrow. Don't worry about her attendance because I have already threatened her the way I will threaten you now." She glared at her auntie. "If you don't come to my birthday party, I will make sure that you will not have a peaceful vacation here in Seoul."

Krystal swallowed the lump on . "D-don't worry. I'll be there."

"Good!" She beams. "Sorry on my little rant. Now come auntie, we still have a lot of amusement rides to try."

 

That night Krystal did a lot of thinking and the internal battle within her was no joke. She swirled and twirled around her bed, she tried counting sheep, did some bed exercises just for her mind to get some sleep but all of her efforts was gone to waste. She groaned in annoyance and sat up, her mind was wrapped around what her niece just told her.

She thought about just ditching the birthday party and act that she had a sudden booking, but then again she thought about the threat that the kid told her and all of a sudden, ditching was scratched out of her plan. She sure is a Jung, no thought about that. But she brushed off the thought that Amber would really attend, I mean, she wouldn't be threatened by a small bean like her niece.

Krystal was already close to breaking point when all of a sudden, she was thankful when her phone starting glowing and showed Luna's caller ID name on the screen. Without second thoughts, she goes out of her room and out to the balcony she went to answer Luna's call.

 

"Thank God you called."

"Huh?"

"Nothing." She says. "What's up?"

"I was just calling to ask if you were planning to attend Yuri's birthday party?"

"My own niece just threatened to destroy my vacation here if I don't attend, I think I don't have any choice."

Luna chuckles on the other line. "Well you can't blame her, she's indeed a Jung."

"Yeah right."

"It's good to know that you're attending. Amber just called me earlier and she started to panic, she said she doesn't have anything to wear."

"Wait." Krystal says. "Amber's actually attending the party?"

"Same as yours Krys, Yuri also threatened her if she didn't come to the party."

"Well what did she threatened her with?"

"That she'll say to everyone that Amber still saves your pictures."

"W-w-what?" Krystal blushed with what Luna just said. 

"While I know you're blushing with what I just said, but yes, Amber does keep of your photos together."

"Yah, I am not blushing and second, how would you know about that one?"

"I just happen to be there with Yuri when Amber stupidly left her phone open. The two of us took pictures and we wanted to see how many we took, and Yuri accidentally opened that album."

"Accidentally."

"Accidentally Krys, if you know what I mean." Luna says. "So I hope I would see you?"

"I am still in conflict whether to attend or not." She sighs and leans on the rocking chair. "I'm not even sure I have something to wear."

"You have 2 rooms full of clothes so don't tell me that excuse." She argues. "Maybe you just don't have the right clothes to impress Amberrrrrrrr."

"Shut up!"

"I hope this helps, Amber's planning to wear floral polo shirt tuck in a kahki short pairing it with an all white loafers. Bye!"


Fortunately for Krystal, she had the right amount of sleep that she needs and with a look in the mirror, she was satisfied with the way her bare face looked. She did miss on attending her niece's soccer game, but it she told herself that she would just buy the birthday celebrant the latest soccer shoes to compensate her absence during the game So for the rest of the day, Krystal decided to choose the best thing to do for the entire day- which was to sleep.

The next day, Krystal remembered what Luna told her so she searched her closet on what might be the perfect dress for the event, and of course, even if she won't admit it, the right dress to match Amber's attire. After hours of searching and almost trying everything in her floral closet, she finally made a decision and did some make-up. Before leaving the house she just sighs to herself and cheered herself up, before going to her sister's beach house.

When she arrived at the house, everyone greeted and complimented her as she was passing through the crowd of guests. She eventually meets the birthday girl, who welcomed her warmly and of course her sister and her sister-in-law. After a little catch up, she decides to settle herself near the view deck of the backyard because she could see everyone who was entering and leaving the house. Whenever someone blonde would enter or even pass by, it would always grab her attention and her heart would stop for a second because she's afraid that Amber will be the first one to approach her.

 

"Boo!"

"YAH!" Krystal snaps and turns around to face Sulli's laughing face. "That wasn't funny."

"Of course it wasn't for you. You were the victim." She laughs. 

Krystal rolls her eyes. "Even after a long time you're still an immature big baby."

"Blame hyung, she always spoils me." At the mention of the term 'hyung' Krystal stopped and Sulli noticed it. "Ohhhh, I see now..." She smirks. "You're actually waiting for hyung to come!"

"SHHHHH! Quiet Ssul!" She covers her friend's mouth. "Seriously?"

Sulli removes her hand. "Arra, arra... Sorry I was just so excited." She smiles.

"And no, I wasn't waiting nor looking for that dumb hyung of yours."

"Jinjja? Then why were you eyeing every blonde guest in this place?" Krystal was unable to answer and the latter. "Eyyy, that's because you're looking at the wrong way."

"Huh?"

"Hyung's not blonde anymore." She says. "And to help you, she's already here in the crowd." She teases and leaves her, leaving Krystal totally blank.

 

All of a sudden Krystal starts to become conscious of the way that she looked. She immediately starts fixing her hair and her dress, she checks on her make-up and her over-all appearance, in case Amber would have the courage to approach her tonight.

"After all these years, you're still the shy type." Krystal looks at her. "Here yo go, looks like you needed it."

"Thanks." Krystal takes a sip.

"So what's up? Why are you not socializing?"

The latter nervously chuckles. "I did talk with some of our colleagues and friends. I am just here resting my voice."

"Come on Krys, you can tell me." She encourages the latter. "I'm your sister."

Krystal sighs. "She's here."

"Who's here?"

"You know who I am talking about."

"Sorry, I am really not catching up."

Krystal rolls her eyes. "Amber. She's here."


Jessica looks around until she sees Amber looking dashing with a floral polo shirt tuck in a kahki short pairing it with an all white loafers. She was chatting with some of SNSD and people from the event. She went from blonde to pure blonde again which adds another charming factor in her over-all charisma.

 

"Ahhhh, Amber." Jessica nods her head. "What about her?"

"Unnie!" Krystal whines. "You should've told me she was coming!"

"Wae!"

"Then I would've prepared more!" She pouts. "Now I don't know if I look okay or not."

Jessica looks at her sister before chuckling. "Are you really serious right now?"

"Does it look like I'm joking?"

"Okay, okay, calm down... You look fantastic Soojung-ah. You're really beautiful and this dress really looks great on you I promise." She compliments her who was wearing a beautiful floral maxi dress. "Did she already see you?"

"No, I try to stay away from her as possible."

"What? Why?"

"Because! I don't know what to say to her." She finishes her drink. "What if she suddenly approaches me, I'll make a fool out of myself."

"Well how sure are you that she never saw you?"

"Not so, why?"

"I'm just entertaining the possibility that she already saw you and same as you, she also doesn't want to make a fool out of herself." Kyrstal looks at her. "If you would look at it in that way."

"That... That would make some sense."

"Soojung, you know I am never the nosy sister but I think you should really tell her."

Krystal takes a look at Amber. "It's better this way unnie. Her girlfriend would be mad at me."

 

Jessica sighs, leaving her sister with her own thoughts as she decides a different approach. She goes to the tomboy who was just saying farewell to her firneds. She orders a drink for the two of them before starting the conversation.


"Having fun?"

Amber smiles. "You two sure know how to throw a party, both for adults and kids."

"Of course, we couldn't let the children have all the fun."

"If I were you, I'd put Mrs. Lim on my watch list. She drank and enjoyed way too much cocktail." Jessica looks at Mrs. Lim's action.

"Don't worry, I'll take note of that." Both of them chuckled. "Listen, I wanna talk to you about something."


After the talk, Yuri and Tiffany announced a wonderful news to everyone telling that they are pregnant, and Krystal saw from afar how Amber and Yuri talked. From the moment that Krystal saw Amber when Jessica pointed her out earlier, she wouldn't and couldn't just look away. Amber did change a lot physically but only towards the positive side, she became more beautiful, mature-looking, confident, more charming and Krystal could go on all day towards the positive changes she sees in Amber.

 

"Psst!"

"What the f-!" Ammber snapped towards Yuri's direction. "Unnie you surprised me."

"Yah I am being offended why didn't you come to me and congratulated me."

"I was just waiting for the crowd to die out."

She squints her eyes. "Hmmm, or maybe you didn't want to approach me, afraid you'd bump into someone right?"

"W-w-wha..."

Yuri chckles. "YOW KRYSTAL!" Amber widens her eyes. "C'mere for a sec."

"Unnie!!!" She begs as Krystal shyly approaches them.

"Yes?"

"I have something to say."

"W-what would that be?"

"Amber told me you're ugly."

"WHAT?!"

Krystal was shocked and confused. "Excuse me?"

Amber waves her hands. "No, no... That's not what I meant?"

"Meant?" Krystal eyes her before crossing her arms. "So you actually told Yuri unnie something."

The latter blinked. "No I haven't told her anything! Nothing at all!"

"Well this is looking like a conversation to me. Now, I'll be on my way with my wife now."



"I-I-I'm sorry for what Yuri said."

"Why would you apologize for something that you never said?" Krystal slightly glares at Amber. "Unless you actually mean it?"

Amber widens her eyes and shakes both of her hands. "No, no, no way. You've always been beautiful to me. You know that." Both of them stopped with what Amber suddenly confessed. "I-I- mean-"

"Just shut up, and let's focus on what my niece has to say."

"S-s-should I leave?"

"Did I tell you to?" Amber shakes her head furiously. "Then there's your answer."

Amber swallowed the lump on . "Y-yeah."

"We need to talk, right after that brat's speech."

They both looked at one another. "O-okay."

 

"I wrote about the great love that I get to experience from the little moments... Appa would kiss mommy good morning, when she’d hug my mom before leaving for work, whenever mommy would cook for a lot of people, only for me to find out that she’d bring it to appa’s workplace. Every time aunt Tiffany would always think of aunt Tae, bringing her something to eat or to enjoy on her way home as she never leaves the house, when Aunt Yoona asked my help to plant sweet potatoes from their backyard as her surprise for Aunt Seohyun, every time aunt Sooyoung practically gets spoiled by aunt Sunny who also didn’t mind as long as the latter is happy. I saw it whenever Aunt Hyoyeon spoils herself to death because she deserves it and knows her worth. Also, I saw it every time my Aunt Krystal always buy concert tickets held by Aunt Amber’s company."

 

"You... You did that?" Amber looks at Krystal who was blushing.

"I... I just happen to be free at those moments plus, you know me when I am bored."

"I also know when you're being supportive." The two of them looked at one another.

"S-s-supportive?" Krystal looks away. "Why would I be supportive of your dreams."

"Because you always have been." Amber took her hand and grasp it. "For that, I am thankful."

 

The crowd applauded and awwe'd as the birthday celebrant ran to her parents arms who were in tears with what she said. While everyone was busy admiring the family. Krystal looked at Amber who moved her head to the side, telling her to come along with her. The two of them walked down towards the other side of the house, it was Jessica's garden, a private and quiet place, perfect place for them to talk. Just like before, they let the silence fill them first before actually getting into the conversation.

 

"So..."

"So..."

"I thought you were busy with your career and all, but I guess not because you were able to buy my artists tickets."

"And how did you know that I was busy?"

"You went to Milan for a photoshoot, then to Paris to do a video for the bag you recently endorsed. You only come home whenever your endorsed cosmetic brand would release a new lipstick or powder, but you're really all over the world. You just came home from New York Fashion Week right?"

Krystal was surprised. "And here I thought you were busy with your entertainment company, but I guess not since you were able to check up on me."

"I just wanted to know what you're up to, if you're happy with what you're doing."

"And I just wanted to show support in your dreams." Krystal looks at Amber. "That's what friends do right?"

The glow on Amber's face instantly faded and looked away. "I did the same thing as your friend too."

Krystal wanted to slap herself right there. "Right, you're my friend after all."

Amber scoffed and sarcastically smiled. "Well then FRIEND, I think I need to go back to the party. See you around."

The jet-black beauty sighed. "Look, I'm sorry! You know that's not what I meant." Amber turns around and walked towards her.

"Really? That's not what you meant?" Amber says. "Because I think you just wanted to talk to me to purposely rub on my face that I'm just your friend. FRIEND, right?"

"Why are you suddenly annoyed? You really need to be careful with the signal you keep sending me Amber, I might assume your single."

"Then stop sending me signals like you're not ing married. Otherwise, I might assume you want to make things right this time."

"Married? Excuse me?" Krystal thought about it for a moment. "You're being mad at me, because you thought I'm married?"

"Aren't you?"

"Why don't you check my ing ring finger stupid." Krystal challenges. "See stupid? There's no wedding ring so your assumption is wrong."

"Well I am not the only wrong one here." Amber says. "Because I am indeed single."

"What?"

"I have been 2 years single Krystal."

"2 years?"

The tomboy nods her head. "Right after the video we covered got viral, Soyeon and I talked things over. She finally accepted the truth and we broke up."

"But that's what also happened to me." Krystal admits. "Kai just got home, we drove over to the view deck and talked things over. He said it was better if we stop pretending that getting married was our reality. We broke up that night too."

"Wait, so during the wedding-"

"You were already single." Both of them said with hint of realization.

"But I don't get it." Amber asked confusingly. "If you guys did broke up, then why did you guys went together during Yuri and Jess' engagement party? Yuri even told me you guys were so happy, that you were happy."

"He asked me a favor to be his date and act like back to the days where I actually loved him, that's why I was so happy." She says. "But what about you? Yuri unnie told me that night you were planning on getting married to Soyeon, that's why I thought you couldn't come to the party, because you actually proposed to her."

"I was already ready to go to the party to talk things with you so I called Yuri unnie and asked if you were there and she told me that."

"That's why you appeared with no date at the wedding."

"Yes, because Soyeon told me that the wedding might be our chance to talk and make things right. She just prayed that Kai wouldn't attend."

"Kai suggested the same thing too." Krystal mumbles but then furrowed her eyebrows."But wait, during that night- when we talked over the brige, Soyeon's ID name was still filled with heart emojis!" She accused.

"Because I didn't had the time to change it, I was too focused on getting us back together that changing her ID Name was the least of my concern." Amber suddenly points a finger at Krystal. "Yah! What about you huh? YEOBO with an alien emoji!"

"Same as you- I didn't had the time to change it because I was busy thinking of ways of getting you back!"

"Why didn't you talked to me after the wedding?"

"Kai told me that I should fix things by my own first, I had too many contracts at that time and I knew I needed to be responsible for them and finish them all so that when we'll meet again, there's nothing holding me back..." She trails off. "What about you? Why didn't you talked to me after the wedding?"

"Because I couldn't sacrifice more for you. I was about to build my entertainment business, Soyeon told me to focus on it first because that was all I had back then. She also told me that it was too obvious that night that I was trying to win you back, and it was your choice to decide whether to go after me or just let things be." She says. "That's when I thought you actually got married, because you didn't gave an inch of an effort to talk to me, I didn't knew your side."

"And I didn't know yours too."

After a moment of silence, Amber starts to chuckle. "We really need to start communicating. We could've been happier this past two years."

"I still believe that everything happens for a reason."

"So shall we pick off where we stopped?"

"Back to when you were about to say something to me?"

"Should I repeat the obvious? Ms. Jung are you starting to become dense?" Amber teases and that earned a punch from the latter.

"You were saying?"

"Nothing." The blonde coughs.

"So, where were we stupid?"

"Hmmm, I believe that..." Amber suddenly pulls Krystal by her waist to lessen their distance.

"You believe what?"

"I believe that we should fast forward, skip the conversation and actually go directly to the highlight." She grins.

Krystal hums in agreement and wrapped her arms around Amber's neck. "And what would be that highlight?"

"This." Amber finally leans in, and closes the distance between their lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"YOW LOVEBIRDS!" The couple pulled away only to see a smirking little Kwon Yuri.

"YAH!" Krystal glared.

"Glad to know that my plan has worked!" She giggles.

"Thanks Yul!"

"What did I tell you auntie? You adults should stop complicating life's simple problems. Even my parents failed to reconcile you both." She shakes her head. "Shall I demand a new shoe from them?"

Amber chuckles. "With what you did just now superstar, you're gonna receive an entire shoe collection from your aunt Llama."

The kid shrieks in delight while Krystal nudged her. "Stop spoiling kids like that."

"I'm not spoiling her, she just got us back together I think she deserves a gift."

"But not that kind of gift."

"Whoops, you guys are not yet married but I can see now who's going to spoil the kids!" She laughs. "Sorry auntie Krystal, but I think you're going to end up just like mommy, taking care of a kid, and a big kid!"

"Shut it brat or I'll force my girlfriend to not give you that collection." Krystal glares at the kid and showed her the original Jung glare.

"MEANIE!" She meronged. "Anyway, you guys should come down with me. Mommy and the rest of her gang are reminiscing by the beach. I need to take photos." Yuri leaves the scene.

"Let's go. She's so Kkab, I'm worried that she might hit her head." Krystal pulls Amber but the latter wouldn't budge. "Yah, come on!"

"You just called me your girlfriend." Krystal stopped pulling her. 

"Well duh? What am I suppose to call you? My wife? Tch, you haven't even proposed to me yet."

"I could do that now if you want to." Amber teases as she gets down on one knee but ended up getting kicked on that part. "YAH! That ing hurts!"

"Then stop teasing me!" Krystal cheeks were stained with pink-ish shade. "Now come on, let's head down."


"Aigoo, still the same old Jessica Jung I see."

Jessica turns around and sees Taeyeon with the rest of the girls wearing the smiles on their faces. "That's Kwon Jessica now Tae, correction." Yuri corrects her.

"Unnie, why are you still writing on the sand?" Yoona asks.

"Does it remind you of the good times unnie?"

Jessica looked at her writing. "Yes. The good, the bad, the best and the worst. It reminded me the laughter, the pain, the sadness, the love, anger and the journey that we all went through. I just want to protect it so it can never drift away again."

"Hey Jess, come here will you?" Tiffany aks and Jessica complies. "You... Can really be a goof sometimes." She smiles.

"Goof?"

"Yah Sica, look around you. We're here now so you don't need to write it on the sand." Sooyoung says.

"You also don't need to protect it all alone now. Like what Soo said we're here." Sunny held her hand too.

"Together, let us all be drifted away by the tides of life. Together, let us face the trials that are ahead of us."

"Let's be SNSD together Sica." Yuri says. "Just like before."

Jessica looks at her members with tears in her eyes. "Stop saying cheesy things, this is not the SNSD I know!"

"Fine then let's bring back the old SNSD shall we?" Taeyeon signals the rest of the girls who carried Jessica immediately.

"YAHHHHHHHHH!" Jessica squeals in her dolphin shriek. "Let me go!"

"Wasn't it you who wanted the old SNSD back?" Hyo chuckles.

"On count of three."

"Waaahhh can you all hold this position? It would be great to post this on SNS." The group turned around and saw Amber, Krystal together with little Yuri.

"Aunties can you all post together? My classmates are going to be so jealous when this goes from my personal account!"

"Finally you two made up!" Yuri comments.

"Huh? Who told you guys we made up?"

"Soojung-ah you stupid girl. If you two didn't made up then why are you holding hands?" The group chuckles.

"A-ah..." Amber scratches her neck and lets go of Krystal's hand.

"Yah, why did you let go? Are you ashamed of me?"

"A-anni!"

"Then hold my hand." Amber complies. "Good servant." Krystal smiles at their locked up arms.

Amber looked at Krystal and smiled too. "Anything for you princess."

"So much cheesiness!" Little Yuri grabs her phone. "Okay, let's do this one last time okay?"

"Yes, for the final time, let's proclaim our bond as sisters." Taeyeon smiled and looked at her members. 

"Hana-"

"Ready?"

"Ready!"

"Dul-"

"Jigumeun-"

"Set!"

"So Nyu Shi Dae!" The girls laugh and started talking on their own.

"Yah." The birthday celebrant calls their attention.

"What now brat?"

"I think it's not only the SNSD needs a closure to the past." She offers her hand. "Give me your phone real quick Auntie Am." Amber complies. "Okay, now pose for the camera."

"Uhh, what should we do?" Amber scratches her head. "Should we kiss?"

Krystal slapped her girlfriend. "Vulgar."

Amber nervously chuckles. "What do you think superstar?"

Yuri thought about it for a while. "What about piggyback? You guys always do that right?"

The two of them looked at one another before smiling. "You know what, your brain does actually work."

"Duh? I'm a Jung, what do you expect? Now go get ready." The couple complies and does a piggy back. "Ready, hana, dul, set- say Kryber!"

"Kryber!" Both of them smiled. 

The child smiles and holds the phone for a minute before handing it back to the owner. "Here you go."

"Thanks Yul."

 

Suddenly howls and cheers could be heard. The two of them looked up and saw almost all of the crowd, including Krystal's parents, F(x) members and Girls' Generation along with other past idols looked at them, making them embarassed.

 

"Whooo! Kryber is back again!"

"Thank God my ship is sailing!"

"Captain Luna reporting for duty!"

"You guys just got back together and yet there's already a pre-nuptial shooting? EYYY!" Taeyeon teases.

"Seo, I think we should hurry up with the plans! These two are already catching up!" 

"Great! Everyone's happily in love and I am here dry as a newspaper!" Hyo states, cracking everyone up.

"Alright, alright, guys let them have their moment and let's welcome them later on when they go up." Jessica says which everyone followed.

"I'm happy you guys are back together." Yuri says. "Thank you, for getting back together."

"Thank you kid." Amber says.

"Now go work on your communication skills. I still have my food untouched because I was checking up on you guys." She looks at Krystal. "Auntie, you look more beautiful when you're genuinely happy."

Krystal walks up to her niece and hugged her. "Thank you."

"Work on being a better person for her okay? Just like we talked about." Krystal nods and kisses her forehead before she leaves the scene.

"What was that about? You guys had some agreement?"

"Hmmm... You could put it in that way." Krystal smiles.

"Now about that marriage-" Krystal was about to punch her but she was able to dodge. "Yah, come on!"

"Proposal first, then marriage."

"We're not teenagers-"

"And I won't mind waiting more for you to get your together and propose to me." She looks at her Llama. "I have waited a very long time to be with you again, and I don't mind waiting a bit more. Let me enjoy the previledge of being your girlfriend again stupid."

"Okay, okay. Then you have to help me out. what kind of proposal do you want?"

"Intimate dinner with friends and family, both parents are present. Out of the blue proposal."

"Intimate dinner, friends and family, both parents present are a must."

"Yes."

"Okay." She pulls up her phone. "Hello? I'd like to book my family a flight tomorrow for Seoul-" Amber was once again pinched by her princess.

"Stop teasing me."

"Arra, arra." She pulls her closer. "I'll let you enjoy the label girlfriend, and then I'll let you cry when you get to call yourself soon-to-be Mrs. Liu, and I'll make sure you don't regret your decision on becoming my wife, and the mother of our future kids."

"Kids? Really?" Amber nods her head. "How many?"

"A whole soccer team, or that can be converted to a girl group or boy group. If it's a mixed group, I can work with that." Krystal laughs. "What? We can play halfsies on giving birth."

"OH MY GOD AMBER!" Both of them were laughing their hearts out. "Come here." They were about to kiss again but then it was halted due to Amber's phone that was continuously buzzing. "What's that about?"

Amber checks her phone and couldn't help but chuckle. "Aigoo."

Krystal furrowed her eyebrows. "Wae?"

"Our cupid strikes again." She shows her phone.

Krystal looked at their photo that was posted online. "After 3 Million Years, #Kryberisreal." She reads the caption.

"I think I should turn off my phone, it might blow off with the continuous buzzing."

"The caption does suits us. After 3 million years, it's still you that I love, it's still you that I want, and my heart still stops for a second whenever we look at one another." Krystal admits. 

"After 3 million years princess-" She says. "Finally, our relationship isn't closed doors."

"After 3 million years- you're still my servant."

"After 3 million years-" Amber trails off while caressing her face. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You are, and always will be- my smoke."


 

FINALLY SMOKE IS OFFICIALLY DONE!

I know you guys have been patiently waiting for this moment to come, and thank you so much. It has been more than a year that I left you guys hanging, but I do hope with this update, all your waiting didn't go to waste.

Kryber is still my main ship guys, you don't need to woory because I still have a lot of stories that involve the two of them as the main ship, so I hope you guys watch out for those. But!!!!

I did say on my last update on IDTST that I will drop a bomb when I will update Smoke. Now that I have, IT'S TIME.

So to you, my dear reader, can you kindly click on this link? ;)

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiWggyceQzo

 

DonkeyASS is finally walkin' out! :P