FOUR

One of the Girls

IMPORTANT A/N (1/16/12): So I pretty much re-vamped the last 3 chapters (+foreword) so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE go and read them. I added more and changed A LOT of things. It’s like reading a different story (kind of). You will not understand this chapter if you don’t read the re-edited ones.

FOUR

 

 

 

 

I’m usual the type of guy that avoids being in the limelight.

I honestly hate it when people focus their attention on me. It makes me uncomfortable. That’s why I’d like a quiet career in working in a lab as a chemist or something. Not like noona. If she was here right now, she’d be basking in all the attention she’d be getting.

Once I entered through the school gate, all eyes were on me.

And to be honest it was really intimidating.

Especially when they’re all girls.

And I’m normally a guy who doesn’t care much about girls and anything that has to do with them. Now I’m in a situation that requires me to care. A lot.

“Ms. Cho Ara?” I turn at the sound of my sister’s name and see a woman dressed in a gray suit smile at me. I bow politely. “The head-mistress would like to meet you.”

Oh crap. The head-mistress. I totally forgot noona enrolled in the middle of the year and was held back. Crap, crap, crap, crap—

“Ara-sshi?”

“Hm?”

“Are you alright? You keep hitting yourself on the head?” the woman asks concerned. I blink. One of my hands is balled into a fist on my head. I was beating my head with my fists.

Well now this lady thinks I’m crazy. Great impression Kyuhyun.

I smile sheepishly at the woman and grab my luggage. I follow her to the largest building and stare at awe at the architecture of the building. It looked modern with a hint of Medieval Europe (like Harry Potter or something). The walls were made out of stone and brick. We entered the building and I was surprised at how modern looking it was. The halls were lit up brightly and the walls were painted in a warm yellow. Girls roamed the halls on their cell phones and music players.

After walking for a long time, the woman, stopped in front of a set of twin large oak doors. I gulp as she knocks on them. “Head-mistress, Cho Ara is here.” There is a pause before the doors slowly open.

Inside the room, sitting with the pride of some queen, was a cold-faced woman. She was staring at me with her cold eyes as I stepped inside the room. I clutch the guitar strap that is on my shoulder. She was really intimidating. I immediately bow with respect.

“Ara-sshi,” the woman, who I assume is the head-mistress, says her voice just as icy as her appearance. I flinch involuntarily which she notices. “You don’t have to be so scared. I’ve heard quite a lot about the girl who isn’t afraid of anything.”

I blink looking up. She knew noona? “Eh?”

The head-mistress smiles, the ice seeming to melt off her face. “You have quite a reputation within the school system here in Seoul. And including the fact your mother works at an art school and your father is the director of one of the universities many of our students attend.”

I feel myself nod my head. I always got the same thing, too. Noona and I were usually treated differently when people found out about who are parents were. It wasn’t like we were rich though, so I don’t see the need to treat us any different.

“To be honest, I was a lot like you when I was younger,” she reminisces thoughtfully. I stand there awkwardly. This is really weird. Well, weirder than it already is. She shakes her head and smiles. “I’ll get the student council president to show you to your new dorm.”

And on cue, the doors opened revealing a young woman. She was dressed in the same thing as I was; a beige and pink plaid skirt, a white dress shirt with a beige blazer that had the emblem of the school—a mugunghwa flower and instead of the red ribbon like I had, she wore a light blue one.

She was really beautiful. I mean, really beautiful.

“Ah, Ms. Kim, please come in,” the head-mistress says, motioning for the girl at the door to come in. She smiles softly and elegantly crosses the carpet, her jet-black hair swaying side to side. “Ms. Cho,” the head-mistress turns to me. “This is Kim Hyuna, the student council president of our school. I had asked her to look after you as you complete your final year here at Mugunghwa Academy.” I nod, bowing as she smiles. “This is Cho Ara,” she says pointing to me. “She’s your sunbae, but I want you to take good care of her.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ara-sshi,” she flashes me a perfect smile. “I hope we could be great friends.”

 

 

<<<<<<<<<<<{}>>>>>>>>>>>

 

 

I immediately pegged Kim Hyuna as a saint.

While she was showing me around the campus, many different girls came up to her asking for help in various fields. She helped them, apologizing to me every time she had to do something. In the short time I meet her, I had found out Hyuna was the president of the student council, a member of the track team, the lead vocalist in the choir, part of the orchestra, dance team, and had the highest grades in the entire school. And to top it off, she was gorgeous.

She was otherwise known as the perfect girl.

If I was an idiot like Donghae or my sister, I’d think that this would be something coming out of a movie. Some guy dresses up like a girl to attend an all-girl school, meets the most popular girl in school, stupid cliché things happen, he’s identity is revealed, and happily ever after. I’m too much of a realist to make that happen.

…Even if Hyuna does look like she belongs in a movie.

“And here we are at your dorm!” Hyuna says, clapping her hands together. “If there’s anything you need, please don’t hesitate to ask!”

I bow for the millionth time today. “Kamsamnida, Hyuna-sshi.” She laughs, lightly hitting my arm.

“It’s okay, eonni! You can just call me, Hyuna,” she flashes me a bright smile.

The door in front of us opens up and a disheveled looking girl instantly collides into me. My reflexive instincts kick in as I wrap my arms around the girl to steady her fall.

“Jweshonghaminda!” the girl squeaks, gently pushing me aside. I get a good look at her face and feel my eyes widen. It’s Sooyoung, the young woman that was carrying those bags from before. She stares at me in confusion. “Have I met you before?”

I quickly shove her aside, awkwardly coughing. “Uh, I don’t think so.” I turn my head and face Hyuna. She’s glaring at Sooyoung but when she sees me looking, it instantly disappears.

Weird.

“So you two are roommates! How nice!” Hyuna says, smiling brightly. Sooyoung’s eyes widen and she bows seeing Hyuna.

“President Kim,” she greets politely.

“Sooyoung, this is your new roommate, and my new friend, Cho Ara. I hope you treat her like you would treat me.” Sooyoung tenses and glances at me.

“Arasseo. It’s nice to meet you, Ara-sshi,” Sooyoung bows.

“Since I’m super busy, would you please Ara-eonni unpack her things, Ms. Secretary?” Hyuna gives Sooyoung an expectant look, challenging the taller girl. Seeing Sooyoung uncomfortable makes me feel bad.

“Ani, gwaenchanayo, I’ll be able to do it on my own,” I tell Hyuna who shakes her head.

“This is an order from the student council president to her secretary.” Sooyoung flinches. I see an odd spark flash in Hyuna’s eyes. “Please let her take good care of you.”

Hyuna spins around leaving me and Sooyoung in front of our dorm alone.

On second thought, there’s something oddly dangerous in Kim Hyuna.

 

 

<<<<<<<<<<<{}>>>>>>>>>>>

 

 

“Kim Hyuna, you piss me off!” Sooyoung screams, punching her pillow. She was on her side of the small room which was covered in various idols and a bunch of people who I assumed were here friends and family. She continued to yell, beating her pillow while I quietly re-arranged my side of the room.

I sigh after five minutes of her frustrated yelling. “Aish, you didn’t have to stay here at all if you weren’t going to help me!” I say in annoyance. I cross my arms across my chest and look at her from across the room.

“Oh, want me to help?” she asks sheepishly getting up from her bed. I roll my eyes.

“It’s fine, go back to being annoying.”

“Yah! That’s not nice,” she says, hugging the pillow.

“Who said I was nice?” I counter, placing my guitar next to my desk.

“Ooh, you play guitar?” I feel her shuffle towards me. She peers over my shoulder to see my guitar.

“Can you leave me alone?” I say, standing up abruptly. She was directly behind me, so she jumps back in surprise, falling onto her back. I sigh, extending a hand to pull her up. She happily takes it and I pull her up.

I turn away and continue to organize my belongings but stop when I feel Sooyoung’s small hands grab my wrist. “Let’s be friends, eonni!” she says rather cutely.

(er, that’s because she reminds me of a cute puppy that’s all).

“Why?” I ask, ripping my arm away from hers.

She gives me a look similar to noona’s when she thinks I’m being stupid (when in reality she’s the stupid one). “Because we’re roommates! I don’t want my roommate to hate me, you know?”

Right. That’s true.

I sigh. “Fine, we could be friends.”

A wide, toothy grin spreads across her face. I feel my heart skip a beat.

Wait, what?

“Then let’s go out once you’re finished here, ne?”

I find myself absently nodding to her request.

What just happened there?

 

 

<<<<<<<<<<<{}>>>>>>>>>>>

 

 

A/N: ohmygoshsadhfh. I nearly pissed myself at all the views. I love you guys so much sadjhfdshf

I hope you guys like the re-vamped chapters!

Munchkin_x3, rashiwon, Chocolate_loves, sparkythegamer, bluesujulove15, voicesinsync, coppee, Ddooyoung, HubaHuba, and rizkiajunior! Thanks for the reviews!

Please keep dem reviews coming!