TWO

One of the Girls

TWO

 

 

 

 

 

One word to describe noona would be “reckless.”

And my parents hated that word. They thought that people had to be responsible in order make something with their lives…which was another thing my parents hated; people who lazed around and did nothing worth meaning. And noona was dangerously dangling on that fine line.

She had always been considered one of the “bad” kids at school. You know the ones that always skipped class and snuck out of the dorms in the middle of the night. She was one of those kids.

It wasn’t that noona was a bad person she was just…stupid. That’s not considered bad right?

“Oh, Kyuhyun-ssi. You’re here.” I look up and see a stock of platinum blonde hair.

“Sunbae,” I greet before turning back to my notebook.  I was sitting inside my dorm finishing up my school work. It wasn’t like I had anything else to do.

“How many times do I have to tell you, call me Hyukjae or Eunhyuk!” my roommate flashes his gummy smile at me, setting down his backpack on his side of the room.

“Seeing as you’re in the grade above me, I feel that using respectful terms with you is appropriate,” I say deadpanned, not bothering to look at him.

I hear Hyukjae sigh and shuffle to his bed. I continue to work on my report for class as the two of us lapse into a mutual silence. Although we were roommates, we didn’t talk to each other much. It was probably due to my cold personality and the fact that I knew he felt awkward being around me.

We stayed like that, me working on my homework and him doing whatever he was on his bed for a few minutes before I head a ping coming from beside me. I pick up my phone and see a message from noona.

 

To Kyuhyun

From Noona:

come out. i want you to meet someone

 

I glance at the table clock and sigh. Nine-thirty -five. Twenty-five minutes until dorm curfew.

 

To Noona

From Kyuhyun:

I have curfew in 25 and a report due tomorrow. no

 

I place my phone back on the table to continue working on the report when suddenly I get a reply back in less than five seconds.

She sent the blackmail picture and under it she wrote,first i’ll send it to donghae. meet me @ the café from earlier”

My eye twitches in annoyance. Can’t she ever give me a break?

I stand up abruptly, startling Hyukjae from his position on the bed. He stares at me curiously as I grab a light jacket and my keys. “Yah, where are you going? Curfew’s going to start soon.”

“Something family related came up. Just tell the dorm head that.” I slam the door shut, blocking out my roommates protest.

It only takes me three minutes to arrive at the small café noona and I met at yesterday afternoon. I enter the inviting place and scanned the crowed, looking for her. It looked a lot different at night. There were a lot more people and there was a small stage I hadn’t noticed before. The lights were dimmed and patrons sat around listening to others preform at this sort of open mic.

I find noona sitting near the front of the stage with a man beside her. It be precise, a foreign man.

What was noona doing with a foreign man?

Noona’s eyes find me standing in the back and she jumps up, motioning me to come over. “Kyuhyun, come!” she yanks me down to sit down and that’s when I get a good look at the man next to her.

The man looks either Australian, or English. He has wide green eyes, staring intently at noona. I look at her, expecting an answer.

She laughs, nervously before grabbing a hold of the man’s arm. “Kyu-ah, this is Blake. Blake, this is my dongsaeng, Kyuhyun.”

The man, Blake, bows and extends a hand for me to shake it. “It’s pleasure to meet you, Kyuhyun-sshi,” he says politely. “Ara-ah has told me quite a lot about you.”

I just nod dumbfounded, staring at noona. “Wae—“

“I wanted to tell you more about why I asked you to take my place at Mugunghwa Academy.” My ears perk up hearing this new development. Noona glances at Blake who nods at her to continue. “You see, Blake is in a band from America. He’s here for a tour,” she pauses trying to gauge my reaction. I don’t move an inch. “We met a couple of weeks ago and well,” she smiles, looking into his eyes. “We fell in love.”

That has got to be the cheesiest thing I have ever heard. Jesus.

“And what does this have to do with anything?” I ask, trying to break the lovey-dovey spell.

I check my watch. I have ten minutes left until curfew.

Noona takes a deep breath. “I’m leaving with him in a few weeks.”

Excuse me, what?

What did she just say?

She’s leaving for America?

“Wae?”

 

 

<<<<<<<<<<<{}>>>>>>>>>>>

 

“She’s in love with a foreigner?”

“She’s going to America?”

Donghae and Sungmin start shooting questions at me after I told them everything that happened last night. They didn’t even seem to care that I was late for curfew. Jerks.

“For the last time, yes she is!” I groan, scribbling something down. Because I didn’t get back until late last night so I didn’t have enough time to finish my report. Stupid, noona and her stupid American boyfriend. AISH, I have more important things to do with my life.

Donghae whistles, leaning back in his chair. We were currently at the breakfast hall eating, well, breakfast. “Isn’t that a bit extreme? Since she’s leaving for America, how long will you have to do this?”

“She told me it’s only going to last two months, and then she’ll be back.”

“That long?” Sungmin asks worried. “What about you going to school here? Won’t they get suspicious?”

“Noona told me that she got our school’s approval to let me live at home. So I’ll be still going to school here, just at different times,” I say, finishing my report.

“Christ, going to two different schools? How the hell are you going to do that?” Donghae looks incredulous. I stare at him. Doesn’t he know who I am?

“I’ll be able to do it, trust me.”

At the exact moment I was going to start next week’s calculus homework, my phone vibrated in my pocket.

 

To Kyuhyun

From Noona:

Meet me in front of the rail station now.

 

I felt my right eye twitch. Doesn’t that idiot even care that I have class today?

“What’s up? Who’s it from?” Sungmin asked, peering into my phone. I shoved his face from me and texted my response.

 

To Noona

From Kyuhyun

I have class. Unlike a certain someone, I have the image of a model student to uphold.

 

It was less than five seconds before she responded back.

 

To Kyuhyun

From Noona:

Yah, get your down here now or else the school board will find this picture and there goes your perfect reputation

 

I swear to God, this girl is going to be the death of me.

 

 

<<<<<<<<<<<{}>>>>>>>>>>>

 

 

“Bwoh! Why are they here?” noona exclaims when Sungmin, Donghae, and I find her in a ridiculous disguise outside the rail station.

“Annyoung, Ara-noona!” Donghae exclaims happily. “You’re looking lovely as usual today.”

Noona rolls her eyes, shoving his face. “Not in your life,” she turns to Sungmin and smiles sweetly at him. “And how’s my little Sungminnie?” she cooed ruffling his hair affectionately. This time I roll my eyes as Sungmin smiles brightly at her.

“I’m doing fine, noona! You look extra pretty today,” he finishes with a charming puppy like smile. Noona squeals, taking Sungmin into a tight hold.

“EEEEEEEE! So much aegyo! Noona loves you the most Minnie~” I sigh prying the two of them away from each other.

“Noona, you’re so mean to me!” Donghae wails, fake sobbing. Noona rolls her eyes and ignores him.

“Why are you dressed up like that?” I ask, glancing at her crazy get up. She was wearing a dirty-looking, gray hoodie, a large pair of dark sunglasses, and a leopard printed scarf that wrapped around her face.

“We’re going spy on the school you’ll be attending,” she says, placing a finger on her lips.

“Eh? Wae?” I ask confused.

Noona sighs with exasperation, as if I was the stupid one for change. “Because it’s the school you’re going to go to, duh!” I feel myself mentally face-palm. She doesn’t know how answer people’s questions. She claps her hands together. “We need to put you guys in disguises first.”

Noona reached behind her and pulls out a giant brown paper bag. “Your pick!”

I stuck with a simple brown scarf and black beanie hat. I couldn’t wear sunglasses due to my glasses anyway. It wasn’t much of a disguise considering Sungmin, Donghae, and I were still dressed in our uniforms. At least the scarf is covering the school’s logo.

I turn to see what Donghae and Sungmin were wearing and laugh out loud (that would be weird if I did though).

“Yah! This is supposed to be a disguise! Why are you dressed head to toe in pink?” Donghae scolds. Sungmin was wearing a pink baseball hat, a pink hoodie, and a pink scarf.

“I like pink,” he says innocently.

“Aish, this kid…” Donghae say attempting to grab the hat and scarf. Sungmin skillfully dodges him causing Donghae to glare. “You’re going to stand out if you go there like this.”

Noona approached the two and looks sadly at Sungmin. “I’m afraid the block-head’s right. We want to blend it, Minnie.”

Donghae looked triumphant until noona’s insult sunk in. “YAH!”

Idiot.

 

 

<<<<<<<<<<<{}>>>>>>>>>>>

 

 

“Ne, ne, I’ll get it for president,” a young female responded, resting her cell phone on her shoulder. She struggled to carry several bags and talk on the phone at the same time. She paused listening to the person on the other line speak. She pursed her lips, holding in her anger. “President wants me to do what?” she forced out, trying her best not to yell. She sighed before speaking, “Ani, I’m not doing anything. I’ll get it right away.”

“You need to do this for President Kim, Sooyoung. She’s so nice to everyone so please do this as a favor to all those she helped?”

Sooyoung sighed again, blowing a strand of her short hair away from her face.

“Like hell she’s the nicest person ever.”

Suddenly, coming out of nowhere, a man, dressed in a rather strange pink getup, ran past her at full speed, knocking down her bags. The man fumbled over the bags before looking back. Someone who had a checkered patterned scarf wrapped around his face was shouting at him to stop. The man in pink bowed deeply. “Jwesonghamnida, ajumma!” he yelled before running away.

The other man ran faster to catch up with the man in pink, and in the process stepped on one of Sooyoung’s bags.

“YAH!” Sooyoung yelled in annoyance. “YOU JERKS COME BACK HERE! AND WHO ARE YOU CALLING AJUMMA, YOU PUNK!” She sighed, seeing as they totally ignored her and began to pick up the mess. “Aish…I’m dead.”

She felt the presence of someone next to her picking up her things. She tensed before looking up. A handsome young man in glasses wearing a scarf and beanie, nodded at her and Sooyoung felt her face heat up. “Kamsamnida,” she bowed politely and continued to pick up her belongs.

She looked up and noticed he was staring intently at her. Sooyoung felt her face grow even warmer.  “W-wae?”

“You go to Mugunghwa Academy, right?” Sooyoung glanced down at her rather pink uniform. She didn’t really like it but it was what she had to wear. The man seemed to be scanning her. Sooyoung tensed.

“Was this guy a ert?”she thought, inching her way.

“Um…”

“What’s your name?” he said abruptly. He was still staring at her, which made Sooyoung uncomfortable.

Then his words registered to her brain. “Excuse me?”

The man shrugged, nonchalantly. “Never mind, you don’t have to tell me.” He looked past her and bowed slightly, surprising Sooyoung. “I’d like to apologize for the terrible behavior my friends had showed you, agassi.”

Sooyoung couldn’t help but blush at the man’s politeness. “He even called me a young lady, eep.”

“Aigoo! Where are they?” The man turned around as a short girl ran up to him. “At this rate we’ll never—“ the girl’s eyes widen seeing Sooyoung in front of her. Like the man, she scanned her in shock.

“Ah, so he was just surprised to see my uniform,”she thought with relief.“There’s no way such

“Let’s go before you say something stupid,” he said, rolling his eyes. He grabbed the girl’s arm and bowed politely. “It was a pleasure to meet you…”

“S-Sooyoung!” she stuttered out. The man gave her a heart-stopping smile before walking away in the opposite direction he came from.

Sooyoung blinked in confusion after a couple of seconds. “Who was that guy…?”She was snapped out of her confusion when her phone vibrated again. “Aigoo! What now!” she groaned before answering the phone, still wondering about the mysterious stranger.

 

 

<<<<<<<<<<<{}>>>>>>>>>>>

 

 

A/N: YAY! I got another chapter done! Woohoo! Thanks to Ddooyoung, Chocolate_loves, and sparkythegamer for being the 3 people to comment on the first chapter :3

Sdjfaksfksdfjka and let me just share this:

-dead- 

delusional shipper is delusional, but idgaf so hard because this is probably the cutest kyuyoung moment ever asfjsahfjk. I can’t get over it.

Please review! it'd be nice to see more comments~ I don't want to be like those people who say they won't update unless they get comments!