THREE

One of the Girls

THREE

 

 

 

 

 

Mugunghwa Academy had a huge campus. It was three times bigger than the school I was currently attending. It looked like basically every girl in South Korea went here. There were several tall buildings that towered over the large court yard that many students seem to roam around without fear. And within good reason. The campus was surrounded by thick iron fences.

Because the school was heavily guarded, we had no chance to see how inside the school looked like. Nuna was pissed about this.

“Aigoo…I can’t see anything…” she complains, trying to fit her head through the bars.

“Yah babo, you want your big fat head to get stuck there?” I scowl, crossing my arms across my chest. I knew if we stayed here any longer, someone would catch us. We obviously didn’t attend the school and we looked like crazy stalkers.

“Arasseo, arasseo,” she says waving a hand in the air. “Yah Sungmin, get on Donghae’s back and try to see over the fence.”

“Bwoh? Why my back?” Donghae complains. Nuna just rolled her eyes.

“Don’t be a baby. Minnie get on his shoulders,” she smiles sweetly at Sungmin. That girl is totally biased over Sungmin…I don’t even understand.

Not wanting to take part in this ridiculous plan any more than I had to, (I mean come on; I’m already going to dress up as a girl for my sister’s sake) I leave the three of them to do my own investigation work.

I round a corner when I notice someone walking to the front gates. I quickly hide behind corner and look from my completely obvious hiding spot. It’s the young woman Sungmin and Donghae bumped into earlier.

She looks like she’s struggling to carry her belongings and talking on the phone. If she isn’t paying attention—

CRRCH! One of her bags rip.

“Aish!” she shouts, reaching down to pick the bag up which only worsened the situation because she drops all of the bags.

Out of instinct, I ran over to help her. She looks up, and her eyes widened. “Y-you?” she stuttered in surprise. I ignore her and continued to pick up her belongings.

“You know, if you can’t carry all of this stuff, don’t buy it in the first place,” I mutter, before offering a hand to help her up.

She pushed it away and stood up straight. “Why are you here? Did you follow me?” she questions. Geez, she didn’t even bother to say thank you or anything this time.

“I just happened to walk here, is that a problem?” I answered, slightly annoyed. “Here,” I handed her the bags which she snatched away and gave me a suspicious look. “Wae? I’m not a ert stalker if that’s what you’re thinking.”

“You wanted to know my name,” she says defensively, holding one of her hands up. “It’s bound to sound suspicious.”

“I just wanted to apologize for my friends’ behavior. Is it wrong to ask for the person’s name when apologizing?”

The girl blushes and I smirk. “G-gwaenchanayo…” she mumbles. She bites her lip nervously and bows. “Kamsamnida; for helping me twice. You’re really kind.”

I blink. She was actually kind of cute. In a sort of innocent puppy way (not the Sungmin way. That’s just annoying). She had short hair that reached her collar bone, and if it weren’t for the obvious fact she was wearing a pink school uniform, she could actually be mistaken for a young boy. Then again, her height killed that theory. She was actually pretty tall for a girl (granted, I was still a head taller than her).

I smile at her politely and nod before checking my watch. The three of us (because noona wasn’t in school) still had to go to class. And I swear to God if I’m not back in time to hand in my report, there will be hell to pay. “I’ll be seeing you Sooyoung-sshi,” I say, waving back.

I have the strangest feeling I’ll be seeing her a lot.

 

 

<<<<<<<<<<<{}>>>>>>>>>>>

 

 

When noona told me that I was supposed to be trained by someone on how to be a girl, I assumed that it would be her.

I didn’t think it would be a man.

“Kyuhyun, I’d like you to meet your trainer,” noona says, signaling to the man standing directly in front of me. I could only blink in shock.

“I’ve heard plenty about you, Kyuhyun-sshi,” the man says, flashing me a smirk. He gives me a look over making me tense. Was this guy gay or something? He laughs, brushing a few strands of his red-orange hair away from his eyes. “Trust me, you have nothing to worry about kid.” He turns to noona who’s giggling at the entire scene. “He’s a cute kid. Reminds me of me when I was that age.”

There was no way a flamboyant guy like him could have a personality similar to mine.

Noona laughs out loud, causing me to flinch. “You’re only twenty-four, Heechul-ah! You’re still young.”

Heechul smiles approvingly at noona, gently patting her head. “This is why you were always my favorite dongsaeng.”

“So what the hell do I have to learn?” I grunt in annoyance. It wasn’t like I actually wanted to learn how to be a girl. I was being forced to do this.

“Well, first I need to change you into a girl.” Heechul walks over to me and inspects me. He squints his eyes looking up. “With the magic of make-up, anyone could turn into a woman so you’ll be okay in that category…” He starts to circle around me and frowns, tapping his finger to his chin in thought. “Though, you’re build is too much of a man. And you’re pretty tall too…”

Abruptly, Heechul runs to the back of the empty salon. For some strange reason, there were no people here in the middle of the day. A couple of seconds pass and Heechul comes back holding a dark brown, wavy wig.

“Giving you long hair will make you seem feminine. Especially with your build and height, it will hide it,” he says handing me the wig. “Do you wear contacts, Kyuhyun?” I shake my head as he takes my glasses off of my face.

“Yah--!”

Ignoring me, he inspects my glasses and rummages through a drawer nearby. “It’s not quite your prescription, but its close. I’d advise to get some contacts in your prescription.” Everything’s a giant blur, but I know he’s smirking at me. “You look better without glasses.”

I try to take in everything Heechul tells me to do, and because I’m naturally good at everything, I was able to pick things up fast. I know noona is amused about this because in the middle of my “training session” I hear her taking pictures. I whip around, annoyed, taking her cell phone away.

“Yah, Kyu-ah!” she wails, trying to reach the phone.

I shake my head and delete the photos. “You’re not taking pictures, got it?” I say harshly, shoving the phone back to her.

“But it’s a memory! I’m sure your friends would love to see this!” she says evilly, waving her phone around playfully. I shoot her a dark look. What the hell? She’s worse than me.

Er, not that I’m bad or anything.

The ping on her phone distracts her from humiliating me any further. A wide and bright smile instantly spreads across her face, and without even looking, she waves at the two of us. “Yah, Heechul-ah, I leave my little brother to you!” And she leaves without a thought.

I stare at Heechul who smiles at me.

I hate you so much noona. I hate you.

 

 

<<<<<<<<<<<{}>>>>>>>>>>>

 

 

Tomorrow is the big day.

The day I’d be taking noona’s place at Mugunghwa Academy.

Everything was settled. I already moved out of my dorm much to Hyukjae’s confusion. He thought that the reason I left the dorms was because I hated him. I had to reassure the older boy he had nothing to do with my decision to leave.

“Eunhyuk’s such a cry baby, that’s why,” Donghae says, plopping a chip into his mouth. “He’s always had this notion that everyone in the world hates him.”

“Is that anyway to treat your best friend, Donghae-ah?” Sungmin scolds, hitting him in the head with a pillow. The three of us were in Donghae’s dorm hanging out. Sungmin was on Donghae’s bed while Donghae and I sat on the floor.

He shrugs. “It’s like the same way Kyuhyun treats us anyway.” I turn to glare at him.

I was reading a list of things Heechul had forced me to learn. It’s been a week since I first met the insane man and he hasn’t stopped drilling things into my head since. There were so many things you needed to learn in order to be a female. It’s so annoying.

“Yah, Kyuhyun,” Sungmin pesters, nudging me with his foot. I grimace, smacking his leg. “I want to see how you look as a girl.”

“Yeah! We still haven’t seen it yet!” Donghae laughs.

I and wordlessly get up.

It couldn’t hurt to show them right? It wasn’t like anyone would come crashing into Donghae’s dorm anyway…

It took me only five minutes to put on the wig, make-up, and contacts (I didn’t bother with putting on the uniform. It was too much trouble). I step out of the bathroom and roll my eyes at their reactions. Sungmin’s jaw is opened wide while Donghae blinks like an idiot over and over. I absentmindedly twirl a strand of hair looking expectantly at them.

“Holy ,” they say in unison.

“Stop staring at me. It feels weird,” I say shuffling side to side. Their reaction is expected. My hair was long; reaching past my shoulders. And Heechul (oddly) taught me how to apply make-up (he was apparently a make-up artist and hair-stylist for celebrities).

“You really look like a girl,” Donghae finally says after a long stretch of silence. He pauses looking up at me. “Though you’re way too tall to be one…”

I roll my eyes and look at Sungmin for a reaction. His mouth was agape and he kept blinking. “Wae?” I ask. “Have you never seen a girl before?” I joke, punching his shoulder

“No way that’s you, Kyuhyun-ah,” Sungmin says astonished after a long pause.

“Ani, it isn’t,” I respond smirking. “I’m Cho Ara- imnida.” I bow politely, trying to seem like a girl.

Donghae whistles. “Those lessons with Ara-noona sure worked.”

“Che, that girl taught me nothing. I know more about the female mind than her,” I say hotly, taking a piece of lint out of my hair, erm, wig.

“Says the guy who’s never been on a date,” Donghae responds, smirking. I glare at him, throwing a pillow at his head. He dodges it, causing it to hit Sungmin.

“Women are stupid. I don’t have the time or patience to deal with them.”

“Yah, that’s cold!” Sungmin yells, throwing the pillow back.

Seemingly out of nowhere, the door to Donghae’s room opens causing the three of us to freeze in fear.

“Donghae-ah! Kyuhyun-sshi forgot this notebook at our dorm—“

Lee Hyukjae is standing there, wide eyed. I stare at my former roommate horrified and turn to Sungmin and Donghae who have no idea how to deal with this situation. I wasn’t even at Mugunghwa Academy yet and my secret was exposed.

Before any of us could react, Sungmin picks up a large, heavy book text book and throws in across the room. We watch in slow-motion as it smacks Hyukjae square in the face, knocking him out cold.

“SUNGMIN!” Donghae yells in shock and runs to his best friend. “What the hell? Eunhyuk, Eunhyuk! Can you hear me?”

“I panicked!” Sungmin freaked out, shaking in fear. “Oh God, please tell me I didn’t kill him!” he shrieks. I shove him out of the way as Donghae glares.

“You killed him! You killed my best friends! Oh, Eunhyuk I’m sorry,” he wails, hugging the blonde haired boy in his arms.

I roll my eyes. “Yah, babo. He’s not dead. He’s just unconscious.” I walk over to the two and look at Hyukjae. His eyes are closed and a nice red bump in on his head. Other than that, he looks like he’s peacefully sleeping.

Aish, why do I surround myself with idiots?

 

 

<<<<<<<<<<<{}>>>>>>>>>>>

 

 

It was no surprise that every girl at Mugunghwa Academy was buzzing with gossip on the new student that was attending. They all wondered type of girl would enter the school in the middle of the year. The news spread like wildfire, and it reached Sooyoung in no time.

Sooyoung was sitting in the middle of the court yard, eating her lunch while playing with her Nintendo DS when a blonde haired girl ran up to her and snapped her picture with her SLR camera. “YAH! Jessica! I’m eating! Delete that!”

“Did you hear about the new student that’s coming today?” Jessica said, excitedly, ignoring Sooyoung’s protest. “I hear she’s a third year like me. I wonder if I could get an interview for the newspaper…”

Sooyoung glared at Jessica. “Yah, did you hear me? Delete that picture. Now.” Jessica held her hands up in defense.

“Arasseo. Aish…what’s been bugging you?” she asked, taking a seat beside her friend. “Yuri told me you’ve been like this since last week.”

“Aish…don’t remind me. Hyuna’s working me like a dog,” Sooyoung scowled, taking a large bite of her rice ball.

“Kim Hyuna? Are you sure?” Jessica asked, confused. “She’s like the nicest girl in this school!”

Sooyoung didn’t feel like explaining why Hyuna treated her differently than the other students. She and Hyuna lived in the same neighborhood growing up. There was a rivalry between the two of them due to Hyuna’s jealously of Sooyoung. “That should have changed since everyone only ever pays attention to her…”

“Never mind, it’s nothing,” Sooyoung said, shaking her head. “So what about the new student?”

~~

I step out of the taxi car and pay the driver who helped me get my belongings (which weren’t much except my guitar and a couple of pajamas that actually belonged to me). I look up at the large iron gate and sigh. I was finally here. After a week of preparing for all of this, I was finally at Mugunghwa Academy…posing as my sister.

I walk up to the gate with my guitar bag slung across my shoulder, waiting patiently until it slowly opened.

This was it.

My first day as a guy disguised as girl attending an all-girl boarding school

Oh joy.

 

 

<<<<<<<<<<<{}>>>>>>>>>>>

 

 

A/N: And the story finally begins.

 omo, i guess all i really need to do is post a cute kyuyoung moment in order to get comments hahaha

thank you so much voicesinsync, coppee, Chocolate_loves, HubaHuba, summerliah, sparkythegamer, and zndoctvn13!

saranghae♥~

{and I’d appreciate it if you’d stop by and read my other kyuyoung story, Just Like Magic. <-shameless promotion}

Keep da comments rollin’~ it keeps motivating me to write more!