Finding Baekhyun (Again)

Mafia Boss and I

Sehun's big hands were able to carry three ice cream at once. Two in his left hand and one in his right hand. While walking towards Baekhyun and Luhan's place earlier, he ate his ice cream.

A look of confusion was clearly visible on Sehun's face when he arrived at the bench where Baekhyun and Luhan were.

"Is this the wrong bench?"

Sehun muttered to himself and looked around. Because the benches in this amusement park all looked similar, he thought he might be misplaced.

Finally Sehun went around trying to call Luhan. He had to throw the two ice cream earlier because it melted.

"Why isn't he picking up?" Sehun grumbled angrily as he looked around with his cellphone still attached to his ear.

The call wasn’t answered and made him grumble for the umpteenth time. Finally he sat on one of the benches to rest.


He pondered for a while, normal people would think they went to the toilet. But they are Luhan and Baekhyun, the two people who have relations with the youngest mafia leader in South Korea. Sehun cursed to himself. Leaving them both alone is a very stupid choice. Especially in a crowded place like this. Plus, Luhan didn't pick up the phone, which meant something really happened. Chanyeol would have killed him if he knew his Baekhyun disappeared.

Sehun was too hasty before, and not checking the incoming message. He only saw an unread message when he opened his cellphone again to call Luhan.

Luhan sent you a message.

Sehun pressed the notification. His eyes widened and he immediately stood up from his seat when he read it.

One word. Just one word and Sehun immediately understood that he had messed things up because he left Luhan and Baekhyun.

'Help.'

Exactly two seconds after he read the message, there was an incoming call from Chanyeol.

Sehun sighed before finally picking up.

"Chanyeol hyung, I can explain. I didn't mean to leave- "

"If you don't find them within 5 hours, I'll kill you, Oh Sehun!"

With that, Chanyeol ended the call.

Sehun still froze. His brain still can't process all of this.

Tracking missing people or tracking Chanyeol's target is his meal everyday. But this time, the missing person was Luhan. Yes, Luhan.

Only a stranger he saved by accident that day. The day Chanyeol’s mafia gang and Wu Yifan’s fought.

.

.

.

.

.

3 years ago

.

.

.

.

.

 

With heavy panting, the beautiful man hid behind a large rubbish bin.

He just returned home from his part-time job. Exactly at 11 pm because he had to hear the scolding from his boss first.

He accidentally saw them. His friends always reminded him to no longer pass the old abandoned building. They said there are a lot of monsters in there. He always thought his friends were childish because they still believe in monsters.

But today he understood what monster they actually meant.

He saw a big fight between two gangs that he didn't know. He just thought they were a bunch of obscure gangs who decided to hold a fight.

But after one of them saw him pass, he was immediately chased without mercy. And from there he knew, they were not just ordinary gangs.

"Hey, come on,"

The beautiful man covered his own mouth with his hands. Trying to hold  his breath to not be heard by the scary-looking man.

"If you surrender yourself, the punishment you receive won’t be so severe. We’ll only make sure and convince you not to say anything to the police. "

The beautiful man closed his eyes and cried. His hand was still covering his mouth so that his sobs can’t be heard.

Suddenly he felt a breath right in front of his face. His heart was beating really fast.

Slowly, he opened his eyes. He almost screamed when the man's face was now only 10 cm from his face.

"Hey, gorgeous. Here you are, "

It all happened very fast. The man grabbed his neck until he stood up.

His grip was getting stronger so he felt it’s getting harder to breath.  He patted the man's hand as hard as he could, asking him to stop. But still, there’s no mercy for him.

"I told you earlier. If only you gave yourself up, it won't be difficult for the both of us. But look now, I’m so disappointed because I have to kill a man as beautiful as you,"

The man's left hand was still gripping his neck tightly, and his right hand successfully landed a hard punch on the beautiful man's cheek.

He thought, apparently this is the way his life will end.

He felt his breath getting slower and his eyes slowly closed. When he almost lost consciousness, he suddenly heard the sound of a loud punch and at that moment the grip on his neck was released.

He slowly opened his eyes. His blurred vision could only catch a figure of a tall and thin man who was beating the scary-looking man who had choked him earlier.

The man who helped him said something to the scary-looking man, but he couldn’t hear it clearly. A second later the man immediately ran away and left him with the tall and thin man who helped him.

He was very sure he didn’t know this man, but suddenly he knelt and hugged him tightly.

"Hey, I'm sorry for being late," his voice was very smooth and slow.

Seconds later, the pretty guy loses consciousness.

***

The beautiful man opened his eyes slowly. He immediately grimaced in pain when the pain in his cheek stung.

He looked around, this place was certainly not his small apartment. This place is a mess, but feels comfortable.

Suddenly a voice startled him.

"You're awake? How’s your cheek? I compressed it with ice last night, "said the man, walking toward the bed and sitting next to him.

This man. The man who helped him. But can he be trusted?

"L-last night?"


"Yes, last night. You were unconscious overnight. And now is 10 AM. I hope you have enough rest, "

"Here ... yesterday ... last night-"

"Ah no," the man quickly cut his sentence.

"You really were unconscious all night. I did nothing to you, just calm down. I just took off your shoes and jacket, then compressed some ice on your cheek. Only that," The man tried to convince him that he had done nothing.

"T-thank you," he replied with a slight bow. Without looking at the man in front of him.

"No problem. Ah, right. My name is Sehun. Oh Sehun. Maybe we can be friends from now on, " The man named Sehun stretch out his hand. After a few seconds, his hand was welcomed.

"I'm Luhan," the beautiful man replied with a small smile.

Since that day, Sehun has been monitoring Luhan every day. He knows where Luhan lives, where he works, and his daily schedule. Maybe if the police knew, he would be arrested for stalking. But there’s no other way. He knew that Luhan would be monitored and become the target of other mafia gangs.

Actually he wasn’t completely stalking, because he and Luhan often met and spent time together. Like friends.

And gradually, Luhan finally got to know Chanyeol and learned the fact that Chanyeol and Sehun were no ordinary people.

.

.

.

.

.

Back to the present

.

.

.

.

.

Sehun cursed for the umpteenth time. He ruffled his hair in frustration.

He quickly ran to the parking lot and headed to Chanyeol's mansion.

On the way, Sehun racked his brain. Baekhyun and Luhan disappeared together, that means the person who kidnapped them knew that they were related. More precisely they have a relationship with Chanyeol and Sehun. And Chanyeol and Sehun are certainly related.

After thinking for a long time, Sehun finally got the answer, ","

***

When he arrived at Chanyeol's mansion, he was welcomed by all the maids. However, unlike usual, Sehun ignored all of them.

This was immediately realized by Minseok.

He walked behind Sehun, following him to a special room filled with all Chanyeol’s and Sehun’s equipment. Where Sehun used to do all his work.

"Young Master Oh, is there a problem? Is there anything we can help you with? ”Minseok finally opened his voice after Sehun sat in his chair, in front of him there were many advanced computers that he always use.

Sehun only turned his head and looked at Minseok in response.

Understanding Sehun’s stare, Minseok bowed politely and left Sehun alone in the room.

Sehun then started to do what he always do, hacking.

He hijacked the CCTV system in the amusement park earlier and searched for the ones closest to Baekhyun and Luhan's position before they disappeared.

After successfully getting it, Sehun watched every second of the CCTV footage carefully.

"Wow, he really prepared it well, huh?"

Sehun looked back at the footage. It seems like the kidnapping mastermind has prepared his plans carefully.

In the recording, there was two men who approached Baekhyun and Luhan. They stood with their backs facing the CCTV so that’s all Sehun could see. It seems like they purposedly made Baekhyun and Luhan invisible from the CCTV range.

This made Sehun facing difficulties because he can’t see what they were talking about. Usually he always reads lip movements.

Shortly after, it was seen that the two men dragged Baekhyun and Luhan together. But strangely, the people around them did nothing and only watched.

5 seconds later, they disappear from the CCTV range. Sehun tried to look for CCTV footage from another angle, but it seems like these people knew the exact location of each CCTV, so they chose a way that wasn’t recorded or only slightly visible on CCTV footage.

" you, Wu Yifan."

Sehun's fingers moved very fast on the keyboard. He was too serious staring at the screen until a frown was seen on his face.

He heard a little conversation from outside the room, Minseok's voice.

"E-excuse me, young master, I’m very sorry b-but Young Master Oh wants to be alone-"

Sehun was shocked when the door opened violently and displayed Chanyeol's figure in the doorway, with a face full of anger.

He is still wearing his hospital clothes.

Angry, he walked towards Sehun and pulled his collar until he stood up. This was really the first time Sehun saw Chanyeol being angry at him. Seeing Chanyeol's angry eyes made Sehun freeze in his position.

"H-hyung, please let go-"

Sehun's words were cut by Chanyeol's punch which perfectly landed on his face.

"I trusted you to look after Byun Baekhyun! You know very well how dangerous the outside world is for him right now! Have you lost your mind to the point of leaving him alone?!”

Chanyeol shouted with full of anger right in front of Sehun's face. At times like this, even looking into Chanyeol's eyes was an impossibility for Sehun. He just stared at the floor.

After sighing and daring himself, he raised his head and looked at Chanyeol.

"Hyung, I didn't really leave him alone. He was with Luhan and-"

"Luhan, you said?!" Chanyeol's grip on Sehun's collar strengthened.

"Luhan is a man who is as weak as Baekhyun! How can you trust him to take care of Baekhyun?!"

"Luhan isn't as weak as you think!" Sehun shouted at Chanyeol, startling him. He could accept all of Chanyeol's curses for him, but he really couldn't accept it if anyone looked down on Luhan.

"Oh Sehun, how dare you-"

"Luhan isn't as weak as you think, hyung!" Sehun snapped at Chanyeol and let Chanyeol's hand off his collar roughly.

"Luhan is more than just a beautiful man. He is more than just the weak man you have been imagining. He isn’t weak, it's just that the person he faces is always never on his level of power."


Chanyeol fell silent hearing Sehun's words.

"You can blame me or hate me for the rest of your life, because that's what I deserve. But please, hyung. Don't ever look down on Luhan in front of me. "

"Sehun, I didn't mean to-"

"I was checking the CCTV in the amusement park. So please leave me alone so I can focus- ”

"Wu Yifan. Wu Yifan is the mastermind behind all this, ”Chanyeol interrupted Sehun's words.

"I know. And now I'm tracking him," Sehun said as he sit on his chair and began typing on his keyboard.

Chanyeol shook his head, even though Sehun didn't see it.

"You won't be able to track him. If we can, we probably have killed him since a long time ago,"

Chanyeol said while sitting on the chair next to Sehun. Sehun turned his head towards Chanyeol, as if asking him to continue his words.

"All you need to do is find out whether Wu Yifan has any relation with Luhan. Is he really only after Luhan or is there something else. Remembering the person who you fought when helping Luhan was one of Yifan's subordinates. I think it has something to do with this,"

Sehun paused to process Chanyeol's words. True, he didn’t think about that before. The relationship between Wu Yifan and Luhan.

***


Baekhyun closed his eyes, trying to catch his breath.

He hates this situation. He had experienced this before and he really hated this.

He opened his eyes again and looked around. He was in the middle of a very dusty room. Baekhyun felt like this place was an old, abandoned building. This room is very spacious and there’s only a small lamp in the middle of the ceiling. It makes the room only have dim lighting.

When Baekhyun just wanted to scream for help, he realized that his mouth was covered with a tape, his hands were tied to the back of the chair, and his legs were also tied together.

Baekhyun cursed in his mind. ‘Damn, why should this happen again,’

Baekhyun's eyes widened when he heard footsteps from behind him. Fear covered him again. His body flinched when he felt the touch of a hand caressing his face from behind.

"Your face is really like porcelain. Looks like Park Chanyeol bought you at a very expensive price, huh?"

The man brought his face closer to Baekhyun's ear.

"Do you want to play a game? You have to guess who I am just from my voice. "

The whisper in his ear makes Baekhyun shiver even more in fear.

He tried to scream with his mouth which was still perfectly covered, so that it only produced groans.

"Hey, hey, shhh. You can't be noisy here. If you are noisy, I’ll give you a punishment. "

Baekhyun finally stayed silent, tears already pouring down his cheeks.

He was really scared right now. He truly hoped that he won’t die in this place.

"Let's continue our game. If you answer correctly, I will only kill Oh Sehun. But if you're wrong, hmmm," The man's hand Baekhyun's face again.

"If you're wrong, I'll give a bonus. Kill Oh Sehun, and also your handsome prince,"

Hearing the man's words, Baekhyun groans again, louder than before. Trying to get away from all the ropes that are entangling his body.

"Hey, beautiful, shut up. If you move a lot, the rope will only hurt your skin,"

Baekhyun's tears keeps on pouring. His feelings are mixed now. Angry, sad, scared, all mixed into one. He groans even harder before finally the chair he sat on was kicked and knocked him to the dusty floor of the room.

Baekhyun groaned in pain. But he use the chance to see the face of the man.

Aware of what Baekhyun was trying to do, the man walked behind Baekhyun. Baekhyun's position is lying sideways, with the right side of his body touching the floor.

The man crouched behind Baekhyun.

"If you try to see my face, it's the same as cheating. We’re not supposed to cheat in games, right? People who cheat should get punished, right? "

The man pulled out a pocketknife from the pocket of his suit.

"Ah, before that, I’ll give you a chance to talk," the man released the tape on Baekhyun's mouth harshly.

"L-Luhan," was the first word that came out of Baekhyun's mouth.

"W-where are you hiding L-Luhan?" Baekhyun asked in a gasping voice.


The man laughed. Making Baekhyun even more confused.

"Hey, beautiful, at a time like this you shouldn't worry about other people. Situations like this are the situations where you can't be sure whether your life will be safe or not. And what? Luhan, you said? You still think about others?"

Baekhyun's tears flowed again. His lips trembled, trying to hold back his sobs.

"Don’t worry. Your beautiful friend is safe in a different room. I'm just worried you guys will plan crazy things if we put you together in one room,"

 Baekhyun didn't know whether he could trust what this man said or not. But if Luhan was truly safe, he could finally feel a little relief.

"Okay, back to the first topic. I’ll give you a punishment because you tried to cheat earlier," The man held Baekhyun's hand, caressing it a little.

"Doesn't Park Chanyeol feel bored with your smooth skin? I’ll give a little carving here so you can look more beautiful,"

Baekhyun cried out in pain when he felt a sharp object scratching the skin of his hand.

He sobbed when the man stopped scratching his hand.

Suddenly, the man closed Baekhyun's eyes from behind with a cloth. He then heard the man walk toward him.

"Now is the last touch. So that you become a true work of art," The man caressed Baekhyun's face again. Before finally scraping the sharp object into Baekhyun's face.

Baekhyun's scream combined with his loud sobs from enduring the pain on his face.

"Be my work of art, Byun Baekhyun,"

***

To be continued