Who Are You?

Mafia Boss and I

It has been two weeks Chanyeol stay in the hospital. Every morning, he will always woke up with the same thought; when will he leave this goddamn place?

But that thought will fade soon after he saw Baekhyun’s sleeping face. Yes, Baekhyun decided to take care of Chanyeol in the hospital. Because of the far distance between Chanyeol’s mansion and the hospital, Chanyeol told Baekhyun to stay in the hospital.

Everyday, Baekhyun will sleep on a spacious and comfortable bed. Which made him thinks that the hospital is a kind of elite hospital because of the great service given to people who are not even patients of the hospital.

But, in fact, Chanyeol is the one who told his men to prepare the most comfortable bed for Baekhyun. He also told them to bring Baekhyun’s favorite foods every morning. And also, Baekhyun doesn’t need to go back and forth from the hospital to the mansion to get his stuffs because Chanyeol already told Yixing to take care of it.

Every morning, he always wakes up earlier than Baekhyun. He would watch Baekhyun sleeping and smiled without even realizing it. And if Baekhyun wakes up, he will pretend to fall asleep again.

Just like this morning.

“Chanyeol, I’ve been staying in this hospital for almost two weeks without going anywhere. Can I take a walk outside?”

Baekhyun put his chin on his palm, sitting on a chair beside Chanyeol’s bed, watching Chanyeol’s sleeping—or pretending to sleep—face.

He purposely talked when Chanyeol was sleeping. Too scared to ask it directly to him. Without him knowing, Chanyeol always listens to what he said everytime he pretends to sleep.

“I know you won’t let me wander alone. Order your men, whoever it is to accompany me. I have no problem with that, the most important thing is that I can breathe fresh air.” Baekhyun talked in a little bit whining tone.

He watched Chanyeol’s face with an annoyed face.

“Why do you have to be sick? You are the weakest mafia boss that I know! Now I’m trapped here with you!” He snorted in annoyance.

On the other hand, Chanyeol tried so hard to hold his laugh because of Baekhyun’s cute whines.

Baekhyun was staring at Chanyeol’s face—again—but with an adoring expression.

His sleeping face looks so soft, calm, and handsome.

‘Hey! Wait, Byun Baekhyun! Since when did you admit that he’s handsome?’

Baekhyun shakes his head.

Who knows this angelic and handsome face that looks like it belongs to someone soft and kind-hearted, turns out to be the face that has killed many people.

Baekhyun then recalled the moment when he first met Chanyeol and when the guy ‘bought’ him. Those moments when his hatred towards Chanyeol was really boiling his body. Especially when Chanyeol commanded and treated him badly.

And look at him now. He who used to hate Chanyeol, is now willing to spend time in the hospital to look after him. Even though it was clear that there were many soldier-like bodyguards who were guarding this room 24/7.

Baekhyun felt like he was the reason behind all of this chaos. Although Chanyeol was used to dealing with such attacks, remembering that he was a mafia.

However, this was the first time he laid in the place he hated most, a hospital.

"Why does my hatred just disappear, Yeol? What have you done to me?"

Chanyeol who heard Baekhyun's words, was a little stunned. But he still pretended to be asleep.

"I really hate you because you are cruel and you treat me very badly! You really flooded me with lots of wealth and luxury, but I don't need all that, Yeol. You even had time to lock me up like an animal. I even had the chance to think that it would be possible for me to die in a state like that. "

Chanyeol felt even more stunned. This was the first time he heard Baekhyun's complaints. In the past, he always yelled at Baekhyun every time he cried.

Never once did he let Baekhyun say what he wanted to say.

"But now, my hatred that I couldn't deny before, just vanished, Yeol. Even myself still don't know the reason. Yes, I hope as time goes by, I will find out the reason. And I hope you can treat me better. "

After finishing his sentence, Baekhyun left his seat. His stomach began to feel a little hungry, so he planned to buy breakfast.

"Don't ever lock me up like an animal anymore, Yeol. I have no problem if your bodyguards  follow me wherever I go. As long as you don't lock me up like you used to. "

Now Baekhyun turned around and walked towards the door.

Just before his hand reached for the doorknob, he turned to look at Chanyeol again.

"I know you won't hear this because you're sleeping. But can you ask Yixing to stop talking formally to me? "

*

*

*

*

*

A group of people in maid outfits was moving back and forth inside Chanyeol's mansion. They look very busy preparing something.

There are some who clean the living room, there are some who put ornaments on the walls and ceilings of the house, there are also those who prepare various kinds of appetizing food on a large and luxurious dining table owned by Chanyeol, and there are still many other activities.

On the other hand, it seems that Minseok is busy giving directions to each maids to carry out their duties.

This is the first time this kind of busy activities has taken place inside Chanyeol's huge mansion.

The last time a similar thing happened was when the maids prepared a surprise on Chanyeol's birthday. The surprise will be given after he returns from the amusement park with his parents. However, the surprise was not as expected because that day, Chanyeol didn't return with his parents.

Then, will there be another party at Chanyeol's house?

No. Chanyeol hates parties.

Then? Is this a birthday party for someone else?

No.

All maids are busy preparing everything, for one reason.

Baekhyun will return home.

Of course this is not the initiative of the maids. Baekhyun even only left home for two weeks. It was Chanyeol who ordered all of them to greet Baekhyun in a best way possible. He heard everything that Baekhyun said when he was pretending to be asleep earlier.

He will ask Baekhyun to return home because it turns out Baekhyun feels 'trapped' in the hospital.

"Make sure Young Master Byun likes this surprise, understand?"

Minseok shouted a little so that all the maids passing by could hear his voice.

"And make sure all of you welcome Young Master Byun with the most friendly smile you have. Treat Young Master Byun the same way as you treat Young Master Park. Understand?"

Minseok shouted again.

"Yes, Sir!" All of the maids answered in unison.

Sehun, who had been watching from a distance, chuckled to see how exhausted the maids were, only because of one sentence Chanyeol said,

‘Welcome Byun Baekhyun well. ’

He walked towards Minseok and patted his shoulder.

"You really are very dedicated to Chanyeol." Then he chuckled again.

"Ohh, Young Master Oh. Have you been here for a long time? Sorry I didn't see you because I was too busy- "

"Just relax, hyung. I also just want to see the condition of the mansion. Apparently there is a chaos in here. "

"Ah, that's because Young Master Park told us to welcome Young Master Byun."

Sehun then slowly patted Minseok's shoulders.

"Did Chanyeol hyung ask you to greet him with all of these?"

Minseok was silent. Sehun's question was enough to hit him. It's true, Chanyeol never asked them to greet Baekhyun with these things.

Sehun chuckled again when he saw Minseok stay silent.

"Don't take my question too seriously, hyung. I understand Chanyeol hyung never revealed he wanted all of these, but he actually hoped for it. "

Sehun patted Minseok's shoulder one last time.

"Okay, just continue your work. Don't be too hasty. It's still early and Baekhyun will be back later in the afternoon. "

Sehun then left Minseok and walked towards the door. Turned his head slightly and said, "I'll go then, hyung."

*

*

*

*

*

At 3 PM, Baekhyun already took a bath. He doesn't really like taking a shower after 4, so he always takes a shower around 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

When he came out of the bathroom, he saw Chanyeol sitting on his bed while reading a novel.

"I just found out that a mafia has an interest in reading romantic novels."

Baekhyun's tone was a little mocking.

"This isn't a romantic novel. If you don't know anything it's better if you shut up. "

Chanyeol spoke very coldly, without turning his gaze from the novel in his hand.

Baekhyun just snorted in annoyance.

"What do you want to eat tonight? This morning, a nurse told me that you are allowed to eat other food beside the foods that is provided by the hospital. "

Baekhyun were tidying up his belongings, but his eyes were attached to Chanyeol.

"Tteokbokki."

Chanyeol's really short answer made Baekhyun feel a little weird. Usually, it was Chanyeol who will talk a lot. But today he suddenly changed, like returning to being the person Baekhyun hated.

"Fine, I'll buy it for me too."

After reaching a few money from inside his bag, Baekhyun went to the door.

Right when he was at the door, suddenly the door opened and showed Sehun with a very beautiful man. Maybe if his hair is long, Baekhyun already thinks he's a girl.

"Oh, are you going to go out, hyung?"

Sehun asked Baekhyun.

"Ah, yes. Chanyeol said he wants to eat tteokbokki, so I'll buy it for him. "

Baekhyun tried to focus on Sehun, but his eyes kept turning to the man standing next to Sehun. Really beautiful.

"Don't think about Chanyeol hyung. I'll take you home now, hyung. The tteokbokki, I'll buy it later. "

Sehun said while walking, taking Baekhyun's belongings.

"What? I'm going home today? Then who will look after Chanyeol? "

"Don't worry, there will be four people guarding Chanyeol's room tonight. He must be safe. "

When the beautiful guy answered Baekhyun's question, he could only remain frozen. His voice is very soft.

Baekhyun didn't respond, instead he looked at the guy with his mouth slightly open. Too stunning.

"Hm, Baekhyun-ssi?"

"A-ah, fine." Baekhyun answered. Then took his belongings from Sehun's hand and walked over to Chanyeol's bed.

"You will be fine right? If you need anything, just call the guard in front of your room very fast. Oh, or if you can't shout, you can call them- "

"I'm not a kid. I already know what I have to do. "

"He's only worried about you, hyung." Sehun defended Baekhyun. He himself was quite confused by Chanyeol's attitude which suddenly became cold.

"You guys better leave now."

*

*

*

*

*

"Baek hyung, we won't go straight home."

Sehun spoke while driving his car. The beautiful guy sat next to him and Baekhyun sat in the back seat.

"Where are we going?"

"The place that you wanted."

Baekhyun furrowed his brows, not understanding Sehun's words.

"Where do you want us to go?"

Like being able to read Baekhyun's mind, Sehun immediately asked to the point.

"To the mansion of course. Where are we going then if not to the mansion?"

"Order your men, whoever it is to accompany me. I have no problem with that, the most important thing is that I can breathe fresh air.” Sehun said, quoting Baekhyun's words to Chanyeol that morning.

Baekhyun who was familiar with the sentences, furrowed his brows. Then he remembered.

"Hey! How did you know that?"

Sehun just chuckled, "Do you think Chanyeol hyung was really sleeping this morning? Sleep is the most difficult thing for him to do. Moreover, he was in the place he hated the most, aka the hospital. "

Baekhyun was shocked to hear Sehun's words.

"Wh-What? S-So Chanyeol listened to all of my words earlier?"

"Yep."

Baekhyun closed his eyes and groaned. He really expressed all his complaints all this time. And stupidly he thought Chanyeol was really sleeping.

"Take it easy, Chanyeol hyung isn't angry with you. Really he laughed when he called me and told me about it earlier."

Baekhyun groaned again. What a shame.

Sehun only chuckled.

"Hey, you haven't decide where we're going." Sehun asked after a quick silence.

"Can I really decide where to go?"

"Of course. Isn't that what you want? Not locked up like an animal. "

"Hmm, alright. I want us to go to the amusement park. I haven't been to the amusement park for quite a long time. "

"Okay. We'll go to the amusement park that is not far from home. "

"No problem."

After determining their destination, the beautiful guy who had been silent while playing with his cellphone, sent a short message to someone.

‘An amusement park near the Park residence.'

*

*

*

*

*

After quite a long ride, they finally arrived at the amusement park. Baekhyun looked excited like a kid and spoke nonstop while pointing at everything.

They stopped and sat on a bench.

"Do you guys want ice cream?" Sehun offered them both.

"Sure!" Baekhyun said enthusiastically.

"Okay, you wait here for a while. I'll buy it. Please take care of him."

Sehun's last sentence was aimed at the beautiful guy, asking him to look after Baekhyun.

After Sehun left, the awkward atmosphere enveloped both of them.

"Ah, I haven't introduce myself before. My name is Luhan. "

The beautiful guy reached out with a sweet smile, and was greeted by Baekhyun's hand.

"My name is Byun Baekhyun. You can call me Baekhyun. "

Luhan chuckled, "Everyone already knows your name, Baekhyun-ssi. Who doesn't know the first person who melted Chanyeol's cold heart. "

Baekhyun just smiled awkwardly. ‘The first person who melted Chanyeol's cold heart.'

Without realizing it, someone was watching them from afar.

‘Boss, target seen. unaccompanied.'

'Good, do your work.'

*

*

*

*

*                                                                             

On the other hand, Chanyeol is still in his position, reading a novel.

Suddenly his cellphone rings, an unknown number called him.

Chanyeol frowned before picking up the call.

"Hello?"

‘Hello, Park. Long time no see. ’

"Sorry, who are you?"

‘Hahahahaha. Have you forgotten my voice?’

Chanyeol frowned even more. The voice did sound familiar, but his memory really couldn't remember the owner of the voice.

‘I’m still quite surprised that you let your little guy wanders around. Aren’t you aware of how dangerous the outside world is for him? Moreover, now he has a relationship with South Korea's youngest mafia leader. Don’t you think it’s like an invitation for your rivals to have him as a bait?’

Chanyeol grabbed his cellphone tightly. Why didn't think about this? Right now, Baekhyun's position is very dangerous and can be chosen as a target because he is one of Chanyeol’s closest person. Plus, Chanyeol is the most hated mafia leader by other mafia gangs because of his success.

"Who are you ?!" Chanyeol snapped. Anger and concern mixed in him.

‘Hey, don't panic. Your little Byun will be safe in our hands.’

"Don't you dare to touch him! Or I’ll kill you with my own hands!"

‘Hahahahaha, remember your condition now, Park. You're lying weak while reading a novel. How can you save your little Byun?’

Chanyeol gasped, his eyes looked around. How can this person know that he is reading a novel? That person must be watching him in a way.

"Who are you and what do you want?!"

‘You don't need to know who I am. But what I want is your little Byun to be mine.’

"Don't call him that way, you ! And I will never let you touch him, even a single strand of hair!"

'Don’t bother. My men are just a few steps away from him. And your friend, the computer maniac is also nowhere to be seen. Target easily locked. Hahahahaha.’

Chanyeol, who had been lying down, sat down immediately. His mind mixed up and tried to remember where Baekhyun was heading to.

Amusement park!

‘Don't try to pull out the IV in your hand and follow Byun, Park. These aren’t a romantic-life saving movie. Leave him and I won't bother you.'

Suddenly the sentence struck Chanyeol, ‘This isn’t  a fight for love. ’

‘Oh, it looks like my men have managed to get their prey. It’s nice doing business with you, Park Chanyeol.’

Chanyeol hadn't had the chance to answer, but the call had been cut off.

Chanyeol shouted irritably. His hand held both sides of his head, while closing his eyes, he tried hard to remember the familiar voice and sentence. The sentence that was often thrown at him.

When the memory stung Chanyeol, shock, anger, disappointment, and all mixed together.

"Wu Yifan!"

*

*

*

*

*

To Be Continued

*

*

*

*

*

A/N :

Hey Babies!

First of all, I am very sorry it took such a long time to update. I was about to discontinue the fics I wrote because I just couldn’t find any ideas and I’m just afraid it turns out to be ty and you guys won’t like it.

But after reading all the comments demanding me to continue this fic, I’m starting to feel confident to write again! Haha, thanks to all of you babies!

I’ll try my best to always update. And thank you for everyone who supported this fic. I love you guys so much!

And lastly, ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE. So I’m very sorry if you guys found any grammar error or typos.

See ya!