ch12

Unbounded: To learn, To teach
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*not edited

*****

1 day ago

The light of the day started to disturb Ji Ho from almost two weeks ago. She knew the time for her Sleep is coming, but din't expect to be so soon. This might be because she give her blood twenty  years ago. It was courious thing why a vampire will heal his tissues superfast, but the amount of fluids as water and blood will be retrived in a slower place. Or, maybe, this is exactely why  the rapid healing was necessary. And the fact the vampire's existence was hiden to the world.

The Sleep was also an adjustement to the vampire physiology, as result of constant lack of drinking  fresh blood. In the old days, the ones sleeping were the ones too afraid to go to hunt or the ones who were too atached to their's human part. Ji Ho din't have this problem. She was an avid hunter. 

The king from that period was helpful too. Because the others sourrounding countrys were attacking often, to the vampires was offered an agreement: the immortals will fight in the wars as paid mercenarys and they could keep the hostages to feed from them. Conversely, the subjects of the king will not serve anymore as food.

In time, the predators became special elite in the king's army gaining wealth and power. As the wars were less often they will buy slaves.  The poor humans weren't killed after their's master will feed from them one time. They will endure the torment again and again, until they will loose their's mind. Feeding from them, the older vampires started to get in bloodlust. And the new kings were afraid again. They called for the vampire hunters and the immortals were almost exterminated. 

Ji Ho was one of the few remaining alive, after she agreed to go to sleep. And, after one hundred years she crawled from her hideout to a complete new world. It was the middle of the '60 and the country slowly started to rise up after the wars. Then, she had found the grandfather of Ji Ho, wandering on the streets, searching for any meaningless job, so he can feed his family. She payied him and he agreed to give her an identity as his daughter.

The sound of a ringing phone take her out from the large window of the hotel. The one calling her was the least desirable human she wanted to speak right now, but she delayed a true meeting with him for too long. Too many had happened and it was the time to sort the things a bit.

"Hello! Mr. Sunggyu! Nice to hear you!" she said in the phone, her voice low and calm.

"Ji Ho-sshi?"

In the phone she can hear the distant sound of shifting clotes. Probably, the young man was suprised.

"I want to speak with. When we can meet?" she's hearing again his voice.

"I came back tomorow night. You can speak with Da Eun to let you wait for me at the mansion."

******

The steps sound in the big hall rhythmically and Sunggyu is rising his head from the armchair's backrest were he had fall asleep earlier. True to his words, he came to the mansion after he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter