019

Reset

Moon nodded as took another spoonful of her porridge.

“What is this? I tell you that you can come home and you just nod? I was expecting something more.” Joongki blinked, Changwook glanced at his sister.

“Oppa, the base was bombed because they were trying to get me. Oppa and Chanyeol are injured because of me. And now they’re letting me escape.” She recited and put her spoon down.

Changwook’s brows met.

“Muwon~”

“Your bosses want me to come home now that a lot of people are injured. If only they allowed me to come home earlier, no one would have to go through this.” She stood up and left the table.

 

 

Sehun sighed in relief and leaned back on the glass wall behind him, he had driven Moon’s dogs to her clinic for checkup and grooming.

“That’s what Kai said, she’s okay and that she’ll be flying home soon.” Gayoung said as she checked on Iron’s paws.

They could hear Bella and Minjoon howling as their groomers started bathing them.

“Noona,” Sehun spoke as Gayoung took off her surgical gloves.

“Hmm?”

“A few days ago..well it started last week or so, Moon constantly called me.”

“Unfair, but okay. How is she doing?”

Sehun followed Gayoung in her office.

“She sounded troubled…Moon told me that the military camp she was sent to was where her brothers were stationed.”

“And she’s troubled about that?” She blinked.

“Ani, she said she met this guy and from the way it sounded, she drove her crazy, you know.”

“Crazy..as in?”

“The way she sounded when she started dating Kai. That..kind of crazy.”

 

 

“You take care of yourself, okay?” Changwook stated, Moon nodded and eyed the plane warily.

“Oppa will visit soon, don’t worry. You can visit here too, if you’re not busy.” Joongki grinned before hugging her.

“Not visiting. No way.” She murmured, Changwook grinned and strapped her duffel on her shoulder.

Moon waved at the rest of the members of Alpha Team behind them.

“Thank you for watching out for me, soldier oppa-deul!” She smiled, Joongki blinked.

“What? Soldier oppa? Ya, you~”

“Bye, oppa!” She beamed before walking towards the steel stairs.

“Stop hovering, Joongki, really.” Changwook shook his head and went to the Jeep.

“Hyung, she~”

“Stop it.”

 

 

Muwon jolted up when the plane landed on land again, she looked around her.

Home

“Miss Lee, we’ve landed at the military headquarters. Your family is waiting inside the office.” The speaker announced, she looked around her, even though the plane has not come to full stop yet, the soldiers were already moving about.

Moon leaned back on her seat and felt something press against her thigh.

She swallowed and took out the item. It was a leather necklace with a bullet as a pendant. She exhaled.

“Moon, wait.”

She was about to leave her room when Joongki entered.

“Oppa, they said we’d be leaving for the airport~”

I know, we’re driving you. But this,He took out a white envelope from his pocket.

“What’s this? A souvenir?” She was grinning as she opened it, she saw the leather string and the bullet.

“Not from me. Before Chanyeol was taken to the hospital, he asked me to give it to you and he told me I could punch him later for hitting on you. But I let him get away with it.”

Moon halted, Joongki grinned.

“I’ll wait outside.”

Muwon buried the necklace back in her pocket.

 

 

Muwon, finally!Moon was engulfed in a tight hug as soon as she entered the hall, her mother was sobbing as she hugged her back.

“Eomma, don’t cry. I don’t want to cry in front of soldiers again.” She said softly, she saw her father walking to them with a smile on his face.

“I always thought that I only get to see my sons here, but now I am here to pick up my daughter too.” He stated and opened his arms to her, Moon smiled and kissed her father’s cheek.

“I’m back, appa, eomma.” She bowed politely. The elders smiled.

“How are you? Changwook called and informed us about what happened.” Her mother asked.

“I don’t think I’d be flying commercial anytime soon, and right now, I would do anything just for a hot bath.”

 

 

The car pulled over in front of the two-story villa, Muwon looked up from her seat.

“Thanks for driving me, ahjussi.” She grinned at their family driver, her mother looked at her worriedly as she nudged her husband.

“Muwon, are you sure you don’t want to come sleep at home? I mean, you~”

“Appa, I have to check on my house too. And, some alone time would do me well. Don’t worry, I’ll come by tomorrow.” She bid them goodbye and stepped down from the car.

She walked towards the gate and entered her property; she exhaled as she looked at the house.

“Finally.” She nodded to herself; she noticed the lights in the kitchen and living room were on.

She trudged towards the house.

“Oh Sehun.” She muttered as she pushed the doors open.

“Moon!” Kai was rushing up towards her, Moon stilled for a moment. Kai smiled and reached to cup her cheeks and planted a kiss on her lips before hugging her tightly.

“Kai.” She breathed as he pulled away.

“I was so worried, are you hurt?” He asked as he took a step back to look at her. She shook her head slowly.

“I’m okay, I just~” She saw Sehun and Gayoung standing behind Kai. Gayoung was teary eyed as she waved at her.

While Sehun was mouthing, “You didn’t kiss him back.

“I missed you too, Kai.” She nodded before kissing his cheek and walking to her friends.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++