020

Reset

Moon exhaled as she set the dishes down on the counter.

“You look happy that you’re back, I don’t see the vibe coming from you.”

She turned and saw Sehun leaning against the kitchen’s doorway.

“I just wasn’t expecting guests at home, not that you guys are not welcome.”

“Even Kai?”

“Sehun, please.” She shushed him.

“You were gone for almost three months, and all you could tell him was that you miss him.”

“I was just shocked.” She murmured as she took a long sip from her beer.

“Okay,” He raised both palms in defeat.

“I can grill you on this some other time. I’m just glad you’re back and still in one piece.” He grinned and hugged her.

“I know.” She replied, Sehun chuckled.

“You coming by tomorrow to get your kids?” He asked as he pulled back.

“Definitely. Thanks for taking care of them.” She nodded, Sehun left and moments later she heard his car leaving the house.

 

 

“I can annoy you tomorrow once you’re rested.” Kai smiled as they walked towards his car, Moon grinned.

“You lost a lot of weight, I don’t like it.” He mentioned, Muwon looked up.

“Well, food there isn’t exactly very appetizing, and when you have brothers who force you to eat more…it doesn’t exactly work.”

He chuckled.

“I never got the chance to meet them though.” Kai glanced at her.

“Maybe during their break?” She nodded as they stopped before the waiting Ferrari.

“Fine then, I’ll see you tomorrow.” Kai stopped in front of her. She nodded, Kai kissed her cheek then he paused.

“I love you, Moon.” He said before getting in his car.

Moon exhaled and watched as the car left.

 

 

“Not even a week, just two days. I have no words.” Gayoung spoke as she plopped down on the bed, Muwon was sitting in front of her vanity, putting on some moisturizer on her face. It was Gayoung’s second night at her place, the older girl had forced herself in the house, she was worried that Muwon would disappear again.

“I’m okay now, unnie. I cant allow work to pile up more.”

“Moon, you were gone for almost three months, and the place where you’ve been, it wasn’t exactly a vacation.” She pointed out, Moon shook her head.

“It wasn’t but, I did nothing there. Help my brothers clean their firearms, clean the house a bit, walk around, loiter around~”

Gayoung suddenly sat up, Muwon left her seat and plopped down on the oversized leather couch.

“Sehun..said something.”

“Sehun always has something to say.” Moon shrugged as she picked up the remote and started choosing which movie to play.

“What was it, unnie?” She asked distractedly, Gayoung looked at her friend.

“That you met a guy.”

Moon stopped moving, she looked at Gayoung.

“I didn’t say anything to Kai, Moon, I just~”

“It was nothing. I was just confused for a moment back there, it’s okay now, unnie. Forget about it.” She smiled and faced the screen again.

“So, how did he look like?” Gayoung beamed, Moon winced.

“Come on, details, Moon! He must be something if he caught our Lee Muwon’s attention.” Gayoung pulled the pillows around her, Iron huffed and climbed on Moon’s lap. Moon smiled and kissed the top of his head.

“Well, he’s okay. He’s an army doctor~”

“Can I speak to Moon’s girly side? Moon, come on.” She rolled her eyes, Moon grinned.

“He’s tall and handsome as hell, and I’m using your words. I mean that’s how you would describe him.” Moon looked at Iron’s paw. Gayoung snorted.

“Just like your type, Moon.” She mused.

“Yeah.” Moon exhaled and buried her face on Iron’s back.

 

 

Moon stepped out of her room, clad in her usual get up, a pair of skinny slacks, Pigalle pumps and a white blouse that hugged her curves nicely. Her white blazer was draped on her shoulders as she went down the stairs.

“Good morning.” Kai was smiling at her as she entered the kitchen, Gayoung was making pancakes, while he was sitting by the counter.

“Hi.” She smiled and opened her arms to him. Kai kissed her cheek before letting go.

“Okay so, I like the outfit. A little cleavage, yassss.” Gayoung set the plate down on the counter and winked at Moon. Moon’s hands went to the neckline of her blouse, Kai shook his head and started eating.

“Ah!” Gayoung got something from the table, Moon lifted herself on one of the stools.

“Your cleaning lady was going through your dirty clothes and she found this,” Gayoung handed her an achingly familiar necklace. Moon choked on her coffee.

The bullet hanging on a piece of leather string.

Kai looked at Moon worriedly and handed her a napkin. Muwon picked up the necklace.

“Is it a souvenir? It’s pretty.” Gayoung asked her. Moon shook her head.

“Just something I picked up.” She replied as she put the necklace in her pocket, but Gayoung yanked it from her grasp.

“Wear it today, it compliments your “I just got back from war” look.” She grinned at her.

“It looks good.” Kai nodded at her before picking up his fork. Moon looked at the two, then Kai wiped his lips and got the necklace from her hand.

“Turn around.” He told her, Moon stared at her.

“Kai, it’s fine, I can~”

“Come on.” Kai smiled, Moon sighed and turned her back to him. Kai set her hair on her shoulder and slowly put the necklace on her.

Is this some kind of joke? What have I done to deserve this?

“There, it looks perfect.” Gayoung smiled just as Kai tied the string, Moon touched the bullet on her neck.

“I’ll drive you to work today, eat up.” Kai squeezed her hand, Muwon nodded and looked at her plate.

She failed to notice that her phone beeped once, an email alert.

Muwon, it’s me.

Oppa’s coming home in a few. I’ve been discharged. Guess where I’m crashing?

Clean out one of the guest rooms for me, okay?

And, this is a secure email. It self deletes in thirty minutes.

See you.

-Minho

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++