018

Reset

Muwon flinched when she felt somebody lift her up, she couldn’t see clearly and she felt like she had gone deaf from the sound of bullets being fired.

She wanted to scream for her brother and for him.

“Agasshi, we have to get you inside the base. Can you walk?” The soldier who had picked her up asked.

She mustered the strength to speak but then her world turned black.

 

 

Kai hopped off his car, not bothering to park it properly, he rushed into Samsung’s main office and entered the elevator.

He was chewing on his lip as the machine started to move, he reached the top floor only to find Muwon’s parents speaking with an male in his mid fifties.

“Jongin.”  Mrs. Lee ushered him over, Kai swallowed and joined the three elders.

“Something has happened.” Muwon’s father spoke, the male before them looked away.

“What do you mean?” Kai grew concerned as he noticed tears falling from Mrs. Lee’s eyes.

“Uncle~”

“Muwon was being hidden at a military base located at the border of Nepal and Thailand.”

Kai nodded, this was news to him, the military and the government had always refused to tell any information about her, except that she was alive and well.

“And, is she coming home?” Kai asked.

“No, the camp was attacked earlier.” The male spoke, Kai halted, his brows met.

“Wh—What do you mean?”

“The camp was attacked by unknown rebels, the troop didn’t see it coming. We have been reported that there are two of our own injured.”

“Two of our own?” Kai was confused.

“Our eldest son and a doctor and no news about Muwon.”

“I don’t understand, how can you have nothing about Muwon?” Kai shook his head.

“Communications have been cut off, but we will contact you as soon as we get the news.”

 

 

Changwook leaned back on the seat, his eyes were on his sister. Muwon lost consciousness while waiting for the helicopter.

They were at the main base, as soon as their camp was being attacked they called for backup.

He sat up when she stirred.

“Moon?” Changwook went around to sit on the side of the bed. She flinched as she sat up.

“Are~”

“Oppa….I saw oppa bleeding..Chanyeol…Chanyeol..” She started to panic, she ripped off the IV needle on her hand and started to stand.

“Moon, wait.” Changwook gently took her by the shoulders.

“Minho hyung is being flown to a nearby city, he was badly injured.”

She slowly nodded.

“Chanyeol..we don’t know what happened to him. But reports stated he took a few bullets for you.”

Muwon froze.

“Don’t worry, right now he is also being flown into Bangkok with Minho hyung. Rest. I’ll ask the nurse~”

“I don’t want to sleep now, oppa.” She replied as she pulled away from him.

“Moon~”

“Please leave.”

 

 

“This is not a game for me, I’m being sincere when I tell you that I like you, Lee Muwon.”

Moon leaned on her knees and pressed her nose on the sleeve of her hospital gown.

Worry was starting to chew on her, her brother was severely injured and there was still no news about how Chanyeol was doing.

“I’m impressed.” A voice made her look up, Joongki was grinning at her.

Moon looked away and brushed the tears on her eyes.

“Are you thinking about a man, little dumpling?” He asked as he sat across her.

“Minho oppa.” She replied, Joongki smirked.

“Chanyeol too?”

She stilled, Joongki was just smiling as he opened a bottle of juice and handed it to her.

“Changwook hyung said some sugar in your system would do you well.”

She took a long sip and put it down.

“It was five actually.”

“Huh?” She looked up.

“I don’t know how he got to you so fast, Moon. One moment I was ordering the team to fire back, then I look up and see him right behind you.”

“Oppa, what~”

“It was five bullets.” Joongki’s brows met as he spoke.

“What?” Her voice was a whisper.

“This man…I approve.” Joongki looked at her.

“Oppa, we~”

“I’m not saying anything. I just approve.” He smiled and kissed her cheek before leaving.

“Oppa, wait~”

Joongki was smiling as he peeked by the door.

“How…How is he?”

“His operation went well. All he has to do is to recover. The same thing with your older brother, you might have forgotten about him.” He winked before leaving.

 

 

Changwook blinked and opened the envelope, his younger sibling was standing behind him.

“Its Moon’s name,” Joongki squinted his eyes.

Changwook exhaled and nodded.

“What is it?”

“She’s going home.” Changwook smiled, Joongki read the letter.

“Finally. I don’t want her to see this place again.” Joongki nodded.

“I heard that,” Changwook hit his arm.

“Hyung,” Joongki winced and rubbed his arm.

“You approve? You?!” I told you she already has~”

“Hyung, you don’t even know his name, how can I be sure that you’re right? Heol, really. Moon should date a military man.” Joongki pointed out.

“A military man shouldn’t play matchmaker!”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++