II: Your Turn

Marry You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I wonder why the hell are you living in this rundown apartment?" he complains when visiting his best friend from high school, "I mean, your books are best seller and you're quite a well-known DJ-"

"I spent my money on a beach house. Cash."

"What? There's a thing that called mortgage you know?" he seems surprised by his friend's statement.

"It's a pain."

Every time he looks at the slender girl in front of him with a dazzling golden blonde hair, he cannot understand the fact that the beautiful woman is lesbian. The first time she is coming out to him it was when they are the first year in college, she was crazily having a crush to one of the senior and could not help to settle her feeling. She has no one to talk to, hopeless with the parents she run to him and pour everything. He was not shock nor surprised, in fact, he was waiting from when his best friend actually will be confessed to him.

"Damn it Vic! Are you truly stupid or what?"

"It's convenient for Pete sake! I don't want to have a burden by having a mortgage."

"How much actually is the beach house?"

"Around four and a half mill in US dollars."

"No wonder you living in this junk," he crosses his legs while sipping his coke, "anyway, why don't you live with me? It's close to your publisher in the apple." he loves to mention New York as an apple.

"I'd love to, but New York is far from the island. No, thanks."

For Victoria Lee living close to her dream is much more important than any other things, she was not really fond of the idea moving to the US when her publisher offer her to live closer to their office. However, since they are really persistent and keep sending her gifts, she is accepting the offer and move to the US, in Boston, near Prince Edward Island, Canada.

She took all the gifts and cash it to buy the beach house she is been dreaming on since forever. The fancy car the Company given to her has been changed into a modest but newest model of a city car said she did not need a fancy car.

Her family has kicked her from the household when she was nineteen, her mother cannot accept the truth about her daughter being lesbian. The only family she keeps in touch is only her little sister, other than that, she seems to be forgotten by the others already. It was Damien who helps her when she was kicked out, she has been living in Damien's apartment.

She continuing her study no matter what by asking a loan from the University, she work her off day and night. The loan from University almost killing her to end, that is why she does not want to have a mortgage. It is better for her to pay the house in cash and living in a run-down apartment in Boston.

"At least, fill your fridge with proper food will ya?"

"You do it, I've no money left until the clubs pay my salary next week," she peek into her wallet and find only $ 27.4 left inside.

"I came here not to listen to your bull. You go with me, let's do some groceries! I've no plan to starve in Boston!"

It is always Damien who is patiently taking care of Victoria, sometimes he is considering whether he have a feeling for the latter or not. In the movie he had watched, it was always the girl who is doing the cooking or chores, but the thing with Victoria are totally different. He is the one who cooks and doing the chores because Victoria can be quite irritated for him if he forces her to do something other than things she loves to do.

Once or twice a month he will spend a time with Victoria in Boston just to spend time, wasting some money for food, cinemas or any other boring things. If she has a gig in Boston, then he will come, have fun, get himself a girl and getting laid for a night if he is lucky. But, mostly Victoria's DJ jobs are in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and New York.

"Say, Damien," they are on the way to do groceries.

"What?"

"Do you get contact to get me a job at Seoul? Like.. Maybe once in a month?" Damien is working at a huge law firm in New York, their clients coming from the usual housewives until the Hollywood star.

"I did. I'm Damien after all," he made a cheeky grin and raise his brow, "let's buy something first and we'll talk."

"I'll do whatever you told me,"

"Don't say a promise you can't keep," his smile getting wider.

"I won't."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter