III: Seoul's Gigs

Marry You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom get the news about her comeback stage is being extended to at least six more months, the director wants public to forget about her case one and a half year ago. She was too depressed to even smile in a public, she took meds from her psychiatrist in the State. What she did not know is the fact that the meds she took in the State are not acceptable in South Korea.

People start to accuse her of doing drugs, moreover, the haters found it as a golden way to bully her and drag her under. YG pull her out from everything, give her time to finish all her world tour then have her disappear from the public eyes. And now she has to wait for a little bit longer, giving the time for the rookie to shine.

And so, she has more days to laze around and spend her money with. The agency gives her more time to reflects, and place to hide. All this time she was staying between Seoul and Maine, somehow being with people she knows since high school relaxed her more. She is also going to psychiatric to keep managing her own feeling, to her own friend practice at Maine. She knows him when she was studying at Lesley University to learn psychology before she moves secretly to Berkeley College of Music.

"Where do you want to go now?" her manager ask.

"I'm going to wait."

"Wait for what?" her statement makes the manager a bit surprised because usually she knows where to go.

"Someone."

She had a few boyfriends before, in high school, college and in her early career, and maybe she was dated a few female as a fact of curiosity. Turns out she is very able to date a female, the feels are so much thrilling for her than dating a male. However, when she start to be really famous as a singer, she have less and less time to date or even to have a crush.

Then yesterday happened.

Someone named Damien text her via Victoria's account, she cannot believe what she read. She thought Victoria was messing with her, but the sentences that coming afterward were more polite, smooth and somehow ease her heart.

She is not a pushover, talking with the woman over sea make her forgetting the time very fast. Victoria does not remind her as fans, she did not ask many questions nor did she speak highly of her. They talked a lot, about music, about books, and movies.

In the last sentences, Victoria wrote to her it was her telling that she will have some gigs at a club in Seoul and she wants to excuse herself because her best friend, the Damien, already nags her to eat something.

"She's also promised me to give me her books," she read their conversation again, then smile while reminding the feeling she have when they were exchanging text, "speaking of the devil."

Her screen blink, telling her that she have an inbox message. She said good morning while in Seoul is nine at night, their time difference is thirteen hours apart with Seoul ahead.

"Why are you smiling like a fool?" she stayed at her sister's apartment since Chaerin still in Los Angeles recording her new upcoming album.

If Chaerin is away her sister and her staying at each other apartment, because in Seoul it was just the two of them left. When it is Dara's turn to go away, the younger woman will stay at her best friend's house; Gong Minji. Seoul most respectable dancer and singer.

"Nothing," she smiles again and type something.

Bom can feel the right side of the sofa she is sitting on is leaning on the other side, Dara sit next to her and took her phone, "don't tell me you've been texting with a stranger."

"Her name is Victoria Lee, she's twenty-eight. She wrote a book, which one of it has been made into a serial by Showtime. Also a DJ at night, you should've listened to her tracks! Wait," for Dara it is been a while seems she is seeing her sister this lively and excited, "here, listen."

Bom scroll her phone's screen towards a list of music in a site, she told her sister it was Victoria's private site. About her music, books and her travel experience. Then she pushes one title on the Lee' Top Tracks song named 'Art of Love', soon the music follows. It is a defining influence on the direction Hardstyle would take in the years to come, with its emphasis on synth based trance influenced melodies and heavy use of pitched kicks. Somehow the music is as thrilling as the person herself, it has effect even to Dara's ears. Victoria's is having a powerful music yet it soothed, it somehow bring the worst in them yet it soothed.

"I feel like I'm inside in the war between the Spartan and Persian," Dara admit it, "I hate it, but I can't stop listening to it."

"See..."

"She's a DJ in the US? Shall we go see Chaerin there?"

"You wish," Bom poke her sister's head and start texting again telling the other party that she is listening

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter