I Choose You (5/?)

JinKook AU Fanfiction Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 5: Choose to Listen

A few moments ago inside Seokjin's room...

After what felt like hours of crying his self out in Taehyung's comforting arms, Jin finally fell asleep. He was both mentally and emotionally tired so his mind and heart took the liberty of shutting all the pain away by putting him into slumber.

"I wish we could stay like this forever."

Taehyung was reluctant to let go of his sleeping friend at first even tightening his embrace around his fragile body but...

"If I'm going to give you up, there's no reason for me to desperately cling to you like this anymore."

Tae carried him to his bed and tucked him under the blanket. He sat beside the edge while staring longingly at Jin's beautiful sleeping face.

He took out his phone from his pocket and pressed the stop button on his voice recording app.

"You might hate me for what I'm about to do but if in exchange will be your happiness, I'd gladly do anything even if I, myself is breaking."

He went silent while gazing at the ceiling as if contemplating. After a few minutes, he stared at Seokjin's face once again and spoke with a desperate voice.

"Before I raise my white flag, can you grant me a few seconds that I can treasure in my heart forever?"

As if hearing an invisible reply, Tae hovered over Jin's face. He was about to kiss him on the lips but stopped midway and decided to peck his forehead instead.

"I don't even have the right to steal yout first kiss."

He softly rested his forehead against Jin's before muttering, "I know you're sleeping but if there's even a 1% chance that you're actually awake, please pretend that you're not... and please just forget everything you've heard except for the fact that... Kim Taehyung really loved you."

He pulled away only to see a stray tear falling from Jin's eyes. He sadly smiled before reaching out to wipe it away. "Thank you."

He then stood up heaving a deep sigh and walked towards the door. He gave his sleeping form one last glance before turning the lights off and whispering in the dark. "Goodbye Seokjin'.

*

Jin wasn't sure if he was just a half a sleep or was already dreaming but he somehow felt Tae hugging him tightly, he thought he heard him talking to him but he can't seem to understand what he's saying, and he even felt his body being carried and tucked in his own bed.

But when he felt Tae's soft warm lips peck his forehead, he fully came into his senses. He wasn't dreaming at all and he was just half a sleep. He was about to open his eyes but he suddenly felt his friend's forehead resting against his forcing him to continue shutting his eyes after hearing the other's next words.

"I know you're sleeping but if there's even a 1% chance that you're actually awake, please pretend that you're not... and please just forget everything you've heard except for the fact that... Kim Taehyung really loved you."

Every word was full of pain. He knew because he too was loving someone unrequittedly for so long. Taehyung loved him or more like he REALLY

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter