Mending A Broken Heart

JinKook AU Fanfiction Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whoosh!

A sound of a rocket bottle launching was heard somewhere around the park…

Kim Seokjin slumped on one of the empty wooden benches with a sullen expression. The gloomy atmosphere around him justified the tinge of heavy breeze blowing past his stiff body.

Despite his ‘don’t-you-dare-talk-to-me’ aura, you can never deny his astounding looks proven by his beautiful face, big doe eyes, cute nose, and pouty red lips.

Unfortunately, his soft blonde hair served as a mere distraction with his fringes intentionally covering his swollen eyes. His back was crouched and his head was hanging low as if carrying all the pain he had felt all throughout his 24 years of existence. His thoughts drifting off as memories of a recent major incident started invading his clouded mind and broken heart.

I was the one who seduced him…

“A blindfold is all you need...” I said as I straddled the man I love infront of me.

“It’ll be just as if your beloved Jiminwas here in your arms…” I muttered under my breath as I kissed him on the lips.

His cold hands felt so good against my back…

I love you so much Taehyung-ah…

But then…

“Jimin-ah…” He moaned as I forced myself to him.

Hearing him say that person's name…

I know, it’s already over before it can even begin...

I was utterly defeated...

All that’s left was the memory of his touch…

My love will never be returned…

I thought that my feelings would get through him if we had but…

I clenched my fist as droplets of tears fell from my eyes filled with void…

Suddenly…

A crashing sound was heard!

Seokjin was surprised as a rocket bottle landed a few inches infront of him. Seconds after, a handsome young man walked towards his direction picking it up.

His solitary wrecker looked at him and was quite taken aback after noticing tears streaming down his face. Realizing this, he quickly wiped it off with the sleeves of his shirt feeling a little embarassed.

He was then startled when he was suddenly grabbed by the wrist and was pulled up from his seat.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Jeon Jungkook.” The stranger introduced himself as he kept on pulling him towards the other side of the park.

“Huh? What the?! Yah! Let go of me! What’s up with you?! Yah!” He kept on wriggling out of the guy's grasp to no avail until they reached a spot where a group of three old men were seated on the grass drinking soju and happily chatting with each other.

“Kookie-ah! Did you find the rocket? Oh, a newcomer?” One of them asked.

Kookie-ah??? Like seriously???

Jungkook just simply nodded.

“Welcome, please join us!” They invited.

“Here you go, a little something for our new friend.” One of them handed him a can of fruit juice.

“Cheers!” The three oldies exclaimed in unison.

“A-actually, I’m just…” Before he could even finish his sentence, Jungkook gently his head running his hand through his strands.

“It’s gonna be okay.” He assured In a very caring tone.

“Yah, Kookie! Come over here a sec! This launch is going to be perfect!” One of the grandpas who’s playing with the rocket called out.

“Coming!” He replied after giving him a quick warm smile.

The feel of his hands just now, it was like...

No! Of course not!

Am I crazy?

There’s no way!

He then found himself seated with the group of old men finding it impossible to disappear into thin air. He didn't want to be rude so he told them his name without even knowing the exact reason why he's even there in the first place.

“So your name is Kim Seokjin? Okay, then your Jinnie-ah!” The one seated on his right exclaimed.

“Jinnie-ah?” He repeated feeling rather awkward with his new found nickname.

“You see Jinnie-ah, Mr. Kang had always wanted to be an astronaut so Kookie organized this little rocket launching party for him. And just in case you're a little curious, we were able to get to know each other through him too. We're his previous employers from his different part-time jobs." Grandpa on his left explained. Well, not that he actually cared.

“By the way, here’s my business card. Pay no heed, that’s just for formalities. Just dispose of it however you want.” Before knowing it, the other two were already giving him their cards.

What's the point? They’re just a couple of old guys on the verge of getting laid off.

He choked at his on his own words as he glanced at the cards on his hand.

Kim Seokjin! What manner of a man are you?!

The three old men were actually big shots, each having their own private company.

“Kookie’s childhood was a little complicated.”

Jin was brought out of his stupid thoughts and was again forced to listen to another tell-tale about the forceful guy who literally kidnapped him out of nowhere.

“He was abandoned as a new born on the steps of an orphanage and he started working straight out of middle school. Honestly, I can’t imagine how a 19 year old makes enough money for himself without failing to donate to the orphanage every month. He even said he’d like to take over the place someday. He’s a good kid. A boy like that deserves to find happiness.” The one infront of him smiled in admiration.

Seokjin gazed at Jungkook’s direction.

Happiness, huh…

The younger caught the blonde looking at him but he didn't averted his gaze.

I wouldn’t mind a little of that myself…

*

“Do you need something?” He turned around addressing the person following him.

“I’m just worried. You were crying so much earlier.” Jungkook pointed out of concern.

“It’s none of your business!” Jin retorted. He then turned his back against the younger male and started walking again.

“I heard you’re a Seoul University student. Would you be my tutor?” He continued trailing after him.

“Why me?” The older shot back annoyingly.

“I want to go to university for social work, but I dropped out of middle school, so I need to take a high school proficiency exam.”

“I’ve got a senior thesis to write, I’m too busy for that.” Jin reasoned out.

“Whenever you have spare time then.” The younger still insisted.

“Look, I’m not going to do it! Go ask someone else!”

Jungkook suddenly pulled his arm making Jin face him, their bodies a few inches away from each other. “You’re the one I want, Seokjin-hyung.” He drawled out.

Jin’s face turned red. He started blushing.

“What the hell?!”

*

Infront of Jin’s apartment…

“Let go already!”

“Please!”

“Quit pestering me!” Jin tried to break free from Jungkook’s tight grip.

“I want to learn!”

Jin forcefully pulled his arm away from the younger male.

“Get lost! I’m getting really angry!” He pulled the key out of his pocket unlocking the door.

“Go right ahead~” Jungkook whispered through Jin's ear sending chills down his back.

Feeling cornered, he opened the door in lightning speed and slammed it shut finally escaping the pesky person outside.

“What the hell is up with that kid?!” He then heard a clicking sound before realization dawned him.

“The key!” He quickly went outside again only to see that his house key was no longer on the door knob.

“I was jacked! This is the worst day of my life! I just got my heart broken and some random teenager took my house key! Screw this! I’m going to sleep!” Jin scowled at himself slamming the door behind him once again.

*

The next day…

He felt a hand touching his forehead.

Warm… Why does your hand feels different from usual?

He slowly opened his eyes only to see a famliar handsome but annoying face infront of him. He quickly sat up out of sheer annoyance.

“What are you doing here?!” He yelled at the younger man.

“Good morning! I finished my paper route so I thought I’d stop by.” Jungkook calmly explained while twirling the key on his left index finger.

“Get out! Leave my key and get the hell out!” Jin growled at him even more feeling really infuriated so early in the morning.

“I made breakfast. Please have some, if you’d like.” He said as he pointed towards the kitchen.

He wanted to start berrating him again but his stomach betrayed him after growling like that of a hungry beast.

Without even knowing when and how, Jin was already seated at the dining table eating breakfast together with Jungkook.

“Can you tell me why you’re going to such lengths to get me to be you tutor?” The blonde asked.

“You don’t know?”

“Not a clue.”

Kookie sighed. “Why indeed?.”

“The hell would I know you moron!”

After they finished breakfast, the younger started washing the dishes while Jin sat on the floor drinking a cup of tea. He stared blankly at Jungkook’s back.

I can’t bring myself to kick him out. His touch, although a bit different, it makes me remember… Aish! Come on, I need to get over this!

Even if I spend every waking hour thinking about Tae, he’s never going to feel the same… All that’s left is my memory of his touch…

Jungkook caught him staring at him. He immediately snapped out from his thoughts causing him to bump against the stack of books piled behind him.

Kookie's reflexes were fast. He quickly hovered behind Jin covering him from the falling books.

“Are you okay?” His strong arms wrapped protectively around the older one.

Jin turned his head to look at him. He could feel his heart thumping loudly against his chest with their close proximity.

Jungkook leaned closer. “Looks like you owe me one now.” He said teasingly.

Jin quickly stood up feeling really awkward with their position especially with the latter's words.

“Don’t get ahead of yourself, kid!” He said incredulously.

Kookie just smiled at him.

“Geez! Fine! I’ll do it! I'll tutor you! But we do it according to my schedule! And you better prepare for a Spartan education! Satisfied???” He exclaimed finally giving in.

“Yes!” The younger replied flashing another warm and bright smile full of innocence amd content.

This guy is way too candid!

Jungkook started gathering the scattered books on the floor. Jin helped him picking some of it. A few seconds and he felt a warm hand gently his head again.

“Jin-hyung, you’re so cute!”

Seokjin blushed from the sudden action but then he instantly realized that he's being treated like a four year old kid!

“You piss me off!!!”

*

A week later...

Seokjin went home early from work.

He turned the knob, it wasn’t locked. He opened the door going straight to the living room seeing the peaceful sleeping figure of Jungkook leaning against the stacks of books and even hugging one against his chest.

He’s here…

It’s got to be tough, juggling six jobs, but he always finds time to study.

Are… they alike?

He thought removing his coat.

No, not all!

His touch is the only thing that’s a bit similar.

He ran his gaze on the younger’s hands clasped together over a book.

The latter slowly opened his eyes and met Jin's piercing gaze.

I was caught staring! Gaaaaahd!!!

“Oh, welcome home!” The other enthusiastically greeted.

“Go wash your face while I check this.” He said pertaining to the questionnaires laid on the table. It was the exercises he asked Kookie to work on. The perfect distraction as of that moment.

“Okay.” He obeyed getting up and entering the bathroom. Jin on the other hand, sat on the floor and started checking the paper.

He got them all right! Damn it!

“Is your thesis coming along just fine.” Jungkook asked walking back to the room while wiping his face with a dry towel.

“Little by little. Looks like I’ll have to write another one though.” He answered hesitantly.

“Why?”

“Cuz I think I’m going to stay in school.”

“Are you being held back a year?”

“You idiot?! I’ll have you know I’m at the top of the literature department! I’m saying I want to go to graduate school!” Jin yelled at him feeling a little offended and throwing a magazine at the younger male.

He dodged effortlessly paying little attention to the blonde's random tantrums. “Oh, wow! That’s amazing! Well, it is YOU after all.” He blurted out, happiness visible on his handsome face.

Jin was taken aback by his words. He suddenly felt awkward.

“Uh, it’s nothing really… I was just trying to explain. I wasn’t trying to brag just now, really… I was just… um…” He was lost for words. He just realized that what he said earlier was quite egostistic.

“Why not brag? You’re an amazing person.” Jungkook complimented sitting on the floor across him.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter