Into Your Eyes and By Your Side Pt 1

Taking Care

 “Seriously, this place?!” Gongchan whined as you all stepped foot into the udon shop down the street from the apartment. Sandeul only looked back and shrugged.

            “Well, this place does have the best udon, I must admit,” Shinwoo shrugged, taking his silly friend’s side.

            “Yes, I agree. It’s not exactly a five star restaurant, but it is still sustenance and we should be happy for that,” Jinyoung agreed. Sandeul only beamed brightly like a child as he took Alex’s hand and led her in, followed by the rest of you.

            “I always knew Sandeul would take a girl he likes on a first date like this. Lots of good food for cheap. Can’t say that I am surprised,” Baro chuckled as he was the first one in and at the table. You all chuckled.

            “I mean, I like it, too,” you smiled shyly. “O, th-thank you,” you stuttered as Shinwoo pulled out your chair for you. Once you had sat down, he gingerly placed your napkin on your waist before sitting at your side.

            “O, wow, someone here is quite the gentleman,” Gongchan jested, roling his eyes playfully.

            “Excuse~ me for treating her with the respect she deserves,” he retorted pridefully. “She really is one of our biggest fans, don’t any of you remember? She’s been at like every U.S. fan meet and concert,” he reminded them. “And it is now my pleasure to treat her like part of the family. Let’s try to do the same for her and Alex, our wonderful new choreographer,” he suggested.

            “I agree. She does look familiar and we can’t deny that Alex is also amazing in her own right,” Jinyoung concurred.

            “Ah, I can do that, too!” Sandeul piped up. “Alex, stand up, please,” he urged cutely. Confused, yet intrigued, Alex got up only for him to push the chair back in and then take it back out for her. “Please sit,” he encouraged, his eye smile obviously compelling her to do as he wished. You only chuckled at his childish yet terribly adorable gesture and wondered what must have been going through Alex’ mind.

            “Did you really?” Baro asked in disbelief, shaking his head and wondering just how ludicrous his hyung could really get. “Wow, he really likes you,” he snickered as she sat down and Sandeul fumbled to place her barely touched napkin back on her lap. After he was done, he glared at the bold younger member, to her and the others’ amusement as he indignantly sat back down. He glanced up at her and blushed before burying himself in the menu although he could have recited the entire thing backwards and forwards.

            “It’s alright, you tried~” Alex consoled him with a bright smile of her own, patting his leg under the table, which you figured as the boy tensed up abruptly.

            “So, we know that Lenena here is a huge BANA and we thank her for that, so dom you like us, too, Alex?” Gongchan asked curiously, leaning into her. “There’s enough of me to share.”

            “O, get over yourself. You’re probably at the bottom of the list with all that arrogance,” Sandeul teased.

            “O, well, I am sorry to admit, but I am still relatively new to you guys, but thanks to her,” she paused, nodding her head towards you. “I have learned a lot about you guys and I do really like you guys a lot and I think I will love you even more as I get to know you all,” you explained.

            “So, who’s your favorite?” Jinyoung asked shyly, which sparked more conversation among the members except Shinwoo than he had expected.

            “It’s obviously me because I’m rapper,” Baro scoffed playfully. She nodded.

            “I do like rappers but-“

            “It’s me because I’m so hot,” Gongchan blurted out shamelessly, even garnering attention from some of the other visitors to the restaurant.

            “Well…” she trailed off.

            “Well, maybe it could be me?” Jinyoung suggested humbly.

            “You’re so sweet-“ she started.

            “Well, it can’t be me. I don’t do much,’ Shinwoo shrugged nonchalantly.

            “Well, don’t sell yourself short bu-“

            “It’s obviously me, guys!” Sandeul interjected, jumping up from the table and almost knocking the chopstick holder down in the process.

            “How ‘bout no, just look how clumsy you are. With moves and precision like hers, I’m sure she wants someone a little more… sophisticated,” Baro jeered.

            “Well, actually…”

            “So, that really is a yes? But why him?!” Gongchan inferred with a pout.

            “Do you really?!” Sandeul asked expectantly and excitedly as he looked down at her, his eyes wide. You smiled to yourself since you had known all along.

            “Well, I really like all of you, but I must say, Sandeul was the first one I connected with because of all his V Apps and his craziness. He seems like a great friend, but so do all of you now that I have met all of you!” His face fell for an instant, but his composure returned as she cutely ruffled his hair. Even you had to smile at the cuteness between the two of them. You and Shinwoo shared a knowing glance, knowing it was only a matter of time, but yet, only you knew that her heart was still set on Xiumin from EXO. You hoped it wouldn’t break Sandeul’s heart too much, but you had to play along in this wild game of fate and chance.

            “So, I hate to ruin all the fun, but what should we eat?” Jinyoung inquired.

            “Well, what does the piggy usually get?” Gongchan teased. “What do you suggest?”

            “You know what, I’m not even mad. At least I’m here favorite, Mr. Pretty Boy,” Sandeul reminded him. “Well, I usually get Item 2 if you were wondering, Alex.”

            “Item 5 looks pretty good to me,” you threw out there.

            “Actually, if you think that is good, you have to try Item 7. Trust me, it’s delicious,” Shinwoo suggested, leaning over to point at it on your menu. When his eyes came back up, they met yours and he smiled briefly but charmingly. “Maybe one day, I can bring you back here, just you and I and we can have Item 5 if you would like or just anything you would like,” he whispered softly as your heart raced at just the thought of being alone with Shinwoo.

            “Ok, I will take your word for it. I think I would like that. I would like that very much…” you trailed off, your mind nearly empty of everything but him and breathing. The rest of the members decided upon their respective meals as Sandeul nearly waved down the poor waitress who would have to deal with the several orders from him and Alex that were to come.

            “You know, for a first date, you probably shouldn’t be eating as much as you are,” Gongchan pointed out as Sandeul nearly shoveled down food down his throat- an accident waiting to happen.

            “It’s not a da-!” Sandeul snapped after slurping a thick noodle.

            “There’s a lot of things we probably shouldn’t do but we do anyway. Just leave us be and let us enjoy our meals,” Alex quipped as she too obviously enjoyed her meal with a little too much zeal. “You’re so right, Sandeul, this is the best udon that I have ever had. Thank you.” At this, Sandeul nearly choked on his meal, knocking over his water as he reached for it frantically, only making him blush harder when the ice cold drink spilled over his pants.

            “Aigoo~ Look at you!” Shinwoo exclaimed, immediately getting up from his chair and dashing through the restaurant for more napkins to help clean him up.

            “O my!” Alex exclaimed as well, trying to help out but also knocking over her drink in the process, much to the amusement of the other members. You sighed as you got up and helped clean the drinks from the floor while Alex and Sandeul were making near pterodactyl noises and squeals at the commotion they had caused. The other members also tried helping, moving the dishes out of the way to clean the dripping table but couldn’t hide their snickering.

            “Aigoo, dongsaeng, you should really be more careful,” you and Shinwoo reprimanded nearly at the same time. “You act like children.” You and Shinwoo looked at each other, for only an instant, your life stories meshing and coming together in a coherent and smooth unity, your minds synced and your feelings of constantly having to be the authoritative and organized figure intensified before sitting back down. Shinwoo grabbed for your hand underneath the table as he pinched at the bridge of his nose. Goosebumps ran up and down your skin, but you could only grab his hand as well, needing at least someone to share in the frustration you felt over having to deal with your lovable but more than clumsy and forgetful dongsaeng.


A/N: So this chapter was going to be a lot longer, but who doesn't love cliffhangers and part twos?? So yeah look forward to the next chapter. It should be uploaded in five minutes because I am writing trash here and just wrote like 4000 words straight all for the sake of these cute little idiots. I hope you are enjoying them as much as I am.