Fluffy Talk

Taking Care

 

           “So, you’re going to stay in here with me, tonight. I don’t think it is such a good idea for you to go back to Sandeul in your state,” you cooed softly as you gingerly helped Alex lie down. “Shinwoo will share the room with Sandeul for the time being.”

           “B-but what about your fun time? Are you sure it’s safe to be sleeping in this bed? You have been with him all lovey dovey for the last few days,” she quipped, raising an eyebrow as she inspected the sheets mockingly. “Too bad I didn’t bring my blacklight. I’ll have to just assume that it’s safe. Knowing you and how you are, you would have lapped it right up anyway,” she chuckled heartily, not missing an instance to be absolutely filthy.

           “Pfft, well I see that you can’t be that hurt considering you still have time to be filthy like that. Some part of your brain must be working just fine, dirty little maknae,” you scoffed, rolling your eyes. “Be thankful. I’m missing hot steamy y time with the boy to take care of you. You owe me so much for this,” you threatened.      

           “Yeah, yeah, I’ll get you any kpop ticket you want next time. Who’s having a concert next?” she asked, waving lazily at you. The two of you shared a laugh as you shook your head, at least happy that she was returning to her bubbly self. Being the rational and compassionate person that you were, you decided not to question anything that might still be sensitive to her.

           “You better. In the meantime, think of a way to get me every actor from this drama I’m watching. Now that you’re my hostage, you have to watch all the lovely fight scenes with me. I am so behind on this drama but now I have company,” you cheered, slapping her lightly as you often did when you were overly excited. She smirked at your enthusiasm but smiled a genuine, heartwarming smile, one that reminded you that there were still some enjoyable moments left in the world, the ones where time stood still and you were happy to have the people in your life that you did. “I’m gonna go get us some water and snacks. You have to stay up all day with me for this. Fighting!” you exclaimed jubilantly as you left her, nearly skipping out of the room and into the dim living room. As soon as you closed the door behind you, you were slammed against it, a knee between your legs and an arm extending to your right. You looked up to see Shinwoo staring down at you, the dim light playing on his sweet features to shroud them in an air of lust and determination. You bit your lip before realizing whom you were with.

           “What the hell, Shinwoo? You scared me. What are you doing?” you asked, giggling at how startled you were. At this, any trace of seriousness in his face washed away to reveal the truly shy puppy before you.

           “Dammit, Nina, I was supposed to do this all y and you were supposed to say yes and kiss me passionately,” he muttered before breaking out into an even gummier smile as he loosened his position and relaxed.

           “Whoa, whoa, whoa, there. You sound like you just stepped out of a drama. Zo In Sung that you? And I was supposed to say ‘yes’ to what exactly?” you teased.

           “Well, as you know, the MAMA Awards are coming up and…” he trailed off, hoping desperately that you would understand. You did, but you knew to be cautious. The last time you weren’t, your world came tumbling down and you were still left picking up the pieces months later.

           “Do you really think that is a good idea with all of this media coverage? You’re asking me to go to the biggest music award show of the year with you as what, your date?” you asked, raising an eyebrow.

           “Exactly. So, what about it?” he asked hopefully, biting his lip and looking down at the ground, his hands behind his back, abashed.

           “Do you know how dangerous that is?” you reminded him gravely.

           “What’s dangerous about it?” You merely stared at him, knowing full well that he knew better. “Look, remember what I told everyone this morning? I am going to announce this relationship one way or another and I would appreciate it if you stood by me when I did. We can’t hide from the cameras forever because famous or not, there is always someone watching, someone judging, so why not give them something to ogle over?” he explained seriously, his eyes piercing your heart as his stare did not waver.

           “But this is the first time in forever that you guys have been invited to the awards and you want to try to mess that up by inviting a scandal into your midst? I just don’t think it’s a good idea.”

           “So, you won’t go with me? You’re more afraid of losing to them outside than losing me, is that it?”

           “It’s not that, it’s just…” you began, trying to stay calm and rational.

           “Or is that you want me to go with someone else? To have another cute girl on my arm? Are you telling me that you won’t be the least bit jealous when the paparazzi make us kiss or hold hands or anything like that? If you’re not, well then fine, I’m down for that, too if you think that is a better idea,” he shrugged nonchalantly, pausing to peek at you and mentally record your reaction. The thought of coming so far only to have him be seen with someone else was just not fair. Having to endure the pain only to watch it amount to nothing was something you would not and could not possibly tolerate, evident as you balled your hands into tight fists and gritted your teeth.

           “I’ll go, dammit,” you grumbled. At this, his smile nearly lit up the rest of the room. One look at his tiny eye slits caused your heart to flutter as you forgot any of the negative possibilities that awaited you.

           “I mean, if you don’t want to, that’s fine, too~” he chimed playfully, warranting a light punch from you. “I was kidding! I’m so glad you said ‘yes’. Honestly, I think it is better this way. The sooner we make this official, the sooner the little people who have nothing better to do than talk can move on with their lives and find something else, someone else to waste their precious time on. I prefer to spend mine with the girl of my dreams, if you don’t mind.”

           “Oh, so you do dream about me? How so?” you asked curiously, eyes twinkling with innocence yet a hint of mischief.

           “Why tell you when I can show you one day. Speaking of, is Alex ok in there?” he winked before changing the subject abruptly.

           “Ah, yeah, she’s fine. She’s my prisoner for the next few days courtesy of you. I was just about to get us some water and snacks so that we could start watching this drama together,” you explained. “I am just so behind,” you sighed, exasperated. He smirked at your trivial dilemma. “Oh, how is Sandeul holding up and have you even seen a hair of Gongchan around lately?”

           “I haven’t seen the latter, but Sandeul is as fine as he is going to be. I don’t know what to do with him or even what to tell him so I am trying to keep him entertained as you are with Alex. I must say, this is hard work,” he confessed.

           “You’re telling me and I’ve been doing this for years now. It’s not easy, but it’s always worth it. If it’s not, then you just haven’t waited long enough,” you pointed out truthfully.

           “I’m glad that I don’t have to wait for you anymore. I’ve got what I wanted,” he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck shyly. Before you could reply, you felt yourself lurch backwards and being saved by thick arms before you could hit the ground.

           “Ah, hey, it was taking you dorks too long out here so I’m just gonna go get the snacks myself,” Alex greeted you flippantly.

           “You ! I could have fallen and broke something!” you scolded her halfheartedly, making a mentally noting to thank her for having you fall into your man’s arm like every cliché drama or romantic movie you had ever seen. As overworked as it was, you had to admit that you had thought about it happening on several an occasion.

           “But did you die?” she asked as she brushed politely past the two of you on her way to kitchen.

           “I could have!” you screamed back as she opened the fridge and Shinwoo set you straight up again.

           “But you didn’t. Plus, I knew that he was going to catch you,” she replied. “What kind of sparkling water do you want?” she added randomly as she continued to rummage through the fridge. "Never mind, I’m taking the lemonade one. You can have the ice tea. Ugh, we need to go buy some more tomorrow,” she digressed.

           “How did you know that?” Shinwoo queried.

           “Well, I can see that there are only two sparkling waters and that surely isn’t en-“ she responded mockingly.

           “I meant that I would catch her.”

           “Would you not have?” you asked him, looking up at him and pouting as you folded your arms across your chest.

           “Of course he would have~ He’s your Prince Charming after all. Now, what about that drama we talked about?” she came to the rescue as she walked towards you guys, arms full with chips, seaweed paper, waters and various other items she could manage to purloin.

           “None of those better be the other members’,” Shinwoo warned.

           “Oh, calm down. Where do you think half the food in this house comes from and where half my paycheck goes all the time,” she rebutted casually. “Pfft, Lenena, you have a lot more to teach this boy. Now, you youngsters have your fun. I’m gonna go inside and watch the drama if you don’t mind. Bye~” she smiled to herself as she shuffled past you and locked the door behind her.

           “Why you little brat!” you called through the door. “You’re so lucky-“

           “Ah, you don’t want to be with me? Is your drama really that important?” Shinwoo asked, pouting as he wrapped his arms around your waist and laid his chin on your shoulder. You had no choice but to pat his back gently, unable to break away from his grip, even as you heard the music of the intro. You grit your teeth, knowing full well that if she valued her life, she would not start without you.

           “It’s not that, Shinwoo, babe. It’s just that I am so behind~” you groaned. “I’ve been waiting all week to watch it. I mean, do you want to watch it with us?” you offered, trying to devise a way to satisfy both urges at the same time.

           “I am so sorry that I just wanted alone time with you. Do you think you could give up your drama for just one night?” he continued to pout. “How about we just sit and talk? There are still so many things that I want to know about you.”

           “Where’d this sweet side come from?” you asked, puzzled, though not unappreciative.

           “When I realized that I had got what I always wanted with my life, someone to love me and someone that would stand by me as she perfectly balances her friends, work, and own life. You just don’t understand how excited I am for the awards,” he answered. “How about I get us some of our own snacks and we just sit and watch a movie? I was going to say this earlier before I was so rudely interru-“

           “O ! I think this historical gangster was like ‘Nah , you can’t live, I’m about to you up for what you did to this country,’” you heard Alex scream from the other side of the door. Shinwoo tried to fight back his smile.

           “I swear to god, Alex, if you continue that any further, I will murder you so hard!” you threatened.

           “O good, at least, it’ll be like the guys in the show. I didn’t want to be murdered soft,” she rebutted. You could almost hear her stick out her tongue at you. You pursed your lips as you stared at the puppy still in front of you.

           “Shinwoo…”

           “O , he just chopped off his own arm!” she wailed.

           “I swear to god, Alex!!!” Shinwoo only laughed heartily at your reaction.

           “It seems like that drama is getting pretty good. What is it about?” he asked, snickering.

           “Well, like you see, it’s a historical and it’s a long story. So like the king guy has three sons and then each one owns some kind of business, but this one guy is a gambler and you know how serious that is and-“

           “Oh my god!! What do you mean there’s fire everywhere?!?! BTS that you?!?! Suga, who did you give your mixtape to this time and how the hell did you just randomly go back in time like that?!? I knew that one actor looked like you. You’re not fooling anyone, Suga. I see you, bringing all the fire!” she rambled excitedly.

           “Alex, I swear to god, I am going to break down this door if you don’t stop the damn drama!” All the while, Shinwoo was laughing hysterically at you, tears coming to his eyes.

           “I would pay to see that,” he panted between bouts of laughter and trying to catch his breath. You scowled at him half seriously. “It looks like you’re busy. I don’t want to ruin your night more than she is ruining that episode,” he guffawed, wiping the tears from his eyes.

           “O my lord!! The whole damn casino is on fire!”

           “Alex, you’re gonna be on fire if you don’t shut the up!” you warned once more, no longer caring if Shinwoo minded. Instead, he was more than enjoying the spectacle.

           “Looks like you’re just going to have to break down the door like you said unless you wanna set the whole place, your laptop and your precious pictures of Shinwoo on fire too,” she challenged. You could hear the smirk in her voice.

           “You have pictures of me?” Shinwoo asked, raising an eyebrow smugly.

           “What do you expect from a fangirl? Trust me, there’s nothing of when you were sleeping or anything like that. I do have a boundary,” you assured him absentmindedly.

           “Bruh, you didn’t even have to do him like that! Well o , who this be?!?!”

           “That’s it! Move out of the way, Shinwoo, I’m breaking down the door,” you announced as you sidestepped, ready to charge, obviously not in your right mind to realize how dumb an idea that was and how badly you probably would get hurt. You were sure Shinwoo would take care of you. “Alex~~~” you yelled your war cry.

           “On your mark, get set, go!” Alex’ muffled voice mocked you. “Better hurry before someone else gets stabbed or another arm comes off. This is such a great drama!” At this,  you charged blindly. Seconds before you reached the threshold, you realized the pain that was coming to you and cursed yourself for being so dumb, but you were committed at this point and Shinwoo was definitely bound to take care of you as he continued to nearly roll with laughter. You were surprised as you nearly lost your footing as she opened the door and instead, you were met with air, tripping sideways onto your bed only to see your laptop was off. You immediately fumbled to sit up to see Alex shrugging and laughing, her voice mingling with Shinwoo’s.

           “What the actual , Alex?!?!”

           “It was off this whole time! I just played random clips from really serious sounding dramas and you didn’t even know the difference, but at least looks like Shinwoo had fun,” she confessed as she nodded to your boy grasping onto the couch for air.

           “You piece of , you maknae!!” you cursed.

           “O, dear, that was hilarious. Looks like you have some stuff to get through. Try to hide the evidence if you do kill her,” Shinwoo chuckled as he caught his breath. “I’ll see you at the MAMA Awards.”

           “You see her every day, dummy. Also, we have to go dress shopping some time, but don’t worry, I’ll scream loud if she tries anything,” Alex pointed out.

           “Not if I press a pillow over your face until the kicking stops,” you growled, flashing her the most serious side glare you had ever pulled.

           “And why would you do that to darling, dongsaeng? How are you going to find anyone as cute and I don’t think you want to be their choreographer,” she reminded you, placing her hands under her chin and fluttering her eyelashes. “No harm done~” she chimed innocently.

           “You guys are a mess. Good night ladies. Try not to kill each other. Love you, Nina and sleep with one eye open, Alex,” he chuckled as he waved sweetly to the two of you before closing the door and walking over to his and Sandeul’s room.

           “You guys are just so cute together~” Alex sighed contently as you your computer.

           “No more snacks for you,” you barked as you snatched the bag of chips from her.“Bad dongsaeng.”

           “Love you, too, unnie, but you know no one takes my food,” she reminded you, snatching her chips back. “If you’re really that hungry, Shinwoo is just across the hall and Canada has been looking rather y lately,” she jested. At this, you turned your computer off and slammed it shut.

           “Go to sleep, ,” you ordered as you put your computer up and tried to fight your smile.

           “Good night, unnie. You should get some sleep, too. Dress shopping tomorrow for that fancy date you have,” she reminded you. Your heart skipped a beat as you realized that you had agreed to have your relationship outed on national television, but as you came back to your senses, you merely hit her with a pillow and replied with a simple, yet playful “Good night.”