Chapter 9

What Is Love?

Sorry about the previous update. I was in a rush =x! So here it is.

---

I couldn't concentrate at all since lunch. I sat and stared into space with teary eyes. Finally all my classes were over. I dashed to the door and saw Hyun Ae waiting for me.

"Yah! Kyung Hee, calm down."

"Let's go, let's go." I said impatiently.

"Wait. First you must remember to be strong. Second you must clean yourself up! You look like a wreck." she told me.

I couldn't wait anymore but I was sure Hyun Ae won't let me go without doing what she told me to. She's too persistent.

---

I went into the park with Hyun Ae, looking for Jonghyun. We finally saw him and walked over.

"Jonghyun!" Hyun Ae yelled, making Jonghyun turn.

"What was so important?"

"Jonghyun. Tell me. Are you going out a girl named Kang Soo Yun?" I sternly said.

"Kang Soo Yun? Who is that?" he confusingly asked.

At that moment, a girl around my age came running up and hugged Jonghyun.

"Oppa, let's go. You told me we're going to the movies." she said while she looked up at him with clear eyes.

I saw Hyun Ae's head turn to me from the corner of my eye. Then, everything went blur. My tears have blocked my view.

"Kim Jonghyun. How could you do this to me? I shouldn't have trusted you. I should've known what you were from the start. A player, that's what you are. I thought you were different. How could I actually fool myself in thinking that you were perfect, that you weren't like the others. I should have known. From now on, I don't ever want to see you again." I said without thinking.

I turned and ran. I ran without a direction. I stopped, knowing that nobody would chase after me. I sat on a bench and cried until it was dark.

"You shouldn't be out alone at night here, you know. It's dangerous." someone said.

"Wh-who are y-you?" I replied, sobbing.

"We just moved in a few weeks ago. My name is Lee Hyun Ki and this is my younger sister, Lee Hye-Mi. We live around here. Do you?"

I just nodded. I don't live around here but I don't think I live too far off from here, right?

"That's great. We'll take you home, then."  a cheerful voice said.

I slowly got up and dragged myself home with strangers following me. It felt weird but who cares? My life is a mess already anyway.

---

I'm sooooo tired! By the way, I used the characters from fallencupcakes' story. She's my friend in real life ^^~ Good mornight <3