*Three.

Never Again.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

셋. 三.

A giggle. That was what Jiyong heard. But he couldn't find out where it was coming from. It was like the sound moved. Sometimes it seemed faraway, yet so close ans sometimes it was on his left and then it would come from his right. Jiyong didn't know what to make of it. 

"Mr. Kwon . . ." The giggling stopped and a female voice spoke.

"Who's there?" Jiyong asked calmly. A shadow passed by and Jiyong didn't see it very well as it was quick. 

"I'm here," Another giggle.

"Well, who are you?" Jiyong asked.

"I'm Lee Chaerin." The soft voice said. 

Where had he heard that name before? Lee Chaerin . . . Chaerin. It was a unique name and he liked it. He had heard it before, but where?

"Do you remember me? I'm friends with your assistant . . ." Chaerin giggled.

Jiyong wanted to pinch himself. Was he dreaming? Was this really happening? He remembered now. Lee Chaerin was the woman Ms. Jang had called out and hugged. But why was she here, in his dream? Why was he thinking of her, someone he'd barely met.

"See you soon, Jiyong." The giggle and voices faded.

 

 

 

"Jiyong, wake up! Wake up. You're sweating all over the bed." Ms. Jang shook him, trying to get him to wake.

"Where am I?" Jiyong asked groggily, yawning. He balanced on the palm of his hand as he looked at the clock.

"We're still in France." Ms. Jang said, worry written all over her face. 

"Why are you in my room?" Jiyong glared at her.

"It's time for breakfast in the lobby. I wasn't sure if I should wake you up and when I came in here, it seemed like you were uncomfortable and maybe having a bad dream so I woke you up and here we are."

Of course, the dream. Why was she in his dream? What was it about? Was there some hidden message? Jiyong doubted that but anything could be true.

 

 

 

The hotel lobby was so Mediterranean; from the terracotta tile to the high ceiling fans Jiyong felt he could be in the Balearic Isles. There was so much light and openness, much like the people who were lucky enough to call it home. The tile floor was fine marble, which made every step echo. A chandelier made rainbow colours dance across the luxurious lobby. Embroidered silk sofas surrounded a large, flat-screen television. The twin doors led into the lobby were a pristine white with golden handles. The desk was made of amber-coloured wood and a green granite top. Exquisite painting hung from the rich, red walls. Even the door hinges were engraved with swirls and elegant designs. The domed ceiling rose at least 100 feet high. The music is soft, the colours gentle to the eye and the large dining room already laid out with a glorious buffet. 

"Who are you looking for?" Jiyong broke the silence that surrounded them. 

"My friend. We're going to eat with- Oh there she is!" Ms. Jang walked towards an occupied table with a woman looking through the menu. "Lee Chaerin!" 

Chaerin looked up and smiled. She had a warmness about her. "Good morning, Yumi." She didn't acknowledge the fact that Jiyong was there and if she did, she ignored him.

"Good morning, Ms. Lee," Jiyong extended his arm for an handshake. He wanted to be polite. Chaerin looked at him for a minute, causing his heart to beat faster than normal, before she turned back to Yumi. 

"There is so much food on this thing. What are you ordering?" Chaerin asked.

"Anything and everything. I'm starving." Yumi smiled. "Hey, Chaerin-ah, what goes in hard and pick but comes out soft and mushy?"

Both of the women giggled. Jiyong almost choked on the water he was drinking, causing them to look at him. Yumi was concerned about him while Chaerin merely looked affected. The truth was because of her giggle. It sounded just like the one in his dream. 'Maybe bacause she's the same person, Mr. Obvious!' Jiyong thought to himself. 

A waiter came over to them. 

"What would you guys like to have?" He spoke perfect English. 

Chaerin spoke up first. "I would like to have . . . Croissants,  toast with jam, 2 yogurts, chocolate fil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter