*One.

Never Again.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

하나.  一. 

Jiyong grunted as the intercom near his door buzzed and the receptionist's voice countered his office room. He wasn't in the mood for this right now. He had had a hectic night, packing for his trip to France and then he had been called back for work. Of course he couldn't decline. His life revolved around working and only working. Nothing else mattered. Not even family. He didn't like it when he was interrupted and whatever was so important to take his time away from his work, wasn't always important. 

"Mr. Kwon," The receptionist called out. The words weren't clear since there were some static coming through it. 

"What would be the problem now Ms. Eom?" Jiyong said sharply, running his hands through his dyed blonde hair. She had been calling him for this and that and frankly, it was getting on his nerves. 

"There is someone here who would like to see you." Ms. Eom said, not fazed. She was used to his harsh way of talking. 

"And who would that be? Look, I'm very busy this very moment so tell whoever that they can come tomorrow. I don't have time for anyone right now. My hands are tired from all this documents I have been given. So please, let me enjoy this free time that I have before I get going." 

"Mr. Kwon, you won't be here tomorrow," Ms. Eom said.

"My point exactly." Jiyong said as his hand enveloped the remote for the intercom.

"Mr. Kw-" The intercom shut off mid-sentence.

Jiyong smiled at his accomplishment. Now that he had gotten rid of the annoying pest, it was time to get rid of the paperworks and head home. He grabbed his pens, tape, paper clips, scissors, tablet and his jacket. He knew he could leave these things but he couldn't trust people. 

Jiyong walked out of his office, looking around to make sure everything was where he had left it. It was a daily routine for him. There was no such thing as being too careful. As Jiyong turned off his lights and rounded the corner to the main entrance, he saw the person he least expected to ever see in his life. His ex-girlfriend, Areum. His eyes turned narrowed, rigid, cold and hard. He was far away al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter